PDA

View Full Version : The QB situation...

OpIv37
11-18-2016, 10:59 AM
This is exactly what I was afraid would happen: Taylor has played just OK.

He isn't bad enough to warrant cutting, but he isn't good enough to justify $27.5 million next year.

Plus, if we do cut him, who do we get to replace him? We are looking at a middle of the pack draft pick in a draft that isn't QB heavy. The FA/trade market is slim,with Romo likely to be the only one available who could be a legit starter (and for the record, I don't want Romo anywhere near this team).

So what do we do from here?

stuckincincy
11-18-2016, 11:23 AM

He isn't bad enough to warrant cutting, but he isn't good enough to justify $27.5 million next year.

Plus, if we do cut him, who do we get to replace him? We are looking at a middle of the pack draft pick in a draft that isn't QB heavy. The FA/trade market is slim,with Romo likely to be the only one available who could be a legit starter (and for the record, I don't want Romo anywhere near this team).

Perhaps consider some sort of offer for CIN's A.J. McCarron? He had a decent run last year when Dalton went down. His rookie contract with CIN ends after next season. :tip:

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
I think Taylor can play his way into or out of this conversation over the next two months obviously. As it stands, I would say we should keep him but still picking a QB to develop alongside Jones.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 12:09 PM
AKA the worst case scenario.

I'd cut him. We screwed ourselves with that contract just like I thought we would.

If we keep Rex and Whaley, I think we keep Tyrod too.

Ed
11-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Just to be clear, if the Bills pick up his option, Tyrod would have cap hits of $15.9 mil in 2017 and $16.9 mil in 2018. That would still put him in the bottom half of the league for QB pay and QB salaries are only going to go up. Unless there is someone specific in mind that can be brought in that is clearly better than Tyrod, the Bills are likely going to pick up his option. It doesn't mean they can't still draft another QB and continue to develop Cardale Jones, but Tyrod is likely going to be the Bills QB for 2017 and 2018. If after 2018 they decide he's not the answer the Bills can cut him without taking on a lot of dead cap space. Cutting him after this season just to go back to square one doesn't make a lot of sense.

feldspar
11-18-2016, 12:37 PM

What's the REAL number?

I don't really understand Taylor's contract. Seems like there are a lot of ins-and-outs to it. Spotrac says that there is around a $16 million cap hit next year for Taylor. It also says that the dead cap figure is always less than $3 million, and goes down from there year-to-year.

Anybody have the low-down about the details? No way the contract is set up for the Bills to be actually PAYING him $27.5 million next year if they elect to keep him. That's not the real number, from what I understand.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2016, 12:39 PM
The cycle continues. We will draft a mediocre QB in the 3rd round, everyone has their hopes up, QB controversy and piss off Tyrod and he pouts and poisons the locker room, so we have no choice but to cut him and start the new guy and he turns out to be another Trent Edwards after 2 seasons, and we'll be having this very conversation again in 3 years.

Cardale Jones in the meantime gets lost in the shuffle, some lucky team like Pittsburgh or New England will pick him up out of the scrap heap and he'll turn into the next Cam ****** Newton and taunt us for the next 15 years.

That's how Buffalo rolls.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2016, 12:44 PM
What's the REAL number?

I don't really understand Taylor's contract. Seems like there are a lot of ins-and-outs to it. Spotrac says that there is around a $16 million cap hit next year for Taylor. It also says that the dead cap figure is always less than $3 million, and goes down from there year-to-year.

Anybody have the low-down about the details? No way the contract is set up for the Bills to be actually PAYING him $27.5 million next year if they elect to keep him. That's not the real number, from what I understand.

His salary for next year is 12m with a 15.5m option bonus. So if they pick him up for next year, that's what he gets paid.

