Thread: Travis Henry needs to learn....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Travis Henry needs to learn....

How to leap over the pile in short and goal situations. You can't just pile drive into the endzone everytime. If he can't get it done put McGahee in there in those situations, he seems to have a good nose for the endzone. Henry also needs to recognize what type of cleats he needs for the different fields too. He pissed away a couple of good runs because he kept slipping. Don't they have someone on the staff to recognize this and bring to the player's attention?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I also noticed that sometimes Henry doesn't seem to realize where the line is that he has to get to, whether it's for a first down or the goal line. He dives too soon. Maybe it's because the line often gets pushed back.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If he would have dove yesterday he wouldn't have gotten tripped up by his own OL and he would have fell into the endzone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I believe this was his intent but he lost his footing, not giving him an excuse but on replays it looked to me like he slipped forward then had to make the best of it.

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    He should also learn how to block.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    The guy is 5-10 at best. Even jumping he can't clear these behemoths. Maybe put big Pat and/or Adams in there to block in these situations. Who the hell is going to move THEM.

stop smokeing for your own health
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    mcgahee should of been in on that play thay said thay were going to use him on that play @ training camp ... oh well will see in 2 weeks ...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hate to pile on after a loss... I never thought Henry was as good as some Bills fans make him out to be. He's very one dimentional.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by billsfanone
    Hate to pile on after a loss... I never thought Henry was as good as some Bills fans make him out to be. He's very one dimentional.
    I guess we are "billsfanone".
    "It's not how much they needed me, but how much I needed them." - Takeo Spikes

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    This is like pooring salt on wound but Henry, is not worth a first round pick from any team. He has not impressed me at all, it seems he's very hesitant when hitting the holes. This magical "burst of speed" that he seemed to have gained in training camp is gone. His hands have been horrible at catching passes, I wouldn't be suprised if he is still hurting from that preseason hit. I hope he heals by week 4, thank god for the early bye, although its just gonna give belichek an extra week to devise a scheme to cream us.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Mcgahee is patient. Ricky Williams was as well ans so was Thurman. They let the blocks take place before they punch it in. Henry bulldozes but then again it's worked for him by getting extra yds. It just doesn't work at goaline situations. I say we put Mcgahee in those situations.