PDA

View Full Version : Pat and Sam need to go on a diet

G. Host
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
“They have two guys who are two feet from each other and combine to weigh 800 to 1,000 pounds,” McCown said of Buffalo's defensive tackle duo of Adams and Pat Williams. “You can’t block those guys with one lineman, so it takes two or three guys to block those guys up, and that frees a linebacker to come on a blitz, and then we can’t pick him up.” more (Tondawana News) (http://www.tonawanda-news.com/story.asp?id=1336)

Lucky for him we are not in the same division of him with Bills playing again for those would be posting words!

Milloy has a few fighting words for a few people on the Zone as well:
“Who counted the Bills out? Shame on you if you did,” Milloy said. “At 0-4, you can pretty much look at it like we’ve been in a playoff situation since Week 5. We’re trying to get back into it by taking it one win at a time.”

TigerJ
12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
What Milloy said is pretty much true. Buffalo's playoffs began after the second loss to NE. They put themselves in a position of having to win out. Even if it hasn't been the league's toughest schedule, the pressure of having to win every week for so many weeks has to be an interesting experience for a team. I wonder if it makes them stronger for next year even if they don't make it this year.

Canadian'eh!
12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
“They have two guys who are two feet from each other and combine to weigh 800 to 1,000 pounds,” McCown said of Buffalo's defensive tackle duo of Adams and Pat Williams. “You can’t block those guys with one lineman, so it takes two or three guys to block those guys up, and that frees a linebacker to come on a blitz, and then we can’t pick him up.” more (Tondawana News) (http://www.tonawanda-news.com/story.asp?id=1336)

Lucky for him we are not in the same division of him with Bills playing again for those would be posting words!

Milloy has a few fighting words for a few people on the Zone as well:
“Who counted the Bills out? Shame on you if you did,” Milloy said. “At 0-4, you can pretty much look at it like we’ve been in a playoff situation since Week 5. We’re trying to get back into it by taking it one win at a time.”

Looks like McClown is just as bad at math as he is at QB. I know they are big, but 500 each? They are listed at 317 and 335, and while they may both be over that, 400-500 pounds each seem a bit high to me.

Edit: oh and as for Milloy's comments. It seems like some of the people out there are STILL as negative about our chances as they were at 0-4.

OpIv37
12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
What Milloy said is pretty much true. Buffalo's playoffs began after the second loss to NE. They put themselves in a position of having to win out. Even if it hasn't been the league's toughest schedule, the pressure of having to win every week for so many weeks has to be an interesting experience for a team. I wonder if it makes them stronger for next year even if they don't make it this year.

I think it has to help motivate them for next year. First, they'll know how important it is to win early, which is a motivating factor. Second, when they dropped to 3-6 and every game became a must-win, they rallied with four straight wins (and counting, hopefully). I think this team goes into next season mentally prepared to win.

jdenning
12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Im from Chicago hardcore Buffalo Bills fan and I decided to get tickets to the Bills game this wknd in Cinci lets hope they win, im starting to like are chances.. knock on wood but come on everyone we need this win

Turf
12-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Why the hell does McClown think we've got them both, and they're both playing the middle. Let me wipe a tear from my eye because they're doing what we asked them to.....

NapalmDeath
12-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Im from Chicago hardcore Buffalo Bills fan and I decided to get tickets to the Bills game this wknd in Cinci lets hope they win, im starting to like are chances.. knock on wood but come on everyone we need this win

Yes we do need this win.

britbillsfan
12-14-2004, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=Canadian'eh!]Looks like McClown is just as bad at math as he is at QB. I know they are big, but 500 each? They are listed at 317 and 335, and while they may both be over that, 400-500 pounds each seem a bit high to me.
QUOTE]
He probably has a VERY good idea as to Sam's weight (ouch), Pat is huge as well, so he could be more accurate than you would think........

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2004, 08:24 AM
I thought I read that he said they combine in at 800,000 pounds.

SABURZFAN
12-14-2004, 12:32 PM
800-1000 pounds????i doubt that.700-750 pounds is probably more realistic.

Bling
12-14-2004, 12:37 PM
I'd sue the Bills if I was Pat's or Sam's family. How do you let a guy get that big? They're going to die at 40.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Sam and Pat have both had excellent seasons.

Bon apetit, boys.

don137
12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
thank goodness Mcown does not work for a carnival guessing people's weight.

The King
12-14-2004, 02:42 PM

You have to assume they will take this experience into next year. Look how easy a playoff spot would be right now if they went .500 in september.