PDA

View Full Version : Taylor MCL Sprain

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Could miss multiple games

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Per La Canfora twitter:

"Tyrod Taylor could miss multiple games with an MCL sprain suffered on a horse-collar tackle Sun. Bills will prepare EJ Manuel to start Sun."

YardRat
10-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Well, this is going to get real interesting.

MillsapsBillsFan
10-13-2015, 12:16 PM
EJ time. Lets see how this works out

Joe Fo Sho
10-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Did anyone see EJ's handoff last week? He looked like Montana out there, I'm pumped.

chris66
10-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Well you have jacksonville then a bye. If you get lucky he'll only miss 2 games

Scumbag College
10-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Looking ahead to Jax, if EJ starts I hope he sticks it to that creep Marrone who really mismanaged EJ's first two years in the league.

Pinkerton Security
10-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Not good. Thankful for Jax and then the Bye.

Topas
10-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Was it the horse collar or the pass to the QB. That looked more like it.

feldspar
10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Dumb as all-get-out to trade Cassel like we did. Said that from the start. He'll probably be starting for Dallas in their next game already. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but I would see him as our best option at this point. We're talking about backup QBs. Now we're pretty much doomed to lose games if EJ gets hurt, maybe even if he doesn't get hurt. But, like my old pal YardRat just said, it's about to get interesting. Let's see what EJ can do in this tough spot...a real test for this kid. Could be that he surprises. Hope so, if these reports are true about Tyrod.

Only a matter of time before these so-called running QBs get hurt, and the powers-that-be should know this; therefore, they should have planned accordingly. How many running QBs do we have on the team now?

Personally, I'd prefer Cassel in this spot over EJ, and certainly over Josh Johnson if it ever came to that...and it might.

By the way, Josh Johnson is Marshawn Lynch's cousin.

Ed
10-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Did anyone see EJ's handoff last week? He looked like Montana out there, I'm pumped.
Hey for what it's worth I believe Karlos Williams best run, the long TD against Miami, came from an EJ hand-off. He might just be our best hander offer.

Bummer for Tyrod, but considering we have the Jags and a bye after Cincy, I think the timing could have been worse. I was pretty encouraged by the way EJ played in the preseason and I'm sure he's pumped for the opportunity. Maybe he plays well and the Bills can trade him for a higher draft pick. Who knows, it could end up working out well for the Bills.

Ed
10-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Was it the horse collar or the pass to the QB. That looked more like it.
It was probably both. He was clearly in a lot of pain and limping after the horse collar, and then he took a hard shot to the same leg on that pass play.

The Jokeman
10-13-2015, 12:45 PM

I love the "could" which means no knowledge if he will or not. Can't reporters do some digging before speculating what could or could not happen.

Ed
10-13-2015, 12:48 PM
I love the "could" which means no knowledge if he will or not. Can't reporters do some digging before speculating what could or could not happen.
Well it's not like he can report definitively that he will or won't miss multiple games. No one knows how Tyrod is going to feel next week.

Night Train
10-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Dumb as all-get-out to trade Cassel like we did. Said that from the start. He'll probably be starting for Dallas in their next game already. I'm not a big Cassel fan, but I would see him as our best option at this point. We're talking about backup QBs. Now we're pretty much doomed to lose games if EJ gets hurt, maybe even if he doesn't get hurt. But, like my old pal YardRat just said, it's about to get interesting. Let's see what EJ can do in this tough spot...a real test for this kid. Could be that he surprises. Hope so, if these reports are true about Tyrod.

Only a matter of time before these so-called running QBs get hurt, and the powers-that-be should know this; therefore, they should have planned accordingly. How many running QBs do we have on the team now?

Personally, I'd prefer Cassel in this spot over EJ, and certainly over Josh Johnson if it ever came to that...and it might.

By the way, Josh Johnson is Marshawn Lynch's cousin.

Not me. Cassel has cement feet and was deserving of his waiver status. Just because he's starting for Dallas now as their 3rd option makes no impression on me at all. His throws were terrible and he's incredibly easy to defense. Injuries are killing us but he's no savior.

Not a Manuel fan but he looked tons better than Matt Waiver.

Joe Fo Sho
10-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Hey for what it's worth I believe Karlos Williams best run, the long TD against Miami, came from an EJ hand-off. He might just be our best hander offer.

I don't care what they say about the kid, he can hand that ball to anyone in the game right now.

snow1989
10-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Hopefully this will finally quell the argument of....Tyrod or EJ. We need both games, but will be lucky to go 1-1 until the bye. Cassell? No thanks....he wouldnt have accomplished anything behind our porous line. Teams will be blitz heavy if he starts in Dallas, but they have a better line.....but I still dont look for Dallas to win with him under center

casdhf
10-13-2015, 01:00 PM
That was not a horse collar tackle.

Joe Fo Sho
10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Hopefully this will finally quell the argument of....Tyrod or EJ.

I'm hoping for exactly the opposite.

EDS
10-13-2015, 01:33 PM
I am going to be a negative nancy here and say, this sucks.

Novacane
10-13-2015, 01:39 PM
This is EJ's big chance. I hope he shines! I don't want to hear anymore excuses if he doesn't!

