PDA

View Full Version : Jets Week

YardRat
09-04-2023, 09:54 AM
IMO this game comes down to Allen and the offense containing Q, Brother Q and Mosley, and Sauce. This may be the best defense the Bills see all season. The offensive line better be focused and on point, and Josh better take the next step and play smarter football. I don't want to see any hero ball, I want to see a brilliant surgeon with a killer instinct.

We'll finally get to see our own D under different leadership, too.

Turf
09-04-2023, 10:05 AM
They'd better resort to a short quick passing game to offset the Jet's DLine.

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Their D is good. Our OL is terrible. Diggs is good, Knox is above average, Kinkaid may be good. After that, we have no skill players to help Allen. It’s going to come down to Allen doing it himself.

On D, their O isn’t elite but improved by adding Rodgers. Our D got worse because we lost Edmunds. I do think Edmunds was overrated and got overpaid but we are back to the drought-era mentality. We didn’t replace him with anyone equal or better.

It’s hard to see how we win this game. I think this year is going to be a setback, and the cap is a mess next year so itlooms like a rebuild rather than some quick fixes. The window isn’t closing. It’s already slammed shut.

I don’t think Josh will ever win a SB. His physical playing style- whole effective and fun to watch- will shorten his career. By the time we finish the rebuild, he won’t have enough left in the tank to get it done.

YardRat
09-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Their D is good. Our OL is terrible. Diggs is good, Knox is above average, Kinkaid may be good. After that, we have no skill players to help Allen. It’s going to come down to Allen doing it himself.

On D, their O isn’t elite but improved by adding Rodgers. Our D got worse because we lost Edmunds. I do think Edmunds was overrated and got overpaid but we are back to the drought-era mentality. We didn’t replace him with anyone equal or better.

It’s hard to see how we win this game. I think this year is going to be a setback, and the cap is a mess next year so itlooms like a rebuild rather than some quick fixes. The window isn’t closing. It’s already slammed shut.

I don’t think Josh will ever win a SB. His physical playing style- whole effective and fun to watch- will shorten his career. By the time we finish the rebuild, he won’t have enough left in the tank to get it done.

This is exactly what can't happen. The is the exact game Allen needs to show growth.

notacon
09-04-2023, 12:36 PM
IMO this game comes down to Allen and the offense containing Q, Brother Q and Mosley, and Sauce. This may be the best defense the Bills see all season. The offensive line better be focused and on point, and Josh better take the next step and play smarter football. I don't want to see any hero ball, I want to see a brilliant surgeon with a killer instinct.

We'll finally get to see our own D under different leadership, too.

Except the defends is NOT "under different leadership”. It’s always been McD’s defense. Too many mistakenly believe that Frazier worked in a vacuum. That’s silly.

THE reason that Frazier was not replaced was because there is little change. It was always McD’s defense. No matter who is calling the plays.

notacon
09-04-2023, 12:39 PM

LOSER TALK!!!! Gee, you are mid-season form already!!!! :rofl:

I actually like it when you predict doom and gloom. Because almost all of your (incredibly negative) predictions are usually woefully wrong.

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 06:10 PM
This is exactly what can't happen. The is the exact game Allen needs to show growth.

Oh I agree, but if he hasn’t shown that growth yet, IMO he won’t. If we get down by two scores he’s gonna start airing it out toward Sauce instead of taking the easy underneath routes and it won’t go well.

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 06:12 PM
LOSER TALK!!!! Gee, you are mid-season form already!!!! :rofl:

I actually like it when you predict doom and gloom. Because almost all of your (incredibly negative) predictions are usually woefully wrong.
Making it about me is how you ignore the reality.

It’s not about me because I’m far from the only one who shares these concerns. Just this past weekend, I talked to two Bills fans who have very similar concerns (one who posts here, one who doesn’t).

Novacane
09-04-2023, 06:17 PM
The Bills really need to win this game to slap the idiotic NY media in the mouth! I listen to NYC talk radio to catch Yankees talk and these morons have Rodgers the prohibitive MVP favorite and the season is a failure if the Jets don't win the SB. It's sickening. If they win Monday night it's going to get 100 times worse.

Novacane
09-04-2023, 06:21 PM

It’s not about me because I’m far from the only one who shares these concerns. Just this past weekend, I talked to two Bills fans who have very similar concerns (one who posts here, one who doesn’t).

I share your concerns but you always take it to far by adding this nonsense It’s hard to see how we win this game They're playing the fricken NY Jets. It's a coin flip as far as I'm concerned. They may lose but you're going overboard as you always do.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-04-2023, 06:40 PM

Copyright Eeyore 2023

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 06:41 PM
I share your concerns but you always take it to far by adding this nonsense It’s hard to see how we win this game They're playing the fricken NY Jets. It's a coin flip as far as I'm concerned. They may lose but you're going overboard as you always do.
Am I? Their strength is their D. Our biggest of our many weaknesses is the OL.

It’s in their house. Their team and their fans will be amped for Rodgers’ first game. And our D lost Edmunds and still doesn’t have Miller back.

This is a bad matchup. Again, easier to make it about me than to look at the facts.

Novacane
09-04-2023, 08:17 PM

It’s in their house. Their team and their fans will be amped for Rodgers’ first game. And our D lost Edmunds and still doesn’t have Miller back.

This is a bad matchup. Again, easier to make it about me than to look at the facts.

Stop it. It's not about you. You basically said they can't win this game. I'm gonna call out that kind of foolishness.

Novacane
09-04-2023, 08:19 PM

You're obtuse. I said I share your concerns. I'm just not a drama queens who has to throw in they can't win this game baloney. You make it about you. Everyone knows it.

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 08:28 PM
Stop it. It's not about you. You basically said they can't win this game. I'm gonna call out that kind of foolishness.

I said it’s hard to see how they win this game and I gave good reasons why. Don’t put words in my mouth while ignoring what I actually said, then accuse me of foolishness.

- - - Updated - - -

You're obtuse. I said I share your concerns. I'm just not a drama queens who has to throw in they can't win this game baloney. You make it about you. Everyone knows it.

Once again, not what I said.

Goobylal
09-04-2023, 09:26 PM

The OL isn't terrible and is far better than it was last year. I'm looking forward to seeing Torrence on Q.

OpIv37
09-04-2023, 09:39 PM
The OL isn't terrible and is far better than it was last year. I'm looking forward to seeing Torrence on Q.

Torrence is an unknown rookie. Other than him, we cut the guys who weren’t good enough last year and replaced them with question marks. And even if Torrence is good, he’s one of 5. Dawkins is good, Morse is good if he’s healthy. There’s zero depth.

Turf
09-04-2023, 10:09 PM
This season IMO is on Dorsey. He makes or breaks it. Jet's are also acting pretty cocky. We all know what pride brings.

Goobylal
09-04-2023, 10:29 PM
Torrence is an unknown rookie. Other than him, we cut the guys who weren’t good enough last year and replaced them with question marks. And even if Torrence is good, he’s one of 5. Dawkins is good, Morse is good if he’s healthy. There’s zero depth.

Not true. They signed McGovern and Edwards who were both good OGs. And Spencer is finally healthy again. They have Bates to backup all 5 positions. And Van Demark looked good and probably is the future LT, maybe by next year.

jamze132
09-04-2023, 11:07 PM
I don’t have a lot of confidence for us to get off to a good start this year but I expect them to turn it on later when it counts.

YardRat
09-05-2023, 06:02 AM
The Bills really need to win this game to slap the idiotic NY media in the mouth! I listen to NYC talk radio to catch Yankees talk and these morons have Rodgers the prohibitive MVP favorite and the season is a failure if the Jets don't win the SB. It's sickening. If they win Monday night it's going to get 100 times worse.

They should believe a SB is within their reach. With Rodgers, it certainly is.

Last season against the Jets Allen threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs. In both games, combined. 205 yards, and 147 yards. He was sacked 8 times. He was the leading rushers, attempts and yards, in both games. 20 points and 17 points scored by the offense. Yeah, it's absolutely a toss up.

Chet
09-05-2023, 06:05 AM

I can see us winning this game because the Jets have a lot of bust potential. Much like the Bills, they are weak in the coaching department and their OL is in shambles. That being said, other than QB, WR1 and possibly TE, the Jets are better at arguably ever other position (maybe Bills have the advantage at safety too, but age/health will determine that). Rodgers is no slouch either, he’s only a couple years removed from being MVP. Wilson is also looking like a future star as well, winning OROY despite having plumbers and ice cream truck drivers as his QBs last year.
I still think Jets win this one due to home opener, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Bills pulled it off.
Josh can win a SB only if new coaching is around him. If we had a Shanahan or Reid (or Daboll!), it would only be a matter of time. He can’t win a SB with McDermott unless Dorsey does a 180 and shows significant growth and creativity.

Unpopular opinion, but if this team stumbles out the gate and is hovering around .500 through week 10 or so, I hope they crash and burn spectacularly so coaching change HAS to be made. Imagine the excitement we would have if you could combine Josh’s talents with an innovative offensive mind?

DraftBoy
09-05-2023, 07:04 AM
For me, the key is Cook. We likely won't be able to establish a running game inside the tackles, so we need Cook to press the boundary and get outside and force the Jets to chase sideline to sideline. This will help somewhat limit the impact of Quinnen Williams in the run game. Mosley is a great run plugger, but the one area he's not as strong in is his lateral agility, if we can set the edge than I think we can rip off some big runs to help move the chains and keep pressure off Josh.

If I was Dorsey, I'd come out in two TE sets with both Kincaid and Knox in line just to add a little help in the blocking scheme. You should be able to run and pass out of this formation type, if Dorsey is calling the game right. I'd also use a ton of motion with Diggs and the TE's to get an idea of what the defense is looking to do. Salah's defense is going to attack us with blitzes, twists, and stunts, we need to be ready for that.

My biggest fear against their defense is Carl Lawson against Spencer Brown. He may need help all night slowing down Lawson.

On defense, I think it's more of the bend don't break approach. Rogers is going to get his with Wilson, Lazard, and Hardman. The key is can we prevent Hall, Cook, and Carter from hurting us in the running game. There will be a ton of pressure on Dodson/Bernard/Williams to make some plays opposite Milano. If we start getting gashed in the run game then its going to be a shootout. My best hope is that Floyd and Rousseau can get home a couple of times on Rogers and either force a bad pass for an INT or kill drives with a big sack. It would also be nice if Ed Oliver had a career game.

In the end I expect this one to be close, but its a winnable game for the Bills. I don't think the Jets at this point can outscore us, if we call a smart game and Allen makes smart decisions with the ball. My focus would be on controlling the ball and keeping Rogers off the field. A big return or two from Harty wouldn't hurt either.

Forward_Lateral
09-05-2023, 07:31 AM
I'm interested to watch 2 things, in particular.

1.) How the O-line holds up and how Dorsey calls plays to help them out

2.) How McDermott calls the defense. Will he be much more aggressive than Frazier? Will it be the same ho-hum bend but don't break, but eventually break defense? Will they have a pass rush that actually disrupts?

Goobylal
09-05-2023, 10:50 AM

Last season against the Jets Allen threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs. In both games, combined. 205 yards, and 147 yards. He was sacked 8 times. He was the leading rushers, attempts and yards, in both games. 20 points and 17 points scored by the offense. Yeah, it's absolutely a toss up.

Rodgers has had several chances to win a SB the past 3 years with the Packers and has come up small. I don't expect that to change with the Jets. And he feasted on a weak division.

Forward_Lateral
09-05-2023, 01:18 PM

Rodgers in his prime, I agree 100%.

Now? I don't think he can do nearly as much as he could when he was younger, and last year showed it.

notacon
09-05-2023, 01:53 PM

:rofl: The extreme negativity and predictions of gloom and doom every ****ing year IS “all about YOU”.

As is your lousy record of being wrong almost all the time with your sour puss expectations.

Trying to suggest that your negativity is any more valid because of two other Bills fans you talked to is silly to the extreme. I could not care less that one of the other sour pusses that agrees with you is “one who posts here”.

This site is mostly negative towards the Bills. It’s mostly just annoying.

sukie
09-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Well he is always correct on the bills season ending in a thud.

notacon
09-05-2023, 02:06 PM

EXACTLY!!!!

We’ve seen the same kind of garbage from Opi ear after year. “the Bills just can't beat the Titans’. 'There is no way Belichick does not beat the Bills'. ‘It’s hard to see how the Bills beat the LA Rams in LA’...and on and on and on.

It’s also the full national “idiotic” media that needs a slap in the mouth. The slobbering over Rodgers and the Jets is so over-the-top absurd.

This game is close to a “coin flip”. Everything favors a close NYJ win....with Rodgers in full “shove it it their (meaning Green Bay) face mode”...bringing the whole team into an emotional tizzy.

The Bills are is a great place to smack them down too. The NFL schedule makers knew what they were doing with this one.

notacon
09-05-2023, 02:12 PM
Well he is always correct on the bills season ending in a thud.

Oh, you mean predicting that the Bills will not WIN the SB?!?!? :rofl: That’s the east prediction to make for ANY team EVERY year. It’s a cowedly prediction.

As I’ve have accurately pointed out before, one could “predict” that EVERY SINGLE TEAM “will not win a SB this year” and be CORRECT NINETY EIGHT PERCENT of the time.

It’s an irrelevant metric.

What IS relevant is when he predicted a 2-5 start last season. Of when he predicted the Bills would not win the AFC east..and on and on and on. I have detailed his sour puss and WRONG predictions for several years now.

It’s tedious to have to keep on reminding just how terrible his predictions are....year after year after year after year.

OpIv37
09-05-2023, 02:13 PM
:rofl: The extreme negativity and predictions of gloom and doom every ****ing year IS “all about YOU”.

As is your lousy record of being wrong almost all the time with your sour puss expectations.

Trying to suggest that your negativity is any more valid because of two other Bills fans you talked to is silly to the extreme. I could not care less that one of the other sour pusses that agrees with you is “one who posts here”.

This site is mostly negative towards the Bills. It’s mostly just annoying.
And as usual, you’ve done nothing to address the points I made and instead made it all about my “negativity.”

Goobylal
09-05-2023, 02:14 PM
Oh, you mean predicting that the Bills will not WIN the SB?!?!? :rofl: That’s the east prediction to make for ANY team EVERY year. It’s a cowedly prediction.

As I’ve have accurately pointed out before, one could “predict” that EVERY SINGLE TEAM “will not win a SB this year” and be CORRECT NINETY EIGHT PERCENT of the time.

It’s an irrelevant metric.

What IS relevant is when he predicted a 2-5 start last season. Of when he predicted the Bills would not win the AFC east..and on and on and on. I have detailed his sour puss and WRONG predictions for several years now.

It’s tedious to have to keep on reminding just how terrible his predictions are....year after year after year after year.

And then when they do win the SB, it's "finally!" or "I am so glad to be wrong" or "well if it weren't for the other team..."

GreedoII
09-05-2023, 04:46 PM
doesn't matter....just get in the dance and see what happens.

Woodman
09-05-2023, 04:52 PM
doesn't matter....just get in the dance and see what happens.

exactly!

Oaf
09-05-2023, 08:30 PM
It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I don't mind taking an L early to highlight gaps that might otherwise cost us late.

With that said, I'm going to this game so truly hope we get a win.

Goobylal
09-05-2023, 09:11 PM
They lost to the Jets once last year and still handily won the division.

OpIv37
09-05-2023, 09:35 PM
They lost to the Jets once last year and still handily won the division.
They’ll be lucky to go 3-3 in the Div.

Goobylal
09-05-2023, 09:51 PM
They’ll be lucky to go 3-3 in the Div.

LOL! There he is...

OpIv37
09-05-2023, 11:11 PM
LOL! There he is...

Jets and Miami got better. We did not. They will each take at least one from us. Patriots are def 4th in the Div but you can never completely count out BB. So, the remaining 4 are toss ups and we won’t win all 4.

YardRat
09-06-2023, 06:15 AM
Rodgers has had several chances to win a SB the past 3 years with the Packers and has come up small. I don't expect that to change with the Jets. And he feasted on a weak division.
That's the playoffs. This is the regular season. Where the Jets have already given Allen and the Bills trouble with less talent, especially at QB.

Rodgers in his prime, I agree 100%.

Now? I don't think he can do nearly as much as he could when he was younger, and last year showed it.

I don't think he needs to do as much, he hasn't had a defense like this backing him for several years.

Historian
09-06-2023, 07:49 AM
Truth be told, Rodgers hasn't looked good in years....losing the Championship game at home to Tampa was the de facto end to his career.

Like Farve, this experiment will fail.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 08:16 AM
Truth be told, Rodgers hasn't looked good in years....losing the Championship game at home to Tampa was the de facto end to his career.

Thing is. Rodgers doesn’t have to be good. He just has to be better than the losers the Jets had the last couple of years to make them competitive.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 10:21 AM
Jets and Miami got better. We did not. They will each take at least one from us. Patriots are def 4th in the Div but you can never completely count out BB. So, the remaining 4 are toss ups and we won’t win all 4.

Miami got better? LOL! Where? Their big acquisition, Jalen Ramsey, will probably miss the entire season after surgery. Meanwhile the Bills got better all over. And Tua is one concussion away from retirement.

The Jets got better, true. The Bills split with them last year and at worst should again.

The Cheats are 2 wins.

At worst the Bills go 3-3. I'd say 4-2 again is likely.

That's the playoffs. This is the regular season. Where the Jets have already given Allen and the Bills trouble with less talent, especially at QB.

I don't think he needs to do as much, he hasn't had a defense like this backing him for several years.

He was brought there to win a SB. He's got 2 years left at best and then they're back to the drawing board.

That's what I'm thinking.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 10:40 AM
It’s shocking to me that people think the Bills somehow got better. We lost Edmunds. We added Floyd and some rookies. Everyone else got to add rookies too.

Woodman
09-06-2023, 10:44 AM

Like Favre, this experiment will fail.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:cheers:

Woodman
09-06-2023, 10:49 AM
It’s shocking to me that people think the Bills somehow got better. We lost Edmunds. We added Floyd and some rookies. Everyone else got to add rookies too.

We improved our RB situation imo.

No Moss.

We improved our secondary .... Rapp and a healthy White.

We improved our OL Bobby Hart and Saffold gone.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 10:54 AM

LOL! Forgetting the rookies, the Bills added Floyd, Ford, Rapp, McGovern, Edwards, Sherfield, Harty, Harris and Murray, and most recently, Kirksey. Who did the Dols add except Ramsey, who as I said will likely miss most, if not all, of the season?

Woodman
09-06-2023, 10:56 AM
LOL! Forgetting the rookies, the Bills added Floyd, Ford, Rapp, McGovern, Edwards, Sherfield, Harty, Harris and Murray, and most recently, Kirksey. Who did the Dols add except Ramsey, who as I said will likely miss most, if not all, of the season?

Another Bingo! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

:gobills:

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 11:00 AM
We improved our RB situation imo.

No Moss.

We improved our secondary .... Rapp and a healthy White.

We improved our OL Bobby Hart and Saffold gone.
We changed our OL. It’s a stretch to say it’s improved. Same with RB.

We had a heathy secondary in 2021. It got us 13 seconds. Also I doubt Poyer, White and Hyde will all stay healthy for the whole season.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 11:02 AM

Yeah, a lot of depth and practice squad guys there. No real difference makers. And are we forgetting that the Fish hung with us with their 3rd string QB in the playoffs?

Woodman
09-06-2023, 11:03 AM

We had a heathy secondary in 2021. It got us 13 seconds. Also I doubt Poyer, White and Hyde will all stay healthy for the whole season.

It's totally improved.

RB adding Harris Murray and ditching Moss also much much improved.

We improved the secondary without question with adding Rapp and finally after over a year getting White to full health.

You doubt some will stay healthy for the season ...... that's bold not.

Woodman
09-06-2023, 11:05 AM
Yeah, a lot of depth and practice squad guys there. No real difference makers. And are we forgetting that the Fish hung with us with their 3rd string QB in the playoffs?
Just sad buddy. :rofl:

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Harris Murray

Woodman
09-06-2023, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Harris Murray

Yeah, vets!

notacon
09-06-2023, 01:07 PM

No it’s not on both counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Baloney.

Forward_Lateral
09-06-2023, 01:43 PM

Tre White was not playing in the 13 second game.

Please stop making stuff up

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 02:22 PM

White didn't play in the 13 seconds game. And the OL is clearly better after dumping Saffold (who apparently and sadly isn't doing too well) and Torrence got the start over Bates so that's an upgrade there as well. And Brown is finally healthy. That's 3 upgrades.

So wait, depth is bad now? LOL! No, they'll all contribute and several will make a difference. Meanwhile they all made the 53-man roster so they're not PS guys.

But again, what did the Dols do? Nothing.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 02:39 PM
White didn't play in the 13 seconds game. And the OL is clearly better after dumping Saffold (who apparently and sadly isn't doing too well) and Torrence got the start over Bates so that's an upgrade there as well. And Brown is finally healthy. That's 3 upgrades.

So wait, depth is bad now? LOL! No, they'll all contribute and several will make a difference. Meanwhile they all made the 53-man roster so they're not PS guys.

But again, what did the Dols do? Nothing.

My bad on the 13 seconds game.

Torrence has never played in an NFL game. As far as Saffold, we got rid of a bad player. But Bills fans should know as well as anyone that it's only half of the equation. We need to replace him with someone better. We replaced him with another no-name.

No, depth is NOT bad. But we need our starters to be better to catch up with KC and Cincy, and keep NJ-B and the Fish from gaining ground on us. We didn't do that. We weren't good enough last year and we tread water this offseason because of a lack of cap space.

Remember, Miami hung with us in Buffalo in January with a 3rd string QB last year. Getting Tua back alone puts them ahead of us.

This is going to be a 3 team dogfight for the div.

Forward_Lateral
09-06-2023, 03:01 PM
OPI, seriously. How does Miami getting Tua back put them ahead of the Bills? Please explain.

They were 1-1 in the regular season with Miami. They lost 21-19 and won 32-29. How do you automatically put them in front of the Bills because Tua is back? Honestly, I think you just sit in front of your computer and think up stupid things to say to see if you can get a reaction.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 03:14 PM
My bad on the 13 seconds game.

Torrence has never played in an NFL game. As far as Saffold, we got rid of a bad player. But Bills fans should know as well as anyone that it's only half of the equation. We need to replace him with someone better. We replaced him with another no-name.

No, depth is NOT bad. But we need our starters to be better to catch up with KC and Cincy, and keep NJ-B and the Fish from gaining ground on us. We didn't do that. We weren't good enough last year and we tread water this offseason because of a lack of cap space.

Remember, Miami hung with us in Buffalo in January with a 3rd string QB last year. Getting Tua back alone puts them ahead of us.

This is going to be a 3 team dogfight for the div.

Tua went 0-5 his last 4 starts. And the odds of him finishing the season are zero.

And you still haven't shown was acquisitions Miami made to pull ahead of the Bills. Because they haven't (since Ramsey got hurt). That just means they're further behind the team that was 2-1 against them and should have been 3-0 if not for stupid scheduling.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 03:16 PM
OPI, seriously. How does Miami getting Tua back put them ahead of the Bills? Please explain.

They were 1-1 in the regular season with Miami. They lost 21-19 and won 32-29. How do you automatically put them in front of the Bills because Tua is back? Honestly, I think you just sit in front of your computer and think up stupid things to say to see if you can get a reaction.

I didn't realize Ramsey was injured. With Ramsey and Tua, they are clearly better than us. They don't have Ramsey, but they almost beat us in the playoffs, in Buffalo, with a 3rd string QB. If Tua was healthy, they probably win the playoff game too.

The Dolphins are much better than most here are giving them credit for. They will challenge for the division.

Ginger Vitis
09-06-2023, 03:38 PM
A little reminder... the bills have for 3 years straight won the game that OPI said was the " least winnable" on schedule.. I think this year OPIV has called the eagles game the least winnable

Chet
09-06-2023, 03:43 PM
Look more at the sidelines than the field itself. Miami has a brilliant, young, and innovative offensive mind calling the plays while they just signed one of the most respected DC’s in the game.

Much like the Jets, Miami is better than the Bills at nearly every position except QB and TE. As far as coaching, it’s not even close. You have guys with exotic schemes vs Coach Clap and a in-over-his-head Dorsey

Ginger Vitis
09-06-2023, 03:43 PM
I didn't realize Ramsey was injured.

This is a good example of why you are wrong so often..you dont pay attention to what is currently happening around the NFL.... You base your opinions on what has happened in the past and your preconceived notions that are out of date or have no bearing on the present

Chet
09-06-2023, 03:46 PM
EDIT: That said, we have a unicorn at QB who is the great equalizer, and I have faith he can still win this division despite those circumstances. The conference? Nope, but definitely capable of the division

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 04:34 PM
I didn't realize Ramsey was injured. With Ramsey and Tua, they are clearly better than us. They don't have Ramsey, but they almost beat us in the playoffs, in Buffalo, with a 3rd string QB. If Tua was healthy, they probably win the playoff game too.

The Dolphins are much better than most here are giving them credit for. They will challenge for the division.

No with Tua and Ramsey they weren't clearly better than us. Without Ramsey they're definitely worse and Tua's probably gone for good by week 5. There's no way he's not getting another concussion somewhere in the first quarter of the season.

And who cares what happened in the playoff game? They still won. If you want to play that game, if not for that stupid scheduling that had them playing in the heat of Miami after a MNF game, Miami doesn't even make the playoffs.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 04:38 PM
No with Tua and Ramsey they weren't clearly better than us. Without Ramsey they're definitely worse and Tua's probably gone for good by week 5. There's no way he's not getting another concussion somewhere in the first quarter of the season.

And who cares what happened in the playoff game? They still won. If you want to play that game, if not for that stupid scheduling that had them playing in the heat of Miami after a MNF game, Miami doesn't even make the playoffs.
They beat us once last year and almost beat us in the playoffs without Tua or Ramsey. Those two players easily get them over the top. I don’t know why you refuse to see that.

Novacane
09-06-2023, 04:42 PM

Only challenge for the division? You said they're clearly better than us.

Novacane
09-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Every years is different. Teams that are supposed to be good aren't and teams that are supposed to stink don't every single year. No one knows anything until we see them play. Keep talking out your ass.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 05:17 PM
Every years is different. Teams that are supposed to be good aren't and teams that are supposed to stink don't every single year. No one knows anything until we see them play. Keep talking out your ass.
Hmmmm. Funny how you never say this when people are predicting 14-3.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 05:59 PM
They beat us once last year and almost beat us in the playoffs without Tua or Ramsey. Those two players easily get them over the top. I don’t know why you refuse to see that.

I don't know why you refuse to see that the Bills almost swept them in the regular season and that would have made them miss the playoffs. So even if we take the "almosts" the Bills are still 2-1 against them and they did nothing to gain ground on the Bills, while the Bills separated themselves more.

YardRat
09-06-2023, 06:08 PM
Miami got better? LOL! Where? Their big acquisition, Jalen Ramsey, will probably miss the entire season after surgery. Meanwhile the Bills got better all over. And Tua is one concussion away from retirement.

The Jets got better, true. The Bills split with them last year and at worst should again.

The Cheats are 2 wins.

At worst the Bills go 3-3. I'd say 4-2 again is likely.

Vic Fangio should be enough, but also David Long, Jr. Berrios. White at QB2 if Tua gets dinged.

He was brought there to win a SB. He's got 2 years left at best and then they're back to the drawing board.

OK, I don't disagree, but that statement is irrelevant to Monday Night, or even this season.

That's what I'm thinking.

We'll see.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 06:21 PM
I don't know why you refuse to see that the Bills almost swept them in the regular season and that would have made them miss the playoffs. So even if we take the "almosts" the Bills are still 2-1 against them and they did nothing to gain ground on the Bills, while the Bills separated themselves more.

You’re simply wrong. The Bills did not improve. We lost Edmunds and gained no one of note. Them plus Tua beats us minus Edmunds.

YardRat
09-06-2023, 06:56 PM
You’re simply wrong. The Bills did not improve. We lost Edmunds and gained no one of note. Them plus Tua beats us minus Edmunds.

Ehhh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with 'no one'. Floyd, Poona, Rapp on defense. Kincaid and Harris on offense. They are all pretty significant adds.

Forward_Lateral
09-06-2023, 07:07 PM
Ehhh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with 'no one'. Floyd, Poona, Rapp on defense. Kincaid and Harris on offense. They are all pretty significant adds.

Just ignore him. He gets no joy in life.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-06-2023, 07:38 PM

And the season opener is nationally televised, making you pay for NOTHING! NOTHING! /wingstop girl

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 07:41 PM
Vic Fangio should be enough, but also David Long, Jr. Berrios. White at QB2 if Tua gets dinged.

OK, I don't disagree, but that statement is irrelevant to Monday Night, or even this season.

Fangio is so overrated. Josh ripped his Defense in Denver a new one when he played them last. Berrios is at best a replacement for Sherfield. White is a guy who throws more INTs than TDs and is a downgrade from Tua. And David Long? Oh and they also Gesicki. And again their big FA acquisition, Ramsey, will miss most if not all of the season.

The Bills were 2-1 against them and got better while Miami got worse. Do the math.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Fangio is so overrated. Josh ripped his Defense in Denver a new one when he played them last. Berrios is at best a replacement for Sherfield. White is a guy who throws more INTs than TDs and is a downgrade from Tua. And David Long? Oh and they also Gesicki. And again their big FA acquisition, Ramsey, will miss most if not all of the season.

The Bills were 2-1 against them and got better while Miami got worse. Do the math.
We. Did. Not. Get. Better. Lost edmunds, replaced him with no one, added no one of note. They nearly beat us at home with a third string QB and now they have their first stringer back. Do the math.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 07:52 PM
And the season opener is nationally televised, making you pay for NOTHING! NOTHING! /wingstop girl

1. It doesn’t matter because I paid for the package for all the games I can’t get.
2. We have to wait longer for our season to start than any team except the Jets
3. I have to be in DC for work the next day, which means I will have to leave the house at 6 am and sit in traffic for two hours after being up til 12 am to watch the game.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 08:31 PM
We. Did. Not. Get. Better. Lost edmunds, replaced him with no one, added no one of note. They nearly beat us at home with a third string QB and now they have their first stringer back. Do the math.

That's all you have? Edmunds? LOL! Who did Miami add again? Oh yeah, the guy who will miss most of the season and who was supposed to help a weak secondary.

And Tua was winless for the month of December and then got another concussion. Their backup might have been the better option and he still fell short. This year the Bills will get them in Buffalo early in the season and then play them the last game of the season when it's cool in Miami. And they won't have to worry about facing them in the post-season and "almost" losing to them.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 08:59 PM
That's all you have? Edmunds? LOL! Who did Miami add again? Oh yeah, the guy who will miss most of the season and who was supposed to help a weak secondary.

And Tua was winless for the month of December and then got another concussion. Their backup might have been the better option and he still fell short. This year the Bills will get them in Buffalo early in the season and then play them the last game of the season when it's cool in Miami. And they won't have to worry about facing them in the post-season and "almost" losing to them.
Who do they need to add? They almost beat us with a 3rd sting QB. They have their first stringer back. And they’ll eventually have Ramsey.

And somehow, in this conversation, we’ve lost sight of the bigger goal. Miami caught us, but they weren’t the problem. KC and Cincy were. They are still way ahead of us. Even if I’m wrong and Miami isn’t a threat, those two teams still have us.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 09:09 PM
Who do they need to add? They almost beat us with a 3rd sting QB. They have their first stringer back. And they’ll eventually have Ramsey.

And somehow, in this conversation, we’ve lost sight of the bigger goal. Miami caught us, but they weren’t the problem. KC and Cincy were. They are still way ahead of us. Even if I’m wrong and Miami isn’t a threat, those two teams still have us.

Considering they went 1-2 and should have gone 0-3...a lot. And it's funny you talk just about Tua missing the game and not all the Bills players that missed games against Miami. But there's no chance he survives the season and I have no idea why you fancy he will. And by the time Ramsey comes back, their season will be over.

Miami got close. They didn't catch us. And that was the point of this discussion, not the other 2 teams.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 09:16 PM
Considering they went 1-2 and should have gone 0-3...a lot. And it's funny you talk just about Tua missing the game and not all the Bills players that missed games against Miami. But there's no chance he survives the season and I have no idea why you fancy he will. And by the time Ramsey comes back, their season will be over.

Miami got close. They didn't catch us. And that was the point of this discussion, not the other 2 teams.
Stopped reading after “should have gone 0-3.” They would have beat us in the playoffs if Tua played. They caught us last year if it wasn’t for bad injury luck.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 09:43 PM
Stopped reading after “should have gone 0-3.” They would have beat us in the playoffs if Tua played. They caught us last year if it wasn’t for bad injury luck.

Bad injury luck? For just the Dols? LOL! That's a good one. If you're going to troll, at least try not to suck at it.

With both teams at full strength, the Bills sweep them handily. Injuries are part of the game, you see. There is no "well, if X player had just played." I'll give them Tua and all the key players the Bills lost and take that trade any day of the week.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Bad injury luck? For just the Dols? LOL! That's a good one. If you're going to troll, at least try not to suck at it.

With both teams at full strength, the Bills sweep them handily. Injuries are part of the game, you see. There is no "well, if X player had just played." I'll give them Tua and all the key players the Bills lost and take that trade any day of the week.

No. They beat us in the playoffs if Tua plays, period. There is no argument otherwise.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 10:03 PM
No. They beat us in the playoffs if Tua plays, period. There is no argument otherwise.

There's no proof of that. You have nothing. They lost.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 10:10 PM
There's no proof of that. You have nothing. They lost.

By one score with a 3rd string QB. Pull your head out of the ****ing sand.

Goobylal
09-06-2023, 10:24 PM
By one score with a 3rd string QB. Pull your head out of the ****ing sand.

Tua played in Buffalo later in the season (part of that 4 games losing streak to end his season) and lost. So much for your theory. You can play "what if" but prior history says you have no idea what would have happened.

Tua's damaged goods. And you know why? Because Miami sacrificed his career for a win at home against the Bills. He won't make it through the season.

OpIv37
09-06-2023, 11:07 PM
Tua played in Buffalo later in the season (part of that 4 games losing streak to end his season) and lost. So much for your theory. You can play "what if" but prior history says you have no idea what would have happened.

Tua's damaged goods. And you know why? Because Miami sacrificed his career for a win at home against the Bills. He won't make it through the season.
But White will make it through the season? Poyer? Miller who is already on PUP? Hyde is already hurt too.

3-3 is the ceiling in the Div.

Bills lose that playoff game if Tua plays, period. If you don’t think Tua could have gotten one more score than the third stringer, you simply aren’t being objective or realistic.

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 07:07 AM
But White will make it through the season? Poyer? Miller who is already on PUP? Hyde is already hurt too.

Bills lose that playoff game if Tua plays, period. If you don’t think Tua could have gotten one more score than the third stringer, you simply aren’t being objective or realistic.

The other guys don't play QB, which is your entire argument. Except when it comes to the Bills and losing just Edmunds. :rolleyes:

The Bills will go 4-2 at worst in the division.

Tua lost a few weeks earlier. He would have lost again. I have evidence, you have nothing. But he didn't play because he's a concussion risk now. The odds he makes it to the last game of the season are nil.

sukie
09-07-2023, 07:37 AM
What they did last year… meaningless.

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 07:52 AM
What they did last year… meaningless.

Goddammit. This AGAIN.

Last year isn’t a perfect indicator. But it’s one of the few indicators we actually have. Neither team changed all that much. Coaching is mostly the same. QB is the same. The Bills are who they are: very good but not elite.

- - - Updated - - -

The other guys don't play QB, which is your entire argument. Except when it comes to the Bills and losing just Edmunds. :rolleyes:

The Bills will go 4-2 at worst in the division.

Tua lost a few weeks earlier. He would have lost again. I have evidence, you have nothing. But he didn't play because he's a concussion risk now. The odds he makes it to the last game of the season are nil.

Chet
09-07-2023, 08:08 AM
Goddammit. This AGAIN.

Last year isn’t a perfect indicator. But it’s one of the few indicators we actually have. Neither team changed all that much. Coaching is mostly the same. QB is the same. The Bills are who they are: very good but not elite.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d say 4-2 is the divisional ceiling. With that said, I agree about how maddening it is when people say last year doesn’t matter.

Do we have pretty much the same team? Same coaches? Any blue chip additions in draft or FA?

Yet this year will be different, right? Christ, our fan base has turned into Cubs fans pre-2016

sukie
09-07-2023, 08:52 AM
So the scores will be the same? Why play the game if pats history equals future performance? Seriously.

both you guys think the past exists. It’s a story. The past exists as much as the future does.

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 08:56 AM
I’d say 4-2 is the divisional ceiling. With that said, I agree about how maddening it is when people say last year doesn’t matter.

Do we have pretty much the same team? Same coaches? Any blue chip additions in draft or FA?

Yet this year will be different, right? Christ, our fan base has turned into Cubs fans pre-2016

It's not pretty much the same team or the same coaches. Again the only player they lost was Edmunds but signed Kirskey to replace him (eventually). They also added a bunch more players who will contribute significantly. Then you have McD taking over the defense.

sukie
09-07-2023, 08:58 AM
Actually quick counting has 1/3 of the roster different than last year this time. 17 new faces. But those 17 are identicsl to the players that are gone. No change. Dolphins and jets improved

Chet
09-07-2023, 09:14 AM
Actually quick counting has 1/3 of the roster different than last year this time. 17 new faces. But those 17 are identicsl to the players that are gone. No change. Dolphins and jets improved
Dolphins and Jets improved for sure, but I still think Bills are better for one more year. So of those 17 new faces, how many are you expecting to make a tangible impact and explain how you see Buffalo beating KC or Cincy when it counts

Chet
09-07-2023, 09:20 AM
It's not pretty much the same team or the same coaches. Again the only player they lost was Edmunds but signed Kirskey to replace him (eventually). They also added a bunch more players who will contribute significantly. Then you have McD taking over the defense.
They added rookies and scrubs. I love our first 2 picks but to expect them to be game changers out the gate is unrealistic. We lost Frazier (a net positive, I agree), but it’s the same coaching staff that has been abysmal at preparation and in game adjustments the last 2 seasons. Again I ask, what actual change have the Bills made that puts us above true contenders like KC or Cincy?

sukie
09-07-2023, 10:07 AM
Dolphins and Jets improved for sure, but I still think Bills are better for one more year. So of those 17 new faces, how many are you expecting to make a tangible impact and explain how you see Buffalo beating KC or Cincy when it counts

Bills know how to beat KC and Cincy. Play better football. I’m not gonna say that last 2 regular seasons of beating the chiefs means anything cuz it doesn’t.

I see Sherfield being a big contributor and even pushing Davis. I see Poon Ford being a run game upgrade I see Conner and the Irishman helping stabilize the line along with that Ifedi from Detroit. I see an impact of Floyd in the rush and making it scarier once Von is back pulling doubles. I see Rapp being a safety LB hybrid in some defensive looks. I see Kirksey filling the Edmunds hole just fine. I see An improved running back room . I see a healthier roster and to assume the same level of injury man games lost is fool hardy. I see a crazy potential in 12 personnel with Kincaid .

a much bigger matchup issue that DCs will need to account for. Last year it was stop digs.

Dorsey is now a year in and not a rookie.

Bills didn’t need massive changes like the teams below them.

oh…Josh Elbow Good

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 10:17 AM

I keep asking "where did the Dols improve?" All anyone can say is because Tua will be back, even though he lost his last 4 games and will never last because of concussions. Ramsey is gone for awhile leaving their weak secondary even weaker. The other guys they added are scrubs and rookies.

The Jets obviously improved. Will it be enough to do more than split with the Bills though, much less make the playoffs?

The Bills will be better for a long time. Tua's time in the NFL is short. They're not giving him a huge money contract after his (foolishly picked-up) 5th year option. Rodgers has basically this year to show what he's got. So in a year or two they're both looking for new QBs.

As for KC and Cincy, we'll see.

They added rookies and scrubs. I love our first 2 picks but to expect them to be game changers out the gate is unrealistic. We lost Frazier (a net positive, I agree), but it’s the same coaching staff that has been abysmal at preparation and in game adjustments the last 2 seasons. Again I ask, what actual change have the Bills made that puts us above true contenders like KC or Cincy?

No one said they'll be game-changers, although Floyd has been a 10 sack/year guy the past 3 years and has one of the highest pressure rates. A lot is getting guys like White and Hyde back, and healthy, Benford upgrading the 2nd CB spot and making Jackson (who did a good job as the #1 CB last year) and Elam good depth. Rapp is insurance for Poyer. Ford is a good DT to rotate in. Sherfield and Harty should be upgrades over McK and Crowder who was a bust last year. McGovern and Edwards being major upgrades over Saffold. Torrence being an upgrade over Bates, but Bates being insurance in case he's not. Knox not having to deal with his brother's death on the eve of the season. Etc.

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 10:28 AM
Bills know how to beat KC and Cincy. Play better football. I’m not gonna say that last 2 regular seasons of beating the chiefs means anything cuz it doesn’t.

I see Sherfield being a big contributor and even pushing Davis. I see Poon Ford being a run game upgrade I see Conner and the Irishman helping stabilize the line along with that Ifedi from Detroit. I see an impact of Floyd in the rush and making it scarier once Von is back pulling doubles. I see Rapp being a safety LB hybrid in some defensive looks. I see Kirksey filling the Edmunds hole just fine. I see An improved running back room . I see a healthier roster and to assume the same level of injury man games lost is fool hardy. I see a crazy potential in 12 personnel with Kincaid .

a much bigger matchup issue that DCs will need to account for. Last year it was stop digs.

oh…Josh Elbow Good

Bills know how to beat Cincy? Really? Against KC, we at least have a couple reg season wins, but Cincy was shredding us in the reg season before Hamlin got hurt and they shredded us in the playoffs. There is literally zero evidence that the Bills are anywhere close to being able to beat Cincy.

Chet
09-07-2023, 10:30 AM
By the way, deep down I’m an eternal optimist and I’d venture to say so is Op or we wouldn’t keep watching. That would make us masochists.

At the same time, overt blind optimism just can’t be taken seriously. I’m open to having my opinion changed and gaining a sunnier disposition on the Bills, but only when countered with logical analysis and facts. This Bills-style evangelism is super cringe

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 10:32 AM
Bills know how to beat Cincy? Really? Against KC, we at least have a couple reg season wins, but Cincy was shredding us in the reg season before Hamlin got hurt and they shredded us in the playoffs. There is literally zero evidence that the Bills are anywhere close to being able to beat Cincy.

Now that I'll agree with you.

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 10:33 AM
By the way, deep down I’m an eternal optimist and I’d venture to say so is Op or we wouldn’t keep watching. That would make us masochists.

At the same time, overt blind optimism just can’t be taken seriously. I’m open to having my opinion changed and gaining a sunnier disposition on the Bills, but only when countered with logical analysis and facts. This Bills-style evangelism is super cringe

It's just separating what I want to happen from what I think is actually going to happen. We all want the Bills to win. I think too many here allow that to cloud their judgment. When they look at Miami or the Jets, they see all the bad and none of the good, and it's the opposite when they look at the Bills.

sukie
09-07-2023, 10:36 AM

Again with last year. Past games are also not evidence. Play better football.

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 10:38 AM
It's just separating what I want to happen from what I think is actually going to happen. We all want the Bills to win. I think too many here allow that to cloud their judgment. When they look at Miami or the Jets, they see all the bad and none of the good, and it's the opposite when they look at the Bills.

Wrong. Everyone sees the Jets got better. The question is whether it will be enough to sweep the Bills instead of splitting again like they did last year?

But WRT the Dols, sorry, I just don't see how they got anything but worse after Ramsey went down.

sukie
09-07-2023, 10:40 AM

I watched a team win 13 games last year. They also went through a lot of crap and I don’t use that as an excuse but they learned how to win and close out close games which was the knock on them the prior season.

the team is good. They tweaked. Now the games need to play out. Last year means zero.

Chet
09-07-2023, 10:43 AM

oh…Josh Elbow Good

I keep asking "where did the Dols improve?" All anyone can say is because Tua will be back, even though he lost his last 4 games and will never last because of concussions. Ramsey is gone for awhile leaving their weak secondary even weaker. The other guys they added are scrubs and rookies.

The Jets obviously improved. Will it be enough to do more than split with the Bills though, much less make the playoffs?

The Bills will be better for a long time. Tua's time in the NFL is short. They're not giving him a huge money contract after his (foolishly picked-up) 5th year option. Rodgers has basically this year to show what he's got. So in a year or two they're both looking for new QBs.

As for KC and Cincy, we'll see.

No one said they'll be game-changers, although Floyd has been a 10 sack/year guy the past 3 years and has one of the highest pressure rates. A lot is getting guys like White and Hyde back, and healthy, Benford upgrading the 2nd CB spot and making Jackson (who did a good job as the #1 CB last year) and Elam good depth. Rapp is insurance for Poyer. Ford is a good DT to rotate in. Sherfield and Harty should be upgrades over McK and Crowder who was a bust last year. McGovern and Edwards being major upgrades over Saffold. Torrence being an upgrade over Bates, but Bates being insurance in case he's not. Knox not having to deal with his brother's death on the eve of the season. Etc.
Fellas I would love to “see” all those things too, but as things always are some will be hit and some miss. We just need the hits to be big and the misses to be small. I have little faith in our coaching staff until proven otherwise because they have shown themselves to be vanilla and predictable. Lame, “no-risk, no pressure” defense and an offensive philosophy that’s essentially run Josh into the line or throw it deep to the homies.

I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it. If we were better coached with this same roster I would be exponentially more optimistic

Chet
09-07-2023, 10:45 AM
That’s on coaching. One or two stinkers you can chalk up to players or individuals. But when your team is habitually Jekyll and Hyde from game to game (and last year from half to half), then coaching needs to be evaluated

Chet
09-07-2023, 10:50 AM
I watched a team win 13 games last year. They also went through a lot of crap and I don’t use that as an excuse but they learned how to win and close out close games which was the knock on them the prior season.

the team is good. They tweaked. Now the games need to play out. Last year means zero.
When each year bears diminishing returns and the major coaches and players stay the same, sooner or later you have to grasp that failing to learn from the past means you’re doomed to repeat it

sukie
09-07-2023, 10:51 AM
I cannot argue that coaching is a big part.

back to Cincy. The game was called at 7-3 9 minutes in. Yea they were moving but no guarantee they score 7 on that drive. Bills showed no answer which is true but that is only true until they answer.

to assume a loss 9 minutes into a 4 point game begs the question… why 4 quarters?

i think Dorsey built a game plan that wasn’t suited for conditions and was at times very stubborn with calling home runs.

Historian
09-07-2023, 11:14 AM
And I'm sorry, the Jets haven't won anything yet.

They're still the Jets.

Good defense, (with traditionally good CBs) Aging, tarnished, former star at quarterback, and an owner who is a trumptard.

Big ****ing deal.

Wanna worry about someone?

Worry about Miami.

They're loaded for bear...lucky for us their coach is a moron.

Chet
I cannot argue that coaching is a big part.

back to Cincy. The game was called at 7-3 9 minutes in. Yea they were moving but no guarantee they score 7 on that drive. Bills showed no answer which is true but that is only true until they answer.

to assume a loss 9 minutes into a 4 point game begs the question… why 4 quarters?

i think Dorsey built a game plan that wasn’t suited for conditions and was at times very stubborn with calling home runs.

I agree with this for the most part, but I do think we were on the fast track to getting punk’d in the first Cincy matchup

Historian
Oh, and I saw a thing this morning that says the Bills are wearing blue on blue.

Woodman
09-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Wanna worry about someone?

Worry about Miami.

They're loaded for bear...lucky for us their coach is a moron.

Tua will be out of football before you know it.

sukie
09-07-2023, 11:34 AM
I agree with this for the most part, but I do think we were on the fast track to getting punk’d in the first Cincy matchup

9 minutes in.

Woodman
09-07-2023, 11:35 AM
Oh, and I saw a thing this morning that says the Bills are wearing blue on blue.

3 Wins

4 Losses

Time to even it out.

Chet
09-07-2023, 11:41 AM
9 minutes in.
Hold on to whatever helps you cope.

sukie
09-07-2023, 11:43 AM
If you know outcome of a Bills game after 9 minutes… hit the casino. Second half bets would be quick retirement cash

Chet
09-07-2023, 11:47 AM
Saw the outcome 3 weeks later when they no longer had HFA, but again…the path to acceptance is a rocky one

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 11:58 AM

Yes. They are. It’s not perfect evidence but it’s a good predictor. Most of the players and coaches are the same

sukie
09-07-2023, 12:54 PM
Yes. They are. It’s not perfect evidence but it’s a good predictor. Most of the players and coaches are the same

Predictor? That is not evidence not at all. It’s a feeling. Period.

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 01:36 PM
Fellas I would love to “see” all those things too, but as things always are some will be hit and some miss. We just need the hits to be big and the misses to be small. I have little faith in our coaching staff until proven otherwise because they have shown themselves to be vanilla and predictable. Lame, “no-risk, no pressure” defense and an offensive philosophy that’s essentially run Josh into the line or throw it deep to the homies.

I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it. If we were better coached with this same roster I would be exponentially more optimistic

WRT getting to and winning the SB, sure I get your trepidation. But I was talking about the Bills and the AFC East specifically.

notacon
09-07-2023, 02:03 PM
And as usual, you’ve done nothing to address the points I made and instead made it all about my “negativity.”

Because it is ALL about your constant, insufferable “negativity” that rears it’s ugly head year after year after year. Being woefully wrong most of the time does not stifle your wrongheaded “negativity”.

Here is just a couple of posts from before opening day in 2022...with the pathetic negativity spewing out of your mouth like stinky diarrhea....

No. I've been saying since the schedule came out that this is the toughest game we have. I fully expect to lose.

You'll only get that thread if we get completely blown out. I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, then EVERYONE should be concerned that this team isn't going to live up to the hype.

If we get blown out, I'll be concerned.

If it's a close loss, it's to be expected. It's an opposite coast road game against the defending SB champs on the night where they raise the banner. It's the hardest game on the schedule. And it's a non-division, non-conference game, so it won't have as big an impact as a conf loss.

Reminder....the Bills BLEW THE RAMS OUT 31-10.

Same thread had this gem....

For me, Tennessee is the measuring stick. KC usually beats us but we have shown that we can beat them. Ten has had our number the last two years. I'll believe we can beat Ten if and only if it happens, but if we do, I think it's a really good sign that this team actually has taken the next step.

Reminder....the Bills BLEW OUT the TITANS even WORSE....41-7.

Yet, later in the season you were still predicting the Bills would not win the AFCE and would lose to the Pats. I could dig up the posts, but, what’s the use.

You extreme negativity is well known and as tiresome as it is insufferable.

When you say, the week before Bills opening game that "It’s hard to see how we win this game. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040036&viewfull=1#post5040036)“ when anyone in their right mind with a grasp of reality KNOWS that it is VERY EASY to see how the Bills win that game it renders your negatively totally lacking in any credibility.

Could the Jets win? Of course. Will the Bills absolutely win?? No one is saying that.

It’s the TOTAL REJECTION of even the possibility that the Bills could win is what EXTREME “negativity” looks like.

I give your "It’s hard to see how we win this game. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040036&viewfull=1#post5040036)“ as much credibility as your knuckle headed and 100% wrong statements made last year at this same time.

sukie
09-07-2023, 02:20 PM
What he said!

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Because it is ALL about your constant, insufferable “negativity” that rears it’s ugly head year after year after year. Being woefully wrong most of the time does not stifle your wrongheaded “negativity”.

Here is just a couple of posts from before opening day in 2022...with the pathetic negativity spewing out of your mouth like stinky diarrhea....

Reminder....the Bills BLEW THE RAMS OUT 31-10.

Same thread had this gem....

Reminder....the Bills BLEW OUT the TITANS even WORSE....41-7.

Yet, later in the season you were still predicting the Bills would not win the AFCE and would lose to the Pats. I could dig up the posts, but, what’s the use.

You extreme negativity is well known and as tiresome as it is insufferable.

When you say, the week before Bills opening game that "It’s hard to see how we win this game. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040036&viewfull=1#post5040036)“ when anyone in their right mind with a grasp of reality KNOWS that it is VERY EASY to see how the Bills win that game it renders your negatively totally lacking in any credibility.

Could the Jets win? Of course. Will the Bills absolutely win?? No one is saying that.

It’s the TOTAL REJECTION of even the possibility that the Bills could win is what EXTREME “negativity” looks like.

I give your "It’s hard to see how we win this game. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040036&viewfull=1#post5040036)“ as much credibility as your knuckle headed and 100% wrong statements made last year at this same time.

To be fair, the Rams and Titans completely **** the bed last season. Nobody saw that one coming.

And saying "It's hard to see how the Bills win this game" is NOT "TOTAL REJECTION of even the possibility that the Bills could win." That's just absurd.

Mace
09-07-2023, 05:55 PM
If they come out crisp and prepared, I'll be amazed. Hope they do, think they get slapped around, and they shouldn't.

YardRat
09-07-2023, 06:40 PM
So the scores will be the same? Why play the game if pats history equals future performance? Seriously.

both you guys think the past exists. It’s a story. The past exists as much as the future does.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 08:00 PM
Predictor? That is not evidence not at all. It’s a feeling. Period.

Past games are literally players showing what they can and cannot do. If you don’t see how that is valuable for predicting future results, I don’t know what to tell you. Again, it’s not a perfect indicator because there are variables but it has a lot of value.

Typ0
09-07-2023, 08:51 PM
The past is not the predictor of the future? Who says?

sukie
09-07-2023, 10:29 PM
Past games are literally players showing what they can and cannot do. If you don’t see how that is valuable for predicting future results, I don’t know what to tell you. Again, it’s not a perfect indicator because there are variables but it has a lot of value.

Not when 33 % of one team is different players. What happened last year means nothing. Did KC lose because the SB winner lost opening night last year?

Coin flip. 3 heads in a row… guess what. It’s still 50/50 next flip. The last three past flips mean nothing.

Goobylal
09-07-2023, 10:54 PM

Like the Bills going 4-2 in the division and winning the AFC East last year being a predictor for this year. Thanks for coming around.

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 11:09 PM
Not when 33 % of one team is different players. What happened last year means nothing. Did KC lose because the SB winner lost opening night last year?

Coin flip. 3 heads in a row… guess what. It’s still 50/50 next flip. The last three past flips mean nothing.

But it’s not a coin flip. Players have talents and deficiencies. Past performances show us what those are. You have this weird mindset that somehow players are going to show us something they’ve never shown before. Or, that talented players for our opponents are suddenly not going to be talented. That’s just not realistic.

sukie
09-07-2023, 11:14 PM
But it’s not a coin flip. Players have talents and deficiencies. Past performances show us what those are. You have this weird mindset that somehow players are going to show us something they’ve never shown before. Or, that talented players for our opponents are suddenly not going to be talented. That’s just not realistic.
No you have some false belief that every play and player is non variable year to year. My coin flip told you that the past 3 times it was heads so the past tells me it is going to be heads again… see how wrong that is? The past means nothing. Now it could be a predictor and one might say… tails are due… but that is still a gut feeling not grounded in reality. Is Josh going to goalie fumble next game vs Minn? Is Hamlin going to die vs Cincy?

OpIv37
09-07-2023, 11:38 PM
No you have some false belief that every play and player is non variable year to year. My coin flip told you that the past 3 times it was heads so the past tells me it is going to be heads again… see how wrong that is? The past means nothing. Now it could be a predictor and one might say… tails are due… but that is still a gut feeling not grounded in reality. Is Josh going to goalie fumble next game vs Minn? Is Hamlin going to die vs Cincy?
This is just nonsensical ramblings. The past shows us what players can and can’t do. Expecting them to do things they haven’t proven is just wishful thinking

sukie
09-08-2023, 05:00 AM
You must do well at the track… oh wait favorites don’t always win.
7 game playoff series should end in 4 games.
golf is useless. Just use last year’s scorecards.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-08-2023, 10:14 AM
if the past is such a good indicator of the next season, why haven't we had a repeat superbowl champion in 20 years?

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2023, 10:47 AM
This is just nonsensical ramblings. The past shows us what players can and can’t do. Expecting them to do things they haven’t proven is just wishful thinking

Expecting them to repeat what they've done is just as wishful

OpIv37
09-08-2023, 11:44 AM
This thread is just utter insanity. It’s perfectly logical to make predictions based on what teams and players have proven they can or can’t do in the past. Again, there are variables so it’s not a perfect indicator, but anything else is literally just a random guess.

notacon
09-08-2023, 12:42 PM
To be fair, the Rams and Titans completely **** the bed last season. Nobody saw that one coming.

And saying "It's hard to see how the Bills win this game" is NOT "TOTAL REJECTION of even the possibility that the Bills could win." That's just absurd.

Yes, its is. NO ONE is saying "It's hard to see how the Bills win this game”.

You are so steeped in your own negative bullcrap, you have lost all sight of any reasonable reality.

notacon
09-08-2023, 01:02 PM
This thread is just utter insanity. It’s perfectly logical to make predictions based on what teams and players have proven they can or can’t do in the past. Again, there are variables so it’s not a perfect indicator, but anything else is literally just a random guess.

No.. YOUR insufferable negativity is what is “utter insanity”.

But, hey, you can wallow in your own **** all you want. What a waste of emotional energy.

I know (because you told us) you read The Athletic....maybe you should do so with an open mind.

Here is Joe. B.’s pre-season “biggest questions for 2023” and it reads like an objective, reasonable analysis from an expert media writer.

I’m not going to supply any quotes. If one wants to read expert analysis and sports coverage of all types, pony up and subscribe to the NY Times or The Athletic.

Ken Dorsey, Von Miller and the biggest Buffalo Bills questions for 2023 (http://applewebdata://10B34455-5AB2-416B-B314-C14A3B456D01/Ken%20Dorsey,%20Von%20Miller%20and%20the%20biggest%20Buffalo%20Bills%20questions%20for%202023)

Better yet (for those Joe B. haters) here is a an extremely fair minded, astute “Buffalo Bills Season Preview” done by Robert Mays and Nate Tice. From The Athletic Football Show.

It was recorded a few weeks ago.

BTW…Nate Tice has worked for two NFL teams. Atlanta Falcons as a scouting assistant. And the Raiders as Offensive Quality Control Coach and Offensive assistant.

Hmmmmmm…..who to take seriously?????

