PDA

View Full Version : New rule they should implement if players are in a stretcher or taken away in ambulan

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:23 PM
New rule

If a player is in this situation, the team should be given 10-15 minutes to process the information then move forward. Give the team a chance to process information, allow the team more time to re group, and it gives the league more time in these situations. And this time should be implemented immediately after the player has left the field

************PLEASE READ THIS CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!***********

It was probably your wording. You specified "THIS" situation.

In this particular situation, both teams watched a man die and being resuscitated before being taken away. The idea you proposed - sounded like you were saying that after 10-15 minutes, they should have resumed the game.

I realize that now. When i said this situation, i meant in general when players are carried off in an ambulance or stretcher, give the players more time to re group and if there is a situation like hamlins, it gives the nfl and coaches/players some time to make a decision without the pressure

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-05-2023, 05:24 PM
Who are you, Bill Maher?

YardRat
01-05-2023, 05:25 PM
What if they are taken off the field on a cart? That doesn't count?

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:26 PM
What if they deserved it?

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:29 PM
What if they deserved it?

Please explain

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:30 PM
Please explain

No. Figure it out and rewrite your rule without loopholes.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:31 PM
No. Figure it out and rewrite your rule without loopholes.

What loophole? They already get 5 minutes in these circumstances, im saying make it 10-15

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO ARGUE THIS?

How the **** is this complicated?

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:32 PM
What loophole? They already get 5 minutes in these circumstances, im saying make it 10-15

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO ARGUE THIS?

How the **** is this complicated?

Yawn.

Novacane
01-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Let's not overreact over a once in a lifetime freak accident.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Its not over reacting. Im saying give the players more time to process the situation. What harm does this cause? Literally the 2 issues people are talking about is that they apparently were given 5 minutes and the fact that they force teams to just go back to playing football

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:38 PM
Its insane to me that giving players ten ****ing minutes to process a serious injury is a actual complicated issue for yall, **** man, this should be common sense

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-05-2023, 05:41 PM
"Your friend is dead. Here's 10:00, begin. ... Times up - back to work"

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:44 PM
"Your friend is dead. Here's 10:00, begin. ... Times up - back to work"

When does the 10:00 clock begin?

When the play is whistled dead, or when the player is dead?

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:46 PM
Wait wait, i think yall mis took what i was saying

Im saying that teams should be given 10 mins when a player is taken on a stretcher to give them time to re group and process it

Im not saying in this situation they should be only given 10 minutes. Im saying give them time during serious injuries involving the neck or spine

I think yall mis took what i was saying

YardRat
01-05-2023, 05:46 PM
What is the old rule?

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:47 PM
I actually dont get how yall misread that this bad. Its pretty obvious the way i wrote it what i meant

- - - Updated - - -

What is the old rule?

Player taken away, commercial break, back to football

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Ya'll?

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Ya'll?

Go away

YardRat
01-05-2023, 05:50 PM
I actually dont get how yall misread that this bad. Its pretty obvious the way i wrote it what i meant

- - - Updated - - -

Player taken away, commercial break, back to football

That's a real rule? In the rule book?

Cali512
Its really bothering me that this isnt an obvious idea. To force players to go out and play a couple minutes after their player was nearly paralyzed isnt right to me. Im just saying we should give them some extra minutes to process it. How are yall not in agreement, its really bothering me

sahlensguy
Go away

You sound like a Cowboy's fan.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:51 PM
You sound like a Cowboy's fan.

I live in texas

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 05:53 PM
I figured California

Cali512
01-05-2023, 05:55 PM
Is this really a complicated thing because ive lost all respect for this forum if me saying players should get some time to re group when one of their brothers are brought out on a stretcher

Like seriously, what the ****

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2023, 05:59 PM
*** **** Cali strikes again.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 06:01 PM
Okay im deleting my account

Its really troubling me that yall are treating me like this for saying we should do something to help the players. Im done, this is pathetic

sahlensguy
01-05-2023, 06:02 PM

Its really troubling me that yall are treating me like this for saying we should do something to help the players. Im done, this is pathetic

Karma *****

Cali512
01-05-2023, 06:02 PM
I can see none of yall actually care about the players and were faking sincerity about hamlin. Im done, your showing your true colors

Novacane
01-05-2023, 06:36 PM
Almost every time a player goes off on a stretcher it's out of an abundance of caution. Everyone on the field has a good idea how bad or not bad the injury really is. When a player is conscious and giving the thumbs up what's the point? Sitting around for another 10 minutes seems pointless.

