PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Novacane
01-15-2023, 03:55 PM
Balls..........I honestly don't feel like giving any. I'm tired of this team turning easy games into heart attacks.

Elam........Big game rookie

Milano..........one missed tackle.

Diggs was big early.............Dorsey found a way to make him invisible in the 2nd.

Davis............Big in the playoffs.

Goats............................yes I'm giving goats in a win.

McDermott.............There has to be a reason the team keeps self destroying. The HC has to be a big part of it.

Dorsey............bomb after bomb when it wasn't called for. Please hire him away Carolina.

Inconsistent Josh. Plays great then makes a stupid mistake. Plays great again. Makes another stupid mistake. Someone COACH him and get his head straight. It's time someone get in his face
and tell him knock it the EFF off. It's past time.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 03:59 PM
Balls

Elam
1st Qtr Diggs.
Secondary overall
Good Josh.
Beasley TD
When they pass rushed, they created plays.

Goats

Beasley ricochet
Pass rush
Bad Josh
Drops
Refs

Mad Max
01-15-2023, 04:02 PM
Balls

Taron
Milano
Gabe
Elam
Shakir

Goats

DorseyFrazier
Josh
Spencer Brown
Dion

Cali512
01-15-2023, 04:03 PM
Balls

Elam
1st Qtr Diggs.
Secondary overall
Good Josh.
Beasley TD
When they pass rushed, they created plays.

Goats

Beasley ricochet
Pass rush
Bad Josh
Drops
Refs

Dude, the refs were AMAZING. Every call went our way, the ones that didnt were clear as day. I was really impressed with how much they let them play and werent calling ticky tack holdings, unnecessary roughness. They did a really good job.

It was a perfect game from them, if anything, we got away with a lot that other refs wouldnt of

Mad Bomber
01-15-2023, 04:04 PM
Balls:
Motor for that last run

I’m too mentally exhausted to type anything else right now

Historian
01-15-2023, 04:04 PM
Balls:

Elam
Milano
T Johnson

Goats:

Opie....wtf is it with you and timeouts????

Allen....responsible for half of THEIR points.

Dorsey...ABTSMAL play calling. Please hire a real coordinator in the off-season.

CLASSIC Buffalo playing DOWN to the level of the competition game. Got eaten alive by a clipboard carrier.

Cincinnati is going to wax them.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 04:05 PM
Dude, the refs were AMAZING. Every call went our way, the ones that didnt were clear as day. I was really impressed with how much they let them play and werent calling ticky tack holdings, unnecessary roughness. They did a really good job.

It was a perfect game from them, if anything, we got away with a lot that other refs wouldnt of

We disagree.

Josh was thrown down on Cooks TD run for no reason. Wasn’t called.

How many times did the clock hit zero on Miami and the Refs did not call delay of game?

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:06 PM
McD blew at least 3 timeouts.

I don’t know if it was the play-calling or Josh’s decisions but they went long far too often in the 2nd half. It’s a close game. You don’t need 50 yards every play to win it.

Just take short and medium gains and keep the ball moving.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:09 PM
Balls just gonna go with my opinion of the biggest keeping in mind I could list a few more .... well here it goes!

My game ball goes to Spencer Brown recovering that fumble saved us!!!!!!!

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:09 PM

Explain why we didn’t get the review on the TD pass at the end of the 2nd half but they got a review on the Singletary run at the end of the game. That alone shows bias. FWIW I didn’t think it was a TD at the end of the 1st half but it was close enough that they should have reviewed.

TBH I thought we would get the calls for once. The NFL really wants that Allen-Mahomes indoor neutral site game. But that isn’t what happened.

Cntrygal
01-15-2023, 04:10 PM
Shadow & Houdini should get game balls, despite their absence in the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd. They may have kept me from having a stroke or a cardiac event.

Ingtar33
01-15-2023, 04:11 PM
Inconsistent Josh. Plays great then makes a stupid mistake. Plays great again. Makes another stupid mistake. Someone COACH him and get his head straight. It's time someone get in his face
and tell him knock it the EFF off. It's past time.

2INTs off his wr's hands, 1 fumble on an unblocked defender's blitz (he probably should have seen it and got it off to the RB) a couple of key drops on 3rd down...

I actually only really blame him for the fumble. as for the rest. I think he was going deep because the maimi defense kept begging him to. two drops deep make his statline look a little less impressive (those two balls caught and he would have been well over 400 yards for the game), there was a few plays which definately were josh's fault. but on the whole i don't think you can give a QB a goat for 350 yards 3 TDs in a playoff win.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:12 PM
McD blew at least 3 timeouts.

I don’t know if it was the play-calling or Josh’s decisions but they went long far too often in the 2nd half. It’s a close game. You don’t need 50 yards every play to win it.

Just take short and medium gains and keep the ball moving.

Love it maybe he'll give himself a good talking to.

- - - Updated - - -

Davis is back fellas .... relax

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:12 PM
Shadow & Houdini should get game balls, despite their absence in the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd. They may have kept me from having a stroke or a cardiac event.

My 17 year old orange male named Bud made it til the 2 min warning sitting right next to me, despite the fact that I have a sore throat from yelling at the TV. He’s the calmest cat ever.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:14 PM
2INTs off his wr's hands, 1 fumble on an unblocked defender's blitz (he probably should have seen it and got it off to the RB) a couple of key drops on 3rd down...

I actually only really blame him for the fumble. as for the rest. I think he was going deep because the maimi defense kept begging him to. two drops deep make his statline look a little less impressive (those two balls caught and he would have been well over 400 yards for the game), there was a few plays which definately were josh's fault. but on the whole i don't think you can give a QB a goat for 350 yards 3 TDs in a playoff win.

Josh was definitely in Hero-ball mode on the fumble. He was thinking about the two INT’s and didn’t want to give up on the play with us being down. He should have just ate it and taken the sack.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:15 PM
Spencer Brown for saving the game.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:16 PM
Josh was definitely in Hero-ball mode on the fumble. He was thinking about the two INT’s and didn’t want to give up on the play with us being down. He should have just ate it and taken the sack.
Spencer Brown saved our bacon and Josh's.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 04:18 PM

Not sure that’s hero ball.

Josh didn’t realize the unblocked Rowe was right on top of him. Good play by Rowe.

Cali512
01-15-2023, 04:19 PM
We disagree.

Josh was thrown down on Cooks TD run for no reason. Wasn’t called.

How many times did the clock hit zero on Miami and the Refs did not call delay of game?

We hit skylar multiple times unnecessarily.

Also once again, i dont think you get how the rules work. Firstly, miami wasted 4 timeouts due to clock management. The few other plays where struck zero, the refs job is to look at the clock, ball, clock, then ball. The essentially get 1.5 seconds after the clock is at zero. Its been like this for years. If the ball isnt snapped when the official looks again, its delay of game

So when the clock is at one, the official looks at the ball, clock, then if the ball isnt snapped yet, they blow the whistle

Edmunds couldve gotten a helmet to helmet regardless of the rules, refs call this a lot. The thompson hit, bad refs call that. Multiple times we nearly had what couldve been holding or DPI. The singeltary play shouldve been short. Aside from that play, they got the call right every single challenge

Im just not going to allow people to blame the refs when they couldnt of been better.

The allen hit was COMPLETELY legal. It was a read option and allen moved forward like he had the ball. He may of not needed to swing him down, but its whatever. It had no effect on the game. They let both teams play, didnt throw flags on Lawson or any player aside from the double call during fights.

I honestly cant think of anything the refs got obviously wrong except singeltary was definitely short

sukie
01-15-2023, 04:21 PM
Balls:

Elam
Milano
T Johnson

Goats:

Opie....wtf is it with you and timeouts????

Allen....responsible for half of THEIR points.

Dorsey...ABTSMAL play calling. Please hire a real coordinator in the off-season.

CLASSIC Buffalo playing DOWN to the level of the competition game. Got eaten alive by a clipboard carrier.

Cincinnati is going to wax them.
They will play to the level of competence of the opponent.

I’m not a Dorsey fan. no middle field attack and all routes too long.

josh 2 picks on his receivers.

Edmunds hell of a game along with Whit, Elam, milano, Lawson.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:21 PM
Not sure that’s hero ball.

Josh didn’t realize the unblocked Rowe was right on top of him. Good play by Rowe.

He tried to scramble out of it instead of just protecting the ball and eating the sack.

Cali512
01-15-2023, 04:24 PM
Explain why we didn’t get the review on the TD pass at the end of the 2nd half but they got a review on the Singletary run at the end of the game. That alone shows bias. FWIW I didn’t think it was a TD at the end of the 1st half but it was close enough that they should have reviewed.

TBH I thought we would get the calls for once. The NFL really wants that Allen-Mahomes indoor neutral site game. But that isn’t what happened.

