PDA

View Full Version : Jets are over rated

northernbillfan
11-06-2004, 03:40 AM
Let's face it folks, the NY Jets are sitting pretty at 6-1 and their fans are talking Super Bowl. Hmm, I don't think so, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Bills fan, I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG. Buffalo was still suffering from a hangover because of the Jacksonville game, a hangover the team is just shaking out of it's system. Now that that is behind them, Buffalo can forge ahead as best it can.

Winning this Sunday clearly is possible.

Cntrygal
11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
:gobills:

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Agreed, Curtis Martin is overacheiving by far this season. If he is shutdown so is their offense. Their D is overpowering but if we can spread the field with Evans and Moulds, I dont think their DB's can contain us. A key to the game tomorrow must be to get McGahee to that 2nd level. Thier DL and LB's are good, but their DB's are major concerns, if we can get McGahee out their with blocks he'll throw that stiff arm out there with will.

KEYS:
-Protect Bledsoe
-Get McGahee to 2nd level
-Spread the field with Evans and Moulds
-Contain Curtis Martin

If we do those 4 things we should come away with a win!

BleedinGreenNC
11-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Let's face it folks, the NY Jets are sitting pretty at 6-1 and their fans are talking Super Bowl. Hmm, I don't think so, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Bills fan, I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG. Buffalo was still suffering from a hangover because of the Jacksonville game, a hangover the team is just shaking out of it's system. Now that that is behind them, Buffalo can forge ahead as best it can.

Winning this Sunday clearly is possible. Not all Jets fans are talking about us going to the SB, and yes our schedule has been easy this year, but you win the games that you have to win. We are definitely improved from last year! By no means is this going to be a easy game for either side! I do think that the Bills are a better team than what their record is, but once again, its all about winning the games that you have to.

Jayhawk
11-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Not all Jets fans are talking about us going to the SB, and yes our schedule has been easy this year, but you win the games that you have to win. We are definitely improved from last year! By no means is this going to be a easy game for either side! I do think that the Bills are a better team than what their record is, but once again, its all about winning the games that you have to.
true, and not shooting yourself in the foot. DAMN penalities.

Michael82
11-06-2004, 12:38 PM
true, and not shooting yourself in the foot. DAMN penalities.
Uhh have you watched the games lately? Penalties have not really been an issue with the last few games. Whatever Mularkey did...worked. :up:

SuperJetFan
11-06-2004, 12:57 PM
If you can hold Martin fine... but there ain't no stopping Lamont too.. Sorry Jills.. You guys are toast this weekend. Bledsoed hits the dirt 7 more times. Overated my a$$.. How about under-rated? How underrated are we? Well, some people actually believe you guys have a chance to beat us this weekend. If that isn't under-rated, then I don't know what is. Jets 31 (17 points off Buffalo turnovers alone) - Bills 10... You heard it here folks... :jam:

casdhf
11-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Personally, I could care less about the Jets. THe Dolphins and Pats are 2 of the biggest rivalries going right now. The Jets are kind of just there....whoopie :str8face:

Jayhawk
11-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Uhh have you watched the games lately? Penalties have not really been an issue with the last few games. Whatever Mularkey did...worked. :up:
no damn job, can't have it on when I am covering another game. BLOODY HELL.

Mr. Cynical
11-06-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG. Yeah, I guess if you look at it, 5 of their 6 wins were against losing teams:

Bills: 2-5
Cincy: 2-5 (twice)
Fins: 1-7
SF: 1-6

Their one win against a winning team was San Diego (5-3).

So...

If you are a Jets fan, even if you beat the Bills tomorrow, a 2-5 team, you still have yet to prove your team is really ready for the big dance IMO.

However, as I said at the beginning of the season, I do believe the Jets are for real and will definitely make the playoffs, possibly even take the AFCE from the Pats.

SuperJetFan
11-06-2004, 02:26 PM
The JETS, in my opinion, are doing nothing but getting better with every win. If you look at every game they've played, they've been pretty much in every possible scenario, and learning. How to play from behind, down by three with two minutes, up by a few and protecting the lead. They don't decide their schedule, only play along with it. The fact that they've had an easy schedule is not their fault, they just have to win games, and they've done just that. The Bills are by far the stiffest challenge yet. With you guys getting better, your defense is deisel, and McGahee in the mix, you have a chance. But I think we have more playmakers on the offensive side to ultimately put you guys away in a good game.

