PDA

View Full Version : Tom Jackson calls out Bledsoe

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 07:04 PM
he said that Losman will get his chance to play because of the way bledsoe has been playing. he said that a 12 year vet should know better than to hold the ball that long and make the decisions he has been making.

they showed the 4 ints.. 3 of them were tipped, but i can only fault a receiver on 1 of them. the others were balls that should not have been thrown and were not placed well at all.

lets go losman! heal up and get your butt out there.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
if only someone in the Bills organization would call him out for the same things, then he would either shape up or we'd see a different QB on the field.

As long as the season's shot, though, I'd rather hold out for Losman than put Shane Matthews in there. He's just as old and slow as Bledsoe, plus he's been out of the game and hasn't played with this team before.

Billz_fan
10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Yup, heard that. Said the Bills need to ask themselves if leaving Bledsoe in is hurting this teams chances of winning and Jackson said his opinion was yes.

Alos did anyone else hear Chris Berman last night on Prime Time saying the Ravens defense against the Bills offense was like wild animals feeding on the wounded. ?

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:13 PM
he said that Losman will get his chance to play because of the way bledsoe has been playing. he said that a 12 year vet should know better than to hold the ball that long and make the decisions he has been making.

they showed the 4 ints.. 3 of them were tipped, but i can only fault a receiver on 1 of them. the others were balls that should not have been thrown and were not placed well at all.

:bf1:

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Yup, heard that. Said the Bills need to ask themselves if leaving Bledsoe in is hurting this teams chances of winning and Jackson said his opinion was yes.

that may be true, except the backup is MATTHEWS. This isn't a presidential election- we don't have to take the attitude that ANYONE is better than Drew. When Losman is ready, I want to see him play. Until then, I'm just going to hope that having Losman on his heels is enough to motivate Drew to play better.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Alos did anyone else hear Chris Berman last night on Prime Time saying the Ravens defense against the Bills offense was like wild animals feeding on the wounded. ?
That hurts. Boomer has been a long time devoted fan of the Bills and I'd hate to see him stop after so many years. :(

FTG
10-25-2004, 07:15 PM
I have a new respect for TJ :up:

Turf
10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
TD will put Losman in to save his job. If Losman wasn't injured I'd have to believe he'd be starting this week.

FTG
10-25-2004, 07:20 PM
If Losman wasn't injured I'd have to believe he'd be starting this week.

I'd like to believe that but I'm not sure. Willis deserved to start over Henry this week and he did'nt

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:22 PM
TD will put Losman in to save his job. If Losman wasn't injured I'd have to believe he'd be starting this week.

That's assuming that TD's job is more important to him than his ego is. Based on his allegiance to Drew, Mike Williams and GW/KG, I'd have to question that assumption.

cordog
10-25-2004, 07:25 PM
I wanna see Losman as much as anyone. The kid excites me, but dont get your hopes up too high. Hes a rookie, its gonna take some time. While the sacks may go down, this offense isnt gonna get much prettier with a rookie QB back there. Yeah i know Rothielsberger is playing well, but that happens 1 out of every 25 times. By the way, its not gonna be pretty for Big Ben against the pats D.

Bills 4 life
10-25-2004, 07:25 PM
HERE IS MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION.......

TD HAS NOT DONE ALL THAT WELL IN THE DRAFT IN THE PAST FEW YEARS...SO WHAT WOULD GIVE ME REASON TO BELIEVE THAT LOSMAN IS THE ANSWER?
PLUS, WITH THE RECORD WE HAVE..WE CAN'T EVEN GET BETTER WITH A DRAFT PICK IN THE TOP 5. IF HE REALLLLY WANTED A GOOD QB HE SHOULD HAVE USED THAT PICK TO MOVE UP AND GET BIG BEN. PITT WOULDNT HAVE TAKEN THE XTRA 1ST ROUNDER?