This is so ignorant. The refs dont have to review every play. That was an obvious incompletions, the refs probably got word from up top, and were able to quickly decide the result

We had 2 penalties for 13 yds and one declined penalty. We had about 4 plays that we couldve gotten flagged for, for unnecessary roughness, offensive holding and defensive holding

If anything, we got every single call, they were 100% of every challenge except the end of game first down. I cant think of a single call that went against buffalo or that miami got away with

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:26 PM
This is so ignorant. The refs dont have to review every play. That was an obvious incompletions, the refs probably got word from up top, and were able to quickly decide the result

We had 2 penalties for 13 yds and one declined penalty. We had about 4 plays that we couldve gotten flagged for, for unnecessary roughness, offensive holding and defensive holding

If anything, we got every single call, they were 100% of every challenge except the end of game first down. I cant think of a single call that went against buffalo or that miami got away with

Pretty sure we didn’t watch the same game.

Ingtar33
01-15-2023, 04:27 PM
I honestly cant think of anything the refs got obviously wrong except singeltary was definitely short

I'm not so sure. the line on the TV was about half a yard further then the actual sticks were. the sticks were right around the 34; the line on tv was closer to the 35... Singletary was clearly past the 34... not as far as the digital line but i think he was over the sticks marking.

Night Train
Balls : Winning

Goats : We got almost too much bad Josh in the good Josh- Bad Josh 2022.
3 turnovers and a lot of short,low.. just bad passes to the receivers. He did just enough.
Poise ? The elbow ? ... I guess only he and a few coaches know.

I'll watch next week, just out of spite.

Woodman
I watched us win!

kingJofNYC
Gameball to the D, especially Elam.

I’ve ****ted on Dorsey a lot, but he called a good game for the most part, O was cooking early. I blame a lot on our O players not executing. Throwing into tight coverages, throwing deep repeatedly even though the check down was there, dropping balls. I think the best synopsis of this game on O was the first down catch by Diggs that Shakir tried to catch. Instead of throwing the wide open catch and run to Shakir we tried going further downfield. Late in the game Josh took a simple 2 yard pass to 85 and it went for 12. We need more of that and less of just trying to blow the doors off a team by throwing deep every rip.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:28 PM
Balls : Winning

I'll watch next week, just out of spite.

Yeah me to! :cheers:

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:28 PM
Gameball to the D, especially Elam.

I’ve ****ted on Dorsey a lot, but he called a good game for the most part, O was cooking early. I blame a lot on our O players not executing. Throwing into tight coverages, throwing deep repeatedly even though the check down was there, dropping balls. I think the best synopsis of this game on O was the first down catch by Diggs that Shakir tried to catch. Instead of throwing the wide open catch and run to Shakir we tried going further downfield. Late in the game Josh took a simpler 2 yard pass to 85 and it went for 12. We need more of that and less of just trying to blow the doors off a team by throwing deep every rip.

Game balls to the D that gave up 24 points to a 3rd string rookie? Yikes.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:29 PM
My kick in the ass award has to go to __________ .

See if you can guess! :D:

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-15-2023, 04:31 PM
You do realize that allowed barely over 200 yards and most of the points they gave up were due to very short fields, right?

Cali512
01-15-2023, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure we didn’t watch the same game.

No, its you for some reason think we should get special treatment. Name one call they got wrong? We had 2 penalties all game against us and every challenge was right. The delay of game is how its been called for years.

This is the part that i hate when we have bad games, people blame the refs for everything. The refs did everything right. Seriously name me one or even two calls that were "against" us

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 04:35 PM

Mostly setup by turnovers.

Besides their 1 TD drive, the best drives they had were 10 plays 38 yards, 7 plays 30 yards.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 04:35 PM
You do realize that allowed barely over 200 yards and most of the points they gave up were due to very short fields, right?

And? Still too much for a rookie 3rd stringer. Ext week, we are gonna have to play a QB who can put up points without a short field. What happens then?

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 04:37 PM
Buffalo 72 plays 423 yards
Miami 69 plays 231 yards

kingJofNYC
01-15-2023, 04:38 PM

Exactly, special teams and turnovers gave the Phins short fields. We were down 3-1 in turnover differential until late in the game. We lost Jackson, no Phillips, and Marlowe at safety and they still locked up. That one drive late in the game was their only true blemish.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Still too much for a rookie 3rd stringer. Ext week, we are gonna have to play a QB who can put up points without a short field. What happens then?

Don’t give teams short fields or you will lose, I mean no d is making up for that if you’re consistently turn over the ball and putting your d back against the wall.

