PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Lawson on schedule to practice Week 7

Ed
09-27-2016, 05:52 PM
According to Doug Whaley, the Bills medical staff believes Lawson will be ready to practice as soon as he's eligible. That would be after the Bills host the 49ers in week 6. It doesn't mean he'll play right away, but it sounds like his rehab and everything is going well. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually play until after the bye week, but we should see him on the field this year for the second half of the season.

“He’s on schedule,” said Whaley. “We just had a meeting yesterday so after the six weeks if there are no setbacks he’ll be able to start practicing and we’ll see where it goes after that. But everything we’ve heard from the medical staff is that he’s ready and raring to go.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Shaq-Lawson-on-schedule-to-practice-Week-7/a3ddd913-d9df-4483-9827-8465f2331ced

YardRat
09-27-2016, 05:58 PM
That's good news...would like to see what we have in him for a few games this season but I wouldn't bring him back until he's 100% or damn close.

Mace
09-27-2016, 08:32 PM
That's good news...would like to see what we have in him for a few games this season but I wouldn't bring him back until he's 100% or damn close.

Yeah, bringing him back too soon seems too typically Billsy.

Goobylal
09-27-2016, 08:51 PM
So much for him missing the season. Or even half of it.

OpIv37
09-27-2016, 09:14 PM
Lots of if's here BUT-

If we can beat the Patriots, we should be better with Henderson and Dareus back, and our next 3 games are relatively easy. The 3 games after that are brutal. If we can go 2-1 then pull off 1 upset in the brutal NE/Sea/Cincy stretch, we'd be 4-4 at Thanksgiving. Not great odds but it's our only shot at playoffs.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-28-2016, 06:06 AM
Lots of if's here BUT-

If we can beat the Patriots, we should be better with Henderson and Dareus back, and our next 3 games are relatively easy. The 3 games after that are brutal. If we can go 2-1 then pull off 1 upset in the brutal NE/Sea/Cincy stretch, we'd be 4-4 at Thanksgiving. Not great odds but it's our only shot at playoffs.

To quote jim Mora senior. .bah! Playoffs?!?!'

The Jokeman
09-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Lots of if's here BUT-

Let's just focus on beating the Patriots first.

Saratoga Slim
09-28-2016, 07:14 AM
I have a weird feeling about this season. There is such an utter lack of confidence and hope in the fan base that I think it just might be the year that we somehow wander our way into the playoffs. Which of course succeeds in saving Rex's job until we go 7-9 again next year.

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2016, 07:34 AM
Let's just focus on beating the Patriots first.

Yes, it's very important that the fan base takes it one game at a time so as not to get ahead of themselves.

trapezeus
09-28-2016, 07:57 AM
whaley got it right with Lawson the first time and told us he didn't need surgery. let's wait and see where he is come week 7. it will depend on how in jeopardy rex's job is. for his surgery and the rehab required, to regain his strength to 100%, he should come back next year. there is no way he should be playing this season. if he does, we'll see a largely ineffective pass rusher and a guy who is going to be run on.

The Jokeman
09-29-2016, 07:17 AM
whaley got it right with Lawson the first time and told us he didn't need surgery. let's wait and see where he is come week 7. it will depend on how in jeopardy rex's job is. for his surgery and the rehab required, to regain his strength to 100%, he should come back next year. there is no way he should be playing this season. if he does, we'll see a largely ineffective pass rusher and a guy who is going to be run on.

With way Alexander has played Lawson might just be a situational pass rusher this season.

justasportsfan
09-29-2016, 08:08 AM
Lots of if's here BUT-

Mods, we have a hacked account

HHURRICANE
09-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Lawson will not see the field anytime soon. His agent is not going to let him re-injure his shoulder. Especially on a team that isn't going to the playoffs.

feldspar
09-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Lawson will not see the field anytime soon. His agent is not going to let him re-injure his shoulder. Especially on a team that isn't going to the playoffs.

Since when does somebody's agent have any say on whether a player plays or not?

If the doctors clear him, he'll play.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Since when does somebody's agent have any say on whether a player plays or not?

If the doctors clear him, he'll play.

But then the thread that he started awhile ago will make him look bad..

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/233767-Shaq-Lawson-update?highlight=

I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November.

Kind of disappointed to say the least.

justasportsfan
09-29-2016, 12:35 PM

you wish just so you can say you were right.

Goobylal
09-29-2016, 03:19 PM

LOL!

G
09-29-2016, 03:26 PM
it's shaq lawson's fate to deal with non stop injuries. that’s what happens when your mom names you after that chubby guy from all the icy hot commercials :)

Goobylal
09-29-2016, 07:12 PM
You seriously need to have a talk with your sources, HH. Sounds like they played you.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2016, 09:10 PM
You guys are right he'll play soon!!

Can't wait to see him next month!

I don't know these agents in Atlanta at all.

Kind of like the Darrus signing I got flamed on....until....he signed exactly to the hour I said he would.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2016, 09:13 PM
And for the record I love Lawson. I'm a Clemson parent so it's not like I have a vested interest in not wanting him on the field ASAP.

But believe what you want.

