PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Evacuate Sidelines!!!

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 10:56 PM
A foreign substance was sprayed into the air at the eagles bench, and they have all ran away from their sidelines!

They said there is a burning sensation in their chests.

lordofgun
09-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Stupid police...ROFL!

Michael82
09-16-2002, 11:02 PM
What morons! Why can't the police control their pepper spray? :D :lol:

venis2k1
09-16-2002, 11:06 PM
:phew:

Ð
09-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Have you got any bean dip & chips ?

DaleG
09-16-2002, 11:21 PM
me to

Fat Tony
09-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
What morons! Why can't the police control their pepper spray? :D :lol:

Don't blame the cops. Blame the childish imbecils that stand up all game long, blocking people's view, yelling F-YOU at a referee at the top of their lungs, flipping the bird... bound to piss off other drunk imbeciles.....It's not controling the spray- It's excersizing good judgement in public.

If people can just act civil while attending games instead of yelling profanities- I bring my wife to gamesand was embarassed. And I had plans on bringing my nieces and nephews ( ages 6-10) . I changed my mind. To many vulgar people around to ruin it.

If i were a cop, I ain't getting hurt breaking up a fight with drunks. Pepper spray was a bit much- I would have shot them our get them with an electric cattle prod.

Caustic spray in a crowd is not smart:chief:

Ð
09-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Back in the day, a good nightstick would have done the trick.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:18 AM
What about a net. Just ask all the non-offending fans to step aside and throw a net over the idiots.

Michael82
09-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
Don't blame the cops. Blame the childish imbecils that stand up all game long, blocking people's view, yelling F-YOU at a referee at the top of their lungs, flipping the bird... bound to piss off other drunk imbeciles.....It's not controling the spray- It's excersizing good judgement in public.

If people can just act civil while attending games instead of yelling profanities- I bring my wife to games and was embarassed. And I had plans on bringing my nieces and nephews ( ages 6-10) . I changed my mind. To many vulgar people around to ruin it.

I know this is directed at me and I am offended! BITE ME!!! I was upset and got really into it. I never usually do that but was pretty pissed. I'm sorry if your wife was offended but it's part of the game. I stood up because the seats were not great and I was trying to take some shots. If you have a problem with that, SUE ME! Also, if you were at an area where more drunks were hanging out, you would have heard worse. There is a family area if you don't want that stuff. GO there! Also, when I am around young kids, I won't do any of that stuff and I get disgusted when I see adults that do that stuff around the kids.

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-17-2002, 12:32 AM
What's so wrong with standing up at a game? I stand up at a game and occasionally swear when I get pissed off, I guess that makes me an obnoxious drunk? I guess that makes 60,000 of the 73,000 in the stadium drunk imbeciles.

What do you do when the crowd stand up, sit in you seat and ***** cause you can't see? There's an easy way to solve that...STAND UP!!!!!!!

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Maybe they should have a swearing section too. Personaly, nothing bothers me...except getting crap spilled on me.

People swear, what are you going to do...I guess if you want to go to the game with kids and you don't want them to hear certain words maybe you should have them wear headphones and they can listen to the play-by-play of the game or music.

Then again, I think filtering the languge on this site is silly, if an adult lets their kids go on the internet and doesn't want them to see certain words or images they should install a filter on the computer and monitor their kids when they are online.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 12:39 AM
"Don't blame the cops. Blame the childish imbecils that stand up all game long, blocking people's view, yelling F-YOU at a referee at the top of their lungs, flipping the bird... bound to piss off other drunk imbeciles.....It's not controling the spray- It's excersizing good judgement in public."

Why bother going to the games if you are going to sit there on your hands and not cheer. I get more pissed at the people that don't stand up and yell for their team.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Why bother going to the games if you are going to sit there on your hands and not cheer. I get more pissed at the people that don't stand up and yell for their team.

Someone who pays for a ticket should be allowed to do what they want...from taking a nap to swearing their ass off. I’d never tell someone else what they can or can't do at a game they paid to see.

Everyone lives life differently...we need more respect and tolerance in the world.

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Same here Thurmanator. If everyone acted like Tony then there would be no such thing as home field advantage.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 12:53 AM
I like to get the crowd going. If people don't want to cheer thats cool but I think they are wasting their money and would have a better time sitting in their living room. I don't like someone however who gets upset with people who like to get up and cheer for their team.

