PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either way

Skooby
01-05-2015, 06:58 PM
I was just told the power-play for his group's extension was basically met with the owner posturing of him no longer being welcome. Doug basically took offense and trashed the team to Polian & others that would listen, even though Doug's sphere of influence is limited in the professional ranks.

This would be a historical equalivelent of Rommel (the Desert Fox) asking for more tanks to drive to Russia to take care of business.

WagonCircler
01-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I was just told the power-play for his group's extension was basically met with the owner posturing of him no longer being welcome. Doug basically took offense and trashed the team to Polian & others that would listen, even though Doug's sphere of influence is limited in the professional ranks.

This would be a historical equalivelent of Rommel (the Desert Fox) asking for more tanks to drive to Russia to take care of business.

Told by whom?

coastal
01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Can someone translate this hot mess?

Novacane
01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Skooby's rich friends

Skooby
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Doug: I need to be in charge here and extensions to anyone I say.

Owner: GTFO

Doug: I'm not happy with my position or the organization, I'm taking my services elsewhere.

Owner: Happy New Year, I saved $4 M !! I dont't have to pay this ***** $8 Million !!

coastal
01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Um.... what?

DraftBoy
01-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Um.... what?

Bunch of random nonsense compiled mostly of internet fodder, some reporting by actual people, and a pinch of just made up ****.

coastal
01-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Thank u

justasportsfan
01-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Skooby pretending to have sources again

Skooby
01-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I iive in a small world, extremely tiny without many walls. The **** you read from Schef and the rest online are re-treads from some small sample of reality. Everything being equal, Terry is turning stones right now. Doug was a dick to the new owner, then got slapped.

Knock me at me will, if it makes anyone here feel better. I've avoided most of the season because there's nothing to report but what the score said, including starting Orton in the most meaningless game of the season. That game wasn't to help the Bills' see who EJ is but to get Doug a winning record, all starters all game for 9-7. So far that selfish action got him half of what he was guaranteed to get, a power-play without a goal. Compete dick-move for the team, especially with a previously retired QB going through the motions in his final game.

swiper
01-06-2015, 04:41 AM
knock, knock.

Don't Panic
01-06-2015, 04:43 AM
I miss the name Skooby... it was so much more fitting.

YardRat
01-06-2015, 04:47 AM
Wruh-wroh.

- - - Updated - - -

"I would've been able to keep my job and get more power, if it wasn't for those darn kids!"

RedEyE
01-06-2015, 04:58 AM
I think Joe Logan even groaned at this sad attempt.

CommissarSpartacus
01-06-2015, 07:11 AM
I understand what he's saying and it makes sense if Marrone has a 4 year contract. Did he, or was it three?

The rationali2ation goes that the Pegulas aren't dumb, they found out about Marrone and his deal with Brandon, so when Marrone shows up asking for more power and an extension, they say no. But they know about the escape clause.

So, they figure that Marrone, being the egomaniac he is, never DREAMED that the Pegulas wouldn't want to keep him as coach and would leave in a huff. Which he did.

If he hadn't, and the Pegulas had to fire him, they'd look like the bad guys and would owe him $8 mill.

This way, they get rid of him like they want for only $4 mill, and make him look like the bad guy at the same time.

Hmmmm, I guess Terry Pegula didn't get where he is by being stupid with money and people.

If this is true, I find it encouraging. We have an owner with a brain....

trapezeus
01-06-2015, 07:55 AM
i know the skoob lore, but the story put forth in this thread isn't that outlandish.

marrone trashed the organization unprofessionally when he left. a rational person wouldn't do that unless they felt slighted. maybe it was simply his attempting to make a power play. maybe he was rebuffed like described. it is as good as any story i've read thus far.

i also like the pegula's actual "no stone left unturned" approach that good ole russ was supposed to do last time.

Strongman
01-06-2015, 08:30 AM
I can certainly believe that Marrone went directly to the Pegulas because he thought the FO were idiots who made his job harder by bringing in "talent" like Chris Williams or Jordan Palmer. Marrone knew the QB situation wasn't going to get any better this year and probably wanted to be extended so he wouldn't take the fall for it. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted more say on who the Bills brought in. For whatever reasons, the Pegulas balked at this so Marrone walked.

Marrone might be an ***hole, but I don't think he was necessarily wrong.

coastal
01-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I understand what he's saying and it makes sense if Marrone has a 4 year contract. Did he, or was it three?

The rationali2ation goes that the Pegulas aren't dumb, they found out about Marrone and his deal with Brandon, so when Marrone shows up asking for more power and an extension, they say no. But they know about the escape clause.

So, they figure that Marrone, being the egomaniac he is, never DREAMED that the Pegulas wouldn't want to keep him as coach and would leave in a huff. Which he did.

If he hadn't, and the Pegulas had to fire him, they'd look like the bad guys and would owe him $8 mill.

This way, they get rid of him like they want for only $4 mill, and make him look like the bad guy at the same time.

Hmmmm, I guess Terry Pegula didn't get where he is by being stupid with money and people.

If this is true, I find it encouraging. We have an owner with a brain....let's not throw laurels just yet.

That kind of decision making is pretty rudimentary at that level... hell at our level.

weve just been addled with an out of touch owner and those in his place were just figuring out how do they get as much money out of the situation as possible.

Skooby
01-06-2015, 09:58 AM

If you show up to the bank & can wire $1.4 Billion to buy an NFL football team, you have your **** together. Terry wasn't handed a silver spoon as well, he worked & got dirty.

He's dedicating his time & vast resources in all the while trying to make the Bills better. Who's going to argue with the efforts or his dedication ??

Dr. Who
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Well, I don't know what is true and I doubt anyone does. People pretty much pick the narrative that fits in with their prior opinions.
As long as one is adding rumors, apparently Marrone's interview with the Jets did not go well. I don't think the saint is going to like how things turn out.

trapezeus
01-06-2015, 10:40 AM
the NFL is so small and insular. when you bad mouth a team and put words into a legend's mouth like a polian, it probably doesn't end well for you unless you won a lot of games.

imagine if the Rams or Bucs coach was like belichick. the league would fine him and he'd go away. see schaivano. bobby paterno (sp?). guys who scorn the league and don't have the wins to back it up, tend to toe company line.

if the jets don't come through, i can't see another team touching him.

imbondz
01-06-2015, 10:58 AM

lol

swiper
01-06-2015, 12:08 PM

It's funny how the self-aggrandizing, cerebral thinking tub of lard understands and sympathizes with the scholastically-challenged little boy who uses the internet behind his parent's backs.

Goobylal
01-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Why is this so hard to believe? It's far more believable than that laughable "Pegs offered Marrone, a 15-17 coach, an 8 figure salary extension" line.

sudzy
01-06-2015, 05:45 PM

I can translate this. What Scooby is saying is "Don't do CRACK"