PDA

View Full Version : I Think It Got into Josh's Head of All the Love, MVP Stuff Since the Bye

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2022, 08:16 AM
Two Games after the bye, 4INTs, missed throws, missed reads. The mechanics are off, especially throwing to the right.

Even today. Deep balls to Diggs, 2nd to last seies, Could be a TD, instead he threw too short (Diggs was motioning throwing further out).

Still time to wake and put in the work. You can have a Jaguars type of game. Need to stop the bleeding and have none of the roller coaster like last year AFTER the Jaguars game.

BidsJr
11-06-2022, 08:18 AM
Two Games after the bye, 4INTs, missed throws, missed reads. The mechanics are off, especially throwing to the right.

Even today. Deep balls to Diggs, 2nd to last seies, Could be a TD, instead he threw too short (Diggs was motioning throwing further out).

Still time to wake and put in the work. You can have a Jaguars type of game. Need to stop the bleeding and have none of the roller coaster like last year AFTER the Jaguars game.

You should think less.

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 08:18 AM
Josh hasn't won **** yet.

The hunger is gone right now.

I blame McD.

Novacane
11-06-2022, 08:23 AM
He's human. It's gotta be nice to be loved on but sahlens right. He hasn't earned it and he should know that. Win an MVP. Win a SB. Then enjoy having your ass kissed. I hope it hasn't changed him for good. I don't think it has. We'll see.

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 08:29 AM
He's human. It's gotta be nice to be loved on but sahlens right. He hasn't earned it and he should know that. Win an MVP. Win a SB. Then enjoy having your ass kissed. I hope it hasn't changed him for good. I don't think it has. We'll see.

Josh will get back to letting his actions on the field speak for himself. I'm sure of it.

But for now, every man in the league is gunning for him and the team now, because they've been acting like they think they are great.

YardRat
11-06-2022, 08:31 AM
I hope his arm isn't hurt. I do expect to see him on the injury report this week.

And, yes, he needs to get his head out of his ass and focus.

sukie
11-06-2022, 08:31 AM
Josh hasn't won **** yet.

The hunger is gone right now.

I blame McD.
I blame QB coach first then Dorsey. Fix the mechanics

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 08:41 AM
I blame QB coach first then Dorsey. Fix the mechanics

Bad mechanics nor Dorsey are keeping Allen from reading the coverage and being careless with the football. The lack of focus is, and it's team wide right now and should start with the head coach.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2022, 08:42 AM
He gave his critics some fuel: His hgihs are high, on par with Mahomes or even higher. But his lows ARE low. The consistency is just not there with Mahomes.

Woodman
11-06-2022, 09:00 AM
It's a loooooooong season.

notacon
11-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Trying to get into Josh Allen’s head is a losing effort.

Sorry to tell you guys, but NO QB is perfect, Not ONE in history. Every HOF QB’s have had many, many terrible plays and games.

They pay the players on the other side of their field too, you know.

All that matters is how Allen reacts to this loss. He, and the team, is going to have their chance to show who they are in seven days.

The sky is NOT falling.

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 09:07 AM
It's a loooooooong season.

HOW long?

cookie G
11-06-2022, 09:12 AM
He blinked. It was going to happen some time this year.

On the good side, he has shown resilience and the ability to fix his flaws.

I didn't like it, but Im not going in panic mode.

Turf
11-06-2022, 09:49 AM

I agree entirely.

Buffalogic
11-06-2022, 09:51 AM
He's aware. He will bounce back.

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1589369189885939712?s=19

YardRat
11-06-2022, 09:57 AM
This is the game he was supposed to bounce back from a similar performance last week against Green Bay. And he didn't.

We'll see if he does next week, should be an interesting game against the 7-1 Vikes bringing in a receiver that wants to prove Minny got the better end of the trade.

Novacane
11-06-2022, 09:59 AM
He's aware. He will bounce back.

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1589369189885939712?s=19

That's the kind of thing that makes us love him!

Novacane
11-06-2022, 10:00 AM
This is the game he was supposed to bounce back from a similar performance last week against Green Bay. And he didn't.

We'll see if he does next week, should be an interesting game against the 7-1 Vikes bringing in a receiver that wants to prove Minny got the better end of the trade.

And our guy doesn't want to do the same? Likely 10 times as bad since he was the guy made out to be a bad guy by the Vikings.

Woodman
11-06-2022, 10:01 AM
HOW long?

Toooooooo loooooong.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2022, 10:07 AM
This is his 5th year in the league. Maybe he'll level out and play more even. BUT I feel like he might be one of those who will always have more fluctuations in performance. It is up to McDermott and Dorsey to find ways to allow the team to win even when Allen does not play lights out. This is a task on Dorsey - develop plays when Allen is not the focal point of the attack. Teams have figure out some, like today. The play action, fake handoffs, etc. the Jets always have a guy on Allen. You need to have more ways to run the ball, some screens, short passes. In times like today, some "layup" plays instead of depending on Allen drilling 3s with a guy in his face every time.