DraftBoy
01-05-2023, 06:39 PM
Give it a rest guys. If you don’t like the idea then that’s fine but don’t attack the poster.

That goes for everybody.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Almost every time a player goes off on a stretcher it's out of an abundance of caution. Everyone on the field has a good idea how bad or not bad the injury really is. When a player is conscious and giving the thumbs up what's the point? Sitting around for another 10 minutes seems pointless.

I get that. Im just saying, players and some fans are talking about how when a serious injury, its just business as usual. Im just saying give them some more time, im saying this with good intentions. I didnt expect me to get so much hate for just saying give the players some time to process and actually think about their teammate. I dont get why this is getting hate, i understand people disagreeing with a logical point, but the hate is just... unessesary. I made this out of respect to the players

Cntrygal
01-05-2023, 06:46 PM
New rule

If a player is in this situation, the team should be given 10-15 minutes to process the information then move forward. Give the team a chance to process information, allow the team more time to re group, and it gives the league more time in these situations. And this time should be implemented immediately after the player has left the field

I get that. Im just saying, players and some fans are talking about how when a serious injury, its just business as usual. Im just saying give them some more time, im saying this with good intentions. I didnt expect me to get so much hate for just saying give the players some time to process and actually think about their teammate. I dont get why this is getting hate, i understand people disagreeing with a logical point, but the hate is just... unessesary. I made this out of respect to the players

In this particular situation, both teams watched a man die and being resuscitated before being taken away. The idea you proposed - sounded like you were saying that after 10-15 minutes, they should have resumed the game.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 06:49 PM

I realize that now. When i said this situation, i meant in general when players are carried off in an ambulance or stretcher, give the players more time to re group and if there is a situation like hamlins, it gives the nfl and coaches/players some time to make a decision without the pressure

Discotrish
01-06-2023, 12:27 PM
Wait wait, i think yall mis took what i was saying

Im saying that teams should be given 10 mins when a player is taken on a stretcher to give them time to re group and process it

Im not saying in this situation they should be only given 10 minutes. Im saying give them time during serious injuries involving the neck or spine

I think yall mis took what i was saying

Damar's injury wasn't to the neck or spine.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-06-2023, 12:42 PM
Damar's injury wasn't to the neck or spine.

Cali's statement wasn't about Damar

Discotrish
01-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Cali's statement wasn't about Damar

So Cali's statement wouldn't apply to Damar's situation.

But we want to add extra time for lesser injuries?

Why codify this at all?

Woodman
01-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Bills will wear a 3 patch Sunday on their jersey's.

Novacane
01-06-2023, 03:21 PM

I call BS.

Cali512
01-06-2023, 04:02 PM
I call BS.

After talking to some of my friends on this site and a few moderaters, i realized all the attacks i got was due to how i worded it and i realize now that i put myself in that situation because of my wording

Bill Cody
01-06-2023, 04:08 PM
After talking to some of my friends on this site and a few moderaters, i realized all the attacks i got was due to how i worded it and i realize now that i put myself in that situation because of my wording

lol

Cali512
01-06-2023, 04:11 PM
So Cali's statement wouldn't apply to Damar's situation.

But we want to add extra time for lesser injuries?

Why codify this at all?

It applies more to the kevin everett type situations or when players are strapped to a stretcher due to a serious injury. Dane Jacksons would qualify for this as well

The main point im trying to make is to help give the players time to gather themselves and allow the nfl to have more time to assess a situation like hamlins without having 5 mins to make the call

It happens maybe once to twice a year for a select few teams. If waiting ten minutes to help players gather themselves and show people that they arent just robots, where we arent forcing them to essentially immediately start playing immediately, i think its worth the fanbase waiting ten minutes out of respect to what just took place. idk, i feel like its worth considering

Its literally just from 5 mins to ten minutes. The only people that would be inconvenienced are the fans, which we shouldn't give a **** about. What we should've learned from all this is one, the players have deep emotions for their teammates, and 2, we shouldn't be forcing players to ignore that to play 3-5 mins later. its just 10 minutees