PDA

View Full Version : McGahee named starter

northernbillfan
10-28-2004, 03:29 AM
The flip flopping Mularkey announced his decision on who will start on Sunday against the Cards. He flip flops more than an election candidate, or the trout you just landed in the boat.

Anyway the official word is he's named McGahee to start.

McGahee to start (http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2858)

shelby
10-28-2004, 04:26 AM
Bledsoe is still the starter....so does it really matter?:doh:

northernbillfan
10-28-2004, 04:31 AM
*sorry shelby*

As long as they don't name Wire as a starter.

shelby
10-28-2004, 04:43 AM
:rofl: i don't think that's a concern.
:D

don137
10-28-2004, 06:01 AM

Your right Shelby. Henry is not the problem with this offense. It's really too bad JP was hurt in training camp. If Losman was healthy and not starting after Bledsoe's inability to lead this team during the first 6 games people would have MM and TD's head.

DraftBoy
10-28-2004, 06:58 AM
I do wanna point out through it all that two guys have not sunk to that level that we had during the RJ/Flutie times. They have not divided the locker room and remain friends, for that I admire them both.

The King
10-28-2004, 07:03 AM

I bet Drew has a good week this week, I dont see the Cards DBs hanging with our WR's

Tatonka
10-28-2004, 07:36 AM
the cards made matt hasslebeck look like a rookie.. he threw 4 picks.. and hasslebeck is 10x better than drew.

The King
10-28-2004, 07:44 AM
the cards made matt hasslebeck look like a rookie.. he threw 4 picks.. and hasslebeck is 10x better than drew.

Its just a hunch... He may not be the best QB in the league but he also wont shell out performances like he did last sunday on a regular basis, regardless of what some people say. I think he steps up big sunday, try to ward off some negative press for the week ahead.

Buffalofan
10-28-2004, 07:46 AM

You are kidding me right? 10x better than Drew? Put Hasslebeck behind our sorry ass offensive line and see how good he is then. But hey, I guess you have to blame someone for the 1-5 start and the QB is the easiest target ...

Kenny
10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
You are kidding me right? 10x better than Drew? Put Hasslebeck behind our sorry ass offensive line and see how good he is then. But hey, I guess you have to blame someone for the 1-5 start and the QB is the easiest target ...
Well, maybe not 10x. I'd say more like 5 or 6 times better :snicker:

Put Hassleback behind our line, and he might not look like a probowl calibre QB, but he'd at least look decent.
Let's face it, even when Bledsoe has been given time, he hasnt looked all that great. Making poor decisions, forcing throws, unable to get rid of the ball quickly, and unable to read defenses. And sure the line isnt very good, but Bledsoe has made it look much worse.

Morgoth
10-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I'd say 10x is accurate. Drew might not throw 4 int's but he always seems to turn the ball over at the worst possible moment. It also doesn't help the line's rep when he holds the ball so long. Yeah, our line isn't good but I'd like to see how they do for JP(moot point).

Crisis
10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Hassleback throws 4 INTs against the fricken Cardinals, Drew throws 4 INTs against the Ravens D (considered to be one of the best in the league) and Hassleback is 10x better than Drew?

Hassleback is a product of the West Coast Offense.

With that being said, he's only 2x better.

Kenny
10-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Hassleback throws 4 INTs against the fricken Cardinals, Drew throws 4 INTs against the Ravens D (considered to be one of the best in the league) and Hassleback is 10x better than Drew?

Hassleback is a product of the West Coast Offense.

With that being said, he's only 2x better.
To be fair, Arizona's defense (believe it or not) is 4th in the league in interceptions.