• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Game Balls Goats

Balls

Hughes Have to pay him!
    Bradham He is all over the place. He plays mean!
    Searcy. He's improving. Glad we save Byrds money for Hughes and Dareus

Goats

Red Zone offense again. Another pathetic display.
    Orton. The next person to say we must extend him gets banned please!
    Marone. The time management then play call at the end of the half were ******ed!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Game Balls Goats

The entire defense gets a game ball, a pretty dominant performance IMO that should have been more impressive if some of the drops would have been picks.

Orton's deeper balls the last few weeks, for the most part, have been no more accurate than EJ's.
    Hackett frustrates the **** out of me again, going pass-heavy early and only running between the tackles, but he redeemed himself a little bit in the second half. The third down conversion to Gray was beautifully designed.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

Hughes-they caused 3 holding penalties and an illegal procedure call against one of the best OT's in the game. They move him to the opposite side...gets a sack. Browns run wide, causes a holding penalty, makes the stop, strips the ball, causes a fumble and scores a TD.

Pay him.

The rest of the D - this was an early 90's type of win. The game is close, the O is struggling (yes, even the K gun struggled at times)...all of the sudden, the D blows the game wide open. Josh Gordon could have done some damage, but didn't. They kept Cleveland out of the endzone when needed.

The Oline. They opened holes for the running game when it counted.

There could be goats, but I enjoyed that victory too much.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Balls-

Searcy- Huge game and was the game's MVP.

Hughes- Held by the OL, made the tackle, stripped the ball, recovered the fumble, ran it in for the TD. Play of the game and the Browns pretty much rolled over after that play.

Woods- another solid game with Sammy drawing most of the attention from the opposition's D. The fourth down catch was the second best play of the game even though he was interfered with.

OL- they really protected Orton today and had their best game in collectively in the past month or two today.

Brown- best game since October for this guy. Really played well against the run and made some plays.

Goats-

Orton- INT down by three inside the 10 on third down and missed some throws today. I don't mind him missing some throws at times...it happens. He has been less accurate since the bye I think. But turning the ball over inside the ten when down by three in what was a 3 point game at that point is inexcusable.

Spikes- looked bad on a few plays on the first half. Really out of position a few times. Played a better second half but the first half wasn't pretty.
        Last edited by Scumbag College; 11-30-2014, 03:25 PM.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Balls: The defense.

Goats:

Orton
          Watkins: 3 Rec, 11 yards for 2 first s and a 4th? Certainly not worth it.
          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-30-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Apart from the one big drive in the first half, and the TD in the second, the defense was really good.
            If there was a goat, it's Orton. Not accurate on a few throws, and getting intercepted throwing into double coverage, was not a great display. Especially in a game that looked like it was going to be close all the way through, until the D got the fumble TD.
            Orton has a certain amount of composure, and does seem to have a good handle on the huddle, but he's no more than a game manager tbh.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
              Apart from the one big drive in the first half, and the TD in the second, the defense was really good.
              If there was a goat, it's Orton. Not accurate on a few throws, and getting intercepted throwing into double coverage, was not a great display. Especially in a game that looked like it was going to be close all the way through, until the D got the fumble TD.
              Orton has a certain amount of composure, and does seem to have a good handle on the huddle, but he's no more than a game manager tbh.

He's Ryan Fitzpatrick without the ugly beard.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                cept Fitz threw 6 tds today
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Game Ball:
                  MarQuies Gray
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

One game ball not mentioned I think should go to Colton Schmidt.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Ball to Thigpen. Great game.

Ball to Schwartz. They must have made some adjustments at halftime, because the first half everyone on the field was terrible. 12 was eating us alive with the short stuff. Then it stopped in the second half.

Goat: The officials were just ghastly...huddling up for everything. Took away a TD too.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        id take fitz back in a heart beat over orton

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                          id take fitz back in a heart beat over orton
                          So would I, but that's like saying that the Jets would rather have Sanchez back.

Big deal.

We need a QB, and while I'm drooling over Mariota, looks like we'll have to wait until the 2015 draft to get one.

If we had our 1st-rounder we might have been able to package that and next year's 1st to be able to get him. Then again, who's drafting first, Oakland? I'm guessing they'll take him and not trade the pick, so it'd be a longshot anyway.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

We need a QB, and while I'm drooling over Mariota, looks like we'll have to wait until the 2015 draft to get one.

If we had our 1st-rounder we might have been able to package that and next year's 1st to be able to get him. Then again, who's drafting first, Oakland? I'm guessing they'll take him and not trade the pick, so it'd be a longshot anyway.
                            At 8-8 if the Bills had there 2015 1st round pick they would be picking between 14 and 18.. It would take a lot more than there 2016 1st round pick to go from 14-18 to No.1 overall

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

nope. fletch made his decree, so it remains true!

Comment

Working...
                              X