The ONE guy here who has been ****ting on the Bills for years….who hardly ever has ANY observation of the Bills except EXTREMLY NEGATIVE TAKES…..or…..

Objective sports media professionals who put their name on what they write or say instead of an anonymous sour puss forum poster.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YR0T0mAwvz8?si=MmYwn3yxD_U5dOei" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Yeah....comparing objective professional analysis (this being only a tiny example...there are lots more) to YOUR Negative Nancy rabid ranting there is no doubt what is “utter insanity”.

notacon
09-08-2023, 01:04 PM
Yes, its is. NO ONE is saying "It's hard to see how the Bills win this game”.

You are so steeped in your own negative bullcrap, you have lost all sight of any reasonable reality.

Sorry....I miswrote what I intended to say. What I meant to write is....

NO ONE is saying "It's hard to see how the Bills LOSE this game”.

Goobylal
09-08-2023, 06:53 PM

Again, like predicting the Bills will at worst split with Miami, like they did last year? You know, recent history?

acehole
09-08-2023, 07:10 PM
I don’t have a lot of confidence for us to get off to a good start this year but I expect them to turn it on later when it counts.

They will expect it to be close....2.5 favors bills.

It won't be.

Bills 28 Jets 17.

Aaron will not feet comfortable back there. 1 fumble 1-2 picks.

Slot plays big roll here. Dawson included.

Enjoy the show.

OpIv37
09-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Again, like predicting the Bills will at worst split with Miami, like they did last year? You know, recent history? uhhh I also said the Bills will split with Miami.

OpIv37
09-08-2023, 07:36 PM

It won't be.

Bills 28 Jets 17.

Enjoy the show.

A lot of people are in for unpleasant surprises on Monday. It’ll be unpleasant for me, too, but not surprising.

Typ0
09-08-2023, 07:55 PM
They are either blowing us out or it will be a close game -- I really don't see us taking it to the JETS who we love to throw stinkers at. Their defense is too good. Do not underestimate an older and wiser Aaron Rogers. They needed to upgrade their QB position and they sure as hell did. Josh Allen or bust. Monday nights game could very well be the decider for the division when all is said and done it should be a dog fight and I hope the Bills are fully pissed the **** off about the bull**** they had to put up with last year. You just find a productive place to put that energy when the time comes and now is the time.

A little surprised McDermott is going to be calling the defense. Maybe he's a genius I sure hope so because this has train wreck written all over it.

Mace
09-08-2023, 08:15 PM
They are either blowing us out or it will be a close game -- I really don't see us taking it to the JETS who we love to throw stinkers at. Their defense is too good. Do not underestimate an older and wiser Aaron Rogers. They needed to upgrade their QB position and they sure as hell did. Josh Allen or bust. Monday nights game could very well be the decider for the division when all is said and done it should be a dog fight and I hope the Bills are fully pissed the **** off about the bull**** they had to put up with last year. You just find a productive place to put that energy when the time comes and now is the time.

A little surprised McDermott is going to be calling the defense. Maybe he's a genius I sure hope so because this has train wreck written all over it.

Absolutely agree. No idea what happens, but it will set a tone.

YardRat
09-08-2023, 08:31 PM
I'm terrified somebody is going to do legit damage to Allen.

OpIv37
09-08-2023, 09:17 PM
I'm terrified somebody is going to do legit damage to Allen.

IIRC Josh’s injury came against the Jets last year…

Historian
09-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Jets always played dirty....even during their 1-15 season.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 08:16 AM

It won't be.

Bills 28 Jets 17.

Enjoy the show.

They will now be without Becton. Their OL will have him running for his life.

uhhh I also said the Bills will split with Miami.

So the "lucky to go 3-3 in the division" meant also being swept by the Jets and splitting with the Cheats?

Anyway, the Bills will beat Miami at home like they always do. And by the last game of the season, Tua will be on IR and it will be much nicer in Miami.

The Bills will beat them at home and the game in Miami will likely be without Tua and in a much less hot Miami.

Woodman
09-09-2023, 08:46 AM
uhhh I also said the Bills will split with Miami.

What a banana?

OpIv37
09-09-2023, 09:24 AM

So the "lucky to go 3-3 in the division" meant also being swept by the Jets and splitting with the Cheats?

Anyway, the Bills will beat Miami at home like they always do. And by the last game of the season, Tua will be on IR and it will be much nicer in Miami.

The Bills will beat them at home and the game in Miami will likely be without Tua and in a much less hot Miami.

Miami will take at least one from us. So will the Jets. NE is the worst team in the Div but you can never completely count out BB. So the remaining 4 games are toss ups and we won’t win them all. 3-3 is the ceiling in the Div.

Even if Tua is on IR, they were one score away from beating us in Buffalo in January with a 3rd string QB. Being at home and not having Tua doesn’t mean we will win.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 10:12 AM
Miami will take at least one from us. So will the Jets. NE is the worst team in the Div but you can never completely count out BB. So the remaining 4 games are toss ups and we won’t win them all. 3-3 is the ceiling in the Div.

Even if Tua is on IR, they were one score away from beating us in Buffalo in January with a 3rd string QB. Being at home and not having Tua doesn’t mean we will win.

The Bills beat Tua in Buffalo. So an "almost loss" in the playoff means nothing. The Bills will beat them in Buffalo. As for the 2nd game in Miami, that's in January. That means no heat advantage,which is huge for Miami when they have it, and the Bills won't be coming off a short week with a day-and-a-half less to rest and prepare. At best they split and I can easily see the Bills sweeping them like they should have done last year.

The Cheats suck. They're counting on Bill O'Brien to make magic with Jones. OK.

The Jets are the wildcard. But that OL is bad and Rodgers doesn't like getting hit.

justasportsfan
09-09-2023, 10:30 AM
The Bills beat Tua in Buffalo. So an "almost loss" in the playoff means nothing. The Bills will beat them in Buffalo. As for the 2nd game in Miami, that's in January. That means no heat advantage,which is huge for Miami when they have it, and the Bills won't be coming off a short week with a day-and-a-half less to rest and prepare. At best they split and I can easily see the Bills sweeping them like they should have done last year.

The Cheats suck. They're counting on Bill O'Brien to make magic with Jones. OK.

The Jets are the wildcard. But that OL is bad and Rodgers doesn't like getting hit.

Woulda coulda shoulda I guess outweighs the actual results in his world.

cookie G
09-09-2023, 10:34 AM
For me, the key is Cook. We likely won't be able to establish a running game inside the tackles, so we need Cook to press the boundary and get outside and force the Jets to chase sideline to sideline. This will help somewhat limit the impact of Quinnen Williams in the run game. Mosley is a great run plugger, but the one area he's not as strong in is his lateral agility, if we can set the edge than I think we can rip off some big runs to help move the chains and keep pressure off Josh.

If I was Dorsey, I'd come out in two TE sets with both Kincaid and Knox in line just to add a little help in the blocking scheme. You should be able to run and pass out of this formation type, if Dorsey is calling the game right. I'd also use a ton of motion with Diggs and the TE's to get an idea of what the defense is looking to do. Salah's defense is going to attack us with blitzes, twists, and stunts, we need to be ready for that.

My biggest fear against their defense is Carl Lawson against Spencer Brown. He may need help all night slowing down Lawson.

On defense, I think it's more of the bend don't break approach. Rogers is going to get his with Wilson, Lazard, and Hardman. The key is can we prevent Hall, Cook, and Carter from hurting us in the running game. There will be a ton of pressure on Dodson/Bernard/Williams to make some plays opposite Milano. If we start getting gashed in the run game then its going to be a shootout. My best hope is that Floyd and Rousseau can get home a couple of times on Rogers and either force a bad pass for an INT or kill drives with a big sack. It would also be nice if Ed Oliver had a career game.

In the end I expect this one to be close, but its a winnable game for the Bills. I don't think the Jets at this point can outscore us, if we call a smart game and Allen makes smart decisions with the ball. My focus would be on controlling the ball and keeping Rogers off the field. A big return or two from Harty wouldn't hurt either.

The Oline might have a great deal to do with how much Cook plays. If they're getting beat in pass pro, you might see more of Harris and/or Murray in to help out in pass pro. Or, quick swing passes to Cook and some screens.

I don't like putting that much pressure on rookies, but Kincaid and Torrence are going to have to have big roles. Torrence walks right in to a massive test right off the bat, probably the biggest test he can get, excepting maybe an Aaron Donald or a Chris Jones. Kincaid will be key in the middle of the field.

Luckily, both showed enough in the preseason to have some confidence in them. I feel more confident in Torrence than I do against Edwards (assuming McGovcern doesn't play).

Spencer Brown is always going to be a question mark, but so is Dawkins. Dawkins ballooned up to 370 in the offseason and had to do a crash diet to get down to 330. He didn't have the best season last year...and this doesn't help.

On D, whether or not Becton plays, its time to unleash Leonard Floyd in a wide 9 against the right side of the Jets Oline. A slight sampling, but on one of the plays in the JEts/Giants preseason game, the Giants put that LB they got from the Cards against Becton. He blew by Becton and forced Rodgers into a hurried pass. We will need to see a good deal of that on Mon. I don't see Rodgers as quite as mobile as he was. FLoyd is the underrated key to the D.

Dalvin Cook and stopping the running game is a little more worrisome.

notacon
09-09-2023, 12:41 PM

Almost forgot to respond to this drivel.

The point is that you gave up on the Bills very early last season (like you do almost every year...early and then often). You just could not envision them wining the first two games last season. (as proven by your own words (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040551&viewfull=1#post5040551))

And that was WELL before the "the Rams and Titans completely **** the bed last season”

The Rams went on to win the next two games after their loss to the Bills. Then, they lost the next two vs the best teams in the NFC...@San Fan and Dallas. They beat Carolina and then the injuries starting piling up, even more, with Kupp getting hurt in the San Fran week 8 game. Kupp played in only nine games in 2022.

Then Stafford played in only one of the last nine games. Their O-line was destroyed by injuries. The 2022 Rams are the (https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-takeaways-season-2022-learned/) "only team in NFL history to start 12 different combinations in the first 12 weeks. A toal of 13 players started along the offensive line".

The Rams were not “****ting the bed” when they met the Bills in week one....what DID “**** the bed” was your lame refusal to see what the rest of the NFL saw...the Bills being bona-fide SB contender and capable of beating ANY TEAM in the NFL..

The starkness of your negativity is revealed with the Titans. They lost the first game of the season vs, NY Giants when new HC Brian Daboll led his team to a comeback and declared to the league that this was a different Giants team with a different culture and mindset.

His decision to go forgo an almost sure tying extra point with only 1:06 left in the game instead called a GUTSY 2 point try to win the game set the tone for their break out season.

After their embarrassing blow out loss to the Bills (again, your narrow minded negativity does not allow you to see what everyone else can see....that the Bills were vastly superior to the Titans) they went on a FIVE GAME WIN streak. Inteputed by a OT loss, on the road, to KC. Then they won two more game, putting them at a 7-3 record....winning SEVEN of EIGHT games after the embarrassing loss to the Bills.

It was not until THEN that they started “completely ****ting the bed”. When they got blown out by the Bills they were still considered a shoo-in for the playoffs.

So, to be FAIR, the facts show that you have NO DEFENSE for your rabid and seemingly uncontrollable (and totally unrealistic) negativity directed at the Bills.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 01:12 PM
Woulda coulda shoulda I guess outweighs the actual results in his world.

His world is inconsistent. He says that just because the Bills barely beat the Dols in the playoffs with a backup QB, it means Tua would have won that game. But when confronted with the fact that a Tua-led Dols team came to Buffalo and lost, it's crickets. Just like not knowing Ramsey was out for most of the season, not knowing all the players the Bills added in FA (forget the draft) and not knowing Tre didn't play in the 13 seconds game or the first Bills-Dols game last year, I'm going to assume he didn't know Tua played against the Bills and lost last year.

