PDA

View Full Version : How can we beat KC?

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2003, 12:54 PM
It's great that we had a good game against Washington. We came out running and pounding and that's what we said all along that we're supposed to do.

But now we have a very tough game ahead of us, going into Arrowhead to play the still undefeated Chiefs (and yes, they'll win tonight too).

What's the best way to beat these guys? Obviously our D will have to play top notch. But I don't think our offense can be semi-one-dimensional like we have been in the past few games. It's either all pass like in all previous games, or all run like yesterday's.

How do we beat KC??? I'm very worried about this game.

mybills
10-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Don't worry, I think Takeo has a speech ready! ;)

seriously, I'm hoping they stick with the running game. Hopefully Moulds will be back in too, for the occaisional bomb!

Billzz
10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
KC's defense blows. The team is not what it's record appears. Look at the points per game they allow and you will find your anwser.

Concerns are Crowd noise, Special teams and Trent Green because I believe we can stop Holmes and make them one dimensional.

Bonuses are a new found running game backed by a very physical team on both sides of the ball. Get off to a early start pounding the ball making positive yards/first downs and take the crowd out of the game.

Kick punts out of bounds because there is no reason to let Dante even touch it except for kickoffs with the leg we posses. Don't get cute trying to go away from him on kickoffs and give them the ball on the 40.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers. You can slow em down but you can't keep em down. Keep the offenese of KC off the field.

Easy to type, tuff to do I know.

Patrick76777
10-20-2003, 01:06 PM
EASY!!!!!

Kick it out of bounds.

Without Hall, KC is 3-3!

Patrick76777
10-20-2003, 01:08 PM
I being serious, Kick it out of bounds! KC will proably get the ball between the 30 and 35 every time anyway, so why not give them the extra 5 - 10 yards? Kick it out of bounds.

justasportsfan
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

How do we beat KC??? I'm very worried about this game.

Break the qb's arm and kidnapp their rb.

Drewpac
Establish the running game.
Do NOT let Dante Hall beat you.
Stop Holmes and make Green beat you through the air.

I would really like our chances in this game if it were in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
Seriously, if the same D we had yesterday shows up and we run the ball and keep their O off the field, we can win.

stuckincincy
10-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Play a plain-vanilla defensive set. Teams have been puttin' in "wrinkles" to stop them...and KC to their credit have noticed and taken advantage. Play 'em straight. Forget "anti-Hall" tactics...the refs have been giving them beau coup latitude on their returns...nothing to be done about that.

Kc pass def is vulnerable short and long. My 2 cents.

Patrick76777
10-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Forget "anti-Hall" tactics...the refs have been giving them beau coup latitude on their returns...nothing to be done about that.

beau coup? is that how you spell it? That's really cool. I like that word, but I would have spelled it Buku! And probably looked like an idiot!

Billzz
10-20-2003, 01:21 PM
KC is 13 out of 16 total defense in the AFC and 26th overall in YPG. Have to wait and see what happens with a very DESPERATE raiders team tonight to get a real feel on how they will handle the short week, something else to our advantage not to mention we have a bye week coming up. I can see T-Hen getting the rock 30-35 times on sunday night.

Holmes had been playing hurt we will see how durable there #1 offensive weapon can be during a 6 day period with 2 tuff games.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

beau coup? is that how you spell it? That's really cool. I like that word, but I would have spelled it Buku! And probably looked like an idiot!
I hope you're kidding. It's actually spelled beaucoup (one word) and it's French that means many (or a lot).

Yes, Mr. Miyagi is a multi-lingual person. :miyagi:

RedEyE
10-20-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure the Bills can beat KC in KC. ...anyway, here it goes...Control the clock! The coaches have to stick to the game plan. If you're down by 10 to 17 points mid 2nd qrtr. don't stop running the ball. Keep pounding it. Running the ball controls the clock, the momentum, and keeps KC's offense (Preist Holmes) off the field.

I hope the Josh Reed of week 7 shows up. He is an important part of the Bills current offensive scheme. His routes are more condusive to Bledsoe's range of visibilty down field. If Reed is dropping passes next Sunday, there will be a lot of 3 and outs for Buffalo.

I think....no...I know the Bills corners can shut down KC's receiving squad. Holmes is the obvious concern here. He is going to brutalize and expose the middle of the Bills DL. London Fletcher needs to have the game of his career next week. If he has to he needs to tie a leash to Holmes' jersey. And a better pass rush would be highly recommended.

