PDA

View Full Version : According to Paul Hamilton - - Troy Vincent is...

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 07:38 AM
stretching the truth just a little. It appears the hit on Losman was intentional. Paul Hamilton reports he was about 10 feet from the incident and that they did more than "click shoulderpads". Losman cut inside and was letting up figuring he was not going to be hit. Vincent put his shoulder into him and knocked him down. Hamilton reports there is some grumbling that Losman was rubbing players the wrong way because he was not sliding during preseason games and that he is cocky. He reports this was a "sending a message hit" but believes there was no intent to injure...

...way to go Mr. "Union President" Vincent

BAM
08-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Here we go again. :D

What's funny is ... everyone that was there saw something different. L O L.

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 07:43 AM
That's a painful lesson for JP as far as scrambling too much is concerned.

"...way to go Mr. "Union President" Vincent"
No need to react so soon Mikey. That's his version.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 07:50 AM
That's why WGR has turned to hell....even their beat reporter is out to cause controversy. I've been very disappointed with WGR for the training camp stuff this year and I believe Paul Hamilton is full of crap! He should stick with the ****ing Sabres. :cynic:

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 07:53 AM
That's why WGR has turned to hell....even their beat reporter is out to cause controversy. I've been very disappointed with WGR for the training camp stuff this year and I believe Paul Hamilton is full of crap! He should stick with the ****ing Sabres. :cynic:Good observation, EB :up:

FTG
08-25-2004, 08:03 AM
I agree JP needed to learn to get the hell out of bounds but Losman had a red jersey on. Vincent should not have touched him at all. That jerk better have 10 int's this year

Pride
08-25-2004, 08:09 AM
I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.

doug45
08-25-2004, 08:09 AM
I agree JP needed to learn to get the hell out of bounds but Losman had a red jersey on. Vincent should not have touched him at all. That jerk better have 10 int's this year

I was happy to see a QB with a little guts. He will learn but this isn't the way.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:15 AM
I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.
The QBs are off limits...

FTG
08-25-2004, 08:18 AM

Last I knew red jersey meant don't hit, period.

Also, there was no QB controversy! 2 or 3 people on this board thought JP should start. Thats not a QB controversy.

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 08:18 AM

all good points... yeah.. if he crosses the line.. he is a rb now.

and yeah.. he should learn to slide.

and yeah.. the controvesy is dead for sure now..

but that is ridiculous about vincent..

yeah.. lets beleive some nobody beat reporter over the guy who was right there..

wonder why we havent heard from losman yet..

again.. some stupid controversy stirred up by the media or an agent, and has nothing to do with the players.

doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it.. he is starting to think he is a rb.. well i guess the rb should not have let up when he cut back inside.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:19 AM

yeah.. lets beleive some nobody beat reporter over the guy who was right there..

again.. some stupid controversy stirred up by the media or an agent, and has nothing to do with the players.
Thank you! :bf1:

That's exactly what I've been saying. :up:

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Last I knew red jersey meant don't hit, period.

Also, there was no QB controversy! 2 or 3 people on this board thought JP should start. Thats not a QB controversy.
JP was far far from ready to play...

Jan Reimers
08-25-2004, 08:24 AM
It's football, and guys get hurt, even by mistake. We all know that TV had no intent to injure JP. It was simply an unfortunate accident.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:25 AM
doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it..

you could please explain that one...nobody ever deserves a broken leg at the hands of his own teammate...no fan would want that...

Patrick76777
08-25-2004, 08:27 AM

doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it.. he is starting to think he is a rb.. well i guess the rb should not have let up when he cut back inside.

Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.
did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Not that I want JP injured but his insistence of not sliding WILL turn him into a Rob Johnson . Thank heavens it happened while he isn't the starter. Hopefully he'll learn from this. Go Zolman!!!! :couch:

Patrick76777
08-25-2004, 08:30 AM
did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

Was listening to Stern. But now I'm pissed, When did you call and what happened?