8 games in. Whatever new Dorsey and Frazier have with the personnel is gone. Good coordinators will find ways to adjust to you. I surely hope the Bills don't wait till the last 4 games to counter adjust. Johnson is not good at Safety? Give someone a shot. McKanzie is not cutting it at slot? Get OBJ in there. The last thing we want is the Bills having to go back to Arrowhead for a playoff game.

YardRat
11-06-2022, 10:12 AM
And our guy doesn't want to do the same? Likely 10 times as bad since he was the guy made out to be a bad guy by the Vikings.

Yeah, probably.

Turf
11-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Reminds me of the mid season slump last year and the Titan, Colts, and NE loss. They'll bounce back and get hot at the right time.

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 12:58 PM
Reminds me of the mid season slump last year and the Titan, Colts, and NE loss. They'll bounce back and get hot at the right time.

Well the right time is while we still have home field advantage...unlike last year.

Turf
11-06-2022, 03:31 PM
We sure could use some DB's.

YardRat
11-06-2022, 11:20 PM
We sure could use some DB's.

Green Bay and the Jets have run for just shy of 400 yards the last two weeks. Last week everybody had the built-in excuse that we were letting the Packers run to kill clock. This week we knew the Jets were going to run and simply got gashed. Not sure DB's are the problem.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Green Bay and the Jets have run for just shy of 400 yards the last two weeks. Last week everybody had the built-in excuse that we were letting the Packers run to kill clock. This week we knew the Jets were going to run and simply got gashed. Not sure DB's are the problem.
So many missed tackles. Jaquon Johnson is starting to look like he's not capable. He missed at least 5 tackles that I counted, most of which would've been a stop for minimal gain, that led to a big run.

He's not the only one though. Their tackling all around in the last 2 games has been sloppy. Actually sloppy can be used to pretty much describe the entire team the last 2 games.

The last buffalo fan
11-07-2022, 01:50 AM
And our guy doesn't want to do the same? Likely 11.5 times as bad since he was the guy made out to be a bad guy by the Vikings.

Yeah, probably.

Fixed for you, Mr. Yardie! :up:

:gobills:

Woodman
11-07-2022, 01:52 AM
So many missed tackles. Jaquon Johnson is starting to look like he's not capable. He missed at least 5 tackles that I counted, most of which would've been a stop for minimal gain, that led to a big run.

He's not the only one though. Their tackling all around in the last 2 games has been sloppy. Actually sloppy can be used to pretty much describe the entire team the last 2 games.
We need a better player than Johnson he just can't do the job.

He's not the only one for sure ....... but he's not good enough and that's going to be exploited as long as we use him.

Blocking and tackling 101.

kgun12
11-07-2022, 04:40 AM
I agree he’s missed some tackles that he should have made, but when your CB’s are making or not making tackles on running plays the problem is your front 7!

The last buffalo fan
11-07-2022, 04:46 AM
I agree he’s missed some tackles that he should have made, but when your CB’s are making or not making tackles on running plays the problem is your front 7!

Our OL and DL have been playing better .... compared to past seasons play, but still a lot of work to do, there are a few players, a great play here and there, but there is no consistency.

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2022, 05:19 AM
As to the original thought of this thread. Simply, NO.

Josh isn't they type of player to let anything get to his head. He's been struggling a bit, but so have his Receivers besides Diggs.

If you watch the tape from the first INT yesterday, Knox ran into coverage. Josh anticipated him running IN FRONT of the defender, but Knox, for some strange reason, ran behind, and thus Josh threw it right to the Defender. The second INT was more Josh's fault, but again, it looked like he expected Gabe to keep running, and Gabe stopped, thus again, Josh threw it right to the defender. I'm not making excuses for Josh, yesterday was probably his worst game in 2 years. However, the blame falls upon the WRs, Oline, TEs, etc as well. Dorsey isn't helping things either.

The last buffalo fan
11-07-2022, 05:32 AM
As to the original thought of this thread. Simply, NO.

Josh isn't they type of player to let anything get to his head. He's been struggling a bit, but so have his Receivers besides Diggs.

If you watch the tape from the first INT yesterday, Knox ran into coverage. Josh anticipated him running IN FRONT of the defender, but Knox, for some strange reason, ran behind, and thus Josh threw it right to the Defender. The second INT was more Josh's fault, but again, it looked like he expected Gabe to keep running, and Gabe stopped, thus again, Josh threw it right to the defender. I'm not making excuses for Josh, yesterday was probably his worst game in 2 years. However, the blame falls upon the WRs, Oline, TEs, etc as well. Dorsey isn't helping things either.
I total agree with you on the second pick, perhaps the first one too, but in my opinion he was making that no look pass ****, it was an easy TD. 21-3 ....... damn!

Woodman
11-09-2022, 06:00 AM
I total agree with you on the second pick, perhaps the first one too, but in my opinion he was making that no look pass ****, it was an easy TD. 21-3 ....... damn!

That would have put the game away ..... too bad.