Historian
01-15-2023, 04:41 PM

He had a ton of drops, and Hill and Waddell were non factors in the game.

Ingtar....Is it possible that they're too used to the ball coming with a counter-clockwise spin, (LHP) as opposed to Skylar's clockwise spin? (RHP)

Is that a thing?

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:42 PM
My kick in the ass award has to go to __________ .

See if you can guess! :D:

You're right it's Leslie Frazier.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 04:44 PM

Ingtar....Is it possible that they're too used to the ball coming with a counter-clockwise spin, (LHP) as opposed to Skylar's clockwise spin? (RHP)

Is that a thing?

Yes!

Historian
01-15-2023, 04:45 PM
Giva a ball to Motor as well.

That last run was a textbook example of second effort....and clearly a first down.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 04:46 PM
Let’s hope 1st half Lawerence shows up all game.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-15-2023, 04:47 PM
Let’s hope 1st half Lawerence shows up all game.

And let’s hope the second quarter and early third quarter bills stay home!

imbondz
01-15-2023, 04:47 PM
Balls

My heart for surviving that
The time clock for continually going out on the Dolphins

Goats

None. We won a playoff game, onto the next game.

Novacane
01-15-2023, 04:49 PM
I have no complaints with the defense. McFraizier went prevent on the one drive we gave up after going up 10. That was dumb. Other than that they played well. A little more pressure would have been nice too.

Ingtar33
01-15-2023, 04:52 PM

Is that a thing?

yep, it's 100% a thing. though i suspect the cold weather had more to do with the drops, the ball comes out odd if you're used to a left armed QB (same if you're used to a right armed QB, and a left armed backup comes in, it usually takes a little adjustment).

Lexwhat
01-15-2023, 05:03 PM

I don't know. What does happen then??

Brock Purdy is a rookie 3rd stringer who was the last pick in the draft. He threw for 330 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and ran for another TD.

Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence was the first overall pick who threw 4 INTs in one half of football.

Next week is a new week. Different team. Different preparation. Different challenges.

We won. We have things to clean up. Miami players are booking vacations now. Bills players will be reviewing their playbooks for next week.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 05:04 PM
yep, it's 100% a thing. though i suspect the cold weather had more to do with the drops, the ball comes out odd if you're used to a left armed QB (same if you're used to a right armed QB, and a left armed backup comes in, it usually takes a little adjustment).

You guys are making me think of that episode of the Simpsons where Bart makes a collect call to Australia to find out if the toilet water drains in the opposite direction.

Historian
01-15-2023, 05:12 PM
One last Goat:

The NFL.

The #2 seed shouldn't even be playing in these pissant Wild Card games, while the team in the lamest division in football gets a one-seed and a bye.

Add one more team and give 1 and 2 a rest, or do away with the bye all together.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 05:16 PM
And let’s hope the second quarter and early third quarter bills stay home!

I’ll take 14 points in the 3rd next week.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-15-2023, 05:24 PM
I’ll take 14 points in the 3rd next week.

Which is why I said early third

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2023, 05:41 PM
I have a hard time blaming Josh for the pick that bounced off of Beasley’s chest. I also have a hard time blaming him for getting blind sided by the guy Singletary was supposed to block

Cali512
01-15-2023, 05:49 PM
I have a hard time blaming Josh for the pick that bounced off of Beasley’s chest. I also have a hard time blaming him for getting blind sided by the guy Singletary was supposed to block

Yes, but allen is way to in his own head. He used to feel that much better. I remember last year mentioning that he rarely gets stripped from behind, most of his fumbles came directly. He also is getting so fixated on some receivers that hes not seeing things develop early. I was thinking a lot today about how some of the plays he had mahomes wouldve made because mahomes is better at seeing the angles of his receivers and noticing them braking at the last second.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2023, 05:53 PM
Yes, but allen is way to in his own head. He used to feel that much better. I remember last year mentioning that he rarely gets stripped from behind, most of his fumbles came directly. He also is getting so fixated on some receivers that hes not seeing things develop early. I was thinking a lot today about how some of the plays he had mahomes wouldve made because mahomes is better at seeing the angles of his receivers and noticing them braking at the last second.

Not that one. Watch the replay. Josh gets the ball, turns and the defender is tackling him. He had no chance to do anything. Singletary ran right by the guy.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 05:55 PM
Final goat…

Pass blocking: 7 sacks, 2 fumbles caused by lack of pass blocking.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2023, 05:59 PM
Final goat…

Pass blocking: 7 sacks, 2 fumbles caused by lack of pass blocking.

