PDA

View Full Version : Art modell -- Hall of Fame Canidate???

bob the football fan
10-10-2003, 09:00 PM
WHERE WOULD YOU RATER BE THAN RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

I was looking at the prelimnary nominations for the2004 hall of Fame,and guess who is on it??? None other than the man who stole the dawg pound from the shores of Lake Erie Arthur Modell. I have no idea why this person is even being considered. This man took his franchise, and ripped the heart out of Cleveland's Civic soul, when he move his team to Baltimore. I really hope that his nomination does not go any further. For Mr. Modell to be elected to the Hall of Fame would be tantimount to legitimizing the relocation of a football team, by an owner.

Allright then Let's Discuss.....:feedback:

GOD BLESS AMERICA
NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER,11TH,2001 :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :yankee: :yankee: :yankee: :yankee:

Michael82
10-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Not to mention, Canton, Ohio is somewhat by Cleveland. Could you imagine all the fans that would go there just to Boo him? :snicker:

Lori
10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Not to mention, Canton, Ohio is somewhat by Cleveland. Could you imagine all the fans that would go there just to Boo him? :snicker:

Modell was a finalist a coupe of years ago. Seems like I remember reading an op-ed piece in one of the Cleveland papers back then, that suggested if he were actually elected, a torch-bearing mob of Browns fans would march to Canton and burn it to the ground.....

(And if by some unimaginable happenstance Modell gets in instead of Ralph, I'd be more than happy to join them...)

Michael82
10-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Lori
Modell was a finalist a coupe of years ago. Seems like I remember reading an op-ed piece in one of the Cleveland papers back then, that suggested if he were actually elected, a torch-bearing mob of Browns fans would march to Canton and burn it to the ground.....

(And if by some unimaginable happenstance Modell gets in instead of Ralph, I'd be more than happy to join them...)

Oh, so would I! If that :angry: gets elected into the Hall before Ralph, I will go NUTS!!! I could just picture the Browns' fans burning Canton to the ground. It would be INSANE, that is why I don't see him going in anytime soon.

Dozerdog
10-10-2003, 10:14 PM
In the long run, Cleveland should be glad Modell left.

If they stayed, they would not have won the super bowl-

Moved to NFL Forum....

The_Philster
10-11-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
In the long run, Cleveland should be glad Modell left.

If they stayed, they would not have won the super bowl-
Cleveland has yet to win the Super Bowl.....and I think they weren't exactly thrilled that Baltimore won it either.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2003, 07:26 AM
If Modell makes the Hall before Ralph, they ought to tear the place down.