PDA

View Full Version : Fins get a break - Titans lose kicker

G. Host
09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1877121

He, like Christie, had an injury after 53 cut down but before season started so is going on IR. Maybe they get an injury settlement with him and bring him back later in year if whomever they pick up can not handle job. Kickers have been been kicked around this league like footballs.

Brad528
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Nedney used to play for the Dolphins and he was the worst kicker i have ever seen. I wish this guy wasnt hurt

Samphin1
09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Nedney used to play for the Dolphins and he was the worst kicker i have ever seen. I wish this guy wasnt hurt

Oy, I remember Joe Nedney on my beloved Dolphins. He was god awful. He went to the Raiders and was equally pooey as he was with Miami. Then, he went to the Titans and seemed to turn it around. He injured himself in the first game last year and was out for the season as well. Hentrich kicked three fields golas and kicke doff. I imagine he will do the same for the season opener and then Tennesee will sign a new kicker before the second week.

Marino13Phins
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Oy, I remember Joe Nedney on my beloved Dolphins. He was god awful. He went to the Raiders and was equally pooey as he was with Miami. Then, he went to the Titans and seemed to turn it around. He injured himself in the first game last year and was out for the season as well. Hentrich kicked three fields golas and kicke doff. I imagine he will do the same for the season opener and then Tennesee will sign a new kicker before the second week.

Yea I remember him as well, the guy was god awful. He missed extra points like it was his job.

G. Host
09-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Sorry I thought it was a break for you and your team

Jan Reimers
09-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Nedney has always been a terrible kicker. When he goes down, it's addition by subtraction.

Ickybaluky
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
They are going to sign Gary Anderson for short kicks, and they have Henrich for longer ones. Remember, Nedney was hurt last year as well.

I think any break this might be for Miami is offset by the loss of Bowens to a back injury.

TigerJ
09-08-2004, 10:32 PM
They'll be fine. Maybe they'll use this as a rallying cry and really take it to the Dolphins. LOL

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2004, 10:36 PM
They'll be fine. Maybe they'll use this as a rallying cry and really take it to the Dolphins. LOL
:rofl: Everybody loves the kicker.