Ð
09-17-2002, 12:54 AM
I think they should have different sections where you can have your choice of beer spilled on you, i.e. section 123 would be Canadian Beer, section 124 could be German, section 125 American. They could also have vomiting & non-vomiting, chunks or no chunks, etc. etc. I also think they should have maitre d's who could take you to you seats & act snooty about it.

Hang on, I just described a Redskins Game :D

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-17-2002, 12:58 AM
I guess when we get pissed we should say "Oh fart, what in the world are them buttockses doing out there"

I've heard some people make more noise at church then they do at a game.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
And I had plans on bringing my nieces and nephews ( ages 6-10) . I changed my mind. To many vulgar people around to ruin it.

You know what home Bills games are like. At least 70% of the adults have been drinking alcohol and they all paid $50+ for a seat to watch a football game for 3 hours.

They're going to want to blow off steam from a week of work and whatever stresses are in their life.

I think it's a little unrealistic to expect 50,000 adults to mind their language in that situation.

Either clue the kids into the reality of the situation and prepare them for what the may experience or use that information as your reason for not taking them to it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 01:03 AM
Seriously PA.

Michael82
09-17-2002, 01:05 AM
EXACTLY guys! And I even lost my voice doing it. :D I was just adding to the 12th man and if someone has a problem with that...OH WELL! They shouldn't be at the game if they get annoyed from someone standing up or screaming at the top of their lungs....that's part of the game atmosphere!

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Right on brother!!!

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 01:11 AM
What about chronic flatulence during a game...?

Ð
09-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Just tee 'em high & let 'em fly is what I always say LOL :)

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug
Just tee 'em high & let 'em fly is what I always say LOL :)

You know what's funny...someone farted in the area I was during the Jets game and no one would own up to it. We all squinched up our noses and went "ewwwwww", and looked around, but no one wanted to take credit.

So we all pointed at the lone Jets fan and commenced beating the $h!t out of him and threw him over the railing down to the 100 section.

About two minutes later we smelled another fart...we all just looked at eachother and laughed cause we ran out of Jet's fans to blame.

Michael82
09-17-2002, 01:20 AM
I actually had this one older lady sitting two seats from me and she was with her kid. I think she got louder and more wild than me. Hell, even her little kid was screaming and yelling for the team! :up:

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 01:48 AM
There's a lot less rowdiness in the upper deck if that's what you want.

Michael82
09-17-2002, 01:57 AM
Yeah, LOG bailed out and left the lower level seats to go to the upper deck because he couldn't stand the heat! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile we all got a nice sun burn.

The_Philster
09-17-2002, 03:17 AM
I'm with THURM.....what's the sense in going to the game if you don't wanna be part of it? And you're not part of the game unless you're losing your voice.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 07:03 AM
There is no problem using your voice. Just have a little class and tone down the obscenities if there are kids around. I don't think that's too much to ask.

And if you are a big fat pansy, have some consideration for the people behind you.

I guess common courtesy is a thing of the past.

doug45
09-17-2002, 07:05 AM

Sorry but if you need to get drunk, use foul talk and stand up the entire game there is a problem. Why would anyone fan have a right to ruin the game for another.

A little drinking is fine but if you have to get sloppy drunk and abusive every game why go , you don't even know you are there. As far as foul language that is never good. There are many childeren there and if you have your wife there what kind of person are you if want that happening.

I guess all I am looking for is a little SPORTSMANSHIP from fellow fans. Jump up if something big is going on, but to stand up the entire game and block someone behind you , that's not good.

don137
09-17-2002, 07:28 AM
I thought someone had a bottle of WYS Hot sauce tailgating and the after affects were kicking in during the 4th quarter

doug45
09-17-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by don137
I thought someone had a bottle of WYS Hot sauce tailgating and the after affects were kicking in during the 4th quarter

That's a different thing!:D

Valerie
09-17-2002, 08:13 AM
I think you guys are missing the point. You DON'T pepper spray an entire crowd of innocent people to contain a few rowdy people. The cops should've gone in there and broke up the fight. Come on now, how many people were actually fighting? If I was one of the people who got pepper sprayed I'd sue the Prince George's County police department for being the dumbasses they showed themselves to be!

