PDA

View Full Version : I like Mularkey, but...

lordofgun
09-09-2004, 11:18 PM
...I wish we would have waited for Weiss. He's a genius.

The Natrix
09-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Agreed. I was just telling I guy at work today that I wish Weiss would've been hired. Oh well... I do like Mularkey. He seems aight.

Tatonka
09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
geez.. at least give mularkey a chance.. tom clements might be a genius too.

right?

lordofgun
09-09-2004, 11:28 PM
geez.. at least give mularkey a chance.. tom clements might be a genius too.

right?
I would have preferred Weiss. I'm not complaining about Mularkey, but I prefer Weiss.

Mr. Cynical
09-09-2004, 11:31 PM
...I wish we would have waited for Weiss. He's a genius.Agreed. TD passed on Fox and Lewis, and we know how that turned out. :cynic:

Still, I'm willing to give MM a shot. Until we see him in the regular season we really don't know how it is going to go. We could be surprised.

Or pissed.......again. :;

The_Philster
09-10-2004, 02:55 AM
TD didn't pass on Lewis..get the facts straight. Lewis passed on us.

Throne Logic
09-10-2004, 06:11 AM
TD didn't pass on Lewis..get the facts straight. Lewis passed on us.

Just 'cuz Weis is a good play builder doesn't imply he would be a good Head Coach. It's not all game planning. There's a lot more too the job.

thenry20
09-10-2004, 07:08 AM
Agreed. TD passed on Fox and Lewis, and we know how that turned out. :cynic:

Still, I'm willing to give MM a shot. Until we see him in the regular season we really don't know how it is going to go. We could be surprised.

Or pissed.......again. :;

Wow, some people are selectively blind to the facts.

Lewis spit on TD when offered the job!!!! :mad:

Fox didn't want it either because he knew the team was in rebuilding mode.

TigerJ
09-10-2004, 07:11 AM
For my 3,000th post :dance: (pretty pathetic beside LOG and Philster I know), maybe Mularkey is this year's John Fox or Marvin Lewis. Personally, I don't like to look back and second guess team decisions, at least not until after they turn sour. LOL

The Spaz
09-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Wow would you let the coaching staff coach there 1st game damn????:shakeno:

lordofgun
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Yes I will. I was simply expressing my feelings that I would have preferred Weiss. Is there a problem with that?

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I like how Weis looks. He's edgy.

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 08:48 AM

Agreed... Lets let MM and crew get a couple under their belts before we start screaming for a replacement.. LoL.. but no i understand what the guys are saying... We got who we got because of TD and i honestly dont think it was a horrible choice.. but time will tell as with all things...

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I like how Weis looks. He's edgy.

EDGY.. LoL..

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2004, 08:50 AM
just 2 comments for me.... 1 positive, 1 neg.

1- (pos) Wasn't GW a "genious" on defensive schemes? Not passing judgement on Weiss, just trying to point out that being a great coordinator doesn't necessarily mean being a great HC.

and

2- (neg) Now, I watch a LOT of football. I admit Pittsburgh is not high on my list of MUST see game, unless they are playing Baltimore. Now, I can say, of what I saw at least, in 3 years of Mularkey being the OC in Pitts, I never once though "man this is a great Offense... who is coaching it?"....

2b- (just to not sound too negative, i'll play devil's advocate to myself)... BUT I think that Pittsburgh lacked any TRUE weapons on Offense that could amekt hem really impressive... i mean making the playoffs with Kordell Stewart as your QB MUST count for something. And their O players developed very nicely while he was there (Ward, and Burress for a while was.)

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh, and i never saw them putn from the 30 on 4th and a few inches if it means anything.

The Spaz
09-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Yes I will. I was simply expressing my feelings that I would have preferred Weiss. Is there a problem with that?

Yeah.:snicker:

lordofgun
09-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh, and i never saw them putn from the 30 on 4th and a few inches if it means anything.
:ill: