PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Are We Thinking!!!!

Bled2Hen
04-24-2004, 05:43 PM
J.P LOSMAN, BETTER BE UNITAS, MONTANA, AND KELLY, ALL PACKED IN ONE! WE GAVE UP A 2ND AND A 5TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICES TO THE DALLAS COWBOYS AS WELL AS OUR 1ST ROUND PICK IN NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT! TD IS ACTING LIKE J.P IS THE BEST QB EVER! I WOULD HAVE TRADED OUR 2ND ROUND PICK TO GET HIM. OK I WOULD HAVE SOLD MY 5TH TOO, BUT OUR FIRST? GUYS THIS IS BADD. J.P FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND HAD A BETTER WORKOUT THAN ELI MANNING. I THINK THE GUY IS GOING TO BE A GREAT PLAYER, IN 2 YEARS OR SO. BUT I KNOW WE GAVE UP TOO MUCH FOR THIS GUY. I LIKE DREW, I'M A DREW SUPPORTER, I CAN ADMIT, HE WAS HORRIBLE LAST SEASON. I THINK WITH THE ADDITION OF EVENS, AND MOULDS ON THE OPPOSITE, ALSO THROW REED IN THERE AS WELL, WITH OUR RUNNING BACK DUO, AND OUR GREAT DEFENSE, I THINK DREW IS GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR! I WOULD'NT GIVE J.P A CHANCE TO PLAY QB FOR 2 YEARS, AT LEAST. BLEDSOE IS GOING TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR THIS YEAR, I JUST KNOW IT. THIS PICK BASICALLY SAID BYE BYE DREW. BECAUSE J.P WAS BASSICALLY A FIRST ROUND PICK TIMES 2, AND PLUS MORE. STUPID FUCCIN TRADE REALLY FUCCIN STUPID. TOM DONAHOE SHOULD BE FUCCIN FIRED! J.P IS GOOD, AND HE IS GOING TO BE OUR QB FOR THE FUTURE, BUT, WE GAVE UP WAY TOO MUCH FOR HIM. YOU KNOW WHAT TOO, I THINK HE WOULD HAVE DROPPED ALL THE WAY TO US! NOBODY NEEDED A QB, AND NOBODY HAS TAKEN ANY SINCE US. WE MADE A BAD MISTAKE, AND WE HAVE AN INSTANT STARTER IN EVENS, AND A QB, WHO CAN'T COME IN AND HELP THE TEAM UNTIL POSSIBLY NEXT YEAR, PENDING ON HOW DREW PLAYS. TO ME, THIS TRADE WAS HORRIBLE, AND MY JAW WAS LITERALLY DROPPED WHEN I HEARD TAGLIABUE GO UP TO THE PODIUM AND ANNOUNCE ALL THAT HAPPENED. IM STILL IN SHOCK, AND I'M A FUCCIN PISSED OFF BUFFALO BILLS FAN!

Novacane
04-24-2004, 05:48 PM
If you expect people to read your posts kill the caps lock!

saviorbledsoe
04-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I read it. Is it harder to read CAPITAL LETTERS FTG? :)

Bled2Hen
04-24-2004, 05:54 PM
FORGET THE CAP LOCKS,,,,, IM TALKING ABOUT THE BILLS HERE!

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Nope, can't read it.

Turf
04-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I can't read that ****.

Philly Zoner
04-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm all for Bledsoe having a GREAT year, don't get me wrong, I like the guy. but that said, we have to draft assuming that he won't, and that's exactly what we did.

If Bledsoe has a great year, then we WIN...and the 1st round draft pick that we just traded away for Losman will be in the high 20's, early 30s--not that big a deal. If Bledsoe sucks it up, then we'll at least have an exciting prospect waiting to take over. I see this angle as a no lose situation

The_Philster
04-24-2004, 10:07 PM
:dizzy:

imbondz
04-24-2004, 10:09 PM
I got to the 5th sentence :bravo:

Demon
04-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Donahoe is killing this team for NOW and is killing us for the future. I guess "rebuilding" mode is over since we are able to deal first round picks like it's nothing. Oh wait, we havn't made the playoffs in 3 years and probably won't next season.

matt
04-24-2004, 10:15 PM
I dont get how you think we gave up 2 firsts, we used a first round pick on him. Whether we used it this year or next it was one first like everyone else. We gave up a second and fifth to use are next years first this year.