Meathead
10-13-2015, 01:49 PM
omg who could possibly have seen this coming. ok all of us. now lets hope ejs spectacular preseason was the emergence of warren moon and not gary marangi

jimmifli
10-13-2015, 02:05 PM
I thought EJ out played Rod in the preseaon, not by much, and maybe his opposition wasn't as strong, but I thought he played pretty well.

I thought Matt was going to be our starter, but he was quickly in 3rd place and stayed there. Let's hope EJ's August wasn't a mirage.

stuckincincy
10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
I thought EJ out played Rod in the preseaon, not by much, and maybe his opposition wasn't as strong, but I thought he played pretty well.

I thought Matt was going to be our starter, but he was quickly in 3rd place and stayed there. Let's hope EJ's August wasn't a mirage.
Such an odd thing about Cassel. They brought him as a possible starter, or an "insurance policy", and then chucked him after a few games as Taylor looked decent. A $$$ decision, I supppose, but this is the same franchise that showered Fitz and then Orton with cash.

Go figure.

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2015, 02:21 PM
OK EJ, now is your time. If not now, then never. No pressure though.

paladin warrior
10-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Hopefully he be okay and play at the London vs Jax

sudzy
10-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Well at least people will have 5 full days to come up with new excuses on why EJ sucks.

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Why don't you just support the back-up and hope for the best?

sudzy
10-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Do you go through life with blinders on and "hope for the best?"

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2015, 02:44 PM
No... I hope for the worst and live miserably.

stuckincincy
10-13-2015, 02:47 PM

Given their history, hoping is probably the best avenue...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Buffalo_Bills_starting_quarterbacks

What a screwy management train.. .:;:

djjimkelly
10-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Do you go through life with blinders on and "hope for the best?"

most of us have a certain amount of control in our lives

none of us have any control over the bills......................... so why not hope

Scumbag College
10-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Tyrod "hurt pretty bad" as per Carucci source.

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/653975202838282240

sudzy
10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I am hoping for the best.... I'm hoping Tyrod can play.

Buddo
10-13-2015, 03:25 PM
No 'official' announcement yet, but lots of places reporting it as pretty much certain that Taylor is out.

As such, I think you also have to assume he'll be out for the London game also, as I doubt it makes any sense at all for him to make the flight while trying to rehab.

Good point about EJ wanting to perhaps stick it to Marrone though, earlier. ;)

Mr. Cynical
10-13-2015, 03:31 PM
so it looks like 3-4 into the bye week....only hope is that watkins, tyrod and mccoy are back to make the second half run. If they can, then realistically I'm thinking 9-7 looking at the wild card bubble.

Turf
10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Having no backup for EJ was freakin stupid by letting Cassell go for no immediate gain. Whaley trades away a future #1 to win now, then covets a late round draft choice two years later while jeopardizing the present. Just dumb. Simms didn't even want to come back, he's staying on Atlanta's practice squad. If EJ goes down, which he has a propensity to do, we have a QB that doesn't even know the playbook, let alone what we know about his arm.

trapezeus
10-13-2015, 04:01 PM
having cassel would be having no back up for EJ as well. He's a dink and dunker and htis line can't help a guy like cassel.

EJ needs to answer the bell. it's his time again. and he's had a full NFL season sitting on the bench. I realize he probably learned nothing under marrone/hackett. but i think roman can utilize him. And the fact EJ is on the road, makes it less stressful. no home boo birds.

he occassionally plays ball and he occassionally is a trainwreck. but i can't see how he can be worse than two straight games were we can't pick up a first down until late than the 2nd quarter.

YardRat
10-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Cinci is a home game for us.

trapezeus
10-13-2015, 04:07 PM
oops. for some reason i thought it was in cincy.

Well crap...now EJ hsa to look good early. which he rarely has ever done.

swiper
10-13-2015, 04:17 PM

Well I only had to endure that little experiment for 5 games. Now get ready for the power ***** QB.

swiper
10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
This is EJ's big chance. I hope he shines! I don't want to hear anymore excuses if he doesn't!

ROFLMAO at people getting excited over Manuel.

swiper
10-13-2015, 04:24 PM

Because he sucks.

Mace
10-13-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't care what they say about the kid, he can hand that ball to anyone in the game right now.

You're on top of your game today.

Luisito23
10-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Because he sucks.

LOL, and so does Taylor.

Meathead
10-13-2015, 05:11 PM
<< totally looking forward to seeing how far ej has really progressed

<< totally ready to deny ever saying that

BillsFanCupp38
10-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Been saying this since preseason. Everyone knew with this kids playing style that he was going to get hurt and yet we first cut Matt Cassle and then we traded him away after investing the time in him. How did everyone see this coming except this coaching staff? Not sure bout y'all but I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable with Cassle this weekend than Manuel.

Mahdi
10-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Good news - Cincinnati pass rush isn't stellar and run D is not good.