He also gets paid for 2018 if they pick up his 2017 contract, as that also becomes guaranteed. I think that's 13m

feldspar
11-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Just to be clear, if the Bills pick up his option, Tyrod would have cap hits of $15.9 mil in 2017 and $16.9 mil in 2018. That would still put him in the bottom half of the league for QB pay and QB salaries are only going to go up. Unless there is someone specific in mind that can be brought in that is clearly better than Tyrod, the Bills are likely going to pick up his option. It doesn't mean they can't still draft another QB and continue to develop Cardale Jones, but Tyrod is likely going to be the Bills QB for 2017 and 2018. If after 2018 they decide he's not the answer the Bills can cut him without taking on a lot of dead cap space. Cutting him after this season just to go back to square one doesn't make a lot of sense.

Thanks for posting this WHILE I was asking the question. LOL.

I still don't know what that $27.5 figure actually means, though. I've heard that figure in relation to Taylor many times before.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Cutting him after this season just to go back to square one doesn't make a lot of sense.
It does if you think we can't win with him.

OpIv37
11-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks for posting this WHILE I was asking the question. LOL.

I still don't know what that $27.5 figure actually means, though. I've heard that figure in relation to Taylor many times before.
I think the $27.5 mil is what he actually gets but his cap figure is closer to $15 mil.

I'm not sure though. This is by far the most complex contract I can remember.

Thurmal
11-18-2016, 12:51 PM
The problem with Taylor is that, if they're down by more than one score in the second half, the game is essentially over. He is a game manager who is sometimes fun to watch, but not a guy that's gonna pull you out of a jam with his arm. With a good defense and running game, you can win with him, I guess. That, in my opinion, really isn't the definition of an elite QB, which is what he will be paid like if he stays.

Figster
11-18-2016, 12:51 PM
The cycle continues. We will draft a mediocre QB in the 3rd round, everyone has their hopes up, QB controversy and piss off Tyrod and he pouts and poisons the locker room, so we have no choice but to cut him and start the new guy and he turns out to be another Trent Edwards after 2 seasons, and we'll be having this very conversation again in 3 years.

Cardale Jones in the meantime gets lost in the shuffle, some lucky team like Pittsburgh or New England will pick him up out of the scrap heap and he'll turn into the next Cam ****** Newton and taunt us for the next 15 years.

That's how Buffalo rolls.
Circling the Wagons in a never ending loop of madness,

next stop the BILLSZONE...

OpIv37
11-18-2016, 12:52 PM

If he's getting $27.5 million in real dollars and counts nearly $16 million against the cap and it's obvious that he's not the guy, it makes sense.

It's a tough call cuz you don't want to cut a guy before he's had a real shot, but in the past, this team has held out on players too long and missed opportunities to get better guys because of it. We don't want to keep repeating that mistake

feldspar
11-18-2016, 12:53 PM
His salary for next year is 12m with a 15.5m option bonus. So if they pick him up for next year, that's what he gets paid.

He also gets paid for 2018 if they pick up his 2017 contract, as that also becomes guaranteed. I think that's 13m

Posted this WHILE I was asking the question...happened again...

But what exactly ARE the option bonuses? Still don't understand what this money is going towards. You can't give a player that kind of money without it going towards the cap somehow sooner or later.

What's the cap hit if we cut him this year? 10 mil.

From what you say, if we keep him next year, we'll pretty much have him the after too...

Mr. Pink
11-18-2016, 01:06 PM

But what exactly ARE the option bonuses? Still don't understand what this money is going towards. You can't give a player that kind of money ($12 million) without it going towards the cap somehow.

From what you say, if we keep him next year, we'll pretty much have him the after too...

From looking at sportrac, he would have a dead cap number of 2.8m next year. And also his 2018 contract becomes guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year, 2017. Which is the same day his 2017 contract would become guaranteed. Unless they're wrong on their info.

I, too, am confused as to how he's gonna be paid 27.5m next year if he's here and only count for 15.9 on the cap.

The 15.5m is a bonus if the Bills exercise his option, nothing more, nothing less.