JETS boI
11-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Keep pouring on the hate. It's fine. I think as Jet fans, we're used to it. You would all be happy to be 6-1 right now, REGARDLESS of who you play. You still have to win.

Morgoth
11-06-2004, 02:48 PM
It's true that we'd be happy to be 6-1 regardless of who the schedule has us playing and I think many of my fellow Bills' fans are pissing on the Jets out of envy. It should be easy to win against a weaker opponent, however it doesn't have to be a blowout it just has to equal a win. We lost to the Jets in a close one in their house. This week the game is in Buffalo and the Jets will not get a warm welcome, and if they only won by 2 in the first meeting with homefield advantage I don't forsee them pulling it out this time. Jets fans are used to being hated, please, try being a Bills fan. No one wants us to get back to the SuperBowl.

BleedinGreenNC
11-06-2004, 02:57 PM
true, and not shooting yourself in the foot. DAMN penalities. Agreed!!

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 03:40 PM
If you can hold Martin fine... but there ain't no stopping Lamont too.. Sorry Jills.. You guys are toast this weekend. Bledsoed hits the dirt 7 more times. Overated my a$$.. How about under-rated? How underrated are we? Well, some people actually believe you guys have a chance to beat us this weekend. If that isn't under-rated, then I don't know what is. Jets 31 (17 points off Buffalo turnovers alone) - Bills 10... You heard it here folks... :jam:

Please the only reason and yes I mean only reason Lamont gets any yards this season is because Curtis wears down the D first. Look at last season, Curtis did jack, Lamont did jack. You shut down Curtis your running game is toast. Bledsoe sacked 7 times? I dont think it will be that many, now 3-5 I could see. 17 points of turnovers, we havent barely turned to ball over this season, so what makes you think that you will get atleast 3 this season? My real question is how you gonna stop Willis?

Who have you stopped running the ball so far this season:
Sammy Morris 11car 48 yards 0TD 4.8 avg
Corey Dillion 22car 115 yards 0TD 5.2 avg
Kevin Barlow 21 car 79 yards 1TD 3.8 avg
Henry/McGahee 20 car 75 yards 0TD 3.75 avg
Leonard Henry 18car 85 yards 0TD 4.7 avg
LaDainian Tomlinson 19 car 87 yards 0TD 4.6 avg
Rudi Johnson 24 car 70 yards 1TD 2.9 avg

Thats in descending order (for Jets fans that means week 1 first then week 2, so on and so forth)

So you've allowing 79.8 yards per game and an avg of 4.1 yards per carry. Please tell me your plan to stop Willis McGahee when you cant even stop Leonard Henry or Sammy Morris?

GO BILLS! :jam:

steJ
11-06-2004, 03:49 PM
We are as good as our record indicates. We've taken care of everyone we've needed to except one so far, and hopefully this week will be no different. For the Bills to stay in this one Bledsoe will have to play a hell of a game, or Hacket will have to call a terrible game...hmmm, maybe it will be a good game. Far as Curtis martin goes he's playing great, not over achieving, and he's running behind one of the best O-lines in football. Contain him and get a dose of Lamont...different styles your DC will have to be ready for.

We arnt really talking SB just yet. If we finish out 12-4 or 13-3 then the talks will begin. I'm still guessing more of an 11-5 or 10-6 finish myself, but that will be enough to get in the playoffs. Hell, we've already reached our win total from last year, so everything from here on out is an improvement.

steJ
11-06-2004, 03:53 PM
So you've allowing 79.8 yards per game and an avg of 4.1 yards per carry. Please tell me your plan to stop Willis McGahee when you cant even stop Leonard Henry or Sammy Morris?

GO BILLS! :jam:

My guess is we will use the same plan that has us giving up only 79.8 rushing yards a game...

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 04:08 PM
My guess is we will use the same plan that has us giving up only 79.8 rushing yards a game...

79.8 yard yea, but uve also allowed big numbers to two crappy backs in Morris and Henry. U'll be facing a back this week who has 2 100 yard games and 2 TD's and has only gotten stronger and better so far. If this is your gameplan I cant wait for tommorow and seeing Willis run all over you guys!