Ed
09-29-2016, 10:39 PM

Kind of like the Darrus signing I got flamed on....until....he signed exactly to the hour I said he would.
Lawson isn't even eligible to begin practicing for another month. Who said he's going to play soon? Seriously, who are you talking to?

Goobylal
09-30-2016, 03:25 PM

Getting contract info from them is something entirely different. Attempting to hold him out when he's been cleared by the doctors and the Bills aren't even close to being out of the playoff hunt (they stand a very real chance of being 3-3 after game 6) won't fly.

Lawson isn't even eligible to begin practicing for another month. Who said he's going to play soon? Seriously, who are you talking to?

As per the PUP list rules, he's eligible to being practicing after game 6, which is in 2-1/2 weeks.

Mace
09-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Getting contract info from them is something entirely different. Attempting to hold him out when he's been cleared by the doctors and the Bills aren't even close to being out of the playoff hunt (they stand a very real chance of being 3-3 after game 6) won't fly.

As per the PUP list rules, he's eligible to being practicing after game 6, which is in 2-1/2 weeks.

I sure hope Lawson's desire to play isn't stronger than his common sense in getting 2nd opinions with this medical staff we have.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 06:58 PM
I sure hope Lawson's desire to play isn't stronger than his common sense in getting 2nd opinions with this medical staff we have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bUIXyD82hA

Mace
09-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Pretty much the last I'll say to you Spiked unless you're dumb enough to enter the next insult contest you'll flee from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 07:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BOUMjAPixw

Goobylal
09-30-2016, 07:16 PM

My bad. I should have said his surgeon would clear him to play.

Mace
09-30-2016, 07:27 PM
My bad. I should have said his surgeon would clear him to play.

I want to see him out there as much as anyone does, but I'm kind of worried more for him than the team by now. Lawson was my dream 1st rounder I thought we had no chance to get in our spot. Just doesn't seem like this will end well.

Goobylal
09-30-2016, 07:47 PM
I want to see him out there as much as anyone does, but I'm kind of worried more for him than the team by now. Lawson was my dream 1st rounder I thought we had no chance to get in our spot. Just doesn't seem like this will end well.

If he's got no pain anymore and the surgeon (who has every reason not to rush him back too quickly) says he's good to go, then there's no reason to hold him back. They'll start him off slowly and increase his workload as tolerated.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 07:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdLP46VG9h8

Mace
09-30-2016, 08:01 PM
If he's got no pain anymore and the surgeon (who has every reason not to rush him back too quickly) says he's good to go, then there's no reason to hold him back. They'll start him off slowly and increase his workload as tolerated.

Same thing sort of applies to Watkins though.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 08:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDSxST9PuI

Goobylal
09-30-2016, 08:22 PM

Different types of injury. Sammy's was an injury known to linger if it wasn't given enough time to heal. I was not surprised when I heard he was still having pain and that he's going on IR.

Mace
09-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Different types of injury. Sammy's was an injury known to linger if it wasn't given enough time to heal. I was not surprised when I heard he was still having pain and that he's going on IR.

Granted, but same theory. Any injury can linger or get worse if not given enough time to heal, and football is a pretty unforgiving contact sport.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Granted, but same theory. Any injury can linger or get worse if not given enough time to heal, and football is a pretty unforgiving contact sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbV5FBuMioI

Goobylal
09-30-2016, 08:34 PM

True. But we won't know until he gets back out there.

Mace
09-30-2016, 08:37 PM
True. But we won't know until he gets back out there.

True.

Had to post something so Veruca, hitting the spirits with gusto, can whine some more.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 08:41 PM
True.

Had to post something so Veruca, hitting the spirits with gusto, can whine some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2crb0iFXro

Mace
09-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Ok, I'll go !

Wait, no I won't because I'm working !

Next video.

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Ok, I'll go !

Wait, no I won't because I'm working !

Next video.

Slaves do NOT call it work. They call it slavery...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DUIWbZ5KQ

Mace
09-30-2016, 10:55 PM
Boohoo, Veruca didn't get her way. Weep weep, cry cry. Whine some more while you still have booze left ?

SpikedLemonade
09-30-2016, 11:24 PM
Boohoo, Veruca didn't get her way. Weep weep, cry cry. Whine some more while you still have booze left ?

Don't cry too much Mace...your Master may beat you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvfofcIE1Q

sudzy
10-01-2016, 05:31 AM
Oh, the lives of the rich and oppressed.

Goobylal
10-02-2016, 08:57 PM
The Bills are 2-2 and have 3 winnable games coming up. If they go even 4-3 and Lawson's doctor clears him, his agent(s) can't say **** about him not returning to play this year.

Mace
10-02-2016, 09:01 PM
The Bills are 2-2 and have 3 winnable games coming up. If they go even 4-3 and Lawson's doctor clears him, his agent(s) can't say **** about him not returning to play this year.

Might even be a better argument for not hurrying him back though as well. San Diego isn't hurrying Bosa and that's a hamstring. See what happens.

Goobylal
10-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Might even be a better argument for not hurrying him back though as well. San Diego isn't hurrying Bosa and that's a hamstring. See what happens.

