PDA

View Full Version : A lot of good teams lost their opener today

Tatonka
09-12-2004, 11:39 PM
i guess kansas city has no shot at the playoffs?

or i guess since detroit won.. they are destined for the superbowl?

we won huge last year at the opener.. did a lot of good.

i was pissed at first.. but i saw some things that were very positive today.

we have a good team. it will get better as the year goes on.

drew played well.. and the line was pretty good too, against a tough front 4.

the defense played well most of the game.

tko, wire, and reese botched one play bad.

lindell still scares me.

overall.. the season is far from over and we will get better.

i am over this loss.

on to oakland. we will win that game. i guarentee it.

:dance:

DraftBoy
09-12-2004, 11:43 PM
apparently you didnt watch the OAK game today did you, they are tougher than JAX

LtBillsFan66
09-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Yup!

Tough loss, but one we can grow on. I want to see how they rebound.

Ditto on Lindel.

Tatonka
09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
apparently you didnt watch the OAK game today did you, they are tougher than JAX

i did actually.. we are a better rushing team that pitt.. and we will eat them up...

and our defense is better than pitts..

i am not concerned at all to be honest..

but you can believe that oakland is awesome if you want.

DraftBoy
09-12-2004, 11:56 PM
I didnt say they were awesome but their pass rush is a hell of alot better than JAX. Although I agree we should be able to run on them and their 3-4 easier, but they will cause turnovers and Gannon seems to have a knack to keep his team in it. We gotta stop Porter, thats the key, unfortunately I dont know if Nate is up to the job or not. Im concerned with our DL v. their OL. Should be a good matchup I think this game will be close but I had a better feeling v. Jags.

Tatonka
09-12-2004, 11:59 PM
our corners are better than pitts, and they shut down porter completely.

and there pass rush is not "a hell of a lot" better.

sorry.. your drunk.

ArcticWildMan
09-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I look forward to reposting this thread after the oakland game. Maybe after we're 0-2 you'll wake up. This team is doomed to a 7-9 season and another mid level draft pick.

Tatonka
09-13-2004, 12:16 AM
I look forward to reposting this thread after the oakland game. Maybe after we're 0-2 you'll wake up. This team is doomed to a 7-9 season and another mid level draft pick.

hey.. you do that..

or come back here and eat a big ass plate of crow when your wrong.. how bout that?

:clap:

i hate it when fans whine nonstop.. it is alot easier to cry and piss and moan and say "the sky is falling" after a loss... then when they win you can just be pleasantly surprised i guess.

i am not saying that they are going to win the superbowl.. but i am also not saying that they wont either..

i am promising that they will beat oakland..

but if after a bills loss, you get off on coming back and making people feel like idiots for predicting a win, then more power too you.. come back and do that.. and i will gladly say "oh arctic.. your so smart.. best bills fan ever.. way to predict that we would be 0-2! your the best!"

:bow:

ArcticWildMan
09-13-2004, 12:32 AM
hey.. you do that..

or come back here and eat a big ass plate of crow when your wrong.. how bout that?

:clap:

i hate it when fans whine nonstop.. it is alot easier to cry and piss and moan and say "the sky is falling" after a loss... then when they win you can just be pleasantly surprised i guess.

i am not saying that they are going to win the superbowl.. but i am also not saying that they wont either..

i am promising that they will beat oakland..

but if after a bills loss, you get off on coming back and making people feel like idiots for predicting a win, then more power too you.. come back and do that.. and i will gladly say "oh arctic.. your so smart.. best bills fan ever.. way to predict that we would be 0-2! your the best!"

:bow:

Oh yes, excuse me for expecting after 4 years that we finally get our act together. And excuse me for daring to disagree with the almighty and all knowing Tatonka who everybody on this board knows is the expert on anything and everything that deals with the Bills. Anybody who dares disagree with you is immediately wrong and subject to ridicule by you. Some things never change. :rolleyes:

How about I sit in my corner and wait with baited breath for your next words of wisdom. After all, you know EVERYTHING and anybody who dares disagree with you is just plain wrong.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2004, 01:03 AM
The bottom line is that this offense still only managed 10 pts. Since last year's blowout of NE, they have averaged 13.8 pts/game, with basically the same offense minus the coaching. So that's enough evidence to say this is more of the same and not an anomaly IMO.

northernbillfan
09-13-2004, 03:07 AM
Without reading the replies, I have this to say...:bf1:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Tatonka,
Every once in a while you do show that you do know something.

alohabillsfan
09-13-2004, 04:46 AM
I agree I was pissed to at first. But really the team played really well Drew, O-line etc.. the D was great except 2 plays and if moulds did not fumble we would have iced the game. I think we cleaned up the penalties I did not see alot. anyone want to research and see how we compared against other teams in that dept. :cry:

Typ0
09-13-2004, 05:01 AM
I think we should have won the game...and it also was our last chance to be above .500 this season. JAX was so horrible on offense...Leftwhich seemed to be having great trouble throwing the ball in bounds not to mention actually hitting a receiver. Yes, our defense played well but JAX also played crappy.

There is no excuse for losing that game and no set of rose colored glasses is going to wash that vision away. Our defense gave the offense the ball inside the ten yard line...they drove to the one and had a first down and did not score a TD. We missed field goals and didn't make attempts that we needed to win the game. It was a pathetic display yesterday...we insisted on having a team that was playing poorly beat us. Face it, this team has a few upsides but is overall a lay down and die team. See you next season.

chernobylwraiths
09-13-2004, 06:02 AM

I don't think the Raiders ARE very good. If that attitude is taken, I would just like to know WHERE the 7 wins are coming from? If we can't beat the second worst team in the league from last year, we are in more trouble than I thought.

chernobylwraiths
09-13-2004, 06:04 AM
The bottom line is that this offense still only managed 10 pts. Since last year's blowout of NE, they have averaged 13.8 pts/game, with basically the same offense minus the coaching. So that's enough evidence to say this is more of the same and not an anomaly IMO.

One game.

The Spaz
09-13-2004, 06:35 AM

lindell still scares me.

i am over this loss.

Outstanding T!:up::beers:

Uncle Jesse
09-13-2004, 07:06 AM

Your very right, i agree 100% with you. And the only reason they got those 10pts. were off tournovers by the D which game them great feild position. And he'll they could'nt convert a 1st and goal from the 1. Theres alota problems with the offense.

justasportsfan
09-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah we will beat Oakland easily like we thought we would beat the Jags. We're not playing at home and Oakland is also looking to win their first game. They will come out fighting for their first home game. We can win but in no means is this a walk in the park.

DraftBoy
09-13-2004, 07:37 AM
our corners are better than pitts, and they shut down porter completely.

and there pass rush is not "a hell of a lot" better.

sorry.. your drunk.

Our corners are bettet but yet we manage to give up big plays to lose our game and PIT's makes the INT's when it counts. After yesterday performance Im not so sure. Also since they play a 3-4 D they will use multiple unusual blitz packages that we wont see often bc I think they are one of the few teams (and only one we play) that still use the 3-4. They did pretty well staying in Maddux's face yesterday all day. Now Im not saying we will lose. Im just saying that if you think it'll be cake walk after what we saw yesterday your sadly mistaken. Also its real easy to come on after a loss and just post the posistives and say well it was only one game, we got 15 left. Sucks when we get down to 16th game and we lose it and you say well it was only one gam, but....oh yea no games left. It may have only been one game but this team showed no signs of life at all and that was on a good day from Drew which he will have to do consistently if we had shot of 8-8. Consistency has never been Drew's biggest stength, all we can do is pray.

ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2004, 07:43 AM
originally posted by TypO. I think we should have won the game...and it also was our last chance to be above .500 this season.