Demon
04-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by matt
I dont get how you think we gave up 2 firsts, we used a first round pick on him. Whether we used it this year or next it was one first like everyone else. We gave up a second and fifth to use are next years first this year.

We could have probably moved up in the 2nd round and picked Losman. I don't think i saw him being a first rounder on any mock draft.

Demon
04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Besides, next years first we will have a 10-15 pick......... but i guess Losman is good enough. Riiiiight.

matt
04-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Green Bay was going to take him at 25, atleast that is what the rumor was.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2004, 10:19 PM
During the draft I heard that the Rams were looking at him..There were a couple teams that would have takin him as a #2..

Rams(Warner is probably gone)
Chiefs
Panthers(needed other Pos. more though)

I think it was a good move, No way were we going to get Big Ben.. Texans wanted there pick for the CB thay got.. Steelers wouldnt have traded with us because they wanted Big Ben as well.. Jacksonville might have, but then people would still complain about getting Evans to high.. Its a move that needed to be done to get a young QB n a Bills uniform..

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 10:26 PM
No way Losman made it outta the first. The packers, then the Rams, then a few others, were waiting to snatch him up. A great, but pricey, move IMO..

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 10:34 PM
whiners.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 10:35 PM
ps.. i cant read that garbage ass cap lock ****

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Seriously, Bled2Hen, do you want some cheese with that whine?

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2004, 10:42 PM
I agree "T" alot of whiners.. Buffalo gets what they get.. No matter how much whining takes place at the end of the day The Bills have

Lee Evans
J.P. Losman
Tim Anderson

Whining wont change that..

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 10:42 PM
If you want us to take you seriously, instead of some 13 year old cry baby, kill the caps locks, and calmly explain to us why you think our Day 1 sucks. Hey, I'm a Bledsoe supporter too, and I'm still really excited forwhat Losman can do in a few years. So just chill.
Or try yoga.

DBam
04-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Green Bay (according to their fan site) is pissed that Buffalo selected him.....

Halbert
04-24-2004, 10:46 PM
NO I CAN'T STOP YELLIN' CUZ THAT'S JUST HOW I TALK!

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2004, 10:48 PM
That's great! My younger brother is a avid Pack fan, and he didn't watch anymore of the draft after the Bills stole Losman from him. :snicker2:

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

Can you whisper than??:beer:

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Donahoe is killing this team for NOW and is killing us for the future. I guess "rebuilding" mode is over since we are able to deal first round picks like it's nothing. Oh wait, we havn't made the playoffs in 3 years and probably won't next season.

:bf1:

mikemac2001
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
ok we got a 1st round pick so the 1st rounders negate each other, but we gain on that because we get a player now this can help in negotiations with the bledsoe contract or if we dont want him we can focus on jp next year. id say that is the value of the 5th rd pick so we gave up a 2nd rounder in my eye;s for a future QB i can deal with the move i dont think its that bad, but i liked losman the whole time so im glad we got him.

Tatonka
04-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

I'm Rick James, *****!

Samuel Jackson Beer. rofl.

CWOUSARET
04-25-2004, 12:06 AM
two quick points here - 1.) one way or another we will have a 1st round pick next year - t.d. has a plan (even though he may have not let you in on it) - it was a daring move and a good one to boot; 2.) either take some valium - or increase the volts in your treatment - it will help you!

DraftBoy
04-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I'm Rick James, *****!

Samuel Jackson Beer. rofl.

NO!

Im Rick James, Biotch!

hey Bled2Hen whats gonna be your username for the 05 season? Bledsoe is basically gone (thank god) and either Henry or Willis will likely be adios, so whats it gonna be?

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I'll tell you exactly Wtf Are We Thinking!!!!

We are looking at the here and now as well as the future-

Moulds & Bledsoe are our two most expensive players vs he cap by far.

