PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question

Buffalo Bills
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
I usually lurk at most message boards. Why do I lurk, well it's because I don't think I'm too bright when it comes to talking about my team. I have even been slammed on other boards because of it. They have questioned my loyalty to the team. With slogans like "have a take but don't suck" leaves me lurking more and more, as opposed to posting.

My question is, and I am posting this here because you guys don't usually slam a stupid remark: Just because I can't over analyze the team schemes, and weaknesses, does it make me any less of a fan in your eyes? I am a Buffalo Bills fan and it is a love that's very deep in my heart.

This place is the best for treating ALL posters with the same level of respect. Keep up the good work :up:

LtBillsFan66
09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
What a stupid post!

:jk:

LtBillsFan66
09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
And no it doesn't make you less of a fan.

If you stick with a team through thick and thin, they you are a fan. Period.

Buffalo Bills
09-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Thanks you guys sure make me feel safe in posting.

kgun12
09-04-2003, 01:47 PM
PASSION man! It's all about PASSION!

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 01:50 PM
No, you're a Bills fan for posting this publicly .. :up:

Originally posted by Buffalo Bills
Thanks you guys sure make me feel safe in posting.

:eek:

Billsbabee
09-04-2003, 01:52 PM
I usually lurk at most message boards. Why do I lurk, well it's because I don't think I'm too bright when it comes to talking about my team. I have even been slammed on other boards because of it. They have questioned my loyalty to the team. With slogans like "have a take but don't suck" leaves me lurking more and more, as opposed to posting.

My question is, and I am posting this here because you guys don't usually slam a stupid remark: Just because I can't over analyze the team schemes, and weaknesses, does it make me any less of a fan in your eyes? I am a Buffalo Bills fan and it is a love that's very deep in my heart.

This place is the best for treating ALL posters with the same level of respect. Keep up the good work :up:

I know how ya feel, I can't analyze in depth worth a poopie either but you're right, you won't get slammed here. :up:

:welcome: Glad to have ya.

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 01:54 PM
you know where i learn about that stuff bud? on message boards.. there are enough educated posters here that you will learn just from reading.. and if you read something you dont understand.. hell! its a message board.. post a message and say "i dont get it, can you explain it to me".. plenty will be happy to add their knowledge.

thing is, i noticed.. maybe about 4 years ago.. maybe longer.. as i learned more about the game... i started watching teh little things in the game..

it was funny, because i was just explaining to my wife on sunday during the virginia tech game.. she didnt understand what all the different positions where.. and i never knew she didnt know them.. i just assumed she did..

so i say, damn.. did you see that fullback crush that LB.. he punked him.. and she looked at me like i was speaking spanglish...

i actually flipped on john madden and schooled her to all the formations, positions, ect.. it was fun.. i was using instant replay and stuff.. lol..

then last night.. i was like, HONEY! WE SIGNED LAWYER MILLOY! he is an awesome Strong safety from NE. she was like sweet.. i said.. do you know what a strong safety is? she goes.. he is the one the roams around in the secondary and knocks the crap out of people..

i felt like a proud father watching his son score his first TD.. i said "thats my girl"... and smacked her in the butt. :D

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:54 PM
YEah I concur with the rest of the folks. I have said some stupid things here, and no-one's questioned my loyalty.

Nice to see you again.

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:56 PM
The truth is, anyone who can admit to being a fan (especially back during the 80 before the SB's) is considered a fan.

If you dont jump from team to team based on who is good that season, you are ok in my book.

Our motto here is to attack the post, not the poster. Generally people do really well about that here, and we try to enforce it.

Speak your mind my friend, and as long as you stick to your guns, people will respect whatever you have to say. They may not agree, but they will respect your opinion.

Thanks for posting bro!

northernbillfan
09-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Good post T. LMAO.

My wife looked at me like I speaking Greek when I said we signed Milloy.

Pride
09-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you know where i learn about that stuff bud? on message boards.. there are enough educated posters here that you will learn just from reading.. and if you read something you dont understand.. hell! its a message board.. post a message and say "i dont get it, can you explain it to me".. plenty will be happy to add their knowledge.

thing is, i noticed.. maybe about 4 years ago.. maybe longer.. as i learned more about the game... i started watching teh little things in the game..

it was funny, because i was just explaining to my wife on sunday during the virginia tech game.. she didnt understand what all the different positions where.. and i never knew she didnt know them.. i just assumed she did..

so i say, damn.. did you see that fullback crush that LB.. he punked him.. and she looked at me like i was speaking spanglish...

i actually flipped on john madden and schooled her to all the formations, positions, ect.. it was fun.. i was using instant replay and stuff.. lol..

then last night.. i was like, HONEY! WE SIGNED LAWYER MILLOY! he is an awesome Strong safety from NE. she was like sweet.. i said.. do you know what a strong safety is? she goes.. he is the one the roams around in the secondary and knocks the crap out of people..

i felt like a proud father watching his son score his first TD.. i said "thats my girl"... and smacked her in the butt. :D

Dude, that almost brought a tear to my eye. If I could just find a wench like that haha :jk:

LtBillsFan66
09-04-2003, 02:01 PM
I cried when I got home from work yesterday and my fiancee asked me if the Bills picked up Milloy. The gal is coming around. Not only is she getting into football, she is showing signs of liking the Bills. I had a "moment."

ok, ok I didn't actually cry! Crying is for sissies. But I was kind of happy.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 02:05 PM
I told my wife that we signed Milloy and she said she didn't give a crap. :(

Mr. Miyagi
09-04-2003, 02:09 PM
You guys are so lucky. I told my wife that we signed Milloy, and pro-bowler safety from NE, and we play them in the home opener....I was so excited...