Ed
11-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Picking up the option means that Tyrod gets a $15.5 mil bonus and his $12 mil base salary for 2017 becomes fully guaranteed. That's where the $27.5 mil comes from. The $15.5 mil gets prorated over the life of the contract, so it counts about $3.1 mil per year through 2021.

casdhf
11-18-2016, 01:16 PM
He has played well without our best WR. I think he is a keeper.

feldspar
11-18-2016, 01:21 PM
Picking up the option means that Tyrod gets a $15.5 mil bonus and his $12 mil base salary for 2017 becomes fully guaranteed. That's where the $27.5 mil comes from. The $15.5 mil gets prorated over the life of the contract, so it counts about $3.1 mil per year through 2021.

If so, it sounds like we'd have to eat the rest of $15.5 million in dead cap space if we were to cut him some time after next year? Minus $3.1 million every year until he he cut, and that's when we eat the remainder?

Dunno. It's confusing.

sukie
11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Cut and run. Why worry about alternatives... Alternatives present themselves when needed. It's not like we would fall out of a high playoff seed if TT wasn't there.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 01:27 PM
From looking at sportrac, he would have a dead cap number of 2.8m next year. And also his 2018 contract becomes guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year, 2017. Which is the same day his 2017 contract would become guaranteed. Unless they're wrong on their info.

I, too, am confused as to how he's gonna be paid 27.5m next year if he's here and only count for 15.9 on the cap.

The 15.5m is a bonus if the Bills exercise his option, nothing more, nothing less.
What's odd to me is that the $15.5MM guaranteed option is spread out over 5 years, yet those numbers are not accounted for in the dead cap from 2017 and beyond.

I believe his dead cap numbers to be...

2017 - $18.35 MM
2018 - $14.44 MM
2019 - $10.66 MM
2020 - $6.88 MM
2021 - $3.1 MM

feldspar
11-18-2016, 01:33 PM
What's odd to me is that the $15.5MM guaranteed option is spread out over 5 years, yet those numbers are not accounted for in the dead cap from 2017 and beyond.

2017 - $18.35 MM
2018 - $14.44 MM
2019 - $10.66 MM
2020 - $6.88 MM
2021 - $3.1 MM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I just alluded to.

Sportrac maybe didn't account for the numbers because Taylor has not been picked up for next year yet?

BTW, Spotrac was created and run by a guy from Western New York, I heard John Murphy say.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I just alluded to.
Maybe stop posting while I'm typing! Now I know how you feel..

Sportrac maybe didn't account for the numbers because Taylor has not been picked up for next year yet?
That's a good point, but it's hard sayin' not knowin'.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2016, 01:41 PM

2017 - $18.35 MM
2018 - $14.44 MM
2019 - $10.66 MM
2020 - $6.88 MM
2021 - $3.1 MM

Oddly none of that matches up with what sportrac even says.

Based on all of this conflicting info, I say we just cut him to avoid all of this nonsense altogether :rofl:

Ed
11-18-2016, 02:16 PM
Here's a breakdown of Taylor's contract year by year from overthecap.com. These numbers assume that his option gets picked up. Dead cap numbers also change depending on if he's designated as a post-June 1 cut or not.

http://overthecap.com/player/tyrod-taylor/1407/

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Oddly none of that matches up with what sportrac even says.

Based on all of this conflicting info, I say we just cut him to avoid all of this nonsense altogether :rofl:
I guess we could evaluate him based solely on of his football skills. I don't know, it sounds a little ridiculous to me.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Here's a breakdown of Taylor's contract year by year from overthecap.com. These numbers assume that his option gets picked up. Dead cap numbers also change depending on if he's designated as a post-June 1 cut or not.

http://overthecap.com/player/tyrod-taylor/1407/
That seems to match what I said, so it must be right.

Yasgur's Farm
11-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Use the $27.5M plus the 2018 salary and chase Kirk Cousins.

Bill Cody
11-18-2016, 03:00 PM
If you Google "8-8 QB" a picture of TT pops up

- - - Updated - - -

Use the $27.5M plus the 2018 salary and chase Kirk Cousins.

If you Google "7-9 QB" a picture of Kirk Cousins pops up

Bill Cody
11-18-2016, 03:51 PM
I guess we could evaluate him based solely on of his football skills. I don't know, it sounds a little ridiculous to me.