TRADE BILLS #1(13) IN 2004 & #1 2005 FOR PITT #1(11) IN 2004 ..ONLY TWO PICKS IN FRONT OF THE BILLS. BUFF WANTED BEN ANYWAY SO DON'T BUY LOSMAN WAS THEIR GUY. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GREAT TRADE BUT IT'S BETTER THAN WHAT TD DID.

ANY THOUGHTS

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:28 PM
I wanna see Losman as much as anyone. The kid excites me, but dont get your hopes up too high. Hes a rookie, its gonna take some time. While the sacks may go down, this offense isnt gonna get much prettier with a rookie QB back there. Yeah i know Rothielsberger is playing well, but that happens 1 out of every 25 times. By the way, its not gonna be pretty for Big Ben against the pats D.

As long as we're losing, might as well get the kid some experience this year so he's more prepared next year, and maybe we can win. The only concern is JP getting killed behind our turnstyle O-line.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:29 PM

TD HAS NOT DONE ALL THAT WELL IN THE DRAFT IN THE PAST FEW YEARS...SO WHAT WOULD GIVE ME REASON TO BELIEVE THAT LOSMAN IS THE ANSWER?
PLUS, WITH THE RECORD WE HAVE..WE CAN'T EVEN GET BETTER WITH A DRAFT PICK IN THE TOP 5. IF HE REALLLLY WANTED A GOOD QB HE SHOULD HAVE USED THAT PICK TO MOVE UP AND GET BIG BEN. PITT WOULDNT HAVE TAKEN THE XTRA 1ST ROUNDER?

TRADE BILLS #1(13) IN 2004 & #1 2005 FOR PITT #1(11) IN 2004 ..ONLY TWO PICKS IN FRONT OF THE BILLS. BUFF WANTED BEN ANYWAY SO DON'T BUY LOSMAN WAS THEIR GUY. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GREAT TRADE BUT IT'S BETTER THAN WHAT TD DID.

ANY THOUGHTS
That's funny you mention that. If you look at my old posts, I was adamant about trading up to get Ben. I always said that he would be great and it looks like I was right. :D

However, I'm not giving up on JP. He could turn out great as well.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:30 PM

ANY THOUGHTS

Interesting thought but Pittsburgh really needed a QB and Big Ben was so highly rated. I doubt they would have gone for it. If they did- who knows, they may have ended up with JP and Big Ben would be sitting on our bench watching Drew throw INT's.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Interesting thought but Pittsburgh really needed a QB and Big Ben was so highly rated. I doubt they would have gone for it. If they did- who knows, they may have ended up with JP and Big Ben would be sitting on our bench watching Drew throw INT's.Actually I would have thought to try with Houston who had the #10 and who picked Dunta (CB). (Pitt took Ben at #11) Granted we don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it really didn't feel like TD was trying to trade up from the post draft press or from the comments he made.

cordog
10-25-2004, 07:35 PM
That's funny you mention that. If you look at my old posts, I was adamant about trading up to get Ben. I always said that he would be great and it looks like I was right. :D

However, I'm not giving up on JP. He could turn out great as well.

TD tried, no one wanted to move.

cordog
10-25-2004, 07:37 PM
As long as we're losing, might as well get the kid some experience this year so he's more prepared next year, and maybe we can win. The only concern is JP getting killed behind our turnstyle O-line.

I totally agree, but the people who think hes gonna come in and the offense will be automatically cured because bledsoe isnt under center are being foolish.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I totally agree, but the people who think hes gonna come in and the offense will be automatically cured because bledsoe isnt under center are being foolish.

Amen- this team has far more problems than Bledsoe. JP could use the experience, but rookie QB's are rarely the short-term answer.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 07:41 PM
but it really didn't feel like TD was trying to trade up from the post draft press or from the comments he made.makes him a good poker player then...few GMs would say that things didn't work out as planned for them. They want it to look like everything was planned, not so much so that the fans have confidence in them, but so that the players that they draft feel like they are wanted. I mean, would you like to get drafted by a GM who came out and said, "well, we wanted FTG at that spot but since he wasn't available, we settled with Mr. Cynical"

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 07:41 PM
i love how everyone "knew" big ben was gonna be sweet..

this place would have blown a friggen gasket if TD traded a first round pick to move up 2 spots.