All I got was a "OK honey".

:cry:

I need a new wife. :(

TypicalBill
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
I told my falks we got Milloy

they asked me where did i buy "it" from :cynic:

BillsNick
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
We all bleed red and blue here, so we're all brothers in a way. It's just nice to know that the horrible itch you have to check all the sites for the latest info, or scan all the news channels at 6:25 to see the local updates on our beloved team, is shared by many. The Buffal Bills are truly my favorite thing in the world, and we have the greatest fans like you and me. I have been jonesing since they signed Posey. I honestly wish that they had a 24 hr Bills channel, so I could satisfy my hunger whenever I wanted. Welcome Friend.

Shiny Chicken
09-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Like people have already been saying... the only way to learn more about how to analyze the game is to post and read and watch the games. I've learned so much from some of the guys on this board. I know about ten times as much about the game than I did when I first started posting... and I'm still quite overwhelmed sometimes. Some of the stuff some of these guys come up with, you think they oughtta be working for an NFL team.

But don't be afraid to post. I still dunno S**T... but I still have over 2000 posts here... what does that tell ya ;)

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Don't worry guys you couldn't have any worse posts than Phil and MIKEY !!!

Shiny Chicken
Originally posted by TypicalBill

Now that's funny!!

BillsNick
Originally posted by lordofgun
I told my wife that we signed Milloy and she said she didn't give a crap. :(

LOL!!! :lol!:

Earthquake Enyart
09-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

:rofl: Another mind reader.

They made Mikey a moderator. :bigmike: There's hope for anybody. Sit and learn, my boy.

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

:lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!::lol!:

Bulldog
09-04-2003, 02:40 PM
[i] and smacked her in the butt. :D [/B]

I just think that it's great that your wife takes it in the can!:cp:

That is what you meant right?:eek:

Pride
09-04-2003, 02:49 PM
OMFG!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

eyedog
09-04-2003, 03:06 PM

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I just think that it's great that your wife takes it in the can!:cp:

That is what you meant right?:eek:

once... but this is the wrong forum..

HEY! wait a minute.... :chuk:

eyedog
09-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Don't worry about not having much knowledge about the Bills and football, most don't. You'll fit right in. There.
That should piss a few people off.

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by eyedog

that was your best post yet! :D

Patrick76777
09-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
What a stupid post!

Jesus BF1 is fuuny. LMAO!

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Pride

Our motto here is to attack the post, not the poster. Generally people do really well about that here, and we try to enforce it.

the mods will let it slide if you blow off steam on Wys Guy though :D

and wys has a good enough nature to take the abuse 99.9% of the time.

:duel:

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Jesus BF1 is fuuny. LMAO!

thank god no one has ever accused you of that! :D

Patrick76777
09-04-2003, 03:15 PM
If someone makes me laugh I gotta let them know. I don't throw around LMAO's. Each one I use is true.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 03:18 PM
If someone makes me laugh I gotta let them know. I don't throw around LMAO's. Each one I use is true.

Pat doesn't even reply to my posts. The LMAO is a given. :D

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Don't worry about not having much knowledge about the Bills and football, most don't. You'll fit right in. There.
That should piss a few people off.

We shoulda released Crowell. :snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2003, 03:20 PM

Are you still shunning me log?

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Are you still shunning me log?

No, not anymore.

Patrick76777
09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
The big four from me are Thurm, Log, Bf1 and EE. They get a lot of LMAO's.

lordofgun
09-04-2003, 03:22 PM
I mostly laugh at thurm. :D

eyedog
09-04-2003, 03:30 PM

Thats what I'm talking about. You've been talking with that Mike too much.

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2003, 03:31 PM

:club:

Patrick76777
09-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Thurm's good to laugh at.

THATHURMANATOR
09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Thurm's good to laugh at.

Thanks pat!

The_Philster
09-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I cried when I got home from work yesterday and my fiancee asked me if the Bills picked up Milloy. The gal is coming around. Not only is she getting into football, she is showing signs of liking the Bills. I had a "moment."

ok, ok I didn't actually cry! Crying is for sissies. But I was kind of happy.
Sounds like a keeper :up:

:eek: Oh, that's it
THURM :chair: Phil
That awning is coming down Opening Day...I'm throwing YOU through it!! :mad:

:D

The_Philster
09-04-2003, 05:21 PM

Don't we all? :D

helmetguy
09-04-2003, 05:27 PM

...But you'll sure as hell try, huh Thurm??? See ya Sunday!

Sabre Ally
09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

That awning is coming down Opening Day...I'm throwing YOU through it!! :mad:

:D

:party: Wait until the second half! I don't want to miss it.

socalfan
09-04-2003, 08:26 PM
I....... I have even been slammed on other boards

Being new here there is one thing that I learned that you should never ever ever do....and that is refer to Sabre Ally as he, him, dude, or guy........she doesn't appreciate it.

Welcome!

Sabre Ally
09-04-2003, 09:21 PM
:lol: