X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Marqueis Gray ... Interesting Player

This guy has a unique set of skills. He was a QB and WR/RB at Minnesota.

Had some success as a WR as a sophomore but had most of his impact as an option QB as a junior and senior.

This kid can run by people or over them, has natural hands and can even throw.

Would like to see him get regular time on offence as he can be a mismatch.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Marqueis Gray ... Interesting Player

if he can get rid of lee smith and push chandler to be more consistent, great pick up. good first game.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

It didn't register for me for a while just who this guy was when I saw him on the field. Surprised to see him out there so soon, but he made some plays, particularly that long catch.

Comment

• wolfpack
        • Aug 2008

Funny thing is, he was a 4 star recruit at QB out of high school, Bellow E.J. Manuel and above Robert Griffin.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          if he can get rid of lee smith and push chandler to be more consistent, great pick up. good first game.
          Really?

There's something really enlightening. Not that that is completely obvious or anything.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

As a Big 10 watcher, I remember him starting at QB for Minnesota.

He is very fast and should get more looks immediately over Chandler, who struggles with seperation in most games.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by wolfpack View Post
              Funny thing is, he was a 4 star recruit at QB out of high school, Bellow E.J. Manuel and above Robert Griffin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...eis-Gray-62076
              Curious why he didn't do more last year in Cleveland or in Minnesota this year.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

I'm getting real tired of seeing Chandler taken to the turf after a catch like he's Roscoe Parrish FCOL

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

Could be that he did well because no one game planned for him, but why not hope we got lucky and found someone who can end up contributing on a regular basis?

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                    Could be that he did well because no one game planned for him, but why not hope we got lucky and found someone who can end up contributing on a regular basis?
                    Agree

Who would have thought that he wasn't lining up just to block.

Post #46

------

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

He had two big gains. The only thing I didn't like is it looked like he ducked out of bounds when there were a few more yards to be had, but that's something that can be taught. He might have just been out of breath.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        Curious why he didn't do more last year in Cleveland or in Minnesota this year.
                        He was transitioning from being a predominant QB/WR at Minnesota. He had to bulk up some and learn blocking tech.

Many Browns fans were quite upset when he got released. They think he's a higher upside Delanie Walker type.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                          No, it must have been a fluke game by Gray.

We have been told by the "experts" on this board that Whaley & the Bills scouting dept SUCK.

There is no way they could have added a talented player to the team is there?

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            He had to bulk up some.
                            He certainly succeeded at that.

Someone needs to tell him that he can crush tiny Defensive Backs when they're the only thing standing between him and six points.

I still can't believe he ran out of bounds at the end of that great run yesterday. He at least needs to get some stiff arm tips from Fred.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              you need at least one tight end who is a responsible blocker and can catch a ball or two

Comment

Working...
                              X