It also doesn't bode well for the Skins and their fans. Not only did they get man handled on the field, but their fans proved to be ignorant, obnoxious morons!

It was a great day for football. ;)

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 08:32 AM
So people can fight, spill beer on you, spit on you, punch you in the face?

If people would act like adults you wouldn't need pepper spray.

I've watched over a hundred live sporting events. I've been in college BB arenas where your ears bleed . You can make noise and rattle the oppostition without being a jerk to your neighbors.

Valerie
09-17-2002, 08:38 AM
But I think the point is, Dozer, you shouldn't USE pepper spray since it travels and there are more innocent people than trouble makers in an incident like that. I think it showed extremely poor judgment on the part of the PG County police department.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 08:39 AM
BTW- The NCAA prohibits the sale of alcohol at all Tournament games- And those joints get a 'rockin' louder than most events I go toin a close game- and that's with a 50% neutral crowd!

I had the pleasure of watching #1 Georgetown (With Mourning & Motumbo) almost lose it to the 64 seed Princeton in providence RI, Final score was 50-49. (Back in 88 or 89)

Most Noise I ever heard- my head was ringing for hours- Me and my buddies were almost deaf fo an hour after.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
But I think the point is, Dozer, you shouldn't USE pepper spray since it travels and there are more innocent people than trouble makers in an incident like that. I think it showed extremely poor judgment on the part of the PG County police department. I completely agree with you and Fat Tony, Jaded- Pepper spray is a poor choice in a crowd.

I favor the use of electric shock or stun guns.

But don't blame the cops for people who can't behave.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 08:51 AM
I like to get the crowd going. If people don't want to cheer thats cool but I think they are wasting their money and would have a better time sitting in their living room. I don't like someone however who gets upset with people who like to get up and cheer for their team. I'm with you Thurm- I was yellin and banging my seat making a ton of noise.

Buyt is it appropriate during a Time out in the Field to have a drunk sitting 2 rows behind you screaming

"Hey Ref! You Mother****er! **** You! I know you hear me ref! Yuo ****ing ***got! You blew the ****ing call! Eat **** you stupid ****! ****ing Zebra! I know you can hear me! "

And this goes on for 10 minutes non stop......

I Think there were 50 F Bombs, a couple sexual orientation jabs, a couple of female body parts (well just one body part- different descriptions)

Ð
09-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Damn Canadians :D

Valerie
09-17-2002, 08:58 AM
I blame the cops for being stupid and using extremely poor judgment. Trust me, those PG County cops are known for being stupid, so this isn't anything new. I just think that they should use better judgment when confronted with a situation like that. I really feel bad for all those people who got sprayed and who weren't a part of the problem.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 09:04 AM
Bad Judgement all around

doug45
09-17-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
But I think the point is, Dozer, you shouldn't USE pepper spray since it travels and there are more innocent people than trouble makers in an incident like that. I think it showed extremely poor judgment on the part of the PG County police department.

I agree that you do not do something that hurts people not involved. But they should throw these people out so the others can enjoy the game. In buffalo they do pretty good at stopping these things before they get out of hand. And I have never seen them use pepper spray on the crowd.

Valerie
09-17-2002, 09:24 AM
That's what I'm saying. The PG County cops are morons and if this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will. I've never been to a stadium where they pepper spray the crowd! That's just asinine! You take care of the problem before it gets out of control. :rolleyes:

timfromjersey
09-17-2002, 10:31 AM
Jaded, I doubt you would be able to sue if you we're one on the innocent spectators sprayed. When you voluntarily attend a sporting event in a crowed stadium, you abdicate certain personal rights. In effect, by buying a ticket, you acquiesce to being subject to crowd control measures. I'm not saying pepper spray is good judgement, mind you, just that you could'nt sue (theoretically that is, though anything is possible in the irrational world of Judicial activism)

Mike, that was a pretty vehement response to fat tony's post. Your not suffering from a guilty conscience are you...hmmmmmmmmm?

