PDA

View Full Version : Warning Signs

The King
09-16-2016, 03:04 PM
They've been everywhere.

100M Player Publicly Quits on the Coach
Drafting Lawson (his replacement), claiming he was ready to go (despite reports)... then sending him for surgery to likely miss one half of the season.
Karlos showing up over weight
Dareus no showing a drug test
Dareus goes to rehab/nightclub
Keeping Gronk - Cutting Felton and re-signing him a week later only to cut Gronk.
Firing the OC in Week 2

This team is massively unstable. We've been bad, we've had less talent, but we have never been this much of a disaster. The Rex regime has taken a 9-7 team and literally stripped it of any dignity. I don't possibly see how this can get better.

jills
09-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Just clean house at the end of the season, we need a real HC & GM.

Btw love your avatar.

bleve
09-16-2016, 03:11 PM
The warning signs were last January when it was announced there would be no changes, and Russ was selling us on "consistency".

sukie
09-16-2016, 03:12 PM
2,3,and 4 Not a Bills issue.... individual issues.

As far as the Gronk Felton thing... wasn't that to sign Felton for less?

Skooby
09-16-2016, 03:16 PM
I warned you guys of this train wreck, it's going to get much much worse. Draft Day 2017 will be a good time.

The King
09-16-2016, 03:32 PM
2,3,and 4 Not a Bills issue.... individual issues.

As far as the Gronk Felton thing... wasn't that to sign Felton for less?

I disagree. The Bills came right out after the Shaq pick and said he's fine, good to go. After mini-camp they changed their tune. ESPN reported the shoulder the minute we selected him.
Karlos and Dareus are personal things sure, but IMO this has just as much to do with respect.

YardRat
09-16-2016, 04:34 PM
The biggest warning sign was 'Bills hire Wrecks Wryan as head coach' after the '14 season.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-16-2016, 04:38 PM
I warned you guys of this train wreck, it's going to get much much worse. Draft Day 2017 will be a good time.

I seriously don't know how this can get worse. Other than the physical destruction of the franchise itself

coastal
09-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Sorry... you're all missing the boat.

the biggest warning sign was when Russ Brandon was being mentioned in the same breath as ownership.

DraftBoy
09-17-2016, 08:48 AM
You forgot that Rex hired his failed brother to come in and form Team Slappy.

gebobs
09-19-2016, 10:26 AM
There are more signs to come too...I think Sammy Watkins is going to sleepwalk through the rest of his contract and move on in 2018.

This team hasn't hit rock bottom yet. I really have no idea what can be done to right it. We have three quarterbacks and the best of them is a backup at best. The other two are worthless. At this point in the season, we are clearly the worst team in the league. Even Cleveland doesn't look this bad. Heck, I'd take Josh McCown over Taylor in a heartbeat and not even care that he's got a foot in the retirement home.

There is no chance in hell the Bills exercise their option on Taylor next year. He's history.

kishoph
09-19-2016, 11:56 AM
The biggest warning sign was 'Bills hire Wrecks Wryan as head coach' after the '14 season.

If that wasn't a big enough warning sign, this definitely should of been one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/ryans.jpg

Jeff1220
09-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Why not bring in Tom Coughlin to whip this sad bunch into shape?

bf1
09-21-2016, 02:53 PM
I think my pessimism hit a new low, which I didn't think was possible. I used to get angry. I think my coping mechanism is kinda quitting on them. I mentally threw in the towel.

bf1
09-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Warning sign for me was to look at what Pegula did for the Sabres. While most were excited, I had major concerns.

cookie G
09-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Warning signs came a lot earlier than what's being posted.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4YX6-tDqkdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw this elsewhere...its from January 2013

Forget who the messenger is and ask yourself....

How much of it is true today?

The blame shifting;
letting others take the hit for his mistakes;
the meddling into player selection and then blaming the GM;
the bragging about the talent of the roster preseason and complaining about the talent later on;
etc and right down the line.

You only need to listen to 5-6 minutes to get the gist of it.

The biggest failure was the "brain trust", in becoming enamored with his interviewing skills..and no one bothering to take a look at how dysfunctional the Jets were when he left...and how they got where they were. Due diligence was sorely lacking.

I can only go by public statements, but the one thing I've been missing is the stuff (not said recently), about Rex being a "stand up guy" and a "straight shooter".

I don't see it. I see a bad politician every time he gets in front of a mic.

swiper
09-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Just clean house at the end of the season, we need a real HC & GM.

But start looking now.

swiper
09-21-2016, 07:08 PM
Warning signs came a lot earlier than what's being posted.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4YX6-tDqkdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I saw this elsewhere...its from January 2013

Forget who the messenger is and ask yourself....

How much of it is true today?

The blame shifting;
letting others take the hit for his mistakes;
the meddling into player selection and then blaming the GM;
the bragging about the talent of the roster preseason and complaining about the talent later on;
etc and right down the line.

You only need to listen to 5-6 minutes to get the gist of it.

The biggest failure was the "brain trust", in becoming enamored with his interviewing skills..and no one bothering to take a look at how dysfunctional the Jets were when he left...and how they got where they were. Due diligence was sorely lacking.

I can only go by public statements, but the one thing I've been missing is the stuff (not said recently), about Rex being a "stand up guy" and a "straight shooter".

I don't see it. I see a bad politician every time he gets in front of a mic.

Mike Francesa is personal friends with Mike Tannenbaum. (For the record).

Francesa is the big talking head in NYC sports radio.

I heard this the day it was broadcast. @ 5:08: "It's amazing that Rex is still breathing as a head coach." He's doing the exact same stuff in Buffalo that drove the Jet fans crazy. It's accentuated by his brother being here. Ryan is a complete nightmare.
Dick Jauron lasted 4 years in Buffalo. Ryan's going to barely last two.

Mace
09-21-2016, 07:16 PM
He just went off on Ryan again after a caller asked "what's going on in Buffalo ?". He laughs a lot eventually.

https://twitter.com/RNs_Funhouse/status/778035933224374272/video/1

Mace
09-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Warning sign for me was to look at what Pegula did for the Sabres. While most were excited, I had major concerns.

Same 6 year plan too it seems.

Goobylal
09-21-2016, 07:52 PM

Why, because they're going to shut down Sammy?

As for the team, it was suspected that the defense would struggle without Dareus (his fault, not the team's) for the first few games and because people thought the LB's would suck (they're actually a strength). The secondary sucked against the Jets, but Fitz was in the zone and the Jets have an excellent stable of receivers (that Enuwa is going to terrorize the Bills for years, and I told my son to pick him up in fantasy) and he was just tossing them up or having them fake to go deep and then coming back, which are tough to defend. Wait for Dareus to get back and things improve on defense immensely.

On offense, I'm willing to give Lynn a shot before I declare the season over. And if Sammy is out, the rest of the team needs to up their game.

ublinkwescore
09-25-2016, 01:50 AM
This is the worst defense I have seen by the bills in a very long time...