After one game we've had our last chance to go above .500? That's ridiculous. If you look at the last 5 games of the season, we have a chance, even with the road games, to go 5-0 and should go at least 4-1. The toughest game is at Cincinnati. Oakland is definately beatable. Miami is going down in October as well. The Ravens just lost to the Browns, but I have my doubts about that one. That is unless everyone thinks that the Ravens suck and have no chance of going over .500. We should split with the Jets and tear apart the Cardinals. We have the Rams at home who we match up well with. I like our clock eating offense and stingy defense against them. The Cardinals only allowed them 17 points. Every season, a team steals a game that they shouldn't win. We need ours to be against the Pats at home. If we can do that, we could go well over .500. I'd say we're looking at a legitimate shot here to go 11-5. I think this team will finish at least 9-7.

Tatonka
09-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh yes, excuse me for expecting after 4 years that we finally get our act together. And excuse me for daring to disagree with the almighty and all knowing Tatonka who everybody on this board knows is the expert on anything and everything that deals with the Bills. Anybody who dares disagree with you is immediately wrong and subject to ridicule by you. Some things never change. :rolleyes:

How about I sit in my corner and wait with baited breath for your next words of wisdom. After all, you know EVERYTHING and anybody who dares disagree with you is just plain wrong.

how bout you reread the thread.. you were the one who was thumping your chest crying "i am arcticwildman, and your prediction means **** tatonka, because i have anounced that we are going 7-9 at best and i cant wait to rub it in your face after we lose to the raiders! i will be back to bump this thread for you!!! i have deemed this year a losing season, therefore it must be!"

gimme a break arctic, with the whining about disagreeing with me.. you could have kept your mouth shut on the whole thread.. but you had to stop by and tell me how you cant wait until we are 0-2 to prove your point..

then you cry to me about being a knowitall..

:yap:

justasportsfan
09-13-2004, 07:59 AM

:bow:What? All you've ever done was complain about Drew and we didn't even play a game unlike those who aren't happy w/ a loss. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

So, what's your opinion of Drew now ? :D

SABURZFAN
09-13-2004, 08:01 AM
with all of the mistakes that this team made,who says that we're even a good team?this team has a long way to go before they can be called good.

Tatonka
09-13-2004, 08:16 AM
What? All you've ever done was complain about Drew and we didn't even play a game unlike those who aren't happy w/ a loss. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

So, what's your opinion of Drew now ? :D

i was the one that started the drew bledsoe truce to stop the drew bashing and whining..

i have done more than my fair share of complaining.. but i have not been consistent about my complaining.. i alternate between complaining and praising. :D

my opinion of drew is that he didnt lose us the game yesterday, which is all he needs to do.

Tex
09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I remember a team getting killed 31-0 in the first game last year. That worked out OK for them.

Rude American
09-13-2004, 08:23 AM

Yeah, and Steve Yzerman will score 93 goals this year.

justasportsfan
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
i was the one that started the drew bledsoe truce to stop the drew bashing and whining..

i have done more than my fair share of complaining.. but i have not been consistent about my complaining.. i alternate between complaining and praising. :D

my opinion of drew is that he didnt lose us the game yesterday, which is all he needs to do.
I shared the same opinion you had of Drew. It's just funny that you say your tired of posters like yourself .

Were there positives? Yes. I am glad you guys can be patient about our loss. I can't. The Bucs and Pats have beaten us to a SB ring. Are we gonna wait for the bengals or Cards? We didn't suck but we were mediocre. This was once a proud organization that couldn't accept mediocrity. That's why we fired Wade inspite of playoff appearances under him.

A loss is a loss. I told zoners at the game that the Lindell miss could come back and bite us in the a$$. I hope this loss doesn't.

Tatonka
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
hey rude.. dont you have a pats board to go to or something?

or was that bandwagon full?

The_Philster
09-13-2004, 08:31 AM
This was once a proud organization that couldn't accept mediocrity. That's why we fired Wade inspite of playoff appearances under him. There was also that refusal to fire an idiot of a special teams coach that comes to mind...the official reason he was fired.

