PDA

View Full Version : Now is the Time to Announce Peterman as the Starter for Week 7 @ Home v The Titans

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 06:30 AM
The Coach will lose the locker room if he does NOT make a move of hope rather than continuing to push the string with TT.

We all know what TT is now -- he will NOT get better.

Use the two weeks to get Peterman ready to start after the bye week at home against The Titans and then a very beatable Raiders team here in Buffalo who will be starting EJ Manual.

Now is the time for leadership.

Let's see what we have in Peterman so we know what to do for the 2018 Draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYKH2uSax8U

Historian
10-09-2017, 07:05 AM
We don't play the Titans.

Ginger Vitis
10-09-2017, 07:27 AM
lol

BillsFanCupp38
10-09-2017, 07:55 AM
This just awkward and weird :/

kingJofNYC
10-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Someone spiked your lemonade.

The Beef
10-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Week 7 of next year?

sahlensguy
10-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Dear God, please make Peterman the starter well before we play the Titans.

Thank you
SG

jamze132
10-09-2017, 09:35 AM
It wouldn't matter who the Qb is since the only healthy guys on the entire roster who can catch the ball play defense.

Albany,n.y.
10-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Peterman hasn't played a down yet & I'm already sick of the guy because his fan-boys think we got the next Tom Brady in the 5th round of the draft. At this point I can't wait for him to get cut when we finally get a decent QB or 2 on the roster. Remember, we were hearing the same nonsense about Cardale Jones last year whenever Tyrod had a bad game.

HAMMER
10-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Spiked Failed.

Bill Cody
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Peterman hasn't played a down yet & I'm already sick of the guy because his fan-boys think we got the next Tom Brady in the 5th round of the draft. At this point I can't wait for him to get cut when we finally get a decent QB or 2 on the roster. Remember, we were hearing the same nonsense about Cardale Jones last year whenever Tyrod had a bad game.

First off I don't think Jones had more than a couple supporters on this board. Secondly why the attitude? Even if Peterman is a long shot so what? You're actively rooting against him? That's stupid. I'd like to see what he has because he might surprise. That should be every Bills fans hope. So some guys get carried away, desperation will do that, cut them some slack.

justasportsfan
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM
There's more than enough time for our players to get healthy before we face Malarkey...maybe he'll still be their coach when we do face them. We should should start game planning now though.

ublinkwescore
10-09-2017, 10:47 AM
The Coach will lose the locker room if he does NOT make a move of hope rather than continuing to push the string with TT.

Use the two weeks to get Peterman ready to start after the bye week at home against The Titans and then a very beatable Raiders team here in Buffalo who will be starting EJ Manual.

Take me to your dealer.

Pennywise
10-09-2017, 11:12 AM
No disrespect, OP, but that is one of the most ridiculous ideas I’be ever read.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Never going to happen. Even though it should.

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 12:28 PM
We don't play the Titans.

Sorry Tampa Bay.

We should just delete this thread since that was the whole point of it.................................................................................................NOT!

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 12:32 PM
I want to thank each and every one of you who completely addressed the real theme of this thread by pointing out that we don't play the Tennessee Titans in Week 7 but rather the Tampa Bay Buccaneers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GVV7L66xh4

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 12:47 PM

WTF?

I just want to see what we have in Peterman.

We know what TT is.

If you don't know what TT is by now, can I suggest you watch the Bills games with the TV NOT on mute and with your eyes open rather than closed.

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 12:52 PM
No disrespect, OP, but that is one of the most ridiculous ideas I’be ever read.

You love TT?

Thanks.

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Never going to happen. Even though it should.

Why?

kishoph
10-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Your arguement is always Peterman's a 5th round pick. If what round a player was selected in automatically destined how good he would be, wouldn't Peterman be a better choice than Taylor who went in the 6th round ?

OpIv37
10-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I want to thank each and every one of you who completely addressed the real theme of this thread by pointing out that we don't play the Tennessee Titans in Week 7 but rather the Tampa Bay Buccaneers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GVV7L66xh4
Seriously, people. Besides, everything South of the Mason-Dixon Line and east of the Mississippi is basically the same anyway.

kgun12
10-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Do you have proof that the "coach will lose this team" if he doesn't make the change?

We are 3-2, how do you pull the veteran for the 5th round rookie? As long as we are in the playoff picture TT is the starter. Either deal with this fact and enjoy what this team is doing (which most of us didn't expect) or be miserable.

sahlensguy
10-09-2017, 01:17 PM

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Do you have proof that the "coach will lose this team" if he doesn't make the change?

We are 3-2, how do you pull the veteran for the 5th round rookie? As long as we are in the playoff picture TT is the starter. Either deal with this fact and enjoy what this team is doing (which most of us didn't expect) or be miserable.

Do you have proof of the opposite?

What a crap of an education system you Americans have if that is the level of debate.

Albany,n.y.
10-09-2017, 02:13 PM
WTF?

I just want to see what we have in Peterman.

We know what TT is.

If you don't know what TT is by now, can I suggest you watch the Bills games with the TV NOT on mute and with your eyes open rather than closed.

I know what we've got in Taylor-I call him a wheel spinner because as long as he's QB, we're spinning our wheels. I also know that the coaching staff sees Peterman in practice every day as do the remainder of the players. When a guy is consistently outperforming the starting QB in practice, players start leaking to the press they want a change.

So, let's do the math. The coaches aren't making a change-they see both guys every day. The players are not grumbling that they need to change QBs.

