PDA

View Full Version : End of the first half

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Drew was on 103.3 and said that after second down they felt that the refs didn't reset the 25 second clock correctly. When that happened they had to burn a timeout. They ran the next play and didn't make it. They didn't have the "right personel" to throw a pass so they decided to spike it and take the three. I can't quite remember if that was the right sequence of plays, but Drew said that it the 25 second clock was not set right after a play and that was the reason.

(I am not making an excuse, I am just stating what I heard)

Ebenezer
11-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Drew was on 103.3 and said that after second down they felt that the refs didn't reset the 25 second clock correctly. When that happened they had to burn a timeout. They ran the next play and didn't make it. They didn't have the "right personel" to throw a pass so they decided to spike it and take the three. I can't quite remember if that was the right sequence of plays, but Drew said that it the 25 second clock was not set right after a play and that was the reason.

(I am not making an excuse, I am just stating what I heard)
a couple of players on the field wanted the 25 second clock reset...regardless, 22 seconds left in the half is more than enough time to throw a jumper to in the corner of the endzone and still have time to kick a FG...the Bills balked.