Patrick76777
10-20-2003, 03:07 PM

I hope you're kidding.

Well what the hell is that supposed to mean? An intelligent person asks questions and can admit they're wrong or that they don't know something. I know BOKU means and I have used BOKU many times. However, I've never used BOKU in an instance where I would have had to write it down! So NO, I didn't know how to properly spell BOKU! I really do not see what is wrong with that!

RedEyE
10-20-2003, 03:09 PM

Well what the hell is that supposed to mean? An intelligent person asks questions and can admit they're wrong or that they don't know something. I know BOKU means and I have used BOKU many times. However, I've never used BOKU in an instance where I would have had to write it down! So NO, I didn't know how to properly spell BOKU! I really do not see what is wrong with that!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. People just enjoy giving you a hard time.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2003, 03:09 PM

The only stupid question is one that is not asked. :up:

Patrick76777
10-20-2003, 03:12 PM
I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!

Will McGahee Fast
10-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Travis Henry

Run the ball.. Keep their offense off the field and more importantly keep our defense off the field. They are not going to have a cakewalk defending the Chiefs, so lets give them as much rest as we can.

Run the ball early and often and Drew will be able to pick them apart later on.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Will McGahee Fast
Travis Henry

Run the ball.. Keep their offense off the field and more importantly keep our defense off the field. They are not going to have a cakewalk defending the Chiefs, so lets give them as much rest as we can.

Run the ball early and often and Drew will be able to pick them apart later on.
I think you hit the nail just in the head.

BillsFever
10-20-2003, 03:59 PM
"How can we beat KC?"

Get somebody to poison their meal before the game.

Earthquake Enyart
10-20-2003, 04:18 PM
The only stupid question is one that is not asked. :up:

That's stupid. There are plenty of stupid questions asked. :eek:

Especially around here.

Jsyn
10-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Bills fan living in KC.

Keys to beating KC:

Dont' kick to dante hall in the 4th quarter. Teams have shut him down the entire game only to have him return one in the final quarter. Doing this the entire game is stupid and just gives the chiefs great field position. Kick the ball out of bounds on a kickoff and stop the chiefs after say, 1 first down, they are at least at the 50 yard line and will punt inside the 20, the last thing the bills O wants to do is start the game or a drive inside the 20 at arrowhead.

Contain Tony Gonzalez. Linebackers are too slow and safety is too small.

Run the ball, KC's defense has been on the field alot and they tend to wear down. Without that Ahman Green fumble, I don't think KC wins that game. The chiefs rely on their defensive front to put pressure on to cover up a weak secondary. The chiefs have given up alot of yards, but they also come up with big plays. It's like a bend but don't break and make a big play defense.

Pressure Trent Green. If the game is close trent has a tendancy to choke. Whenever the chiefs get down they go to priest. Trent throws a pick, KC comes back with 6 straight running plays. OT in Green Bay, the chiefs got the ball first and did nothing but run the ball(except the TD pass)

It should be a great game, just like last years, hopefully this game isn't decided on a Drew Bledsoe quack pass(the warfield pick at the end).

TedMock
10-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

That's stupid. There are plenty of stupid questions asked. :eek:

Especially around here.

To quote Chris "Dean" Berman: "There's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people who ask these questions."

venis2k1
10-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Jsyn

Bills have some of the fastest LBs in the league my friend.

TedMock
10-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Gonzalez is who scares me most. Against us he should be their best weapon. Our LB's are fast but they're not "cover guys" so I think they'll do fine containing Holmes but Gonzalez in route could be a challenge. Hopefully he'll be Takeo's responsibility. Posey's done more coverage than I'm comfortable with this season and it's not his strong point. He's doing a good job turning plays around and getting after the ball but coverage isn't his strength. Fletcher has good speed but at 5'9" he stands much less of a chance against the much taller Gonzalez.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Prioleau isn't a small guy, but he could never cover TG completely.

stuckincincy
10-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Bills fan living in KC.

Keys to beating KC:

Dont' kick to dante hall in the 4th quarter. Teams have shut him down the entire game only to have him return one in the final quarter. Doing this the entire game is stupid and just gives the chiefs great field position. Kick the ball out of bounds on a kickoff and stop the chiefs after say, 1 first down, they are at least at the 50 yard line and will punt inside the 20, the last thing the bills O wants to do is start the game or a drive inside the 20 at arrowhead.