Chet
09-09-2023, 01:35 PM

Because our pass rush without Von is THAT good. Never mind the fact they were emasculated against a Bengals OL down 4 starters

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 01:53 PM
Because our pass rush without Von is THAT good. Never mind the fact they were emasculated against a Bengals OL down 4 starters

Floyd has averaged 10 sacks/year and has been among the players with the highest pressure rates the past 3 years.

Chet
09-09-2023, 02:08 PM
Floyd has averaged 10 sacks/year and has been among the players with the highest pressure rates the past 3 years.
Then he should have no problem dominating a b/u OT. Let’s hope he does

Mr. Pink
09-09-2023, 02:26 PM
We seem to come out flat to begin a season, I foresee a loss to the Jets and we'll see the sky is falling around here and in the media...plus we'll see the Jets being propped up as the team to beat in the AFC and how great Rodgers is.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 02:38 PM
We seem to come out flat to begin a season, I foresee a loss to the Jets and we'll see the sky is falling around here and in the media...plus we'll see the Jets being propped up as the team to beat in the AFC and how great Rodgers is.

The Bills are 4-2 on opening day under McD. And coincidentally 3 of those wins were against the Jets.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Weird

I seem to remember destroying the rams last year on opening night

do any of you naysayers think before posting ?

yes, I also remember the steeler game the year before but before you make it ‘a tendency’
maybe have some facts to back it up ?

acehole
09-09-2023, 04:38 PM
A lot of people are in for unpleasant surprises on Monday. It’ll be unpleasant for me, too, but not surprising.

..been a bills fan for a long time...I have no emotions left.

After a game win or lose I pick though the rest of the wings check the boards....and go do something else.

My over overall feeling (And we should know this better than anyone)....When a qb is brought in as a "Savior" it usually puts too much pressure on that qb.

The Bills as a team may be expected to win this one.....but the jet fans completely expect Rodgers to win this game.

One mistake from him and they will be pissed...so who has the pressure to win on their home turf?

For us it will be just business. We will score more points me thinks.

If not? meh.

My self esteem is not build on their win loss record.

sukie
09-09-2023, 06:00 PM
Favre brought in as a savior and yes he beat the Bills twice (2008) but missed playoffs at 9-7.

I just can’t see how a QB from Greenbay can make the playoffs as a jet. Past performance teaches us all we need to know.

Bills had the talents of Tredwards then Losman so there is that.

OpIv37
09-09-2023, 06:06 PM
Peyton won a SB as a savior in Denver. Brady won a SB as a savior in Tampa. There are definitely times when the “savior QB” has failed (Bledsoe in Buffalo comes to mind) but it can work, too.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 06:12 PM
Favre brought in as a savior and yes he beat the Bills twice (2008) but missed playoffs at 9-7.

I just can’t see how a QB from Greenbay can make the playoffs as a jet. Past performance teaches us all we need to know.

Bills had the talents of Tredwards then Losman so there is that.

I can see the Jets making the playoffs. Winning the SB? No chance.

sukie
09-09-2023, 06:58 PM
Peyton won a SB as a savior in Denver. Brady won a SB as a savior in Tampa. There are definitely times when the “savior QB” has failed (Bledsoe in Buffalo comes to mind) but it can work, too.
This is the second GB savior. It failed in 2008 so past performance has it doomed this year.

OpIv37
09-09-2023, 07:51 PM
This is the second GB savior. It failed in 2008 so past performance has it doomed this year.

IDK. Rodgers was disgruntled in GB and, for whatever reason, chose the Jets. He wants to be there so maybe he’ll be more motivated. Maybe he’s physically done and motivation doesn’t matter.

But, the Jets have a good coach and a good D. He doesn’t have to be 2014 Rodgers putting up insane numbers. He just has to be be better than the cluster**** they’ve had at QB the last couple years to make them competitive.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 08:20 PM
IDK. Rodgers was disgruntled in GB and, for whatever reason, chose the Jets. He wants to be there so maybe he’ll be more motivated. Maybe he’s physically done and motivation doesn’t matter.

But, the Jets have a good coach and a good D. He doesn’t have to be 2014 Rodgers putting up insane numbers. He just has to be be better than the cluster**** they’ve had at QB the last couple years to make them competitive.

They do?

OpIv37
09-09-2023, 08:22 PM
They do?

Yes. Saleh is widely respected throughout the league.

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 08:27 PM

Maybe as a defensive coach.

OpIv37
09-09-2023, 08:50 PM
Maybe as a defensive coach.
Maybe. But now he has a QB with 20 years of offensive experience who learned under Brett Favre. Get it now?

Goobylal
09-09-2023, 10:23 PM
Maybe. But now he has a QB with 20 years of offensive experience who learned under Brett Favre. Get it now?

Oh, so because he lucked into a HOF QB, he's a "good coach" for the next year or two he has Rodgers. OK.

Chet
09-10-2023, 12:20 AM
This schtick you’re going with about disregarding the past is pretty lame and these analogies/comparisons don’t correlate at all to the Bills. You act like the ball didn’t bounce our way or other teams caught fire like the ‘07/11 Giants or ‘12 Ravens.

This team can’t get over the top because we lack top-level coaching. We are outschemed and unmotivated regularly.

“buh-buh but what about muh 13 wins:cry:?”

You people need to wake up and see we are saddled with the next Jeff Fisher

If you think this ****show isn’t going to continue to regress with our ginger plank of wood HC then you haven’t been watching football and I don’t know what to tell you

YardRat
09-10-2023, 06:36 AM
Oh, so because he lucked into a HOF QB, he's a "good coach" for the next year or two he has Rodgers. OK.

Is McDermott a good coach or Beane a good GM because they lucked into Josh Allen?

Don't forget Rodgers also brought Nate Hackett with him to OC, so he's going to be running an offense he's intimately familiar with. Something he didn't have last season where people want to point to Rodgers demise, or Favre had his season in NY (he never worked with Schottenheimer before, or his QB coach who was ironically Brian Daboll). Also Favre posted a 12-4 record the following year for Minnesota so he wasn't washed yet.

sukie
09-10-2023, 08:24 AM
This schtick you’re going with about disregarding the past is pretty lame and these analogies/comparisons don’t correlate at all to the Bills. You act like the ball didn’t bounce our way or other teams caught fire like the ‘07/11 Giants or ‘12 Ravens.

This team can’t get over the top because we lack top-level coaching. We are outschemed and unmotivated regularly.

The schtick that’s lame is the almost certainty in the “they beat us last year so we are screwed”. If my savior QB was absurd. It was purposefully done to point out that the past does not dictate the future. That’s why the games are played.

now i agree that if effort and motivation wane then coaching needs to be looked at but it’s an aggregate of the season as it unfolds forward. We see it in other sports that have 7 game playoffs. What happened in game 1 has zero to do with games 4 of 5. We see a team dominate 1 game then lose a squeaker the next. NBA especially. It’s “one game at a time” not “this game and the two last year”.

not you but some seem to forget this team won a lot of games during a crazy season full of drama and injury. They post as if it was Jauron’s 7-9 Bills

Goobylal
09-10-2023, 08:25 AM
Is McDermott a good coach or Beane a good GM because they lucked into Josh Allen?

Don't forget Rodgers also brought Nate Hackett with him to OC, so he's going to be running an offense he's intimately familiar with. Something he didn't have last season where people want to point to Rodgers demise, or Favre had his season in NY (he never worked with Schottenheimer before, or his QB coach who was ironically Brian Daboll). Also Favre posted a 12-4 record the following year for Minnesota so he wasn't washed yet.

McD made the playoffs his first season, when everyone thought he was trying to tank. And that was with a backup level QB, not the 2nd overall pick at QB.

As for Josh being luck, it wasn't. He was taken 7th overall. They moved-up several times to get him. A lucky QB pick is Brady or Purdy, i.e. a guy passed over by every ream several times over.

And bringing an offense that Rodgers is familiar with is a double-edged sword because it means most of the rest of the offense isn't familiar with it. He's also going to find out his OL isn't nearly as good as the ones he had in GB.

Chet
09-10-2023, 09:30 AM
The schtick that’s lame is the almost certainty in the “they beat us last year so we are screwed”. If my savior QB was absurd. It was purposefully done to point out that the past does not dictate the future. That’s why the games are played.

now i agree that if effort and motivation wane then coaching needs to be looked at but it’s an aggregate of the season as it unfolds forward. We see it in other sports that have 7 game playoffs. What happened in game 1 has zero to do with games 4 of 5. We see a team dominate 1 game then lose a squeaker the next. NBA especially. It’s “one game at a time” not “this game and the two last year”.

not you but some seem to forget this team won a lot of games during a crazy season full of drama and injury. They post as if it was Jauron’s 7-9 Bills
Brother, I’m talking about trends. The team’s end result is trending in the wrong direction since the AFCCG loss. Furthermore, we are as inconsistent as they come from week to week when it comes to preparation and adjustments. The 2017-2020 Bills were remarkably consistent in their effort and identity throughout those seasons. The 2020 team had a different identity than the previous 3, but they stayed consistent throughout that season. Those teams played hard both halves, were physical, and hungry.

The Bills of the last 2 years, despite an impressive 24-9 overall record, have looked soft, entitled, unimaginative and predictable. Sure, the latter 2 teams were also more talented, but I just want a game where I can say my coach won us this game (or improved) with preparation and adjustments…or moxy. 2017 Falcons game, 2018 2nd half of Chargers game), 2019 virtually the whole season (but especially the Cowboys game), first Patriots game of 2020 and the Seahawks game the following week, Steelers and 2nd Pats game…those were all superb coaching jobs where McD and staff outfoxed their opponents. Last 2 years it’s been “Josh, please be great,” and to his credit he has for the most part.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Brother, I’m talking about trends. The team’s end result is trending in the wrong direction since the AFCCG loss. Furthermore, we are as inconsistent as they come from week to week when it comes to preparation and adjustments. The 2017-2020 Bills were remarkably consistent in their effort and identity throughout those seasons. The 2020 team had a different identity than the previous 3, but they stayed consistent throughout that season. Those teams played hard both halves, were physical, and hungry.

The Bills of the last 2 years, despite an impressive 24-9 overall record, have looked soft, entitled, unimaginative and predictable. Sure, the latter 2 teams were also more talented, but I just want a game where I can say my coach won us this game (or improved) with preparation and adjustments…or moxy. 2017 Falcons game, 2018 2nd half of Chargers game), 2019 virtually the whole season (but especially the Cowboys game), first Patriots game of 2020 and the Seahawks game the following week, Steelers and 2nd Pats game…those were all superb coaching jobs where McD and staff outfoxed their opponents. Last 2 years it’s been “Josh, please be great,” and to his credit he has for the most part.

this I agree with completely

notacon
09-10-2023, 11:24 AM
The Bills are 4-2 on opening day under McD. And coincidentally 3 of those wins were against the Jets.

Not only that fact, but since Josh’s second season (2019) the Bills have started each season’s first five games 4-1. 16-4 the past four years.

As a quick comparisons, KC that past four start of the season the record for the first five games....

2019 - 4-1
2020 - 4-1
2021 - 2-3
2022 - 4-1

That is the opposite of “come out flat to begin a season”.

Goobylal
09-10-2023, 11:29 AM

Not sure how you can say they were remarkably consistent during 2017-(I assume you meant to say)2019. I mean, 2018 was an absolute ****show as Josh was a rookie, the team had $70M in dead cap and couldn't field a decent team. Hell they started Nate Peterman that first game!

As for the team's trend, despite 13 seconds, they were a coin flip away from going to the AFCCG again. And last year was another ****show with all the adversity they faced.