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 08:39 AM
you could please explain that one...nobody ever deserves a broken leg at the hands of his own teammate...no fan would want that...

i didnt say he deserved a broken leg..

i said that he is hurt.. and he deserved to be HIT.. if he wants to act like a tough guy RB.. then he needs to be hit like a RB..

unfortunately.. he looks a little fragile.. because it was not like he took a massive shot.. troy leaned into the kid a little, and his leg snapped like a twig.

i wish i could say that this doesnt sound frightningly similar to rob johnson.. but it does.

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 08:45 AM
and his leg snapped like a twig.

You'd make a great reporter. Nice overreaction/ exaxggeration.

Bill Brasky
08-25-2004, 08:49 AM

I agree. This isn't powderpuff, it's the NFL. If JP was "letting up", aka slowing down - running half assed, on the play like Hamilton is suggesting, then he gets what is coming to him... and that goes for every guy on the team, not just JP. There is no way that Vincent was out to intentionally injure one of his teammates... that just something that doesn't happen amongst teammates at any level of football. I think JP learned his leason that if he's gonna stick his nose in there on every play, esp at this level, he better go hard or this is what will happen. Like my old coach said... "you take a play off and you will wind up dead".

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 08:53 AM
You'd make a great reporter. Nice overreaction/ exaxggeration.

he took a bump in the shoulder and broke his leg..

snapping like a twig would be my way of saying he took a shot that most nfl players could have taken but ended up breaking his leg.

i should have explained better though.

i hope it was a freak thing.. i dont want to deal with another RJ.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 09:23 AM

snapping like a twig would be my way of saying he took a shot that most nfl players could have taken but ended up breaking his leg.

OK, now I see why you think I created two threads comparing JP to RJ...notice I did not mention RJ in this thread??

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:24 AM

It wasn't really the fact that he took a bump in his shoulder. I think what happened is, he was running, and ran into Vincent, the hit knocked him down and he probably twisted his leg some weird way as he was going down. That put stress on the bone, and it cracked. Believe me, he's not another RJ. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I think what happened is, .....but Mikey was there and witnessed it himself.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
WGR ****ing sucks an dalways have since the days of Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson. Oh an ddid I mention they said we were keeping Flutie according to ther sources when really someone just faxed them a lletter and put associated press on the botom of it,

chernobylwraiths
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't know why people are getting all bent on Vincent when, even if he drilled him in the chest with his shoulder, that wouldn't cause a broken leg. It had to have been a freak accident.

Even Mularkey said that Losman let up at the end and that he should never do that.

elltrain22
08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
sounds accurate to me, and if so, that is pretty crappy on TV's part. Even if he didn't mean to sideline him, that is pretty f**ked up.

tampabay25690
08-25-2004, 11:23 AM

I agree a little bit but I bet he wasn't ready for the hit.....REMEMBER, it is his own team isn't it!!!!! Then why would you hit your QB anyway!!!

kgun12
08-25-2004, 11:24 AM
WGR overreacts and starts rumors ALL the time. They still haven't gotten over the fact the WNSA killed them in ratings all the time, so the reported and still eport CRAP!. The station is as bad as the "coach" at the end of his career was.

Maybe there was suppose to be a message in what TV did, BUT I don't think he meant to hurt him!

I also will take mikey's word over those idiots at WGR.

Besides if there was more to it don't you think if someone is going to OVERreact it's going to be mikey. lol!

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
sounds accurate to me, and if so, that is pretty crappy on TV's part. Even if he didn't mean to sideline him, that is pretty f**ked up.

Doesn't sound accurate according to Vincent and Mularkey.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
I agree a little bit but I bet he wasn't ready for the hit.....REMEMBER, it is his own team isn't it!!!!! Then why would you hit your QB anyway!!!
Obviously, Losman needed to be "taught a lesson" :;

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Obviously, Losman needed to be "taught a lesson" :;

It was an accident and there is no proof otherwise.

FTG
08-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Doesn't sound accurate according to Vincent and Mularkey.