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
We are as good as our record indicates. We've taken care of everyone we've needed to except one so far, and hopefully this week will be no different. For the Bills to stay in this one Bledsoe will have to play a hell of a game, or Hacket will have to call a terrible game...hmmm, maybe it will be a good game. Far as Curtis martin goes he's playing great, not over achieving, and he's running behind one of the best O-lines in football. Contain him and get a dose of Lamont...different styles your DC will have to be ready for.

We arnt really talking SB just yet. If we finish out 12-4 or 13-3 then the talks will begin. I'm still guessing more of an 11-5 or 10-6 finish myself, but that will be enough to get in the playoffs. Hell, we've already reached our win total from last year, so everything from here on out is an improvement.

Show me where Lamont has produced when martin has really struggled? Why does Bledsoe gotta play a great game when you guys are giving up 80 yard games to back like Leonard Henry. We got a hell of a RB it appears in McGahee. He breaks out for 150 this week and you guys are done. Our D is one the tops in the league when they play together. Ill give you that you should finish around 10-6, 11-5 but this one aint no walk in the park. Its gonna get down and dirty tommorow in the meadowlands.

Icer
11-06-2004, 04:53 PM
L.Henry had a 2.9ypc average in the first Jets vs Miami game when he broke one off at the end. It's the only reason his numbers are padded.

As for Morris, when you are up by 25+ points you defend the pass not the run.

The only 2 RBs who have done well against the Jets are Dillon and LT2.
It's not like Willis has run against juggernaut run D's in his first 2 starts either.
Miami's run D is pitiful at #30, and the Cards are #22 in the NFL.

McGahee wont run for over 100 yds on Sunday. I'll say that now, the Jets run D has been great this year...you dont see the whole story looking at stats.

Meanwhile Curtis might not get 100...fine. He doesn't have to, even in the wind. The Jets can operate a very efficient dink and dunk game to move the ball.

The Jets pass rush is fantastic, your sorry Oline and Drew dont help matters. The only chance is if you get a long pass like in the first game to Evans.

I dont even think this game will be close. I think the Jets win big. By the way, the Jets run D is ranked #8, only 4 spots below yours.

And if it wasn't for the Jets d falling asleep and the Prevent defense, our first game in New Jersey was dominated by the Jets for 3 quarters and 7 minutes.

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 04:57 PM
L.Henry had a 2.9ypc average in the first Jets vs Miami game when he broke one off at the end. It's the only reason his numbers are padded.

As for Morris, when you are up by 25+ points you defend the pass not the run.

The only 2 RBs who have done well against the Jets are Dillon and LT2.
It's not like Willis has run against juggernaut run D's in his first 2 starts either.
Miami's run D is pitiful at #30, and the Cards are #22 in the NFL.

McGahee wont run for over 100 yds on Sunday. I'll say that now, the Jets run D has been great this year...you dont see the whole story looking at stats.

Meanwhile Curtis might not get 100...fine. He doesn't have to, even in the wind. The Jets can operate a very efficient dink and dunk game to move the ball.

The Jets pass rush is fantastic, your sorry Oline and Drew dont help matters. The only chance is if you get a long pass like in the first game to Evans.

I dont even think this game will be close. I think the Jets win big. By the way, the Jets run D is ranked #8, only 4 spots below yours.

You have yet to been able to stop any back this season. Ill give you the Henry thing, Morris's rushes all came before the Jets were up big. Your D is good their is no doubt about that, but if we get McGahee to the 2nd level he's gonna have a big day. He makes our OL alot better and is a hell of alot better blocker than T-Hen. This game will be close: Bills 21 Jets 28

Cntrygal
11-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Personally, I could care less about the Jets. THe Dolphins and Pats are 2 of the biggest rivalries going right now. The Jets are kind of just there....whoopie :str8face:

I hate the fish and the patsies are on a fast rise. If we can't win... I'd rather see the Jets win. I have no anomosity (sp?) towards the Jets at all. Probably 'cause they've always have fell under the shadow of the Giants and I've been known to root for the underdog.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2004, 05:42 PM
the Jets are a better football team than most people give them credit for.

steJ
11-06-2004, 07:05 PM
U'll be facing a back this week who has 2 100 yard games and 2 TD's and has only gotten stronger and better so far.

