PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone contact Shoebel?

justasportsfan
09-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Smith has played well in place of injured Mark Dixon (ankle), getting beat for a sack only once, by the Bills' Aaron Schobel on Sunday night. Not bad for a rookie.

"I think I pretty much underestimated his speed and that was it," Smith said. "

"He didn't have any more."

http://www.naplesnews.com/03/09/sports/e12193a.htm

They can say what they want now. Can 't wait til the next game.

R. Rich
09-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Looks like a fairly decent write-up about the kid, justa. No obvious digs at the team or anything like that. He did okay this time, and should get his props for that. Now, the December game may be a bit different (at least, we hope it will be).

Disgustipatex
09-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Again Schobel? He held John Abraham sackless, holds his own against Jason Taylor in practice, and knocked Hugh Douglas' helmet off twice in preseason. He shouldnt be too concerned about Schobel, who is probabaly the 7th best DE in the AFC East.

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Well Schobel is no slouch though he had 8.5 sacks last year. I sure don't mind that kind of production, it's the otherside that has to get it going!:)

IHateTheDullphins
09-25-2003, 03:03 PM
:lol:

justasportsfan
09-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Looks like a fairly decent write-up about the kid, justa. No obvious digs at the team or anything like that. He did okay this time, and should get his props for that. Now, the December game may be a bit different (at least, we hope it will be).

It's not trying to let Shobel know what people are saying about him, but his not being dominant against a rookie. He needs to pick up more than just 8 sacks this year. So far, our DE's are nothing but average.

Miami_Vice
09-25-2003, 03:14 PM
8.5 sacks?!?!?! BWHAHAHAHA!!!

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice
8.5 sacks?!?!?! BWHAHAHAHA!!!

I never said 8.5 sack was great, I think it is ok though. WHat does Jason Taylor have this year BWHAHAHAHA!:violin: :dink:

justasportsfan
09-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I never said 8.5 sack was great, I think it is ok though. WHat does Jason Taylor have this year BWHAHAHAHA!:violin: :dink:

That shut him up :snicker:

Miami_Vice
09-25-2003, 03:25 PM
dont doubt taylor, he will break out. Just watch...

By the way, our defense had 4 sacks againist the Bills. THANKS BLEEDSOE! LOL

Miami_Vice
09-25-2003, 03:26 PM
No justafin, it didnt shut me up :)

R. Rich
09-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
It's not trying to let Shobel know what people are saying about him, but his not being dominant against a rookie. He needs to pick up more than just 8 sacks this year. So far, our DE's are nothing but average.

No argument here. I've been saying that ever since the preseason game against the Ravens. They do not look that good against the run and the pass rush from the edge is not that great either. Schobel's only move is to try and run around the tackle. He does not try to go inside and does not have the power to go through someone with a bull rush. Denney looked okay in the opener, but has been awful quiet since. We still have a long way to go, and they could get better and make an impact in the pass rush and against the off tackle running plays.

Miami_Vice
09-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Dont hold your breath R Rich

justasportsfan
09-25-2003, 03:39 PM
dont doubt taylor, he will break out. Just watch...

Don't hold your breath.

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Don't hold your breath.

Shhh leave him alone if he wants to that it is fine with me!:ko:

TedMock
09-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Why is 8.5 sacks funny? It's solid, not great but good. Nobody said he was great. He's a 3rd year end who's game has improved each season. I don't mind a little smack but the least you could do is hold yourself out to have some knowledge of the game. How many sacks did Taylor have in year 2? Hey, lets take a look and find out......

YEAR G GS Sacks
1997 13 11 5
1998 16 15 9
1999 15 15 2.5
2000 16 16 14.5
2001 16 16 8.5
2002 16 16 18.5
2003 3 3 0.5

Now lets look at Schobel's first few seasons..
2001 16 11 6.5
2002 16 16 8.5
2003 3 3 1.5

Think before you speak.

Miami_Vice
09-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Ummm I did think before I spoke and Taylor is hands down better than Shoebel...dont embarass yourself

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Ummm I did think before I spoke and Taylor is hands down better than Shoebel...dont embarass yourself

You obviously missed the whole point!:dink: :woeisme: :ebenezer:

StanMarino13
09-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Back to the original story I dont think theres anything bad u can say about a 3rd round Lt thats come in and started all the games and hasnt been a liability to the o line. Hell he was only a lt for two years in college before that he was a te. Nothing wrong with Schobel, he's young and really hasnt had any support from the other De to avoid double teams.

RedEyE
09-25-2003, 04:47 PM
These F'n morons keep floating over here. They squeek out one win and then think that the world owes them something. I didn't see of these idiots posting before the game. I'm certain their mouth was closed after that horrible loss to Houston. It's this type of behavior that gives the good Dolphins fans a bad name.

Schobel:

5 solo tackles / 5 asst. / 1.5 sack / 1 pass def.

Taylor:

0 solo tackles / 3 asst. / .5 sack

stats from NFL.com after 3 games

Taylor - what a contributor.

StanMarino13
09-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Well Taylor does take double teams and does open things up for the other guys to get in there for sacks. He hasnt really dominated like last year no doubt about that. Maybe he has taken in too much of his own press and isnt working on the field as hard who knows. After 3 games and one of them against the lowly texans i expected him to have at least 3 sacks at this point. Hells im even sure a few of u did as well. Hopefully he breaks outta the rut after the bye week, but yeah right now acompared to last year he hasnt performed.

RedEyE
09-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
Well Taylor does take double teams and does open things up for the other guys to get in there for sacks. He hasnt really dominated like last year no doubt about that. Maybe he has taken in too much of his own press and isnt working on the field as hard who knows. After 3 games and one of them against the lowly texans i expected him to have at least 3 sacks at this point. Hells im even sure a few of u did as well. Hopefully he breaks outta the rut after the bye week, but yeah right now acompared to last year he hasnt performed.

Of course, I know that . Taylor has been a competitor for years. A certain other person just blasted in here with blinders on all the while making asinine comments based on zero facts. I hope you understand that I wasn't referring to you earlier.

StanMarino13
09-25-2003, 05:16 PM
OH ok :)

Bulldog
09-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13

Maybe Taylor is spending too much of his energy drilling Zach's sister!:secret:

helmetguy
09-25-2003, 09:06 PM
You obviously missed the whole point!:dink: :woeisme: :ebenezer:

Did you REALLY expect him to GET the point? If so, that's soooo charitable of you!

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Did you REALLY expect him to GET the point? If so, that's soooo charitable of you!

I try to help out as many misininformed fish fans as I can. Hopefully it's not too late!?!:peacesign :huh:

helmetguy
09-25-2003, 09:22 PM
I try to help out as many misininformed fish fans as I can. Hopefully it's not too late!?!:peacesign :huh:

You're all heart, Spaz!

TedMock
09-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Stan, I in no way think Schobel's better than Taylor at this point and I think Taylor's an awesome end. I was trying to prove a point to Miami Vice that in his first 2 seasons Taylor was no better than Schobel's been. He obviously didn't get the point, which is actually what I expected, and doesn't "get it" as you do. I wasn't jabbing at you or Taylor at all. Just the other guy guy for wearing blinders.

stuckincincy
09-26-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm not qualified to work with children but if I read enough fishfan posts I certainly shall be.