• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Original: Frank Stephen

Nice hook to Eb's column this week as he compares old sitcoms to the Bills players.

This edition of Up My Flagpole was inspired while watching the Sunday night debacle between the Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots. Somewhere, late in the first quarter, I found myself saying, “If I wanted to watch a repeat I’d flip over to TVLand”. Sunday night games for the Bills have just turned into pain associated with having to go to a spouse’s holiday party. You know there is going to be food but at some point it is going to turn into a co-worker crab fest that leaves you wanting to just leave but you know you can’t.
    So, it got me thinking, “How does this game remind me of repeats on TV?” Picture if you will, your favorite, comfy old TV shows starring some of your favorite Buffalo Bills.

Up My Flagpole
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• clumping platelets

Billy Joe Hobert?

5. I felt pretty secure during the second half of the Cards game

Comment

• Sabre Ally
      • Jul 2002

I've never even seen most of those shows.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

the answer to #7-SABURZFAN
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          Billy Joe Hobert?

5. I felt pretty secure during the second half of the Cards game
          well...during the 4th quarter...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

yeah.. i didnt get the whole show reference.. the only one i ever liked was welcome back cotter..

and then when i read the last line about jp losman being a bust because you saw 6 plays.. that pretty much just sealed the deal for me..

on the article.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
              I've never even seen most of those shows.
              except for the odd couple they were all made after you were born...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                yeah.. i didnt get the whole show reference.. the only one i ever liked was welcome back cotter..

and then when i read the last line about jp losman being a bust because you saw 6 plays.. that pretty much just sealed the deal for me..

on the article.
                explain to me again how he is the savior and how he was worth the price paid to get him?? Big Ben and Brady would have been ready...he was ill prepared, that's either on the coaches or on him. Not being physically ready - on the coaches, not mentally - on him.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  except for the odd couple they were all made after you were born...
                  Yeah, but remember, my town didn't even have cable until I was 14.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

no UHF independent stations that showed them every night?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

According to a neighbor the street I live on didn't have cable until about 6 years ago...

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

sorry, but for all the *****ing that goes on about negativity on this board.. it just cracks me up that the kid was not good in 6 plays against the superbowl champs and now he is a bust..

call me crazy, but i would just like to see him play for a year or so before determining the kids future in the nfl..

give me a break about roethlisberger.. guess what he did in his first series as a pro? threw a pick.. guess he didnt study.. he also fumbled later in that game.. guess roethlisberger is billy joe holbert, but just has a better team around him.

and how many tom brady's have there been? he is a rare breed.

people calling JP losman a bust already mine as well go jump off a cliff... because that is more negative than anything i have ever said..

people have been riding bledsoe's jock for 3 years through horribly disguisting play and mistakes that are worse than a rookie would make.. and are just NOW FINALLY realizing he has pretty much sucked his whole career..

but losman plays for about 2 minutes, and he is crap, and should be thrown in the junk pile.

whatever.

as i have heard numerous times for bashing bledsoe.. i guess the JP haters are just not real fans of the team.. the jp haters need to go find another team to root for!
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          sorry, but for all the *****ing that goes on about negativity on this board.. it just cracks me up that the kid was not good in 6 plays against the superbowl champs and now he is a bust..

call me crazy, but i would just like to see him play for a year or so before determining the kids future in the nfl..

give me a break about roethlisberger.. guess what he did in his first series as a pro? threw a pick.. guess he didnt study.. he also fumbled later in that game.. guess roethlisberger is billy joe holbert, but just has a better team around him.

and how many tom brady's have there been? he is a rare breed.

people calling JP losman a bust already mine as well go jump off a cliff... because that is more negative than anything i have ever said..

people have been riding bledsoe's jock for 3 years through horribly disguisting play and mistakes that are worse than a rookie would make.. and are just NOW FINALLY realizing he has pretty much sucked his whole career..

but losman plays for about 2 minutes, and he is crap, and should be thrown in the junk pile.

whatever.

as i have heard numerous times for bashing bledsoe.. i guess the JP haters are just not real fans of the team.. the jp haters need to go find another team to root for!
                          read my posts...I want to see the kid play...just remember the cost to get him...he better be better than Kelly when all is said and done...

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            no UHF independent stations that showed them every night?
                            I think we got an ABC, an NBC, a CBS and a PBS...that was it. Then a couple years before cable we started to get the WB.

I've seen Coach a lot, but the others I've only seen a few times, and 'What's Happening?' I've never even heard of.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

you didnt say "i want to see him play"

you said.. "the part of my spine where the cynic resides says the kid is a complete bust".. all you have done is ***** about the fact that we gave up a 2nd and 5th round pick to get him since the day he was drafted..

you are not saying that you want to see him play.. you are and have been calling him a bust since draft day, saying he better be jim kelly or he is ****ing terrible..

its a joke..

i personally hope the guy is a little better than jim kelly, considering that kelly couldnt win a superbowl. but if he is not.. if he is just as good as trent dilfer and we win the superbowl, then i will be happy too.

Comment

Working...
                              X