Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Paul Hamilton - - Troy Vincent is...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

According to Paul Hamilton - - Troy Vincent is...

stretching the truth just a little. It appears the hit on Losman was intentional. Paul Hamilton reports he was about 10 feet from the incident and that they did more than "click shoulderpads". Losman cut inside and was letting up figuring he was not going to be hit. Vincent put his shoulder into him and knocked him down. Hamilton reports there is some grumbling that Losman was rubbing players the wrong way because he was not sliding during preseason games and that he is cocky. He reports this was a "sending a message hit" but believes there was no intent to injure...

...way to go Mr. "Union President" Vincent

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Here we go again.

What's funny is ... everyone that was there saw something different. L O L.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    That's a painful lesson for JP as far as scrambling too much is concerned.

"...way to go Mr. "Union President" Vincent"
    No need to react so soon Mikey. That's his version.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    That's why WGR has turned to hell....even their beat reporter is out to cause controversy. I've been very disappointed with WGR for the training camp stuff this year and I believe Paul Hamilton is full of crap! He should stick with the ****ing Sabres.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    That's why WGR has turned to hell....even their beat reporter is out to cause controversy. I've been very disappointed with WGR for the training camp stuff this year and I believe Paul Hamilton is full of crap! He should stick with the ****ing Sabres.
    Good observation, EB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree JP needed to learn to get the hell out of bounds but Losman had a red jersey on. Vincent should not have touched him at all. That jerk better have 10 int's this year

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG
    I agree JP needed to learn to get the hell out of bounds but Losman had a red jersey on. Vincent should not have touched him at all. That jerk better have 10 int's this year

I was happy to see a QB with a little guts. He will learn but this isn't the way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride
    I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.
    The QBs are off limits...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Last I knew red jersey meant don't hit, period.

Also, there was no QB controversy! 2 or 3 people on this board thought JP should start. Thats not a QB controversy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

all good points... yeah.. if he crosses the line.. he is a rb now.

and yeah.. he should learn to slide.

and yeah.. the controvesy is dead for sure now..

but that is ridiculous about vincent..

yeah.. lets beleive some nobody beat reporter over the guy who was right there..

wonder why we havent heard from losman yet..

again.. some stupid controversy stirred up by the media or an agent, and has nothing to do with the players.

doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it.. he is starting to think he is a rb.. well i guess the rb should not have let up when he cut back inside.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka

yeah.. lets beleive some nobody beat reporter over the guy who was right there..

again.. some stupid controversy stirred up by the media or an agent, and has nothing to do with the players.
    Thank you!

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG
    Last I knew red jersey meant don't hit, period.

Also, there was no QB controversy! 2 or 3 people on this board thought JP should start. Thats not a QB controversy.
    JP was far far from ready to play...

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    It's football, and guys get hurt, even by mistake. We all know that TV had no intent to injure JP. It was simply an unfortunate accident.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it..
    you could please explain that one...nobody ever deserves a broken leg at the hands of his own teammate...no fan would want that...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it.. he is starting to think he is a rb.. well i guess the rb should not have let up when he cut back inside.

Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.
    Resign our own guys!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick76777
    Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.
    did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Not that I want JP injured but his insistence of not sliding WILL turn him into a Rob Johnson . Thank heavens it happened while he isn't the starter. Hopefully he'll learn from this. Go Zolman!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

Was listening to Stern. But now I'm pissed, When did you call and what happened?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    you could please explain that one...nobody ever deserves a broken leg at the hands of his own teammate...no fan would want that...

i didnt say he deserved a broken leg..

i said that he is hurt.. and he deserved to be HIT.. if he wants to act like a tough guy RB.. then he needs to be hit like a RB..

unfortunately.. he looks a little fragile.. because it was not like he took a massive shot.. troy leaned into the kid a little, and his leg snapped like a twig.

i wish i could say that this doesnt sound frightningly similar to rob johnson.. but it does.