As far as fan behavior, paying 50 dollars or whatever is not an excuse to act like a social deviant or a crude barbarian. I'd swear that more people go to the professional sporting events to guzzle mass quantities of beer and act like morons. Apparently, they are too stupid to realize you can do that at home or your local watering hole FOR A LOT CHEAPER! These fools do not care about the sport and add nothing postive to the experience. They are just letting off steam from their frustration of having to act civilized during the remainder of the week. Reminds me of an episode from the old Star Trek. It must be the will of Landros. I'm sure the Roman citizens payed to see the Lions devour the Chritians back in Antiquity, doesn't make their behavior some of the most shining examples in humanities history.

Standing up after the play and yelling is ok, but to continue to stand during the next play, especially when the teams are near the goal line, is completely inconsiderate and unecessary. These people force me to stand to see the live play, making me feel guilty about the people behind me, who I usually tower over.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Funny, Fat Tony didn't give out a name or a seat number, or section. He could have been talking about anybody...

timfromjersey
09-17-2002, 10:48 AM
To continue.

The assho#%$ sitting next to me during the sept 8th Bills/Jets game was actually, continually, standing on his chair play after play and had annoyed me in various ways througout the game and ruined my first quarter and had I not been feeling dehydrated and a little sick during the game, I probably would have spent that night in a Buffalo jail for pummeling him.

Knowing the realities of the situation I would NEVER bring young children to a proffessional sporting event.

I am Positive that those who posted in this thread that it's ok to be a foul-mouth Lewd maniac at these game are undoubtably youngsters in thier teens or twenties as I have noticed these generations have absolutely no manners or concepts of social etiquet. This is why I fear for the future of this country and world.

Shiny Chicken
09-17-2002, 11:05 AM
I think I agree with the general sentiment here. There's nothing wrong with standing up, cheering for your team, loudly even... even a few choice obsenities at the right times are fine... but don't be a jacka$$.

Unfortunately, I've only been to one game... I loved it. But there were definitely some jerks around me. My mom had holes burned into her coat bythe guy behind her that wasn't watching hwere he put his cigarette, she herself was almost burned a couple times. There were a few drunks that were climbing over all the seats, including ours. I didn't have the problem of anyone standing in my way... but that's a jacka$$ thing to do too... nothing wrong with standing up for a few moments everyonce in awhile, or when the whole crowd is standing up, but if you're a big dude (and I'm not big widthwise, but I'm 6'2") don't stand up half the game when everyone else is still sitting so no one else can see what's going on... that's just rude.

Valerie
09-17-2002, 11:12 AM
I've been fortunate so far with all of the NFL games I've attended. I've always been in a good section and I haven't had any problems to speak of. Except at the Ravens game in Baltimore. Those idiot fans threw peanuts and cursed at me when I left my seat to get a drink. :rolleyes: Other than that, all of the stadiums I've been to have been fine, even the Redskins fans have been nice. :up:

Shiny Chicken
09-17-2002, 11:14 AM
That's cause you're a hottie, Jaded ;)

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Yes.... I can vouch for the skins fan... When Jaded and I went to the Redskins game, we were all ......

"OH MY GOD! MY EYES!!!THE BURNING!!!!! ARRRRGGGHH!!!!! CAN'T BREATHE!!!!"" *Choke* GAG *Choke*

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 11:19 AM
The one thing I have learned is that if you are going to take a child to a game, spend the big $$ and get the best seats. You are much less likely to be sitting around drunken riff raff in the expensive seats than in the cheap seats.

Valerie
09-17-2002, 11:29 AM
Even better than that, Earthquake, is to sit in the family section where there is no alcohol even sold. :up: My Dad and I sat there for the Eagles v Bills game a few years ago (when Doug was still with the team) and it was very nice and calm. Good bunch of people. :)

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 11:41 AM
The responses to this thread help me to understand why there are fights in the stands at football games. You've got 70,000 different ideas of how a football game should be enjoyed as a spectator. Everyone thinks they're acting appropriately and that the other person is a jerk. No one want's to tolerate anyone else's behaviour.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL
The responses to this thread help me to understand why there are fights in the stands at football games. You've got 70,000 different ideas of how a football game should be enjoyed as a spectator. Everyone thinks they're acting appropriately and that the other person is a jerk. No one want's to tolerate anyone else's behaviour. So in your view, "Tolerate" means no restrictions- no line to be crossed from acceptable behavior to non-acceptable behavior. Survival of the fittest....

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
So in your view, "Tolerate" means no restrictions- no line to be crossed from acceptable behavior to non-acceptable behavior. Survival of the fittest....

