PDA

View Full Version : Too Conservative O playcalling

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:19 PM
What happened to the so called creative playcalling that Mularkey was suppose to bring?

I didn't like our offensive play calls. How many times did we challenge their cb's for more than 10 yds? The first time we scored a TD the second one we completed to Campbell granted he dropped the ball but either ways it was a completion.

I hate to say this but in the process of trying to make this a balanced attack, we didn't make them pay for stacking the line w/ 8 players like we did last year. I'm not sure if the emphasis of making Drew release the ball in 4 secs. or less is preventing us from going deep. If this is the case then maybe we should switch to a WCO. Our OL was holding well enough to take chances every now and then for more than 10 yds.

I mean cmon, Moulds, Reed, Evans, those are weapons made for long balls. If we are gonna make our wr run 5-10 yds put Reed back in the slot .

Hell, Brady supposedly has a weak arm but they sure made him throw more than ten yds more often than we did..

Our D was great but they can only do so much. Welcome to last year. The Raiders are suppose to be better than the Jags.

We could very well start 0-3.

This play calling was too conservative that you would think Wanny was our OC. :mad:

chernobylwraiths
09-12-2004, 07:28 PM
I've seen this several times already. How are the Raiders supposed to be better? Didn't they pick 2nd overall in the draft this year? Wasn't their defense and offense old and slow? Didn't the Raiders lose to a poor Steeler team this week?

I just don't see it.

ScottLawrence
09-12-2004, 07:30 PM
What happened to the so called creative playcalling that Mularkey was suppose to bring?

I didn't like our offensive play calls. How many times did we challenge their cb's for more than 10 yds? The first time we scored a TD the second one we completed to Campbell granted he dropped the ball but either ways it was a completion.

I hate to say this but in the process of trying to make this a balanced attack, we didn't make them pay for stacking the line w/ 8 players like we did last year. I'm not sure if the emphasis of making Drew release the ball in 4 secs. or less is preventing us from going deep. If this is the case then maybe we should switch to a WCO. Our OL was holding well enough to take chances every now and then for more than 10 yds.

I mean cmon, Moulds, Reed, Evans, those are weapons made for long balls. If we are gonna make our wr run 5-10 yds put Reed back in the slot .

Hell, Brady supposedly has a weak arm but they sure made him throw more than ten yds more often than we did..

Our D was great but they can only do so much. Welcome to last year. The Raiders are suppose to be better than the Jags.

This play calling was too conservative that you would think Wanny was our OC. :mad:

Yea Please.... "the Raiders are supposed to be better"

Thats just a really dumb thing to say.

chubluv
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I also thought the playcalling was conservative until we got inside the 10 yrd line then all off a sudden gilbride showed up and we passed. I mean come on 1st & goal from the 3 and u run twice. Then you throw that horrible pass play in with only one wideout. Henry should have smashed it in there 2 more times if needed for the TD....

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I've seen this several times already. How are the Raiders supposed to be better? Didn't they pick 2nd overall in the draft this year? Wasn't their defense and offense old and slow? Didn't the Raiders lose to a poor Steeler team this week?

I just don't see it.check their line-up. They have Ted Wanshington and co. that will make it hard for us to run. Norv Turner beat us with Fiedler and co. They are now way a slouch. We couldn't even beat a jags team in our own turf.

The_Philster
09-12-2004, 07:33 PM
I think we should know from experience that you can't judge how good a team really is just by looking at their roster

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:35 PM

Thats just a really dumb thing to say.What's dumb about that? They scored 21 pts. against the Pitts and we barely scored against the Jags "AT HOME". We're not playing at home next week.

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
I think we should know from experience that you can't judge how good a team really is just by looking at their roster
I know, we have a great roster and see what happened :rolleyes: Okay let's not compare rosters, let's just look at our team......... well?

gsobie
09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
check their line-up. They have Ted Wanshington and co. that will make it hard for us to run. Norv Turner beat us with Fiedler and co. They are now way a slouch. We couldn't even beat a jags team in our own turf.

I got the Raiders/ Steelers game here and I can tell you the Raiders looked like crap. They scored their two TDs on the exact same play, a pump fake by Gannon which brought in the safeties and left their WR wide open.