Bad news - our OL is weak and EJ isn't Tyrod. I hope EJ is ready to be mobile in the pocket

Meathead
10-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Not sure bout y'all but I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable with Cassle this weekend than Manuel.

nah man cassel is modestly stanky garbage. id rather have fitz or suckchez or mcnowbody or gump worsley at qb than cassel. id much rather give ej his shot than have matt reminding me how painfully mediocre he is

swiper
10-13-2015, 06:22 PM
nah man cassel is modestly stanky garbage. id rather have fitz or suckchez or mcnowbody or gump worsley at qb than cassel. id much rather give ej his shot than have matt reminding me how painfully mediocre he is

Matt Cassel to start next Cowboys game (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/report-matt-cassel-to-start-next-cowboys-game/)

MikeInRoch
10-13-2015, 06:26 PM
That was not a horse collar tackle.

According to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Been saying this since preseason. Everyone knew with this kids playing style that he was going to get hurt and yet we first cut Matt Cassle and then we traded him away after investing the time in him. How did everyone see this coming except this coaching staff? Not sure bout y'all but I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable with Cassle this weekend than Manuel.

The way the line has been playing? I'll take Manuel.

Joe Fo Sho
10-13-2015, 07:26 PM
You're on top of your game today.

I do what I can.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2015, 09:00 PM
EJ has sucked so far as a Bill
He had the best preseason out of all the Bills QBs.
Maybe he is better, maybe he still sucks.
I'm hoping he is so good that Tyrod doesn't see the field again.

swiper
10-14-2015, 04:18 AM
EJ has sucked so far as a Bill
He had the best preseason out of all the Bills QBs.
Maybe he is better, maybe he still sucks.

Preseason: Vanilla defenses, no game planning, playing against 2nd or 3rd stringers. Yeah.

Ingtar33
10-14-2015, 09:23 AM

I've had one of those. It makes it awkward but not impossible to run and play football. For a mobile quarterback it will be pretty limiting, but again, it's not impossible to play on one. Depends on how badly it's sprained; a light sprain anyone could gut out, a serious one however might make it impossible to walk without crutches for weeks.

Yasgur's Farm
10-14-2015, 10:02 AM
It's all about the swelling.

Albany,n.y.
10-14-2015, 10:07 AM
I'm hoping Brady's wife comes to my door naked and wants to run away with me and take their millions of $ with us.

Just as likely to happen.

sudzy
10-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Matt Cassel to start next Cowboys game (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/report-matt-cassel-to-start-next-cowboys-game/)

If Cassel shines and EJ has a bad game, it's not going to be a tough week for Whaley.

Bill Cody
10-14-2015, 03:21 PM
If Cassel shines and EJ has a bad game, it's not going to be a tough week for Whaley.

It's not unlikely. I watched some of the Boys/Pats game. Weeden makes Trent Edwards look like a mad bomber. He had LOTS of time to throw the ball, he just has a super slow release and is happy to take the 2 yard pass. That Cowboys line could make a pretty immobile back up QB like Cassel look pretty good. Weeden is bad. And EJ is going to see pressure, he has to play smart and get the ball out. We'll see.

EDS
10-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Good news - Cincinnati pass rush isn't stellar and run D is not good.

Bad news - our OL is weak and EJ isn't Tyrod. I hope EJ is ready to be mobile in the pocket

Actually, Cincinnati's front 7 has been pretty good so far this season - they already have about as many sacks as they did a season ago.

Mahdi
10-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Actually, Cincinnati's front 7 has been pretty good so far this season - they already have about as many sacks as they did a season ago.

Ya didn't realize they had improved as much as they did at getting after the QB. If its EJ he will have to be clean with his drops and pocket mobility. I noticed he clearly improved that part of his game in preseason. You could see his drops were quick and compact and with purpose.

Good coaching makes a difference.

djjimkelly
10-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Preseason: Vanilla defenses, no game planning, playing against 2nd or 3rd stringers. Yeah.

and lets be realistic besides a couple 1 on 1 bombs and a couple runs tyrod has sucked too

Skooby
10-16-2015, 10:53 AM
No idea why anyone would want anyone but TT starting, crazy to think differently.

swiper
10-16-2015, 05:18 PM
It's all about the swelling.

We're not talking about the palm of your right hand here.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2015, 07:55 PM
No idea why anyone would want anyone but TT starting, crazy to think differently.

Maybe because if he's as good as you believe he is. Then why would you want to chance him getting hurt worse and being done for an entire season. Very near sighted of you. Personally, I think he is backup quality.

Mace
10-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Back in my day we played with no legs, these modern overpriced athletes need to man up. Or maybe back in my day we played with one leg, I think I posted that before and people will get cranky with me. But my bottom line is that all a QB needs is an arm and a big heart if not a big heart oversized by congestive failure, which would be unhealthy and not conducive to strenuous athletics.

Anyway, they need to all man up and harm themselves like we used to, and other people did too because they're getting paid better.

Why I remember a time I was forced to replace my own MCL with some pigskin knotted together, except it made me snuffle and root when my leg could sense stuff to snuffle and root at every couple feet. Taylor will be fine if he didn't knot the wrong thing into a ligament and Manuel will be even better if he still has all of his ligaments.

Or they'll snuffle and root every couple feet, that blows. I've been there.