You really don't think they would say so if Vincent was trying to teach him a lesson do you? Think theres hype in the media now about this. All hell would break lose then

FTG
08-25-2004, 11:39 AM
It was an accident and there is no proof otherwise.
Hurting him was obviuosly and accident! Hitting him an accident ? I'm not so sure. I'd like the hear from other reporters that were there and saw it

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:41 AM
You really don't think they would say so if Vincent was trying to teach him a lesson do you? Think theres hype in the media now about this. All hell would break lose then

I would think if there was anything wrong Mularkey woudl have said it was a stupid play also he was asked if any fines were goign to be handed out an dhe said if it was on purpose yes but I watched the film an ddon't see that as necessary. PEopel need to calm the **** down and quit makin ga mountain out a mole hill or digging for **** that just isn't there. You wonder why newspapers go ga-ga for these types of stories.

FTG
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
The way the media would run with it is exactly why Mularkey would not admit it publically if he felt Vincent could have pulled up and not hit JP.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:45 AM
The way the media would run with it is exactly why Mularkey would not admit it publically if he felt Vincent could have pulled up and not hit JP.

The coach, Vincent, the other players and Losman all say it was an accident.

Who are you to question the people who were there and demand an explaination or video to prove Vincent'a innocence?

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:45 AM
I still don't see the problem....RED SHIRT MEANS DON'T HIT...what am I missing??

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I still don't see the problem....RED SHIRT MEANS DON'T HIT...what am I missing??

That's is the problem it wasn't a hit it was accidental contact.

FTG
08-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I agree. There are some major homers here that think no Bill can do any wrong.

FTG
08-25-2004, 11:48 AM
That's is the problem it wasn't a hit it was accidental contact.

at least thats the story

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-25-2004, 11:49 AM
That's why WGR has turned to hell....even their beat reporter is out to cause controversy. I've been very disappointed with WGR for the training camp stuff this year and I believe Paul Hamilton is full of crap! He should stick with the ****ing Sabres. :cynic:

can you say Jeff Morison BILLS beat reporter he's more accurate on what's happening in Training camp than Paul Hamilton. I'm glad Howard still has him on and that he didn't leave when WNSA went off the air. Hamilton is full of it and he does a terrible job with the SABRES also WGR stinks and that should've been the station that went off the air NOT WNSA.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:50 AM
at least thats the story

Have proof other wise.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree. There are some major homers here that think no Bill can do any wrong.
He was watching to keep him in bounds and couldn't tell he had a red shirt on??? Come on. Why even go near the guy that far downfield during practice??

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:52 AM
can you say Jeff Morison BILLS beat reporter he's more accurate on what's happening in Training camp than Paul Hamilton. I'm glad Howard still has him on and that he didn't leave when WNSA went off the air. Hamilton is full of it and he does a terrible job with the SABRES also WGR stinks and that should've been the station that went off the air NOT WNSA.

Exactly I'll wait and hear what Morrison says. If he backs up Hamiltons story then fine but if not there is no ****ing story.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Morrison is so good that he has bounced around Buffalo airwaves for almost 20 years with no permanent gig...:rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Morrison is so good that he has bounced around Buffalo airwaves for almost 20 years with no permanent gig...:rolleyes:

Has he ever reported bad information?

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
over 20 years?? I am sure he has been inaccurate at least once or he would have had a permanent job in this town.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Has he ever reported bad information?
think about it this way...he used to be WGR...they gave a woman caller a permenant spot rather than hire him!

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:56 AM
over 20 years?? I am sure he has been inaccurate at least once or he would have had a permanent job in this town.

It a hell of a lot better than Hamilton's record that's for sure.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
think about it this way...he used to be WGR...they gave a woman caller a permenant spot rather than hire him!

I guarantee it was about going crazy about stories which is what Hamilton is doing.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
It a hell of a lot better than Hamilton's record that's for sure.
see above

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 11:59 AM
I guarantee it was about going crazy about stories which is what Hamilton is doing.
did you ever hear her (Ann Burke)? again, they gave a caller a radio gig over somebody who worked there.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 11:59 AM
see above

I can give 2 ****s it's about creditability at this point and I would rather have that. :tired:

madness
08-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Why is Vincent getting all the blame? If JP has a red shirt and sees a defender coming, why did he turn up field instead of going out of bounds? Is it somehow gratifying to gain extra yards when you know you can't be hit? I think JP thought he was playing flag football.