There's a pretty good chance that instead of spinning our wheels, Peterman will make the wheels fall off. You have no evidence that Peterman is ready to play in the NFL other than his play against a lot of guys in preseason who are no longer on NFL rosters. The guys who see him every day do not feel Peterman would be an improvement on Taylor. Considering Tyrod has us stuck in the mud, that alone is a pretty good indictment on Peterman's (lack of) readiness to start.

Let's resign ourselves to reality. The Bills will not have a chance to get better at QB until the offseason. Hoping some rookie who fell to the 5th round because of his limitations and hasn't played a real NFL down is the savior is pretty far fetched.

Mace
10-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Why?

Just imho, crap OL + no WR's = omg, no 5th round learning rookie.

kgun12
10-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Do you have proof of the opposite?

What a crap of an education system you Americans have if that is the level of debate.

Typical argument when you don't have one. The burden is on you to prove the point you are trying to make. I did make an start a thread that I have no proof of and can't defend without it, but nice try. lol!!!

The Natrix
10-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Just imho, crap OL + no WR's = omg, no 5th round learning rookie.

Maybe a quicker release will make the WRs and OL look better.

Night Train
10-09-2017, 04:31 PM
I heard he may start when the St. Louis Cardinals come to town.

YardRat
10-09-2017, 04:33 PM
They won't make that move until Taylor starts losing the locker room.

kgun12
10-09-2017, 04:41 PM
They won't make that move until Taylor starts losing the locker room.

So who's going to lose the locker room first, the coach or TT, that is the question?

YardRat
10-09-2017, 04:55 PM
So who's going to lose the locker room first, the coach or TT, that is the question?

McDermott is strengthening his bond...Taylor's is tenuous.

Mace
10-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Maybe a quicker release will make the WRs and OL look better.

Sure it would, but that is developed via experience in reads against pro defenses, time to learn reads is developed behind pass protection, and you still need to have receivers there when the ball arrives. For that matter, a better running game makes it all look better too.

Peterman, while showing promise, is still a 5th round rookie without pro game experience, I don't want to see him get it behind an OL with basically 2 pro looking linemen, a struggling running game, and this receiving corps. I have hopes for the guy, but learning to drive in a car that's on fire isn't the way to go, imho. The time will come soon enough on its' own. This soon ? I don't think so.

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I know what we've got in Taylor-I call him a wheel spinner because as long as he's QB, we're spinning our wheels. I also know that the coaching staff sees Peterman in practice every day as do the remainder of the players. When a guy is consistently outperforming the starting QB in practice, players start leaking to the press they want a change.

So, let's do the math. The coaches aren't making a change-they see both guys every day. The players are not grumbling that they need to change QBs.

There's a pretty good chance that instead of spinning our wheels, Peterman will make the wheels fall off. You have no evidence that Peterman is ready to play in the NFL other than his play against a lot of guys in preseason who are no longer on NFL rosters. The guys who see him every day do not feel Peterman would be an improvement on Taylor. Considering Tyrod has us stuck in the mud, that alone is a pretty good indictment on Peterman's (lack of) readiness to start.

Let's resign ourselves to reality. The Bills will not have a chance to get better at QB until the offseason. Hoping some rookie who fell to the 5th round because of his limitations and hasn't played a real NFL down is the savior is pretty far fetched.

Truth.

However, should we NOT know what Peterman is?

swiper
10-09-2017, 06:19 PM

It's not that. It's that I'm sick of seeing the Bills struggle because of the inept play of Tyrod Taylor.

Pennywise
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Truth.

However, should we NOT know what Peterman is?

That ship has sailed.

Look, even if Peterman comes in and plays 10 games, and looks decent to good, ( and I see no way how with the group of wr's we have ) the number one need for this organization will remain the same heading into the off-season....

That being drafting a franchise QB.

It would be very Billsy to be fooled by a small number of games played.

YardRat
10-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Is Chicago risking 'ruining' Trubisky by starting him tonight?

Mace
10-09-2017, 07:16 PM

Their receivers have 37 receptions, ours have 24, statue Glennon has been sacked 8 times, the elusive, mobile Taylor 18, they're getting 4.6 yards per rush, we're getting 3.4. We're 3-2, second seed in the conference atm, they're 1-3.

Not sure it compares in terms of "desperate". Neither team is a legitimate contender, the Bears coach Fox has more to lose, carrying his 3rd year 10-26 record into the game.

SpikedLemonade
10-10-2017, 08:34 AM

Obviously.

I just don't get the resistance to change here.

ticatfan
10-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Most would know a loss was coming, they are not going to win everyone. He should learn not to force the ball after that one.

SpikedLemonade
10-10-2017, 03:05 PM
No announcement yet?

SpikedLemonade
10-11-2017, 06:28 AM
This is surprising.

DraftBoy
10-11-2017, 06:56 AM
This is surprising.

How is this surprising?

Forward_Lateral
10-11-2017, 10:03 AM
I am not a huge Tyrod fan. I don't think he's anything but a serviceable backup QB. That being said, you don't make a QB switch when your team is 3-2 and tied for first in the division and your QB has played more decent games than bad.

McDermott would be nuts to make a change, IMO.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Why?

He's a captain and the team is behind him for who knows whatever reason.

Albany,n.y.
10-11-2017, 01:00 PM
He's a captain and the team is behind him for who knows whatever reason.

They've seen Peterman in practice.

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2017, 07:53 AM
They've seen Peterman in practice.

AND?