No doubt it sounds ridiculous to the Bills also

Mr. Pink
11-18-2016, 03:52 PM

If we did that, I wouldn't have given him that idiotic contract to begin with.

Lone Stranger
11-18-2016, 05:28 PM

I believe you are right on target.

Mace
11-18-2016, 05:55 PM
I don't like it, doesn't mean it changes anything though.

Rexwhaley wants a Tyrod type for their offensive philosophy. They have a Tyrod type and will keep him as their best chance to save themselves while maintaining their offensive philosophy. They don't want a pocket passer for a pass based offense they also don't want.

Buddo
11-19-2016, 03:50 AM

2017 - $18.35 MM
2018 - $14.44 MM
2019 - $10.66 MM
2020 - $6.88 MM
2021 - $3.1 MM
My guess would be that the option bonus portion, is only guaranteed each year he is on the roster. Somewhat like his salary is for next year, i.e. if he's on the roster 3 days after the new league year starts, his salary is guaranteed, and he gets his option bonus, that is also guaranteed. Looks like it might be quite a creative way of doing it. If he's here, he gets the extra, and it's guaranteed. If he's not, it doesn't factor in to the calculation.

I noticed that his 2018 salary of $13 million also becomes guaranteed if he gets the 2017 one, which means that the decision to be made, is a 2 year one.

The best we can hope for atm, is that we actually have the majority of the offense healthy around him, for as many of the remaining games as possible, so as to get the opportunity to see what he can do with a full armory.

I think labelling him as simply a game manager, is a bit misleading. He can be better than that. The difficulty is, in assessing how good he can be when it comes to being clutch. He simply hasn't shown that as of yet. Being 'clutch', is often the difference between success and failure, yet Taylor doesn't seem to be like Fitz so much, or a number of other mediocre QBs, who in attempting to be 'clutch', only end the game earlier, in the oppositions favour. Taylor just doesn't seem to be able to get the plays made to get over the line, but doesn't give it all away with the regularity of the previously mentioned.

swiper
11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

But what exactly ARE the option bonuses? Still don't understand what this money is going towards. You can't give a player that kind of money without it going towards the cap somehow sooner or later.

You're asking for details, but they don't matter too much. While I'd certainly give him the rest of the season before I made any decisions, Taylor certainly hasn't shown any sort of step-up in his game so far. He still can't hit the TE over the middle and he pulls out of the pocket and runs too fast (amongst other issues). While he's certainly better than JP Losman, Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel, he doesn't appear to be the answer. He's a back-up. Like Fitzparick always should be.

The fact that Fitzpatrick not only gets to start, but gets paid so much to do so, should underscore the problem with the dearth of pocket-passing QBs coming out of the NCAA. Those run and shoot QBs have such short shelf lives in the NFL that the league has to set up some sort of developmental program for potential QBs coming out of college where a team can take a guy, protect him, and teach him the pro game for 2 or 3 years before putting him on the active roster or the practice squad.

The NFL using the NCAA as their developmental league isn't working any more. The two leagues are going in divergent ways. And it has ruined the NFL for their most important position players.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2016, 07:16 AM
If you can get Romo for a 4th rounder you cut Tyrod and draft another QB in the 1st.

notacon
11-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Cutting Tylor would be stupid. Really stupid.

He's in the top 10 of QB's this year in actual performance (http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr).

swiper
11-19-2016, 07:22 AM
Cutting Tylor would be stupid. Really stupid.

He's in the top 10 of QB's this year in actual performance (http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr).

LOL. Shut up. That QBR is has long now been debunked as a made up stat.

Did ESPN patent it yet?

Just shut up with that stat. So stupid.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2016, 07:32 AM
LOL. Shut up. That QBR is has long now been debunked as a made up stat.

Did ESPN patent it yet?

Just shut up with that stat. So stupid.

25th Comp. %
28th Passing yards
28th YPA
21st TDs
31st YPG

swiper
11-19-2016, 07:32 AM
And you claiming claiming that Tyrod Taylor is a top 10 QB using it is all the proof you need for my point.

