PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry needs to learn....

mchurchfie
09-20-2004, 10:13 AM
How to leap over the pile in short and goal situations. You can't just pile drive into the endzone everytime.:grind: If he can't get it done put McGahee in there in those situations, he seems to have a good nose for the endzone. Henry also needs to recognize what type of cleats he needs for the different fields too. He pissed away a couple of good runs because he kept slipping. Don't they have someone on the staff to recognize this and bring to the player's attention?:mad:

Philagape
09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I also noticed that sometimes Henry doesn't seem to realize where the line is that he has to get to, whether it's for a first down or the goal line. He dives too soon. Maybe it's because the line often gets pushed back.

mchurchfie
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
If he would have dove yesterday he wouldn't have gotten tripped up by his own OL and he would have fell into the endzone.

Iehoshua
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I believe this was his intent but he lost his footing, not giving him an excuse but on replays it looked to me like he slipped forward then had to make the best of it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 10:21 AM
He should also learn how to block.

chernobylwraiths
09-20-2004, 10:24 AM
The guy is 5-10 at best. Even jumping he can't clear these behemoths. Maybe put big Pat and/or Adams in there to block in these situations. Who the hell is going to move THEM.

shotgun
09-20-2004, 10:30 AM
mcgahee should of been in on that play thay said thay were going to use him on that play @ training camp ... oh well will see in 2 weeks ...

LtBillsFan66
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Hate to pile on after a loss... I never thought Henry was as good as some Bills fans make him out to be. He's very one dimentional.

cablelady
09-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Hate to pile on after a loss... I never thought Henry was as good as some Bills fans make him out to be. He's very one dimentional.

I guess we are "billsfanone". :bow:

carybillsfan
09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
This is like pooring salt on wound but Henry, is not worth a first round pick from any team. He has not impressed me at all, it seems he's very hesitant when hitting the holes. This magical "burst of speed" that he seemed to have gained in training camp is gone. His hands have been horrible at catching passes, I wouldn't be suprised if he is still hurting from that preseason hit. I hope he heals by week 4, thank god for the early bye, although its just gonna give belichek an extra week to devise a scheme to cream us.

justasportsfan
09-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Mcgahee is patient. Ricky Williams was as well ans so was Thurman. They let the blocks take place before they punch it in. Henry bulldozes but then again it's worked for him by getting extra yds. It just doesn't work at goaline situations. I say we put Mcgahee in those situations.