I'm not advocating hurrying him back. Again if his doctor clears him, he should be good to go. If he has pain or mobility issues, then they should shut him down.

Mace
10-02-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm not advocating hurrying him back. Again if his doctor clears him, he should be good to go. If he has pain or mobility issues, then they should shut him down.

I know. I'm just escared about Shaq.

sudzy
10-03-2016, 04:35 AM
See we're we are at. This win goes a long way in not have to rush Shaq back.

Goobylal
10-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Rex said today that they expect Lawson back for game 7. Obviously he won't start.

Goobylal
10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Rex said today that they expect Lawson back for game 7. Obviously he won't start.

Let me amend the above. Lawson is expected back during week 7, When he plays remains to be seen. But I'd bet after the bye.

Goobylal
10-03-2016, 08:22 PM
But it could be game 7. Stay tuned.

Mace
10-03-2016, 08:49 PM
But it could be game 7. Stay tuned.

I can't say anything. Part of the reason I'm escared for Lawson is that I'm having a woeful season as a fan. I usually go about 70/30 right vs. wrong but virtually everything I've said this season has been wrong. Ryan's defense is solved, Taylor will get hurt in the 1st 4 games, Shady is washed up, Felton is useless and wee Gronkowski will be a steal, was stupid firing Roman, O-line will be terrible, Listenbee will be all over the place, O'Leary will get cut, Gay will be back again, can't beat the Cardinals, can't beat the Pats at Gillette, Lynn was a dumb promotion, Wildcat Lee will be a disaster as a passing game influence, Ragland will be awesome this year, and Blanton will turn into Jim Leonhard after Aaron Williams goes down early.

I was right about Zach Brown and Douzable being value pickups but that pales in comparison with my terrible other assertions.

If I say Shaq will be fine, he'll get hurt, rushed back too soon.

If I say he needs more time to heal, he's healthy as he'll ever be.

So I'm just going to say, ok.

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I can't say anything. Part of the reason I'm escared for Lawson is that I'm having a woeful season as a fan. I usually go about 70/30 right vs. wrong but virtually everything I've said this season has been wrong. Ryan's defense is solved, Taylor will get hurt in the 1st 4 games, Shady is washed up, Felton is useless and wee Gronkowski will be a steal, was stupid firing Roman, O-line will be terrible, Listenbee will be all over the place, O'Leary will get cut, Gay will be back again, can't beat the Cardinals, can't beat the Pats at Gillette, Lynn was a dumb promotion, Wildcat Lee will be a disaster as a passing game influence, Ragland will be awesome this year, and Blanton will turn into Jim Leonhard after Aaron Williams goes down early.

I was right about Zach Brown and Douzable being value pickups but that pales in comparison with my terrible other assertions.

If I say Shaq will be fine, he'll get hurt, rushed back too soon.

If I say he needs more time to heal, he's healthy as he'll ever be.

So I'm just going to say, ok.

Somehow you should be able to turn this into a killing at Vegas.
Personally, I think you should say there's absolutely no way in hell the Bills go to the Super bowl this year and no way they win it, absolutely certain.
But naturally, the sports gods know what you really think, whatever it is, and the minute you put a bet down in Vegas, things would go the other way just to screw with you.
Ah, it's a malevolent universe, it is. Just look at the Pats*** and Dan Brown novels selling millions, the wicked thrive . . .

Mace
10-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Somehow you should be able to turn this into a killing at Vegas.
Personally, I think you should say there's absolutely no way in hell the Bills go to the Super bowl this year and no way they win it, absolutely certain.
But naturally, the sports gods know what you really think, whatever it is, and the minute you put a bet down in Vegas, things would go the other way just to screw with you.
Ah, it's a malevolent universe, it is. Just look at the Pats*** and Dan Brown novels selling millions, the wicked thrive . . .

YES ! I can see you truly understand. No way to tell when it changes either. I gnash my teeth in rage at the cruel Fates.

justasportsfan
10-09-2016, 07:19 PM
We dont need him for now
Dont rush him back.

Goobylal
10-09-2016, 08:23 PM
We dont need him for now
Dont rush him back.

They won't. He'll return to the practice field a week from tomorrow and they'll evaluate him before putting him in a game.

Goobylal
10-14-2016, 09:10 AM
So HH, what do your agent buddies in Atlanta have to say about Rex saying Shaq will be back next week? They can't use the "they're out of the playoffs" excuse since they'll likely be 4-2 after this weekend.

Goobylal
10-15-2016, 12:07 AM
And I'm not trying to make fun of you. Just wondering.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2016, 05:31 PM
So HH, what do your agent buddies in Atlanta have to say about Rex saying Shaq will be back next week? They can't use the "they're out of the playoffs" excuse since they'll likely be 4-2 after this weekend.

Truthfully I haven't had time to get an update but I'm sticking with what I was originally told.

I don't see him seeing the field and if he does it will be well after the bye.

It's a 6 month minimum recovery.

Goobylal
10-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Truthfully I haven't had time to get an update but I'm sticking with what I was originally told.

I don't see him seeing the field and if he does it will be well after the bye.

It's a 6 month minimum recovery.

Just to clarify, the playing field or the practice field?