While the stories are getting straightened out, I'm going to go on the field with a red jersey, point my finger a 1/2 inch from TKO's face and dance while repeating "I'm not touching you!" Over and over again.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 12:01 PM
I can give 2 ****s it's about creditability at this point and I would rather have that. :tired:
that's just my point...they thought a woman caller had more credibility than a guy already working with them...

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 12:02 PM
that's just my point...they thought a woman caller had more credibility than a guy already working with them...

Yeah sure you call them for that information...

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Why is Vincent getting all the blame? If JP has a red shirt and sees a defender coming, why did he turn up field instead of going out of bounds? Is it somehow gratifying to gain extra yards when you know you can't be hit? I think JP thought he was playing flag football.
According to Mularkey, he was not going out of bounds...in fact the coach said he was "letting up on the play"...doesn't sound like he was going after extra yards...

FTG
08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
we will never know the truth. I just think it's funny how people are saying there is no story, all media hype. Then the same people say Mularkey would publically admit if he thought Vincent intentionally hit JP. The media would run wild with that. Yeah, Mularkey would throw them that piece of red meat :rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah sure you call them for that information...

Not only that why are you bringing up this Ann Burke garbage? I'm talking about Hamilton who has brought up this ****.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
we will never know the truth. I just think it's funny how people are saying there is no story, all media hype. Then the same people say Mularkey would publically admit if he thought Vincent intentionally hit JP. The media would run wild with that. Yeah, Mularkey would throw them that piece of red meat :rolleyes:

Hey if you want to think everything is a conspiracy then be my guest. I am just going by what the coaches and players have said. If you or I had video we could judge it but we don't so what else are we supposed to beleive.

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 12:10 PM
if the qb runs.. you can hit him.

FTG
08-25-2004, 12:13 PM

If true thats stupid and should be changed. I bet they are not allowed to hit Vick in falcons camp if he runs

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 12:51 PM
As they reported one more than one media outlet in this town "RED SHIRT MEANS NO HIT"....:rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 12:53 PM
As they reported one more than one media outlet in this town "RED SHIRT MEANS NO HIT"....:rolleyes:

Flat out tackle no contact yes.

nodnarb
08-25-2004, 01:32 PM
he's always negative about something. and not in a constructive way. he seems almost determined to undermine the team.

as a source for content, he's among the worst.

Risin
08-25-2004, 01:57 PM

The QB is not to be touched, period. Accidents happen though. :;

juice
08-25-2004, 02:09 PM

Those are HS scrimmage rules, not NFL 1st round pick practice rules.

Red means stop or Two hand Touch on the QB.

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 02:28 PM
it is not like troy wrapped the guy up and slammed him to the ground.

people are assuming that troy actually hit the kid..

someone PLEASE tell me.. what does troy get out of hurting one of the bright spots on the team.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
it is not like troy wrapped the guy up and slammed him to the ground.

people are assuming that troy actually hit the kid..

someone PLEASE tell me.. what does troy get out of hurting one of the bright spots on the team.

Don't worry T we know the correct way to think and not go off of conspiracy theories.

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:32 PM

no one said he hurt him intentionally. Is it so far fetched to think in the heat of the moment he laid his pads into him when he should not have?

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Don't worry T we know the correct way to think and not go off of conspiracy theories.

YOU know how to be a :homer: No one on the Bills can ever do wrong.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:38 PM
YOU know how to be a :homer: No one on the Bills can ever do wrong.

You have all the conspiracy theories in order just waiting for the correct time to presest your evidence. :crazy:

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
no one said he hurt him intentionally. Is it so far fetched to think in the heat of the moment he laid his pads into him when he should not have?
I agree...nobody says he hurt him intentionally...I just think he may have hit him intentionally...

Parrotfish
08-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Funny, but I'm sure if that had been RJ people would be blaming him for getting injured. Everyone here is piling on Troy Vincent. Sounds like minimal contact was made and JP made a klutz move. Very reminiscent of RJ. :skeptic:

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Funny, but I'm sure if that had been RJ people would be blaming him for getting injured. Everyone here is piling on Troy Vincent. Sounds like minimal contact was made and JP made a klutz move. Very reminiscent of RJ. :skeptic:
don't go there...I brought up the same point and folks were very defensive that JP was tough and was never injured before...time will tell...

DraftBoy
08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
If true thats stupid and should be changed. I bet they are not allowed to hit Vick in falcons camp if he runs

I can back that up having been to Falcons camp, you lay a hand on vick when he's running let alone a shoulder, your running laps for the rest of practice. Im with Eb and FTG on this one. Red Shirt means no hit, meant it when I played ball in HS and our QB sucked. I dont see why TV hit him accidental or not especially if what Mularkey says is true (which according to Spaz is) that Losman was pulling up on the play to stop. I also cant possibly in any way see how anybody can say that Losman deserved the hit. He has yet to cause a disruptance in camp that was reported. I dont get it, and I want a goddamn explanation as to why TV laid a shoulder into him!

BUFFALONRTH76
08-25-2004, 04:25 PM
I agree, I'd like an explanation why TV laid his shoulder into him too, but I think we got it already. I could see TV hitting JP intentionally, but I believe the intent to hurt JP was not there at all. Who knows what goes on and is said behind closed doors and amongst teammates.. Maby JP did get a little cocky ( He IS Good, that is for sure..) But he's also young and he's playing in a league amongst grown men, maby he did need to get taught a lesson, maby he didn't, I really don't think we'll ever know, what I do know is from what I've seen of him in the pre season, I think he's going to be one of the great ones!

:peace:

BUFFALONRTH76
08-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Now, the thing I'm worried about is..... In the long run, do you think this injury will hamper/alter/hinder/change his play ( style, and overall performance)??? :scared:

FTG
08-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Now, the thing I'm worried about is..... In the long run, do you think this injury will hamper/alter/hinder/change his play ( style, and overall performance)??? :scared:

hopefully he learns to run out of bounds and avoid being hit. I don't think there will be any othe changes in his play

That Guy
08-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Is this going to change how soon he starts, though? I've been thinking that he could take over as soon as next year, and now I don't know if he's really going to be ready.

FTG
08-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Is this going to change how soon he starts, though? I've been thinking that he could take over as soon as next year, and now I don't know if he's really going to be ready.

If we have a successful season Drew will be starting again next year and this injury won't really hurt. If we blow and Drew does too, this will hurt because Drew will probably be gone and JP expected to start

finsrclowns
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
The outcome is what is upsetting. If TV gives JP a little pop for turning upfield in a 2 minute drill to send a message to a headstrong rookie and JP bounces right back up, is anyone mad at Vincent? No, most of us would say the kid may have learned a lesson that apparently he was a bit slow in getting- that being that NFL defensive players are fast like he is and wacking a running QB is high on every defenders list.

But because JP sustains a freak injury TV is the boogey man. Uh uh. TV shouldn't have hit him but if he saves JP a major injury in the future when we really need him on the field it might be worth it.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 06:38 PM
The funniest part about all of this is...that everyone says that the red jersey is why you don't hit Losman or the others. Did you guys know what they were wearing last training camp? White jerseys, just like the rest of the offense. Does that give the defense the ability to hit the QBs last year? They werent wearing red jerseys. :snicker:

:idunno:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/August4camp%20007.jpg

ArcticWildMan
08-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Red jerseys are worn so stupid **** like this doesn't happen. No contact means NO ****ING CONTACT!! Even a slight bump is supposed to be off limits because of exactly what happened to Losman.

Troy Vincent should be made to wear Losman's jock on his head at every practice until JP is healthy. :mad:

FTG
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
The funniest part about all of this is...that everyone says that the red jersey is why you don't hit Losman or the others. Did you guys know what they were wearing last training camp? White jerseys, just like the rest of the offense. Does that give the defense the ability to hit the QBs last year? They werent wearing red jerseys. :snicker:

:idunno:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/August4camp%20007.jpg

Greg Williams........Nuff said

ArcticWildMan
08-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Greg Williams........Nuff said

:up:

Mad Bomber
08-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I'd rather see Troy break the leg of a QB wearing a blue jersey (Brady) or green jersey (Pennington) than our QB wearing a red jersey. Just a thought...