Duce Staley didn't have much of a problem running through Washington and Sapp. The only thing the Raiders have going for them next week is they are at home.

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:39 PM
The only thing the Raiders have going for them next week is they are at home.that's what scares me.

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
If anything, I hope Moulds comes out w/ a vengeance against the Raiders. All these "he's faster than I've ver seen him" and yet they don't use this so called speed. Throw the damn ball deep dangit.

ScottLawrence
09-12-2004, 08:04 PM
If anything, I hope Moulds comes out w/ a vengeance against the Raiders. All these "he's faster than I've ver seen him" and yet they don't use this so called speed. Throw the damn ball deep dangit.

Moulds may get shut down in this game which could lead to trouble :mad:

Moulds vs. Woodson. :scared:

We should definitly run the ball and if we lost this one.... theres a good chance we start off the season 0-4.

justasportsfan
09-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Moulds may get shut down in this game which could lead to trouble :mad:

Moulds vs. Woodson. :scared:

We should definitly run the ball and if we lost this one.... theres a good chance we start off the season 0-4.
I am wondering how Mularkey made Burress and Ward both 1000 yds recievers. You would think he could do the same w/ our wr's. Compared to the way Charlie Wiess made those calls against the Colts...... I'm not sure the bills are gonna go anywhere if this is the best Clements can do. We didn't even face an dominant D.

ScottLawrence
09-12-2004, 09:01 PM
I am wondering how Mularkey made Burress and Ward both 1000 yds recievers. You would think he could do the same w/ our wr's. Compared to the way Charlie Wiess made those calls against the Colts...... I'm not sure the bills are gonna go anywhere if this is the best Clements can do. We didn't even face an dominant D.

What?!?

Jacksonvilles Defense will be a top 5 this year,mark my words.

That have a very solid defense... .you complain about conservative play calling but, isn't that what we asked for?

lordofgun
09-12-2004, 09:04 PM
What?!?

Jacksonvilles Defense will be a top 5 this year,mark my words.

That have a very solid defense... .you complain about conservative play calling but, isn't that what we asked for?
I guarantee you they will suck against the pass. That's the point. We didn't even test their suspect secondary today.

mchurchfie
09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I saw Evans in single coverage on the outside a couple of times later on in the game. After awhile they knew that we weren't going to try and go deep.

tampabay25690
09-12-2004, 09:29 PM

We never went down the field at all..That was the hard thing to see. I have to say anyone that was at the game....WAS IT LOUD THERE?????? It seemed like Jax had no problem with the crowd at all!!!!!

mchurchfie
09-12-2004, 09:36 PM
We never went down the field at all..That was the hard thing to see. I have to say anyone that was at the game....WAS IT LOUD THERE?????? It seemed like Jax had no problem with the crowd at all!!!!!
It was kind of a subdued crowd until the end for whatever reason....my voice is gone though.:ill:

tampabay25690
09-12-2004, 09:46 PM
It was kind of a subdued crowd until the end for whatever reason....my voice is gone though.:ill:

It just didnt seem the same as past games at all there!!!!

But I wasnt there thats why I was asking you guys...

NapalmDeath
09-13-2004, 12:47 AM
I thought the crowd was pretty loud through out the game. I have no voice left. Props to the 12th man today.

alohabillsfan
09-13-2004, 05:21 AM

--It resulted in a turn-over and field goal for the Jags!

-- I for one liked the play calling overall but concur with most fans that 1-2 deep balls should have been tossed!

--This is game one Drew looked good enough, the line looked good enough lets give it a chance to improve!!

--Concure, a couple of deep balls (especially on 2nd and short).

--Not defensively, (Jags were #6 last year).

--Where's the power of positive thinking, we could also end up 15-1 and people would ***** because we should have one this one!

This play calling was too conservative that you would think Wanny was our OC.undefined

justasportsfan
09-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Reeds reverse went for -7 .

Jayhawk
09-13-2004, 07:34 AM
stupid trick plays. Why did we run them

justasportsfan
09-19-2004, 11:58 PM

Thats just a really dumb thing to say.you were saying?