Tex
09-13-2004, 08:33 AM
hey rude.. dont you have a pats board to go to or something?

or was that bandwagon full?

Been on board since 88(15 years old).

It has been a long ride.

Lighten up. I was pointing out that the first game does not determine your season. I can understand you being mad, that was a tough loss.

The Jags are a good team and the Bills took them to the last play.

There is always next week. Good luck!

Tatonka
09-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Been on board since 88(15 years old).

It has been a long ride.

Lighten up. I was pointing out that the first game does not determine your season. I can understand you being mad, that was a tough loss.

The Jags are a good team and the Bills took them to the last play.

There is always next week. Good luck!

wooh.. i was talking about rude american, not you, tex.. i was just referring to a post that rude american made about not being a bills fan anymore.

sorry for the confusion. i should have quoted.

Rude American
09-13-2004, 09:08 AM

Yes you shold have. But I forgive you.

TigerJ
09-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Yup, according to my calculations, fully half of the teams that played this weekend lost. LOL On a more serious note, Jacksonville is one of the games I projected as a win in my 10-6 season prediction. That means if Buffalo wants to finish up with that record, they are going to have to beat a good team in place of Jacksonville later on in the season. I did feel that the offensive line was going to take a little time to gel with the preseason struggles it had. Willis McGahee and Lee Evans are going to get better pretty quickly. I think the Bills are going to be a lot better team toward the end of the season than they are now. I know a lot of teams might say that, but with a new coach and system that's more true of Buffalo than most teams. What I hope is that Buffalo can win enough games in the early and middle part of the season so that a late season push to the playoffs is feasible.

Tex
09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
wooh.. i was talking about rude american, not you, tex.. i was just referring to a post that rude american made about not being a bills fan anymore.

I was at fault also. You did say rude, but I just thought that was a typo for "Dude" LOL.

Dozerdog
09-13-2004, 09:44 AM
The only thing that concerns me is that we are now behind in wild card tie breaks.

We will be competing with the Jags, Steelers, Jets, KC or Broncos (along with some others) for the WC.

If this happened against Seattle it would be one thing but at 9-7 it will be tough - we need to get Mularkey more confident in making bolder calls.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2004, 01:22 PM
One game.No, 17 consecutive games (including this one) and we have a 13.8 pts/game average. This is a trend....and a bad one at that.

The_Philster
09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
No, 17 consecutive games (including this one) and we have a 13.8 pts/game average. This is a trend....and a bad one at that.
:huh: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this week 1?

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2004, 01:45 PM

lindell still scares me.

i am over this loss.

:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
09-13-2004, 01:49 PM
No, 17 consecutive games (including this one) and we have a 13.8 pts/game average. This is a trend....and a bad one at that.

Completely new offensive coaching staff. Apples and Oranges.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Completely new offensive coaching staff. Apples and Oranges.How much of the starting offense is the same from last year personnel-wise?

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Well, if you take some of the low scoring games out, the average is fine.

Hemlepp53
09-13-2004, 02:36 PM

lindell still scares me.

i am over this loss.

Sounds Good To Me.. Great Input And Overall Confidence!! Thanks Man...

:gobills: :bullseye: :urock: :10:

The Natrix
09-13-2004, 02:57 PM

This offense lacks that killer instinct inside the red zone. They also don't look like they will have much comeback ability either, and it all starts with the QB IMO

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2004, 02:58 PM
This offense lacks that killer instinct inside the red zone. They also don't look like they will have much comeback ability either, and it all starts with the QB IMOUh oh. You mentioned the QB word. Get ready for the tomatoes. :tomato:

The Natrix
09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Uh oh. You mentioned the QB word. Get ready for the tomatoes. :tomato:

He played ok. He made some bad plays and some good plays. The thing that worries me is he played better in his first two openers in Buffalo. I still don't have any confidence in him at all for the most part.