We'll see where they go from here. They made a major coaching change on defense, Dorsey has his first year behind him and some key players are back/healthy.

sukie
09-10-2023, 12:38 PM

That is not what has been said in this thread. Last year bills lost and nearly lost so no chance this year vs Dolphins and Jets. Trending as to cropping out in the playoffs is dr
ifferent because it’s a whole seasons work. Not individual games or worse… the first 9 minutes of a game and drawing a conclusion.

notacon
09-10-2023, 01:43 PM

I was curious so I did some research. Since 2019 (the first season that Josh Allen was starter from day one) the team with the most wins the first five games of the season was.....

<tbody>
Rank

Wins

Buffalo Bills

Green Bay Packers

Baltimore Ravens

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Rams

Tennessee Titans

Dallas Cowboys

San Francisco

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

New England Patriots

Arizona Cardinals

Philadelphia Eagles

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers

Carolina Panthers

Indianapolis Colts

Minnesota Vikings

Denver Broncos

Houston Texans

New York Giants

Cincinnati Bengals

Miami Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars

New York Jets

Atlanta Falcons

Detroit Lions

Washington Commanders

</tbody>

Out of 128 instances (32 teams x four seasons) only six team had a 5-0 start.

LA Rams - 2021
Tennesse - 2020
Pittsburgh - 2020
New England - 2019
Arizona - 2021
Philadelphia - 2022

Only two of those teams had another start of 4 wins (La Rams & Pittsburgh). The other four did not.

Only 15 teams had a start of four wins (if you include the six 5 win starts) that means only 16% of the time a team started with 4 or 5 wins.

One team had four starts of 4 wins (Buffalo Bills). Two had three (Green Bay & KC).

Five teams did it twice, and seven teams did it once.

SEVENTEEN (a majority) of teams did not win 4 games to start any of the last four seasons.

Are you prepared to admit that your statement "We seem to come out flat to begin a season” is not even close to accurate?

I foresee a Bills win vs the Jets. And we’ll STILL get "the sky is falling around here” but the media will keep on saying what a majority have been saying...that the Bills are STILL the team to beat in the AFC.

If the Bills lose (which is possible as every week in the NFL any team can and do beat any other team) there is no doubt that the Negative Nancy’s around here will be even more annoying than usual.

The media will be just as annoying by, as you accurately opine...."the Jets being propped up as the team to beat in the AFC and how great Rodgers is.”.

Chet
09-10-2023, 01:56 PM
That is not what has been said in this thread. Last year bills lost and nearly lost so no chance this year vs Dolphins and Jets. Trending as to cropping out in the playoffs is dr
ifferent because it’s a whole seasons work. Not individual games or worse… the first 9 minutes of a game and drawing a conclusion.
I picked them to win the AFCE, so not sure what you’re on about. They’re not better than the Chiefs or Bengals, though. Last year matters when you bring the same goddamn coach back despite no significant roster upgrades and increasingly poor playoff performances.

Do you really think he’s going to magically understand X’s and O’s and make the proper adjustments when needed and get us past one or both of those teams? Reality says he’s incapable of it. If you disagree, then by all means put some scratch on your convictions or send me some of the **** you’re smoking.

Chet
09-10-2023, 01:58 PM
I was curious so I did some research. Since 2019 (the first season that Josh Allen was starter from day one) the team with the most wins the first five games of the season was.....

<tbody>
Rank

Wins

Buffalo Bills

Green Bay Packers

Baltimore Ravens

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Rams

Tennessee Titans

Dallas Cowboys

San Francisco

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chicago Bears

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

New England Patriots

Arizona Cardinals

Philadelphia Eagles

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers

Carolina Panthers

Indianapolis Colts

Minnesota Vikings

Denver Broncos

Houston Texans

New York Giants

Cincinnati Bengals

Miami Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars

New York Jets

Atlanta Falcons

Detroit Lions

Washington Commanders

</tbody>

Out of 128 instances (32 teams x four seasons) only six team had a 5-0 start.

LA Rams - 2021
Tennesse - 2020
Pittsburgh - 2020
New England - 2019
Arizona - 2021
Philadelphia - 2022

Only two of those teams had another start of 4 wins (La Rams & Pittsburgh). The other four did not.

Only 15 teams had a start of four wins (if you include the six 5 win starts) that means only 16% of the time a team started with 4 or 5 wins.

One team had four starts of 4 wins (Buffalo Bills). Two had three (Green Bay & KC).

Five teams did it twice, and seven teams did it once.

SEVENTEEN (a majority) of teams did not win 4 games to start any of the last four seasons.

Are you prepared to admit that your statement "We seem to come out flat to begin a season” is not even close to accurate?

I foresee a Bills win vs the Jets. And we’ll STILL get "the sky is falling around here” but the media will keep on saying what a majority have been saying...that the Bills are STILL the team to beat in the AFC.

If the Bills lose (which is possible as every week in the NFL any team can and do beat any other team) there is no doubt that the Negative Nancy’s around here will be even more annoying than usual.

The media will be just as annoying by, as you accurately opine...."the Jets being propped up as the team to beat in the AFC and how great Rodgers is.”.

The Bills are the team to beat in the AFC? :rofl:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you belong in a home under supervision

sukie
09-10-2023, 04:14 PM
I picked them to win the AFCE, so not sure what you’re on about. They’re not better than the Chiefs or Bengals, though. Last year matters when you bring the same goddamn coach back despite no significant roster upgrades and increasingly poor playoff performances.

Do you really think he’s going to magically understand X’s and O’s and make the proper adjustments when needed and get us past one or both of those teams? Reality says he’s incapable of it. If you disagree, then by all means put some scratch on your convictions or send me some of the **** you’re smoking.
We don’t know if the Bills are better than KC or Cincy… on paper and looking at LAST season ending… one could be unsure. But it is not a certainty that is my point. Last year is over. Now if we are talking coaching deficiencies… all together a different topic. One I don’t disagree with. I do hope Dorsey learned something. I hope the D is more aggressive.

Goobylal
09-10-2023, 06:09 PM

I think that was in response to the idea that the Bills start the season slow.

Chet
09-11-2023, 09:52 AM

If so then my bad! As a stand alone statement it is pretty crazy

notacon
09-11-2023, 12:16 PM

You are being dishonest about what I wrote.

What I said, accurately, was that "the media will keep on saying what a majority have been saying...that the Bills are STILL the team to beat in the AFC.”

It’s a comment on what the MEDIA has been saying.

It has nothing to do with media " belong in a home under supervision”.

How ****ing obtuse.

If so then my bad! As a stand alone statement it is pretty crazy

No, it was not. Maybe you do not consume credible sports media. What I wrote about what a majority of the media has been saying was spot on.

Pay attention and read the word actually written before you go around throwing around arrogant insults.

sukie
09-11-2023, 12:18 PM
Seems the heads are all in on the Jets. They forgot Bills have an alien at QB.

notacon
09-11-2023, 12:38 PM

Actually, the research was done in "response to the idea that the Bills start the season slow”, which shows that premise to be 100% incorrect.

My other comments were about media reaction and they are extremely easy concepts to understand and comprehend...if one reads the words and actually takes a moment to actually think about it.

I will repeat what I wrote.....

"I foresee a Bills win vs the Jets. And we’ll STILL get "the sky is falling around here” but the media will keep on saying what a majority have been saying...that the Bills are STILL the team to beat in the AFC.

There is NOTHING there that even compose close to suggesting that I "belong in a home under supervision”. What a ****ing ridiculous and unwarranted attack.

Is there any wonder why I have to defend myself from this kind of hubris???

cookie G
09-11-2023, 01:14 PM

When he was signed, someone said he is our new Zo Alexander. That might be true. He can drop back in coverage or rush the passer. And he can play the run.

Used correctly, he can be a big key tonight. Frankly, if Bernard doesn't work out at MLB tonight, I'd consider trying him at MLB in the future.

Chet
09-11-2023, 02:32 PM
Actually, the research was done in "response to the idea that the Bills start the season slow”, which shows that premise to be 100% incorrect.

My other comments were about media reaction and they are extremely easy concepts to understand and comprehend...if one reads the words and actually takes a moment to actually think about it.

I will repeat what I wrote.....

"I foresee a Bills win vs the Jets. And we’ll STILL get "the sky is falling around here” but the media will keep on saying what a majority have been saying...that the Bills are STILL the team to beat in the AFC.

There is NOTHING there that even compose close to suggesting that I "belong in a home under supervision”. What a ****ing ridiculous and unwarranted attack.

Is there any wonder why I have to defend myself from this kind of hubris???

None of that made any sense. Reminds me of when my granddad started going off on nonsensical tangents. That was the beginning of the end as he slipped into senility. I hope you get a cute nurse, but that kinda talent doesn’t usually work at nursing homes.

Goobylal
09-11-2023, 02:57 PM
When he was signed, someone said he is our new Zo Alexander. That might be true. He can drop back in coverage or rush the passer. And he can play the run.

Used correctly, he can be a big key tonight. Frankly, if Bernard doesn't work out at MLB tonight, I'd consider trying him at MLB in the future.

MLB will be Kirksey's when they finally let him start there. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
09-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Just like that Pittsburgh game a couple seasons ago....we looked flat and simply disinterested in playing football on week 1.

notacon
09-12-2023, 10:28 AM
None of that made any sense. Reminds me of when my granddad started going off on nonsensical tangents. That was the beginning of the end as he slipped into senility. I hope you get a cute nurse, but that kinda talent doesn’t usually work at nursing homes.
None of what I wrote is does not make any sense. The one that is showing signs of slipping into senility is YOU....who just can’t grasp easy to understand concepts and the written word.

All to cover up your lame failure to actually read what I originally wrote, and then not man enough to admit that he did so and then goes on a dishonest tirade. So sad.

YardRat
09-12-2023, 05:29 PM

So let's add to these, what? 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 fumble, 5 sacks, and a whopping 236 yards? At least Cook out-carried and out-gained him in rushing this time.

The Jets defense has been Allen's kryptonite for three straight games now.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 05:50 PM
Thank god it's over ....... at least for us.

**** Jets week.

notacon
09-13-2023, 12:51 PM

So is Sean McDermott....and so was/is Leslie Frazier.

Chet
09-15-2023, 02:10 AM
Yeah, Frazier is so respected around the league that he's returning shopping carts at Topps this season. If Sean McDermott were fired tomorrow he might have one more shot at an NFL HC job, but it would be to usher a bottom feeder through another rebuild. Then his fate would be intertwined with if he lucks into another Josh Allen/franchise QB.

Neither of those guys would ever be brought in to take a talented and/or underachieving team to the promised land. That is reserved for the best and most innovative coaches. Those who can adapt

notacon
09-15-2023, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Frazier is so respected around the league that he's returning shopping carts at Topps this season. If Sean McDermott were fired tomorrow he might have one more shot at an NFL HC job, but it would be to usher a bottom feeder through another rebuild. Then his fate would be intertwined with if he lucks into another Josh Allen/franchise QB.

Neither of those guys would ever be brought in to take a talented and/or underachieving team to the promised land. That is reserved for the best and most innovative coaches. Those who can adapt

Seriously??? Jesus. What a low life dishonest smear.

In reality he’s an analyst on NFL Network.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 600px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1692346962002018400&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D263749&sessionId=3758600f6f882cbac5ade7b7996124373eda6a32&theme=light&widgetsVersion=aaf4084522e3a%3A1674595607486&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1692346962002018400"></iframe>
I wonder how much respect YOU would get around the NFL??? :rolleyes:<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2b2d73daf636805223fb11d48f3e94f7.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

DetoxTent
09-15-2023, 06:22 PM

Yeah Frazier is so respected, he respected himself respected himself right outta the league. ROFL.

notacon
09-16-2023, 01:08 PM
Yeah Frazier is so respected, he respected himself respected himself right outta the league. ROFL.

:rofl: How ****ing lame.

Mr. Pink
09-16-2023, 03:18 PM
I look at things differently when it comes to Frazier.

How much of a trainwreck was the defensive scheming/philosophy/McDermott meddling must there have been for a guy who's been in the game for years to just up and quit 1 out of only 32 jobs in the country?