Um, no...I'd say the laws of the land still apply. Killing the guy next to you is still wrong, but if he wants to yell the "F" word 50,000 times over three hours, what do I care. After awhile it just gets kind of funny.

Thing is, I rarely drink and I rarely swear in public. I'm pretty friggin polite to most everyone...but I try to tolerate everyone else as much as possible. Like I said before, about the only things that'll get me upset is if someone’s in my seat and refuses to move or someone starts spilling crap on me. Other then that, I figure if you don't want to tolerate the behavior of 70,000 people you might as well stay home.

Valerie
09-17-2002, 12:11 PM
I think the problem is people resort to violence when irritated, which is wrong. While I don't like listening to people swear constantly, I'm certainly not going to deck someone because of it. :rolleyes: Fans talk smack back and forth all the time, throwing punches is crossing a line, IMO. At one of the Skins games I went to, I was talking smack with a few guys sitting next to me but everytime the Bills scored, they'd get up and high five me and, as much as I hate to admit this, I'd high five them when the Skins scored. It was all in good fun. :) I think some people get out of control and take things to the next level. But, it's the job of the stadium security to make sure things don't escalate to the next level. The security at Fed Ex Field did a piss poor job controlling the fans.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 12:16 PM
When you read this thread, you can tell who has kids, and who does not. When you are young, getting drunk and screaming out a few f bombs may be fun, but for the guy with an 8 year old kid that wants to see a game, it really blows.

Common courtesy is not so common any more.

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 12:18 PM
I don't have kids yet, but when I bring my 1 week old kid to the Dolphins game, I'd better not hear one swear word! :D

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
When you read this thread, you can tell who has kids, and who does not. When you are young, getting drunk and screaming out a few f bombs may be fun, but for the guy with an 8 year old kid that wants to see a game, it really blows.

Common courtesy is not so common any more.

You're right about the kid’s thing. I don't have kids, but if I did and I wanted to take them to a Bills game, I'd explain to him/her/them that they are going to hear certain words that society has deemed inappropriate in most public circumstances. Words that I wouldn’t want them repeating in public because of their considered inappropriateness and more importantly they're words that allot of people use to compensate for a limited vocabulary which openly demonstrates their ignorance.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 12:26 PM
"When you read this thread, you can tell who has kids, and who does not. When you are young, getting drunk and screaming out a few f bombs may be fun, but for the guy with an 8 year old kid that wants to see a game, it really blows. "

That is a very good point!

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I don't have kids yet, but when I bring my 1 week old kid to the Dolphins game, I'd better not hear one swear word! :D

"Mom, why did daddy get takin off in handcuffs by the policeman?"

"Because that guy he was fighting with wouldn't stop saying that bad word within ear shot of you, so he had to beat him up to make him stop"

"Oh I see...well, daddy may be in jail now, but at least I don't have to listen to that aweful word anymore...come on mom, lets go get some popcorn, we'll bail daddy out <i>after</i> the game".

:D

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:33 PM
"When you read this thread, you can tell who has kids, and who does not. When you are young, getting drunk and screaming out a few f bombs may be fun, but for the guy with an 8 year old kid that wants to see a game, it really blows. "

That is a very good point!

Yep...life has it's sucky points. Sometimes I wish everything in life was how I wanted it to be too, then I crack myself in the head and say to myself, "hey dude, back to reality already huh".

Shiny Chicken
09-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Nocturnal, the point is, there's nothing wrong with some craziness... even if it's a little annoying... but there's a line, that a lot of people cross over that goes into be extremely rude, and that I have a problem with.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 12:41 PM
You know what-

This has been a great thread! Intelligent debate on a controversial topic without any personal attacks!

Funny how some people get offended when you mention you were offended by them. :dizzy:

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 12:42 PM
I can get a little rowdy but I try to be rowdy in a positive way!!!

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Personally I don't know how advisable it is for people with kids to bring them to a situation where tens of thousands of adult strangers have been drinking alcohol for hours on end. To expect that everyone around you in that situation is going to act like they're in a children’s day care center is a wee bit unrealistic.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Noc, you are over reating to the point-

in an 80,000 seat crowd, about half have at least some alcohol- and just judging from all those I saw in my section, only a few would be considered really drunk.

