PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Wideout needed

BillsNick
12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
There has been a lot of talk about our offensive needs, especially at WR.

I would like to know everyones oppinion on who you would like to see us get, whether it be through FA or the college Draft.

I honestly don't know enough about who is out there to make a judgement, but I have seen a bit of this Fitgerald fella, though it seems he may go too high for us to pick..

:feedback:

SoCalBillsFan
12-12-2003, 12:30 PM
fitsgerald will be gone by the team we pick

BillsNick
12-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
fitsgerald will be gone by the team we pick

That's what I figured. Too bad, he is truly amazing.

IHateTheDullphins
12-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Dennis Northcutt will be available in the offseason, and he's got some wheels. Might be kinda cheap too.

ryven
12-12-2003, 01:57 PM
can someone explain why we need a WR

Tatonka
12-12-2003, 02:00 PM
option 1 - darrell jackson
option 2 - dennis northcutt.

Tatonka
12-12-2003, 02:01 PM
btw, there is no sense in drafting one.. WRs take years to develop, unless you get a rarity like moss or boldin..

we already have reed and aikens... we dont need more young guys.

ShadowHawk7
12-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ryven

Nice Ryven, hes rite, we need to focus on a better, more solid OL and DL. Rite now Peerless couldn't get down the field without a sack.

TigerJ
12-12-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't think a speed receiver is the top need for the Bills, but I think it could help out the passing game. After almost two full seasons, I'm convinced that Reed will never be more than a possession receiver. I don't mean that as an insult, but he's just not a game breaker and he doesn't force defences to make special accommodations. When you have players that force the other team to do something out of the ordinary, it opens other things up. Aiken is the same way. He's Reed with about 4 more inches of height.

There are some guys Buffalo might pick up later in the draft. Ohio State had a WR named Drew Carter who is one of the fastest players in the country. He's 6'4" to boot. Physically, he's a Randy Moss clone. He's not been as productive as a college player. He entered college too light and he's been somewhat injury prone. The Bills might be able to pick him up in the latter rounds because he blew a knee in October. He won't contribute much next year, but if he can put his injury behind him, he could be special later. Unlike, Moss, he's supposed to be a high character guy.

Jeremiah Cockeran is a WR from Hawaii who runs a sub 4.3 40. He's smaller, about the size of Peerless Price, but has been very productive for the Rainbow Warriors. Hopefully, Buffalo will have a new OC next year, but if they don't revamp their offence, Cockeran plays under run and shoot guru, June Jones. He's used to making the kind of reads that Gilbride expects on his receivers. That just might help his learning curve.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
option 1 - darrell jackson
option 2 - dennis northcutt.

Very good options..:up:

IHateTheDullphins
12-13-2003, 09:53 AM

We need a speed demon who can stretch the field. It's not our top issue, but I would say it's an issue that must be addressed this offseason. We don't have any speed at reciever.

ryven
12-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

We need a speed demon who can stretch the field. It's not our top issue, but I would say it's an issue that must be addressed this offseason. We don't have any speed at reciever.

antonio brown.

ryven
12-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Nice Ryven, hes rite, we need to focus on a better, more solid OL and DL. Rite now Peerless couldn't get down the field without a sack.

Thank you very much its just Reed is starting to come along and we have moulds. If we go with a run first Offense then what we have will do just fine.

BillsNick
12-13-2003, 01:11 PM

antonio brown.

He's fast but he's very small. They won't utilize him at wideout, but it would be interesting to see them try it.

ShadowHawk7
12-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I don't think a speed receiver is the top need for the Bills, but I think it could help out the passing game. After almost two full seasons, I'm convinced that Reed will never be more than a possession receiver. I don't mean that as an insult, but he's just not a game breaker and he doesn't force defences to make special accommodations. When you have players that force the other team to do something out of the ordinary, it opens other things up. Aiken is the same way. He's Reed with about 4 more inches of height.

There are some guys Buffalo might pick up later in the draft. Ohio State had a WR named Drew Carter who is one of the fastest players in the country. He's 6'4" to boot. Physically, he's a Randy Moss clone. He's not been as productive as a college player. He entered college too light and he's been somewhat injury prone. The Bills might be able to pick him up in the latter rounds because he blew a knee in October. He won't contribute much next year, but if he can put his injury behind him, he could be special later. Unlike, Moss, he's supposed to be a high character guy.

Jeremiah Cockeran is a WR from Hawaii who runs a sub 4.3 40. He's smaller, about the size of Peerless Price, but has been very productive for the Rainbow Warriors. Hopefully, Buffalo will have a new OC next year, but if they don't revamp their offence, Cockeran plays under run and shoot guru, June Jones. He's used to making the kind of reads that Gilbride expects on his receivers. That just might help his learning curve.

great post, Drew Carter would be PERFECT.

THenPitBull
12-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Point well taken, WR's take years to develop unless you have God like talent like a Moss, I think a speed receiver is something of high importance, mainly to stretch the field, it makes Reed alot more affective because then his ability to work the middle of the field becomes enhanced because D's are forced to change their schemes, that's why with peerless he was affective as a 3rd wideout, I saw Darrell Jackson play and I was impressed, I think he would be our best option. In the draft I think we should address the tight end position, get a stud in hn here who can get down the field like Gonzalez or Shockey, everyones's talking about bringing in a speed Wideout when IF bledsoe stays, vital to his success os a stud TE, TE's are vital to a offense and I think the bills suffer from a lack thereof, remember how effective bledsoe was with coates, TE more so than speed wiedouts create difficult matchups for opposing D's, mainly because like shockey, he's too big and strong for defensive backs and he's too fast for linebackers, and you saw what he did for the Giants offense last year, changing subjects, i wouldnt be downtraught if GW stayed, his players play hard for him week in and week out, our D is nasty, which is why we brought GW in, he's a defensive mind, certainly get Gilbride that fat btard out of here because he just flat out stinks, bring in someone who can utilize bledsoe with his strengths, everyone wants to say how bledsoe sucks so bad but, ok he hasnt been great, but lets be realistic the guy cant be successful under this system, i wouldnt mind getting a moble QB in here, cause personally I think bledsoe makes this O-line look even worse than it really is, the Falcons could have the worst O-line in the league and you wouldnt even know it, Vick - God he is God, on that note, if GW can bring in the FREAK id be lovin it because I think he need to address DE in the 1st round certainly if Winfield goes we need a guy who can BRING IT, but if the FREAK comes to B-lo we could address TE (what id like to see) in the 1st round and I think we can address O-line in the free agency, peace

jlruss90
12-13-2003, 06:03 PM
What About Steve Smith as an option? I think Northcut would be good.

Dozerdog
12-13-2003, 07:02 PM
If he's available- sure!

Steve Smith can be a human highlight film sometimes.

Welcome to the Zone!!!!