Pro Bowlers in 2002 and pretty much crap in 2003- they make $15 million vs the cap next season and are a combined 62 years of age. Buffalo is setting itself up Cap wise down the road

Dozerdog
04-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
:bf1:

I don't get it Mr C- you want Bledsoe run out on a rail- we get his replacement, and ya ***** and moan about it?

I get the feeling the Bills will do no right in your eyes no matter what happened- unless all 31 other teams conspire to allow the Bills to get your guys in the draft on your terms.

toughluck
04-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Thank you Dozerdog, all the negativity is crap. Mr. C, have you sat down and talked to the players we drafted, or any of our coaches? Have you sat down and watched hours of game from last year to determine exactly what we needed and didn't? Did you sit down and have interviews/discussions or personally go and watch draft picks work out? If you answer no, then how can you bust on TD and company for making picks after doing all of the above? How can you, or anyone else on this board possibly know more about these players or make better judgements than the coaches and scouts who make this their life. I am NOT claiming I know any of the above, or have done any of the above, I am simply willing to let these guys do their jobs.

naugem
04-25-2004, 03:01 AM
I think TD is hoping to get a 1st round pick for Travis Henry or Willis McGahee next year...

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I don't get it Mr C- you want Bledsoe run out on a rail- we get his replacement, and ya ***** and moan about it?

I get the feeling the Bills will do no right in your eyes no matter what happened- unless all 31 other teams conspire to allow the Bills to get your guys in the draft on your terms.

I answered this one already in another post but I can restate...no worries. :)

I want Drew cut, a vet signed and our franchise QB for the future drafted. As far as I'm concerned, none of these things have happened. As far as I'm concerned, the Bills are not moving forward without this plan.

As I and many others (including Ingtar) said, Losman is not a franchise QB and (excluding ingtar) felt he was not worth 2, 5, and #1 in 05. Yes, we could all be wrong. So could TD.

Honestly I feel that since we weren't able to get into the big 3, our legitimate chance for a franchise QB dropped to almost nil. That's why I'm so pissed. In that case he should have gone for other areas, e.g., OT/DE, and saved next year's #1. I have a strong feeling is it going to be a similar pick to this year's.

The other thing with losing the #1 means if JP isn't any good, we have 2 more years at least until we are in position to draft again, although if TD is still around, he's like to make us wait another to save his ass. So that mean more uncertainty, false hopes, misery, etc. for another 3-4 years unless TD is gone after 2. Losman (if a bust) can go the way of Couch and the Bills won't have a problem drafting a new QB in 2 years if TD is gone.

WE NEED STABILITY AT QB OR THIS TEAM WILL GO NOWHERE.

[from Leo Roth]
'But if the Bills don’t land that young arm now, that whole process is delayed yet another season.

Buffalo is way overdue in the drafting and developing of a starting quarterback. Try 20 years.

Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, way back in 1983, was the first and last quarterback the Bills drafted in the first round. Even as his career began to slow, the Bills’ only attempt at planning for the future was taking Todd Collins in the second round in 1995. Since then, they’ve drafted 78 players, none of them QBs.

Oh, Buffalo hasn’t been shy about giving away No. 1 picks for other team’s rejects: Rob Johnson in 1998 and Bledsoe in 2003. The Bills are a combined 23-36 with Johnson and Bledsoe. Could a solid young prospect do any worse?

Yes, the draft is like throwing darts. But it’s time the Bills stop throwing darts at other team’s misses or has-beens. This is as good a year as any."

So the debate comes down to this:

1. We got that franchise young arm now and are in position to finally move ahead.

2. We got "a" young arm but would have been better positioned with a Big 3 qb instead. Risk now is high with loss of picks and overall opinion he is not a frachise QB,

Fryin' The Fish
04-25-2004, 03:39 AM
dude...Bledsoe is done with, give it up. He was past his prime a few years back

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Fryin' The Fish
dude...Bledsoe is done with, give it up. He was past his prime a few years back

Who are you talking to? I hope not me, otherwise you must have ignored every post I've made in the last 3 months. :D

BigZ
04-25-2004, 06:04 AM
I made it to the forth sentence then my eyes gave out. Stop the CAPS!!!!