Maybe you should re-read this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/espns-qbr-stat-puts-tebow-ahead-of-rodgers/

pmoon6
11-19-2016, 08:11 AM
:rofl:.......Bills Fans.

They wanted Jim Kelly run out of town on a rail in 1989.

Then they wanted Frank Reich to start instead of him when he had a couple of poor games.

Forgive me if I don't take the collective wisdom of "Bills Fans" when it comes to anything. Especially on this board.

You have proven to be so dumb and so butthurt that you need a transplant for both brain AND your heart.

swiper
11-19-2016, 08:43 AM
And you only need to pull your brain and your heart out of your ass.

pmoon6
11-19-2016, 01:20 PM
And you only need to pull your brain and your heart out of your ass.Stalking me again, Sawbones?

Don't you have a few patients to misdiagnose?

swiper
11-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Stalking me again, Sawbones?

Don't you have a few patients to misdiagnose?

You suffer from Sparticus disease. That is thinking I give a rat's ass about you is a big mistake.

pmoon6
11-19-2016, 02:57 PM
You suffer from Sparticus disease. That is thinking I give a rat's ass about you is a big mistake.:rofl: You suffer from East Coast Elitist Disease. You think your opinion is Gospel and that the world revolves around you.

Arrogant, egotistical douchebag.

swiper
11-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Arrogant, egotistical douchebag.

Wow. So self descriptive on your part. Like a meadow of gold.

pmoon6
11-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Wow. So self descriptive on your part. Like a meadow of gold."I know you are, but what am I"? I expected so much more from an intellectual giant.

However, you saved the post with the second bit.

jamze132
11-19-2016, 07:36 PM
There realistically aren't any other options than Tyrod Taylor at this point so we have no choice but to ride with him until a new regime can install a new system.

X-Era
11-20-2016, 09:22 AM

Stay the course and add additional talent around him and we will be just fine.

His cap hit next year will be 15 mill which is very reasonable for a starting QB.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/8/16/12505676/full-tyrod-taylor-annual-contract-breakdowns

Cousins has a 19.9 mill cap hit this year, Osweiler has a 19 mill cap hit next year... We're getting a good deal.

HHURRICANE
11-20-2016, 09:39 AM
High caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

Unless we draft one nothing is changing.

Taylor is the best option as of now.

swiper
11-20-2016, 10:30 AM
High caliber QBs don't grow on trees.

Unless we draft one nothing is changing.

I guarantee you there is at least one carrying a clipboard somewhere today in an NFL uniform.

mdcas22
11-20-2016, 11:51 AM

<section id="module-position-PguA2lZTCa8" class="storytopbar-bucket story-headline-module story-story-headline-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: normal;">Breaking down Bills QB Tyrod Taylor's 5-year, $90 million deal

</section><section id="module-position-PguA2lZQMvs" class="storytopbar-bucket story-byline-module story-story-byline-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: normal;">http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/648091674b8019460ed763ebc96d16c465eebef1/c=0-0-140-140&r=1024x1024&r=26&c=26x26/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/05/16//1400243133000-pelissero2.png Tom Pelissero (http://www.usatoday.com/staff/4045/tom-pelissero/), USA TODAY Sports6:57 p.m. EDT August 12, 2016
</section><section id="module-position-PguA2lYGTZc" class="storytopbar-bucket piano-module story-piano-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: normal;"></section><section id="module-position-PguA2lYUvWI" class="storytopbar-bucket google-survey-module story-google-survey-module" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; white-space: normal;"></section><section id="module-position-PguA2ldHrAg" class="storymetadata-bucket expandable-photo-module story-expandable-photo-module" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"><aside itemprop="associatedMedia" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" class="single-photo expandable-collapsed" style="margin-bottom: 20px; position: relative; z-index: 100;">http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/fc579cab15bd88bd18e46b0ee8847426a1243f69/c=171-258-2086-2811&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2016/08/12/USATODAY/USATODAY/636066245110337614-SW-pg14-Tyrod-Taylor-0909.jpg
(Photo: Andrew Weber, USA TODAY Sports)
</aside></section>