Thats not supposed to impress me is it? He may be getting better, but do you think the Jets defense is getting worse? We have one of the most bad ass LB corps in the league...I hope you don't expect to beat us on the ground.

The Natrix
11-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't think the Jets are overrated. No ones been crowning them superbowl champs. I think they are solid, and their record doesn't surprise me. I knew they would be good. I think the Bills will come to play though, and if we muster up enough crowd noise I see it being a close game

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Thats not supposed to impress me is it? He may be getting better, but do you think the Jets defense is getting worse? We have one of the most bad ass LB corps in the league...I hope you don't expect to beat us on the ground.

you mean the LB core that is yet to really stop any RB? Ive said it time and time again the Jets D is a good one, for us to be successful we must hit your D's 2nd level. Your DB's are not good in run game. If we can consistently get Willis back there your in for a long day. Your D is good and nobody is discrediting that its just that you have yet to show that you can stop any running back at all, and your DB is weak when it comes to the run game. If we can take care of your DL and LB we'll be in for a good game. Personally I think Willis will get another 100 yd game, but we still lose: 21-28

juice
11-06-2004, 07:24 PM
With the weather conditions, if Willis gets 100 yds we will win this game.

Special teams will be huge because we are excellent on ST especially punting and the Jets have an average punt game at best.

steJ
11-06-2004, 08:12 PM
you mean the LB core that is yet to really stop any RB? Ive said it time and time again the Jets D is a good one, for us to be successful we must hit your D's 2nd level. Your DB's are not good in run game. If we can consistently get Willis back there your in for a long day. Your D is good and nobody is discrediting that its just that you have yet to show that you can stop any running back at all, and your DB is weak when it comes to the run game. If we can take care of your DL and LB we'll be in for a good game. Personally I think Willis will get another 100 yd game, but we still lose: 21-28

I don't understand what your talking about. 1 RB had a good game against us this year. You expect us to hold guys to 40 rush yards a game? Our run defense is a strength, our DB's are where the problem is. Your backs wont get in the defensive back field in this game, you will have to beat us throug the air. Can Bledsoe do it? Maybe...but I'll still go with a Jets win 31-14.

steJ
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
With the weather conditions, if Willis gets 100 yds we will win this game.

Special teams will be huge because we are excellent on ST especially punting and the Jets have an average punt game at best.

Average is putting it kindly...we have one of the worst punters in the game.

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I don't understand what your talking about. 1 RB had a good game against us this year. You expect us to hold guys to 40 rush yards a game? Our run defense is a strength, our DB's are where the problem is. Your backs wont get in the defensive back field in this game, you will have to beat us throug the air. Can Bledsoe do it? Maybe...but I'll still go with a Jets win 31-14.

Your Pass Defense is your strength as long as you get pressure on the QB, your run D is suseptible.

TigerJ
11-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Ihaven't really seen any so-called pundits say how good or bad the Jets are. Thus, I can't say whether or not they are overrated.. As Jets fans correctly note, they have beaten everyone the schedule had them playing, except NE. You can't take that away from them. When we get to the end of the season, those 6 wins will count toward their final record, and give them an inside track for the playoffs.
I agree with my fellow Bills fans who maintain they are beatable. The one clear edge the Jets have is in the productivity of Chad Pennington over Drew Bledsoe. If, however, the forecast for a windy day holds true, the wind may negate that advantage. If noone can throw, then Pennington won't be any better than Bledsoe. It will come down to running game versus defense, turnovers, and special teams. I think Buffalo matches up pretty well in those areas, except for turnovers. Martin has the pedigree as a running back, but the Bills handled him pretty well in the Meadowlands this season, and have usually held him under his average. The Jets have a good run defense as well. NFL.com had Buffalo ranked 4th in run defense, allowing 97 yards per game. The Jets rank 8th allowing 101.6 per game. I don't know where this 79 yards per game figure came from, but my stats came from NFL.com. In the first game, the Jets contained Travis Henry, but not Willis McGahee. I don't think that was enough to make a sound judgement on though. He is still an intriguing unknown as far as projecting how he'll do against the Jets over a whole game. The Bills have the edge in special teams. The Jets have the edge in turnovers. Last Sunday, however, the Cardinals who also had a big edge in turnovers came away empty handed. There were no turnovers in the game.