FTG
10-25-2004, 07:53 PM
I mean, would you like to get drafted by a GM who came out and said, "well, we wanted FTG at that spot but since he wasn't available, we settled with Mr. Cynical"

That poor GM got screwed. I can run the 40 a full second faster than Mr C.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 07:54 PM
That poor GM got screwed. I can run the 40 a full second faster than Mr C.
:spit:

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
makes him a good poker player then...few GMs would say that things didn't work out as planned for them. They want it to look like everything was planned, not so much so that the fans have confidence in them, but so that the players that they draft feel like they are wanted. I mean, would you like to get drafted by a GM who came out and said, "well, we wanted FTG at that spot but since he wasn't available, we settled with Mr. Cynical"That's true...

Well, let's just say it is my "gut feel" then. I can't prove it, but it still feels like it was the case imo.

FTG
10-25-2004, 07:56 PM
To bad Drew Brees blossomed 1 year to late. If he had been playing like this last year we would probably have either Rivers or Big Ben right now as well as next years top 5 pick.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:58 PM

this place would have blown a friggen gasket if TD traded a first round pick to move up 2 spots.
Not me bro..seriously. Check my posts...I was totally up for getting him by using our #13, our #2 and whatever else. We payed #2, #5, and #1 for JP and I thought that was a bigger risk.

But again...I don't regret getting JP at all. I just would have preferred Ben if we could have gotten him.

ScottLawrence
10-25-2004, 08:21 PM

HAHA, especially to take a quarterback.

I remember people were screaming for Donahoe to take a player that could contribute this year before the draft.... If he took Big Ben, people would not be happy.

Jeff1220
10-25-2004, 08:22 PM
TJ really went out on a limb calling out Drew this week. What a cutting edge announcer. That must've surely shocked everyone in the sports world. :rolleyes:

Parrotfish
10-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Actually I would have thought to try with Houston who had the #10 and who picked Dunta (CB). (Pitt took Ben at #11) Granted we don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it really didn't feel like TD was trying to trade up from the post draft press or from the comments he made.
This is exactly what happened. It was common knowledge and widely reported that TD tried to trade w/Houston for their pick as he feared PITT wanted Roethlisberger. I also HIGHLY doubt that Cowher and the gang at steeltown would have been receptive to any deal w/TD! Anyway, Houston backed out of any deal because they were afraid CB Dunta Robinson would not be available at the Bills #13 slot. So Big Ben was the choice in TD's mind. Losman was the next best thing.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-26-2004, 03:08 AM
This is exactly what happened. It was common knowledge and widely reported that TD tried to trade w/Houston for their pick as he feared PITT wanted Roethlisberger. I also HIGHLY doubt that Cowher and the gang at steeltown would have been receptive to any deal w/TD! Anyway, Houston backed out of any deal because they were afraid CB Dunta Robinson would not be available at the Bills #13 slot. So Big Ben was the choice in TD's mind. Losman was the next best thing.
I read the a couple of reports at the time of the draft that said this as well. Houston was not interested in trading down because they wanted Dunta Robinson and were certain that the NY Jets, picking at # 12, would take him because they were desperate for a CB--and, living in the NYC area, I know from the news reports that they certainly would have because they were disappointed that he was taken by Houston. Additionally, the Steelers were absolutely sold on Ben Roethlisberger--who is virtually a local kid--and would have been killed by their fans if they had made a trade with the Bills that would have allowed us to take Big Ben.

As for TD praising the players that we took and acting like they were his first choices, get real: no GM with half a brain is going to insult the guy(s) that he just drafted by getting up on the podium after the draft an saying, "Well, we weren't able to get the guy that we really wanted so we took this stiff instead--we really didn't want him, we wanted that other guy, but, since he was gone, this guy was the best player available and we'll just have to make do with him". That's never going to happen. Besides which, TD did indicate in a couple of interviews following the draft that the Bills did try to trade up on draft day, but were rebuffed because the teams that they contacted did not want to lose the chance to take the players that they had targeted. According to a couple of reports that I read at the time, Houston and, in one case, Jacksonville were identified as teams the Bills tried to make a deal with.

Marvelous
10-26-2004, 04:26 AM
IMO it makes more sense to trade down from #13 to get JP after Ben was taken.
Moulds was hurt most of last season so our wr core looked worse then it was. and we could have taken a WR in the 2nd or with the extra pick we have for trading down. Anderson turned out to be a terrible pick. I like Evans but right now i wish we handled Lousmans selection in a different manner.

jbisset
10-26-2004, 08:07 AM

Drew had a very bad game last week. Everyone knows that from the first day he entered the NFL he held the ball too long and could not move in the pocket. However, he played pretty good the other weeks of this season especially when you think of the oline he is playing behind.

The Bills better know what they are doing when they play Losman. Losman needs to be a pro bowl QB. I know that we got him with the 22 pick and paying him as such. However, he needs to play as if he was a top 5 pick. That is what we traded to get him. Can Losman play behind this Oline?

lordofgun
10-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Amen- this team has far more problems than Bledsoe. JP could use the experience, but rookie QB's are rarely the short-term answer.
I'm not looking for a short term answer! I'm looking to get some valuable experience for our future QB in what would otherwise be a completely wasted season!

Dozerdog
10-26-2004, 08:20 AM

ANY THOUGHTS

That's great assuming Pittsburgh wanted the trade. But they were desperate for a QB as well.

I have read that we did try pushing Jacksonville hard to trade with us (get ahead of Pitt) but they demanded too much.

TigerJ
10-26-2004, 08:32 AM
If TJ really wants to take a stand and call Drew out, maybe he should challenge him to see the handwriting on the wall and retire after the season for the good of the team.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2004, 08:35 AM
IMO it makes more sense to trade down from #13 to get JP after Ben was taken.
Moulds was hurt most of last season so our wr core looked worse then it was. and we could have taken a WR in the 2nd or with the extra pick we have for trading down. Anderson turned out to be a terrible pick. I like Evans but right now i wish we handled Lousmans selection in a different manner.
If we had traded down, depending on how far down, we may not have gotten JP. He was definitely going to be gone before the 2nd round. Green Bay would've taken him at #25 (?) if we didn't get ahead of them.

don137
10-26-2004, 09:20 AM
TD will put Losman in to save his job. .

I disagree...If Losman is put in and fails then IMO Ralph would fire TD. By not playing JP, TD is teasing RW and the fans by making them think JP is going to bring this team back to respectability next year...JP being an unknown will help TD ..JP being the real deal is TD's trump card because all will be forgiven but if he isn't the real deal and fails miserably then he will be the last nail in TD's coffin.

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
I disagree...If Losman is put in and fails then IMO Ralph would fire TD. By not playing JP, TD is teasing RW and the fans by making them think JP is going to bring this team back to respectability next year...JP being an unknown will help TD ..JP being the real deal is TD's trump card because all will be forgiven but if he isn't the real deal and fails miserably then he will be the last nail in TD's coffin.
Interesting point.

Throne Logic
10-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Anderson turned out to be a terrible pick.

Man, how can you judge a draft pick only 6 games into his rookie season?

This is the attitude that grits on my nerves. Many of you are going to be on JP's case when he doesn't produce immediately like Big Ben has.

Mark my words. If he gets to start the second half of the season, someone on this board is going to label JP Losman a bust by season's end. Rediculous.

cordog
10-26-2004, 03:15 PM

Its the same people who all of a sudden love McGahee, but all last season blamed TD because the bills had more pressing needs.

EDS
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Tom Jackson is a genius.