Strip away the big numbers on <culink class="culinks" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Tyrod Taylor" title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; cursor: help; z-index: 9000; border-bottom-style: dashed !important; display: inline !important; float: none !important; padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(182, 20, 0) !important; background: inherit !important;">Tyrod Taylor</culink>’s new contract with the Buffalo Bills, and here’s the rub:
The Buffalo Bills are paying an extra $7.5 million now for the ability to dictate the future of their 27-year-old quarterback, avoiding a franchise-tag scenario or bidding war next March if Taylor proves to be the “special talent” coach <culink class="culinks" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Rex Ryan" title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; cursor: help; z-index: 9000; border-bottom-style: dashed !important; display: inline !important; float: none !important; padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(182, 20, 0) !important; background: inherit !important;">Rex Ryan</culink> predicts.
Taylor’s extension is for five years and $90 million in “new money,” with another $20 million available in incentives and escalators, according to contract details obtained by USA TODAY Sports. But right now, the Bills are on the hook for just $9.5 million — the $2 million Taylor was due in the last year of his old contract, plus the $7.5 million raise.
It’s a unique tradeoff in a unique situation. Taylor, who made his first 14 NFL starts last season, gets a not insignificant short-term bump and a contract that ties for 15th among quarterbacks in new-money average. If he plays well, the Bills have the deal in place that carries Taylor through his prime. If he doesn’t — and/or if the people who did this deal get fired — it’s an easy out.

ADVERTISING

The trigger: a $15.5 million team option next year. If the Bills exercise the option, Taylor would make an additional $12 million in base salary next year for a total of $27.5 million total in 2017, all guaranteed for injury only at signing.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9065941e142eb769bb76794c742e08d1e14ee558/r=300/http/www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/4aaac48dad4c8dbceeec14b3a4cb246ef65138cd/c=35-0-4395-2463&r=x1683&c=3200x1680/local/-/media/2015/08/01/Rochester/Rochester/635740351040770758-JG-080115-Bills-4.jpg

USA TODAYBuffalo Bills' Tyrod Taylor signs contract extension
(http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/08/12/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-signs-contract-extension/88621916/)

That’d be a two-year take of $37 million — exactly the same amount as <culink class="culinks" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Brock Osweiler" title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; cursor: help; z-index: 9000; border-bottom-style: dashed !important; display: inline !important; float: none !important; padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(182, 20, 0) !important; background: inherit !important;">Brock Osweiler</culink> will make over the first two years of the four-year, $72 million deal he signed in March with the <culink class="culinks" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Houston Texans" title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; cursor: help; z-index: 9000; border-bottom-style: dashed !important; display: inline !important; float: none !important; padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(182, 20, 0) !important; background: inherit !important;">Houston Texans</culink>, except Osweiler actually hit the market and the full amount was guaranteed at signing.
If Taylor’s option is exercised, $40.25 million would be fully guaranteed and $50 million for injury (including the $9.5 million he would already have made). Taylor’s $13 million base salary for 2018 would become fully guaranteed in March of that year, and the guarantees end there.
For now, the only guarantee is Taylor makes $9.5 million this year, and it’s up to the Bills — and Taylor’s play — to determine whether h

TacklingDummy
11-20-2016, 12:05 PM
All day to throw and checks down.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 01:08 PM

We may to keep him, bur fire then entire coachonf staff and fond a REAL coach wirh an offensive background.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Tyrod blows.

Ingtar33
11-20-2016, 03:02 PM

The problem is even if he takes in the big paycheck next year, he'll still only be the 13th highest paid QB in the league. Which is about where he deserves to be paid anyway. Pay him or not, someone else will give him that much $$ anyway. And anyone you get (who is not a rookie) who is AS good or BETTER will cost you a heck of a lot more.

YardRat
11-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Tyrod continues to regress. Getting more and more skittish about throwing downfield, and when he does it's horribly inaccurate.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Tyrod continues to regress. Getting more and more skittish about throwing downfield, and when he does it's horribly inaccurate.

He just isnt a qb. Hes a runningback that can throw.