But Alcohol isn't the issue- many just want to act foul because they can- It's a false sense of empowerment. Day care? that's a bit extreme. But thinking you can get away with anything because you paid your $$$ is not an excuse.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Benjudah
Nocturnal, the point is, there's nothing wrong with some craziness... even if it's a little annoying... but there's a line, that a lot of people cross over that goes into be extremely rude, and that I have a problem with.

I agree, the problem is everyone’s line is in a different position. Believe me, anyone with kids would be lucky to have me sitting near them during a game, I don't drink and I don't swear...maybe a 90 yard kickoff return in overtime by the other team would get a "Jesus H…" out of me or an "aww f***", but that would be the rare exception over the course of three hours.

But by the same token, some guy yelling “f this” and “f that” doesn’t bother me.

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

"Mom, why did daddy get takin off in handcuffs by the policeman?"

"Because that guy he was fighting with wouldn't stop saying that bad word within ear shot of you, so he had to beat him up to make him stop"

"Oh I see...well, daddy may be in jail now, but at least I don't have to listen to that aweful word anymore...come on mom, lets go get some popcorn, we'll bail daddy out <i>after</i> the game".

:D

Pretty smart 1 week old, eh? :D

Valerie
09-17-2002, 12:56 PM
I think I'm more vocal when I'm wathcing a game at home. I am pretty considerate to those around me when out in public and I don't swear or yell at all, unless it's just general cheering. I'm a good person to be sitting next to at a game. At home on the other hand, well, I tend to curse a bit more. Poor Ticat had to listen to me for half the game last night. lol And some of it wasn't pretty. Mostly "what a dumbass," "bite me," "dammit," and "bless me."

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 03:11 PM
I can get a little rowdy but I try to be rowdy in a positive way!!!

I agree totally. There is nothing wrong with screaming your lungs out. There is nothing wrong with having a few beers among friends. But there is also nothing wrong with taking your son or daughter to a game and expect people not to throw f bombs all over the place. I would imagine that there are several adults who still get offended by massive vulgarity as well.

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 03:13 PM
I plug my ears around CASDHF. Pottymouth.

Michael82
09-17-2002, 03:58 PM
Man, this has been an interesting thread. I agree that fans should not be shouting F$#% this and F$#% that! But sometimes when the calls go a certain way, fans get a little rowdy. I did not see any young kids by me at all and sometimes am not thinking what others would be feeling by my words. I apologize, but I can't promise that it won't happen again. In the heat of the moment, things just come out. Also, if you have a problem with someone standing up to cheer the team and/or watch the play, then you should stand up, too! I was up at the times when the Bills came to my endzone and was trying to capture shots on my camera and also see the play. I was not standing up all the time. Also, the only reason why I am responding to Fat Tony is because he was talking about me and laid jabs in his post that were unfair and pathetic!

Michael82
09-17-2002, 04:01 PM
Also, one more thing...this is the reason why the Buffalo Bills have family sections! If you want to avoid the drunk morons like the ones behind me that kept screaming... Baby Joe! Baby Joe! Baby Joe!...then buy tickets in the upper deck of in the Tops family section.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I would imagine that there are several adults who still get offended by massive vulgarity as well.

There are some adults that get offended at anything. I guess if you want to spend your life getting upset about a "word" that's your prerogative. Enjoy the emotion.

Personally, I'd consider myself leading a charmed life if I even had the time to be bothered about someone else's verbiage at a football game.

Dozerdog
09-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Also, one more thing...this is the reason why the Buffalo Bills have family sections! If you want to avoid the drunk morons like the ones behind me that kept screaming... Baby Joe! Baby Joe! Baby Joe!...then buy tickets in the upper deck of in the Tops family section. I can see **** you ref as offensive- but how is Baby Joe offensive?

Those guys wer having a great time!

Michael82
09-17-2002, 05:48 PM
I was not saying it was offensive...I was saying that it had nothing to do with the game and way just annoying as heck. Also, if you don't get pissed at the refs at a game ever...then i'm pretty surprised. I have seen too many calls go against us at the Ralph and I was upset and just exploded. I'm sorry you feel sooo offended by it, but MANY people were doing it. Also, I did stop my comments after a little steam was let go and the next play occured.