X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Another 1st place vote for Bills!

Vinnie Lyer SportingNews.com Picks the Bills to finish 1st!

This is some of what he says:

I'm picking: Buffalo. This was by far the toughest division for me to figure out. I still can't believe that only the Jets made it out of here last season and both the Patriots and Dolphins did not play beyond Week 17.

So, of course the only logical thing is taking the Bills to go from worst -- if you call going 8-8 and finishing a game behind the other three teams "worst" -- to first.

They were smart to deal Peerless Price with Josh Reed in waiting and spent their money where they needed it -- on a defense that gave up 397 points last season. Gregg Williams is a defensive-minded coach, and with Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes helping to increase his front seven's playmaking quotient, there will be less pressure on a talented young secondary, allowing it to also make more big plays.

and

Winning one against the Pats will give this team much confidence, and the Bills will continue their rise from 3-13 two years ago to. . . .11-5, No. 3 seed in the AFC.

We can only hope they don't read all the positive press they are getting!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Vinnie Lyer!!!!! i better get my SB tickets now.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

At least this guy read the Price deal the way it really was!
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
        Expert on Experts
        • Jul 2002

finally someone acknowledges the price move!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Nice. real nice. I like getting some props.

Venis is also in a mood today.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
            Vinnie Lyer!!!!! i better get my SB tickets now.
            I was going to say that Vinnie Lyer wasn't a household name, but decided to see how long it would take an optimistic Bills fan to rip this guy.

You win venis!!!
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Anyone post this on the fin site yet?

They'll go NUTZ. Can't wait. I almost feel bad for this guy, they're going to rip him apart.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

I didn't Patrick can't bring myself to go there! You are right, this will make fin fans nuts!
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jul 2003

Ill do it! Which fin site??? I go on the Dolphins board on ESPN.com. Ill post it there......they deserve to know the truth.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TypicalBill
                    • Sep 2002

Yet another expert picks us to win AFC/E

My breakdown of the division for 2003, in which I find out that I'm not getting caught up with the Fish again:

I'm picking: Buffalo. This was by far the toughest division for me to figure out. I still can't believe that only the Jets made it out of here last season and both the Patriots and Dolphins did not play beyond Week 17.

So, of course the only logical thing is taking the Bills to go from worst -- if you call going 8-8 and finishing a game behind the other three teams "worst" -- to first.

They were smart to deal Peerless Price with Josh Reed in waiting and spent their money where they needed it -- on a defense that gave up 397 points last season. Gregg Williams is a defensive-minded coach, and with Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes helping to increase his front seven's playmaking quotient, there will be less pressure on a talented young secondary, allowing it to also make more big plays.

Reed will benefit much like Price did, getting favorable coverage and looks because both Travis Henry and Eric Moulds are tough enough to handle. The key to the offense avoiding slumps, however, is Drew Bledsoe being more consistent.

It all starts in Week 1 when Bledsoe faces off against his former coach/nemesis, Bill Belichick, at home. Belichick coached New England to an easy sweep of the Bills that kept them out of the playoffs last season.

Winning one against the Pats will give this team much confidence, and the Bills will continue their rise from 3-13 two years ago to. . . .11-5, No. 3 seed in the AFC.

Rest of the article (includes the rest of the ACF/E)
                    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Aero II
                      RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                      Ill do it! Which fin site??? I go on the Dolphins board on ESPN.com. Ill post it there......they deserve to know the truth.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      You may have to go there, if finhaven is down again.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                        Shinier than your mom
                        • Jul 2002

When you can't put your finger on why a team struggles, that's the definition of an intangible. Seau alone can't keep the defense from wearing down late -- what's most puzzling is how the team's two "shutdown" corners, Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain fade -- like when Moulds and Price torched them for 223 and three scores in December.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                          At least this guy read the Price deal the way it really was!
                          in your opinion, I still see cap room for days in your budget.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            Anyone post this on the fin site yet?

They'll go NUTZ. Can't wait. I almost feel bad for this guy, they're going to rip him apart.
                            No we won't, we have enough bills fan telling us everyday how great you guys are and how we'll choke in december, don't waste your time.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

in your opinion, I still see cap room for days in your budget.
                              I can't believe I'm agreeing with a fin fan, but your are right. I didn't think keeping Price was a good idea seeing all the hole we had to fill. We filled them fairly well, and still have a lot of money left, we could have resigned him, and still been in good cap shape.
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X