PDA

View Full Version : Give Me A Break People, Pats are the Best...

HAMMER
09-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Why cant' the majority of this board sack up and admit that until someone proves otherwise the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

The comments people are making are downright foolish and come across as ignorant. Two years ago I might have said Brady's success was a product of good coaching and play calling. That is certainly not the only reason anymore, he is extremely accurate, composed, driven, etc, etc. I know the Colts offense outplayed the Pats defense, and I am as pissed as anyone that they lost. But good teams find a way to win, Edge's fumble on the goalline was a result of the huge shot that Wilfork put on him as the second man in. I realize some of this is denial and homerism but it doesn't come across well. I am as big a Bills fan as any, watched the Juice run wild at Rich when I was knee high. Saw the greatest comeback ever, went to two SB's, etc.... But come on folks, this team is great, no excuses.

Patrick76777
09-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Why cant' the majority of this board sack up and admit that until someone proves otherwise the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

The comments people are making are downright foolish and come across as ignorant. Two years ago I might have said Brady's success was a product of good coaching and play calling. That is certainly not the only reason anymore, he is extremely accurate, composed, driven, etc, etc. I know the Colts offense outplayed the Pats defense, and I am as pissed as anyone that they lost. But good teams find a way to win, Edge's fumble on the goalline was a result of the huge shot that Wilfork put on him as the second man in. I realize some of this is denial and homerism but it doesn't come across well. I am as big a Bills fan as any, watched the Juice run wild at Rich when I was knee high. Saw the greatest comeback ever, went to two SB's, etc.... But come on folks, this team is great, no excuses.

I thought this thread was about me. It would have been way cooler if it were.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
the Pats find ways to win.they don't really excel in one area but play above-average in all aspects of the game.

Bill Brasky
09-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

I would say that there are more QB's with better skills than him... but he certainly has played better than any other QB in recent memory, and I think it's simply because he has a good team around him... his recievers are ALWAYS open. I couldn't keep track of how many times I saw him pass to a reciever with virtually no coverage last night. But to his credit he rarely makes a bad play and he gets rid of the ball extremely quick.

Just watching some of the plays/throws he made last night I was in awe, esp that cross-field pass late in the game... you don't see many QB's with enough smarts to make that kind of pass.

Tatonka
09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
i have always know the pats are good and that tom brady is great.. but i dont have to talk about it.. and it makes me feel better to say that they suck.. so i will keep doing.

f the pats

f brady.

:D

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Brady Blows!

HAMMER
09-10-2004, 01:18 PM
i have always know the pats are good and that tom brady is great.. but i dont have to talk about it.. and it makes me feel better to say that they suck.. so i will keep doing.

f the pats

f brady.

That I can understand.

Patrick76777
09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
That I can understand.

Well think of it this way, How did you cope from 1988 thru 1998 with losing to the Bills all the time?

mybills
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey HAMMER from San Diego..I dare you to live here in NE and say that. You'll change your tune in no time! :snicker:

HAMMER
09-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Well think of it this way, How did you cope from 1988 thru 1998 with losing to the Bills all the time?

I don't think you read my first post entirely, I am a HUGE Bills fan.

Patrick76777
09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't think you read my first post entirely, I am a HUGE Bills fan.

My bad. I'm just in a silly, F-around Mode today. Not really taking anything seriously.

mybills
09-10-2004, 01:34 PM
I read it...try being a Bills fan in New England. It sucks! :down:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-10-2004, 01:50 PM

f the pats

f brady.

:stupid:

bernielivsey_1
09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
:scared: You guys watch and see. MMul will come out with 4 and 5 wide with no RB so we can pick apart the Jags just like the PATS, cause with Drews escapability and our O line they cant pressure the QB enough to fluster him. And..........scene. You have just witnessed a Bills wet fantasy. :fury:

The Spaz
09-10-2004, 02:04 PM

f the pats

f brady.

My feelings exactly!! :peace:

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 02:09 PM

f the pats

f brady.

WOO HOO.. YEAH MAN.. I AGREE... WHY DO WE HAVE TO ADMIT IT.. Its like my Pot Habit.. I know I got one.. Everyone that knows me knows I have One.. But SHHHHHH.. Dont Talk About It!!! :dance:

Michael82
09-10-2004, 02:12 PM
WOO HOO.. YEAH MAN.. I AGREE... WHY DO WE HAVE TO ADMIT IT.. Its like my Pot Habit.. I know I got one.. Everyone that knows me knows I have One.. But SHHHHHH.. Dont Talk About It!!! :dance:
EXACTLY! :snicker:

:puke: Patriots

:puke: Tom "Candy Ass" Brady

:puke: Bill Belichick

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 02:30 PM
EXACTLY! :snicker:

:puke: Patriots

:puke: Tom "Candy Ass" Brady

:puke: Bill Belichick

Couldnt of said it better.... I love the puking smiley faces.. they Rock

illusionone
09-10-2004, 03:12 PM

I feel that pain!!!!

Try wearing a Buffalo Bills Drew Bledsoe Jersey to Gillette stadium during a bills game :cry:

illusionone
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM

I feel that pain!!!!

Try wearing a Buffalo Bills Drew Bledsoe Jersey to Gillette stadium during a bills game :cry:

Not very fun...

BTW, I went to the Pats/Colts game (I have season tickets) it was wicked pissa, what a game. I didn't get home until 3am and I live 20 min from the stadium.

TedMock
09-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I think the Patriots are the best team in the NFL right now. I think Brady is the most poised QB I've seen in ages and one of the smartest QB's out there. I don't think he's the best QB in the league, but he's a top-tier guy for sure. They're also the best coached team in the league. Brady does not have a top tier WR, but the design of the offense along with his intelligence makes it work. Having Corey Dillon only makes them that much more dangerous. I'm still picking Baltimore to represent the AFC.

mybills
09-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I feel that pain!!!!

I won't own a Bledsoe jersey, but I've been there with my Bills jacket & the hat on
<-- his head.

Gillette :down:
Pats :down:

btw, were you stuck in traffic when that guy was killed crossing the road?

Slim
09-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Brady Blows!

amen! could'nt have said it better

Slim
09-10-2004, 06:30 PM
just leave it as this pats suck, swallow it

Marino13Phins
09-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Meh, I'm not impressed by the pats based on last nights game. Dillon showed me a little, but lets face it, the Colts defense flat out sucks. Their pitiful run defense is only topped by their absolutely non-existant pass defense. I almost feel that I am in the wrong with I use the word defense when speaking about the Colts.

If the colts knew what to do with the ball in the redzone it would have been a different game, but the pats owned them in the red zone.

Pats offense:
Brady is a good qb, pefect for the pats system.
I'm going to wait on Dillon because the colts defense is not a test.

The pats run defense is horrid, even the colts back ups looked like starters against them.

Drive 4 Five
09-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Like I've said before, every team in the league has vulnerabilities including the Pats. I just wish the reporters would take the Pat's nut out of their mouth and admit that. I am so sick of everyone kissing their ass. That goes for you S. Salisbury and all the chumps at ESPN (except you Boomer). That goes for you too Chambers, TedMock, and Hammer!

HAMMER
09-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Like I've said before, every team in the league has vulnerabilities including the Pats. I just wish the reporters would take the Pat's nut out of their mouth and admit that. I am so sick of everyone kissing their ass. That goes for you S. Salisbury and all the chumps at ESPN (except you Boomer). That goes for you too Chambers, TedMock, and Hammer!

Two of three SB's, yeah they're overrated.

TigerJ
09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
The Patriots are good because they are consistent and execute well. You have to beat them. They won't beat themselves. I don't think they have the best talent in the league. Buffalo's talent may be as good or better. If we learn to be as consistent, Buffalo will win as many games.

Mr. Cynical
09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm not going to annoint the pats and brady as "the best" after the first season game. I mean, last year we destroyed them 32-0 and we all know what happened after that. :sigh:

However, I will admit that, even though against a crap D, Brady was pretty impressive. But not by the throws he made when he had time. It was the ones he made *without* time. He is tougher than I had originally thought, standing in there taking the hits and/or moving around just enough to give himself 2-3 more secs.

But he had a great game because a) his line gave him all day to throw most of the time and b) BB/Wiess had the receivers all over the field giving him great targets. The fact that they were able to do that without a real running game last night is a testament to their genius (which hurts to say).

If we are going to be successful, we cannot try to imitate that IMO. Not that I think we will, however, since we've got better runners and "should" be able to pound it. But Drew is not Brady. He doesn't check off as well or as fast, nor is he as accurate, and nor can he move around. Without those aspects, we can't try what they did last night. We have to be a run first team or we're screwed.

Jared
09-10-2004, 10:58 PM
I mean, last year we destroyed them 32-0

31. Not gonna let you pad your score to inflate your ego. :star:

ryjam282
09-10-2004, 11:56 PM

f the pats

f brady.

Exactly, thread CLOSED!!!!