When the Bills and Jets met in the Meadowlands John Abraham had his best game of the season, but he was going up against an ailing Jonas Jennings. Jennings is no longer ailing, and I expect him to have a much better game. Frankly, in view of the line's better play, including Jennings' improved health, and the likely dependence on the ground game, I don't expect the Bills to give up more than one or two sacks.

I'm expecting a defensive struggle and I'm predicting a Bills win.

good_ol_gil
11-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Your Pass Defense is your strength as long as you get pressure on the QB, your run D is suseptible.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Our run d has been great except for the fact that we give up a few too many big runs. We actually lead the league in running back stuffs. I'll take this run over last year's, which didn't give up any big runs but kept giving up four and five yard chunks on EVERY run.

Should be a good game.

TigerJ
11-06-2004, 09:21 PM
It really kills me when someone says, our (blank) is great, except for (blank). In this case, Jets fans claiming their run defense is great except for giving up big plays. Well, I have some news. Big plays are part of the game too. I'd be very happy if the Jets hold Willis McGahee to three yards per carry except for a couple of 50 yard runs, especially if those runs result in touchdowns. I remember a Bills fan who used to say Travis Henry isn't that great if you take away his runs of ten yards or more. Well duh!

steJ
11-06-2004, 09:35 PM
It really kills me when someone says, our (blank) is great, except for (blank). In this case, Jets fans claiming their run defense is great except for giving up big plays. Well, I have some news. Big plays are part of the game too. I'd be very happy if the Jets hold Willis McGahee to three yards per carry except for a couple of 50 yard runs, especially if those runs result in touchdowns. I remember a Bills fan who used to say Travis Henry isn't that great if you take away his runs of ten yards or more. Well duh!

We have a good run stuffing D becasue we take chances. When you take chances you might get burned. So far this philosophy has worked out well....6-1 well as a matter of fact. I don't see the game plan against the Bills changing that much. An unproven RB with an aging QB and a suspect O-line reaks of blitz...another 6 sacks should get it done.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 12:33 AM
We have a good run stuffing D becasue we take chances. When you take chances you might get burned. So far this philosophy has worked out well....6-1 well as a matter of fact. I don't see the game plan against the Bills changing that much. An unproven RB with an aging QB and a suspect O-line reaks of blitz...another 6 sacks should get it done.

Awful confident about getting those 6 sacks, I dont think the Jets will get 5.
If you had more ZB's id propose a bet. Oh well my perdiction:

Jets 28
Bills 21

Bledsoe goes 11-23 175yds 1 TD 0 INT 4 sacks
McGahee 28 carries 143 yard 2 TD
Moulds 6 rec 83 yds 1 TD

Pennington 15-20 235yds 3TD 0 INT 2 sacks
Martin/Jordan 22 carries 83 yards 1 TD
Moss 8 rec 122yds 2TD

Thats what I think the score and stat line will look like and ill be very happy with that to be honest as a Bills fan, although I think we can win.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 12:35 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about. Our run d has been great except for the fact that we give up a few too many big runs. We actually lead the league in running back stuffs. I'll take this run over last year's, which didn't give up any big runs but kept giving up four and five yard chunks on EVERY run.

Should be a good game.

Go back to my 2nd post and read this years defense is giving up an avg of 4.1 yards every carry. So they are giving up 4 yards every play and big plays? Yet youd still take this years D? Oh well. I do agree though this should be a good game. best of luck, and no injuries!

mchurchfie
11-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Bottomline is that the Jests are the Jests :loser: :puke: and they will eventually figure out a way to **** things up and return to old form. :loser:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Icer
11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Alright I take back what I said

You guys owned us, McGahee ripped our Run D apart, Martin as I expected didnt do anything, but unlike what I expected Pennington sucked and didnt execute a dink and dunk type game.

And your Dline owned our Oline, and we had no pass rush. I cant believe Shaun Ellis missed freakin' Drew Bledsoe so bad when he had a wide open shot too. Unreal :doh:

TigerJ
11-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the post game visit, Icer. Think we'll see your smack talking buddies?

Icer
11-08-2004, 08:10 PM
I dont know any of the other Jets fans on this forum, so I dunno.