X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

At 2 min mark

I thought the strategy would be to go for first downs instead of end zone right away. Make sure you get the field goal in the bag, like real close. Make the Chiefs using their timeouts. Then at the very end, taking shots to the end zone try to go up and give Mahomes very little time. Because they should NOT have high confidence the D can stop them.

Instead Josh is shooting for TD as the first read. I don't get it. I really don't get it. I thought that would be something they talk about in the 2 min break.

The whole game they are running the ball, using Josh's legs, keeping their D on the heels. They just went away right there.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: At 2 min mark

Thought same thing.

Brady play calling blows.

We havent had WRs since he took over.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

KC pretty much shut down the run game in the second half.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Shakir out of the backfield is such a weapon.

No Benford no Bernard was too much to overcome.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

I still feel Josh will eventually get it. But another off-season where he will replay this over and over

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

He hits Diggs, probably a first down to the side line at 20 yard line. Now you have another 3 downs to get closer or have easier shot to the end zone.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Josh just couldn't help himself.

Comment

• Borosai
                • Sep 2003

Josh definitely made the wrong choice there. He should've gone to Diggs, and I don't know what the hell the next play call was. However, this should have been a strategy that was discussed with him and made clear before those plays, but coaching during the game is not a thing for the Bills. Work during the week, trust the process, and hope everything works out on game day.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

This is why I love Belichick, and Tom Brady would probably admit later in his life that He is what he was as a football player in part because of Belichick: Belichick coached Brady hard. Numerous reports that Belichick would call out Tom in team film study loud during Tom's heydays.

Josh is smart so he may get it eventually, but I want someone to coach him hard to speed up the development and maturity.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    KC pretty much shut down the run game in the second half.
                    Not really.

Instead of running Cook outside, they started running him into the teeth of their defense,....up the middle.

That put us into second and third and longs.

They pulled the same thing against Pittsburgh, Miami and New England.

That's play calling.

Comment

• Klaista2k
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      I still feel Josh will eventually get it. But another off-season where he will replay this over and over

All he had to do was move a little in the pocket and that's an easy touchdown.

So frustrating. SMH.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

I've been telling everyone for at least two years that "The Bills Have a QB Problem".

Yesterday highlighted (once again) the conundrum that is he Josh Allen Experience™ as was accurately cited in the opening line of that prescient thread....

"Josh Allen is THE reason the Bills are considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender, and Josh Allen will be THE reason they don’t even get there, much less win it."

At least he did not throw any boneheaded INT's yesterday....although he tired to fumble it away. After making an amazing throw to Shakir in the corner of the end zone the sometimes head scratching decisions in the most critical times come back to haunt the Bills.

The sequence when the Bills had the ball, down only 3 points, get the ball with 8:23 at their won 20 after the KC fumble through the end zone. EXACTLY The big play the Bills needed and a perfect opportunity to put the previous losses in the playoffs to KC behind Josh and the team.

The smart way forward is what we all thought was being planned. Run down the clock, score a go ahead TD and leave as little time on the clock as you can.

During the game, it was obvious that KC was doing all they can to take away the downfield play. Josh had a whooping 16 throws behind the line of scrimmage. Besides the first play...the long, perfectly thrown dime to Diggs, that he drooped like Kadarius Toney, every one of Josh's throws were short. Dink and dunk down the filed. Eat the clock.

Then, 2nd down and 9 at the Chiefs' 26 yard line, 2:00 to go in the fourth quarter. And the whole plan blows up and Josh makes a boneheaded decision (or Brady made a boneheaded call or BOTH)....going for the TD instead passing up a sure first down....eating more clock and forcing KC to use their time outs. 1st down at the KC 18 or 17 yard line with the clock ticking and at the worst providing a much easier tying FG would have been ideal.

Even if Diggs does not get the 1st down, he would have been darn close. Eat the clock.

The diagram of the play looks just as bad as the replay....

I mean...WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING JOSH!?!?!?

Besides the fact that Diggs was wide open....the SMART GAME SITUATION is to NOT score a TD too quickly!!!!

It's obvious that Josh Allen IS a superstar and an undeniable elite QB. I believe that he will (eventually) win a SB. BUT, Mahomes is simply better. He makes better decision and makes less mistakes. Mahomes played a perfect game yesterday....Josh played an almost perfect game.

The difference between "perfect" and "almost perfect" is a tiny slice of incredibly narrow difference, but is the difference between going to six straight AFCC games and thee Super Bowls with two Super Bowl wins and getting booted form the divisional round three years in a row.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

I was honestly thinking, "what kind of ridiculous shenanigans are going to happen to make the Bills lose this game?"

A. They score a TD too fast and Mahomes does what Mahomes does and leads a TD drive to win it.

B. They're forced to kick a FG and Mahomes does 13 seconds part deux to win it.

C. They kick a FG to tie the game with little time left, Mahomes gets the OT kickoff and we never see the ball.

What happened, Bass missing a chip shot wasn't even on the bingo card of thinking...

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

This is a great thread. Allen said at the pc, "I wanted… [to throw deep to Shakir there]". That is the wrong want. First downs, getting 10 yards, are as valuable as points. He should've known the situation AND it should've been coached out of him by JB and McD at the 2min warning. Neither happened and here we are.

Bills playing checkers instead of chess again costs the entire community. People who spend $1000s / 100s of hrs on this stuff. Makes you think.

Comment

• T&C
                              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              I was honestly thinking, "what kind of ridiculous shenanigans are going to happen to make the Bills lose this game?"

A. They score a TD too fast and Mahomes does what Mahomes does and leads a TD drive to win it.

B. They're forced to kick a FG and Mahomes does 13 seconds part deux to win it.

C. They kick a FG to tie the game with little time left, Mahomes gets the OT kickoff and we never see the ball.

What happened, Bass missing a chip shot wasn't even on the bingo card of thinking...
                              C. wouldn't have happened with the rule change a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X