PDA

View Full Version : You'd better hope we win Sunday

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 08:11 AM
No AFC team in the last five years has made it to the SuperBowl without first being beaten by the Dolphins. And since I doubt that we'll beat you in Buffalo in December, here's your chance:up:

muestafa1
09-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
No AFC team in the last five years has made it to the SuperBowl without first being beaten by the Dolphins. And since I doubt that we'll beat you in Buffalo in December, here's your chance:up:

Wow... How kind of you to extend such a gracious offer!

:chuckle:

BADTHINGSMAN
09-19-2003, 08:35 AM
Sounds tempting, but Buffalo will be the first..

Aero II
09-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Last 5 years? I thought all you Fish Fans based everything on stats from 1972.

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Aero II
Last 5 years? I thought all you Fish Fans based everything on stats from 1972.

Well gee...considering that some of your Bills brothers were bringing up your pre-merger Championships yesterday, who are you to talk?

IHateTheDullphins
09-19-2003, 08:51 AM
:puke:

Aero II
09-19-2003, 09:06 AM

Well gee...considering that some of your Bills brothers were bringing up your pre-merger Championships yesterday, who are you to talk?
Well, that was a hostile response. Who am I to talk? By that, you must put Fish fans that in the same catagory as those Bills fans who did bring up the 64-65 Championships. Anyone can take any statistics and turn them to their advantage. Sounds like you would prefer to live in a world where you are the only one that is heard. If you'd like, I'm sure that we could let you just start your own thread where you can respond to yourself.

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 09:23 AM

Well, that was a hostile response. Who am I to talk? By that, you must put Fish fans that in the same catagory as those Bills fans who did bring up the 64-65 Championships. Anyone can take any statistics and turn them to their advantage. Sounds like you would prefer to live in a world where you are the only one that is heard. If you'd like, I'm sure that we could let you just start your own thread where you can respond to yourself.

And accusing all Phin fans of living in 1972 was a friendly comment? Actually, I would put Phin fans who talk about '72 in the same class as Bills fans who talk about 64-65, if those fans are using those dates as any kind of indication of present performance. In both instances those conversations are inane. As for not wanting any outside feedback, I saw nothing wrong with the two comments which preceded yours, and treated them accordingly. Bottom line, don't throw out a negative comment and not expect one back. Or do you feel that you're the only one allowed to make ascerbic quips?

Aero II
09-19-2003, 09:50 AM

And accusing all Phin fans of living in 1972 was a friendly comment? Actually, I would put Phin fans who talk about '72 in the same class as Bills fans who talk about 64-65, if those fans are using those dates as any kind of indication of present performance. In both instances those conversations are inane. As for not wanting any outside feedback, I saw nothing wrong with the two comments which preceded yours, and treated them accordingly. Bottom line, don't throw out a negative comment and not expect one back. Or do you feel that you're the only one allowed to make ascerbic quips?

Not at all. Your 72 fins are negative? Most fish fans that I talk to bring up that season with glee to defend their point when it comes to Super Bowls and winning seasons. A post that ends with

who are you to talk?
can in most circumstances be construed as a wish for one not to respond. That is the equivelant to "Shut your mouth, you have no right to respond."

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 12:19 PM

Not at all. Your 72 fins are negative? Most fish fans that I talk to bring up that season with glee to defend their point when it comes to Super Bowls and winning seasons. A post that ends with

can in most circumstances be construed as a wish for one not to respond. That is the equivelant to "Shut your mouth, you have no right to respond."

The exact comment was "I thought all you Fish Fans based everything on stats from 1972." Yes, that's a negative comment. It implies that I'm one of those fans who have to resort to the "we had the only perfect season", comment. And implying that ALL Phin fans make those comments when there are posts from Bills fans referencing the older Championships produced my comment "who are you to talk". That comment is not a declaration of a persons right to respond...it's a declaration of the pot calling the kettle black. And to avoid any further potential miscommunication, I'll break it down..

1)You made the comment that all Phin fans base "everything" on the Perfect Season.

2)On this board there are Bills fans who resorted to their 60's era Championships in order to make a point.

3)You are more than welcome to make any comment that doesn't violate the TOS. That's why we're all here afterall. But if I feel that comment is an attack and/or either unjustified or part of a double standard, I reserve the right to respond in kind.

Aero II
09-19-2003, 01:03 PM
I know you but what am I?

:D

SABURZFAN
09-19-2003, 01:06 PM

you aren't the homer that posted that on the ESPN board,are you?

:laughter:

yeah..i want the BILLS to lose because of that.:rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

you aren't the homer that posted that on the ESPN board,are you?

:laughter:

yeah..i want the BILLS to lose because of that.:rolleyes:

Nope...just a fan posting some light hearted smack.

SABURZFAN
09-19-2003, 01:12 PM

Nope...just a fan posting some light hearted smack.

ok Dave.