A few sacks are on Josh, but I agree.

Cali512
01-15-2023, 05:59 PM
Not that one. Watch the replay. Josh gets the ball, turns and the defender is tackling him. He had no chance to do anything. Singletary ran right by the guy.

Yeah, regardless what i said still remains

Discotrish
01-15-2023, 06:22 PM

Heck even that fight mostly on us was called as "offsetting penalties!"

Yeah I thought the refs were mostly good.

kgun12
01-15-2023, 07:00 PM
I’m giving a game ball to the entire o-line for coming in to protect Josh after the interception! Josh was silly for going after Wilkersonbut loved the response from the line!

Goats to the same line for poor.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 07:00 PM
No, its you for some reason think we should get special treatment. Name one call they got wrong?

Wilkins should have been penalized for going after the QB on the INT return. You can’t do that. TJ Watt just explained that.

Cali512
01-15-2023, 07:04 PM
Heck even that fight mostly on us was called as "offsetting penalties!"

Yeah I thought the refs were mostly good.

You couldnt ask for a better called game and if anything it was more in favor of the bills. We couldve had a lot of calls go against us and they kept their flag in their pocket. The last first down imo wasnt a first down and it seemed pretty obvious on the one angle. The first down was at the white line and we didnt get to it.

I still dont get how you can argue any of the challenges at all, or the penalties where we got called for 2, and they were extremely obvious

And we held a lot. On a lot of allens scrambles, our OTs were dragging the DE down. We couldve lost with how a lot of officials call games. We couldve easily of had 2 unnecessary roughness calls, Lawson couldve gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty, on a couple defensive plays there couldve been illegal contact or holding with how the nfl is now, and like i said, we held a lot

Cali512
01-15-2023, 07:12 PM
Wilkins should have been penalized for going after the QB on the INT return. You can�t do that. TJ Watt just explained that.

He pushed allen, he just pushed allen. He even stopped almost like a "my bad" moment and even if they wouldve called the penalty, it wouldve been offset

Your desperately trying to prove that the officials were out to get us when there is absolutely no proof, if anything it was the opposite. We got away with a lot and miami got called for nearly everything

We hit Thompson a lot after the pass. There were multiple passes that we ran and pushed him down even though the ball was released, and i know thats a weak call to make, but officials make that call a lot

I never defend the officials, but even i was impressed by how they handled the animosity and didnt call soft penalties nor did they decide the game

I mean look at today with the vikings, that roughing the passer penalty was weak as ****, but our officials let them play.

I feel like your almost arguing that they should be flag happy any time a borderline situation happened. We had no important flags against us. Every challenge was called correctly, we had 2 penalties for 13 yds. They had 7 penalties. We had a helmet to helmet penalty that i know wasn't technically helmet to helmet, but they couldve done called that. If the Milano sideline hit was vs allen, you would be crying for a flag

Gibby 2.0
01-15-2023, 11:56 PM
Balls:

Defense, yeah I know it was 31 on the scoreboard but lots of turnovers and they got some great pressure
Singles, he put the game away in the end with that don't give up until you hear the whistle run
Diggs, especially in the first half
Knox in the first half

Goats: O Line play, seven sacks is not going to do it boys.

Lone Stranger
01-16-2023, 10:29 AM
I'm not so sure. the line on the TV was about half a yard further then the actual sticks were. the sticks were right around the 34; the line on tv was closer to the 35... Singletary was clearly past the 34... not as far as the digital line but i think he was over the sticks marking.

I am in total agreement with your analysis.

Night Train
01-18-2023, 10:30 AM
A few sacks are on Josh, but I agree.

I hate the Fins but I do give credit to the Miami D on pressure.

They sent it from everywhere and played a tight short zone, forcing Allen to launch some deep low % throws. He had zero time quite often to spot open receivers short, while scrambling for his life. Give credit where credit is due.

swiper
01-18-2023, 03:44 PM
I hate the Fins but I do give credit to the Miami D on pressure.

They sent it from everywhere and played a tight short zone, forcing Allen to launch some deep low % throws. He had zero time quite often to spot open receivers short, while scrambling for his life. Give credit where credit is due.

That's exactly what the Dolphins did. And the OC and Allen, for the most part, recognized it and adapted the best they could. Their line is just not that good. Anyway, people over-analyzing as expected. The Bills won the game. Next up please. Enjoying this. For 20+ years we'd be talking about who to draft on this day of the year.