Night Train
11-20-2016, 07:31 PM
The key to me was the drive at the end that could have run out the clock. 3rd and 2. Harvin runs a perfect down and out after 4 yards and Taylor sails the ball out of reach. He could have shuffled the ball to him, he was so close.

I'm not forgetting we have C. Jones inactive and learning. Another with size should be drafted. I'd rather see someone deliver accurate strikes from the pocket.

Taylor is a transition QB, holding the fort for the next QB. His 2 year job is now complete. Buy him out and move on in 2017.

justasportsfan
11-20-2016, 07:59 PM
His 2 year job is now complete. Buy him out and move on in 2017.

I dont think they need to buy him out. They just opt out. (?)

As soon as were mathematically out, Id like to see C Jones.

Mace
11-20-2016, 08:15 PM
There realistically aren't any other options than Tyrod Taylor at this point so we have no choice but to ride with him until a new regime can install a new system.

This is the whole point. This regime is married to this concept of offense and this concept of QB, and you aren't going to find a better version of Taylor than Taylor without unacceptable (their perspective) maybes attached while Ryan is struggling to validate himself.

BillsFanCupp38
11-20-2016, 09:13 PM
Tyrod is not the guy. Need to go for broke for either cousins or romo

WagonCircler
11-20-2016, 10:19 PM

Which means that absolutely nothing is changing.

It's more clear than ever that mediocrity is perfectly acceptable to Bills fans and to the organization.

Mace
11-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Which means that absolutely nothing is changing.

It's more clear than ever that mediocrity is perfectly acceptable to Bills fans and to the organization.

I don't think it's acceptable to fans, it grates on everyone. You might mean in supporting them, but how don't you support a team you love ?

Yeah, nothing is changing. Maybe you're right. This point in my life though, I don't want to pretend I don't love the franchise. It's not acceptable but I can't stop hoping maybe next game, maybe next year. And then one day I'm dead. Won't be rooting for any other team though or divorcing this one, unfortunately. Just can't do it.

WagonCircler
11-21-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't want to pretend I don't love the franchise. It's not acceptable but I can't stop hoping maybe next game, maybe next year. And then one day I'm dead. Won't be rooting for any other team though or divorcing this one, unfortunately. Just can't do it.

Mace, it's like being an old married couple. One of you snores, so you sleep in different beds. You have separate circles of friends. Separate hobbies.

You still love the old broad, but, as BB King said, the thrill is gone.

So you go to the bar with your buddies and have a few beers, and you ogle the 25 year old babe pouring the beers, and you think of days gone by when you had a shot at girls who looked like her, knowing full well that you'll never get near a 25 year old again without risking arrest.

And you realize that, until that one day that you're dead (that you mentioned) you're on the outside looking in.

Long suffering Cubs fans got a rare reprieve. Their team did it right. They hired a genius to run things.

We have Doug ****ing Whaley and Russ ****ing Brandon. We won't be so lucky.

swiper
11-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Mace, it's like being an old married couple. One of you snores, so you sleep in different beds. You have separate circles of friends. Separate hobbies.

You still love the old broad, but, as BB King said, the thrill is gone.

So you go to the bar with your buddies and have a few beers, and you ogle the 25 year old babe pouring the beers, and you think of days gone by when you had a shot at girls who looked like her, knowing full well that you'll never get near a 25 year old again without risking arrest.

And you realize that, until that one day that you're dead (that you mentioned) you're on the outside looking in.

Long suffering Cubs fans got a rare reprieve. Their team did it right. They hired a genius to run things.

We have Doug ****ing Whaley and Russ ****ing Brandon. We won't be so lucky.

Sorry but the crap rolls uphill past those two. Pegula looks like a miserable failure.

Go get a Ron Wolf type guy and make this thing work. Somebody who understands it starts and ends with a franchise QB.

Just look at what the Giants have done with Eli Manning. He's as dumb as a bag of doughnuts, but properly guided he can usually do the job.

WagonCircler
11-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Sorry but the crap rolls uphill past those two. Pegula looks like a miserable failure..

Can't fire him.

And Eli is not as dumb as you think he is.