X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Bills will beat Green Bay.

Yes they will and they will be 9-6 going into New England for the season finale,
    IF
    They beat the Browns this Sunday. This is a huge game, they lose and they are done.
    Beat Cleve, Lose Denver, Beat GBay, Beat Oak.

Hello New Eng. with a shot at play-offs. Probably will need a little help from other teams though.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills will beat Green Bay.

I hope you're right. It would be nice for the last game of the season to be meaningful for us.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Going into the last week of the season with a 10-5 record would be even better.

Beat N.E.* to go 11-5. If that happened, Marrone & Hackett could both keep their jobs.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

I would love it if we beat Cleveland. I hate when we lose to Cleveland.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Losing any conference game means no playoffs.

10-6 while being 6-6 in conference when there is already 1 team, Steelers, with 6 conference wins isn't going to be good enough.

Unless of course you think none of these teams can possibly finish out 3-2...Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy, SD, KC, Baltimore

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
            Yes they will and they will be 9-6 going into New England for the season finale,
            IF
            They beat the Browns this Sunday. This is a huge game, they lose and they are done.
            If we can't beat Cleveland at home on this particularly weekend I'm not sure how anyone envisions beating the Packers.

If we lose this game I suspect our game @ Oakland will be in order to avoid another 6-10 season.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Will be interesting if New England is locked into their playoff seed before they play us in the last game. Would BB sit his starters?

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                Will be interesting if New England is locked into their playoff seed before they play us in the last game. Would BB sit his starters?
                He might for a quarter or so, but it's not his MO otherwise. He's almost like a college coach racking up stats because he thinks it's going to help him or something. I've never understood it.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  If we can't beat Cleveland at home on this particularly weekend I'm not sure how anyone envisions beating the Packers.

If we lose this game I suspect our game @ Oakland will be in order to avoid another 6-10 season.
                  The Cleve. game is the basis for the rest of the year. They lose and I think they are just playing out the string with no motivation or hope. They win, then Green Bay is going down in the Ralph.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    I hope you're right. It would be nice for the last game of the season to be meaningful for us.
                    The last game is very meaningful to the Bills. It usually drops us 3-5 slots in the draft.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                      Would be funny if they lose to the Bills that they would have to play the Bills in the first round of the playoffs.
                      NE will probably be the 1 or 2 seed though. So I don't see that happening.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        It would be nice for the last game of the season to be meaningful for us.
                        ... so that cheatertown can once again crush our hopes into dust and shove it up our ass
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          ... so that cheatertown can once again crush our hopes into dust and shove it up our ass
                          If we're going to get off of a schneid, no better time, place or opponent. A lot needs to happen first to get to that point though.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• whkfc
                            Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            The last game is very meaningful to the Bills. It usually drops us 3-5 slots in the draft.
                            Not this year. It'll be to drop Cleveland down 3-4 spots.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                              IF

Hello New Eng. with a shot at play-offs. Probably will need a little help from other teams though.

you mean our team that wins 1, loses 1, wins 2, loses 2, wins 1, loses 1...
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X