FTG
08-25-2004, 07:31 PM
I'd rather see Troy break the leg of a QB wearing a blue jersey (Brady) or green jersey (Pennington) than our QB wearing a red jersey. Just a thought...
If he breaks Tom Bradys leg I won't hold this one against him :up:

ScottLawrence
08-25-2004, 07:50 PM
don't go there...I brought up the same point and folks were very defensive that JP was tough and was never injured before...time will tell...

Im not worried.

Losman took a lot of beating in college and was very durable the whole way.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:04 PM
If he breaks Tom Bradys leg I won't hold this one against him :up:
Me either. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
08-25-2004, 08:07 PM
He bumped him. If Vincent absolutely drills Losman, Losman doesn't sustain this injury.

This is the mentality of people these days. Someone's got to be blamed. Doesn't matter that it was a total accident and a freak injury, we have to blame someone. I was listening to WGR and the idiot that was on there was saying that he was very upset with the injury. Losman isn't upset, Mularkey isn't upset, Vincent is sorry that it happened but he isn't apologetic and not upset, but the media guy is upset. God forbid someone tears an ACL when they get back to the Ralph on a cutback move. Some of you will be calling for the head of the guys who laid down the turf.

ArcticWildMan
08-25-2004, 08:11 PM
He bumped him when he wasn't expecting to even be bumped. In a game, he'd be ready for anything. When he's wearing the red jersey, he's not to be touched and he probably let his guard down.

Troy is a vet, JP is not. Troy should have known better, JP did not.

chernobylwraiths
08-25-2004, 08:20 PM
He bumped him when he wasn't expecting to even be bumped. In a game, he'd be ready for anything. When he's wearing the red jersey, he's not to be touched and he probably let his guard down.

Troy is a vet, JP is not. Troy should have known better, JP did not.

There is no such thing in football, even in practice. What if a guy gets knocked into him by accident? As a football player you should ALWAYS expect to be hit, whether you are wearing a red jersey or not. You see QBs get their heads almost severed even when they are running out of bounds and sliding, and they aren't supposed to be touched either. Troy IMO did nothing wrong. He has been a stand up and honest guy his whole career from what I have seen and heard and if he says he didn't mean to hit him, then that is enough for me. He might not have expected it, but Losman will from now on. A good lesson to learn in camp in his rookie season than as a starter several years down the road when it will be a lot harder to change his habits.

Drive 4 Five
08-25-2004, 09:14 PM

Its too bad J.P had to learn the hard way. I was watching the Titans/Bills game on NFL Network and I saw him telling McGahee, "I'll duck out if its a linebacker but if its a safety or cornerback I'm taking them out". That kid is balsy all right...bordering stupid!

Drive 4 Five
08-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Red jerseys are worn so stupid **** like this doesn't happen. No contact means NO ****ING CONTACT!! Even a slight bump is supposed to be off limits because of exactly what happened to Losman.

Troy Vincent should be made to wear Losman's jock on his head at every practice until JP is healthy. :mad:

Truuue that! :mad:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Its too bad J.P had to learn the hard way. I was watching the Titans/Bills game on NFL Network and I saw him telling McGahee, "I'll duck out if its a linebacker but if its a safety or cornerback I'm taking them out". That kid is balsy all right...bordering stupid!

You know that's crazy he was able to see the future so to speak.

That Guy
08-25-2004, 09:34 PM
You know that's crazy he was able to see the future so to speak.

It wasn't exactly seeing the future....

more like 'preparing himself for an ironic mishap'.

elltrain22
08-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I hope he didn't do that on purpose.

Dozerdog
08-25-2004, 10:51 PM
WGR is one of the worst sports stations going.

I tuned in for 10 minutes while in Buffalo on vacation and could not listen. Brian H should get a show there- make something up and create your own controversy

That Guy
08-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Brian H should get a show there- make something up and create your own controversy

He told me that negotiations were already in the works.