Run the ball, KC's defense has been on the field alot and they tend to wear down. Without that Ahman Green fumble, I don't think KC wins that game. The chiefs rely on their defensive front to put pressure on to cover up a weak secondary. The chiefs have given up alot of yards, but they also come up with big plays. It's like a bend but don't break and make a big play defense.

Pressure Trent Green. If the game is close trent has a tendancy to choke. Whenever the chiefs get down they go to priest. Trent throws a pick, KC comes back with 6 straight running plays. OT in Green Bay, the chiefs got the ball first and did nothing but run the ball(except the TD pass)

It should be a great game, just like last years, hopefully this game isn't decided on a Drew Bledsoe quack pass(the warfield pick at the end).

:up: Jysn.
Thanks for the inside info...it' s always good to get some local eyes on an upcoming game, for sure! C.mon back soon...

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2003, 04:58 PM
I think if we score more points we will win.

mybills
10-20-2003, 08:16 PM
:lol: Obviously!

ArcticWildMan
10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

:hail:

Devin
10-20-2003, 09:02 PM
guns.....thats the ticket. We bring guns, and ermmm grenades.

helmetguy
10-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

You have a deathgrip on the blatantly obvious!

BuffaloRanger
10-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Has Gonzales done much this year?

Ingtar33
10-21-2003, 01:07 AM
How to beat the chiefs?

well that’s sort of a wild card question since they have not lost yet but here comes an answer.

Run and stop the run. Statistically, the chiefs have a worse run D than we do, which is amazing if you think about it considering how often they've played with the lead. Their LBs are only "sort of" fast and rather small in size, their D-line is a pass-rushing unit not a run stopping one, with poor discipline from their DTs, who often abandon their lanes, and who can get caught in stunts.

Our Defense will do well against their offense. Small shifty backs tend to do damage to us, due to the fact our LBers still don't hold their gap responsibilities well... however, slower backs, like Priest Homes (i say slow with regard to how fast the RB hits the hole), tend to have problems against us. Our LBers are among the fastest in the league, and Gonzalas will spend most of the day double covered by a LB and Safety, probably Posey and Milloy. The Bills are phasing Prioleau out of the starting Defense in favor of Reese, who is a much better pass defender then Prioleau.

Our defense has played its best when the coaches are aggressive sending heavy blitzes. The Chiefs simply don't have the WRs to make us pay for that next week, so expect to see plenty of all out blitzes. Green is not a good QB under pressure, and the Chiefs will try to protect him with a lot of draws, screens and dump passes.

The chiefs, much like the dolphins, live and die by their running game. When Holmes is going they are unstoppable, when he isn't they struggle mightily.

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 01:15 AM
So what it breaks down to Ing, is the play of our offensive line :)

Cntrygal
10-21-2003, 06:01 AM
Bills fan living in KC.

Keys to beating KC:

Welcome Jsyn!!!! :up:

Cntrygal
10-21-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
How to beat the chiefs?

well that’s sort of a wild card question since they have not lost yet but here comes an answer.

Run and stop the run. Statistically, the chiefs have a worse run D than we do, which is amazing if you think about it considering how often they've played with the lead. Their LBs are only "sort of" fast and rather small in size, their D-line is a pass-rushing unit not a run stopping one, with poor discipline from their DTs, who often abandon their lanes, and who can get caught in stunts.

Our Defense will do well against their offense. Small shifty backs tend to do damage to us, due to the fact our LBers still don't hold their gap responsibilities well... however, slower backs, like Priest Homes (i say slow with regard to how fast the RB hits the hole), tend to have problems against us. Our LBers are among the fastest in the league, and Gonzalas will spend most of the day double covered by a LB and Safety, probably Posey and Milloy. The Bills are phasing Prioleau out of the starting Defense in favor of Reese, who is a much better pass defender then Prioleau.

Our defense has played its best when the coaches are aggressive sending heavy blitzes. The Chiefs simply don't have the WRs to make us pay for that next week, so expect to see plenty of all out blitzes. Green is not a good QB under pressure, and the Chiefs will try to protect him with a lot of draws, screens and dump passes.

The chiefs, much like the dolphins, live and die by their running game. When Holmes is going they are unstoppable, when he isn't they struggle mightily.

Glad to see that you're back!! :)