Thread: Pat and Sam need to go on a diet

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Post Pat and Sam need to go on a diet

“They have two guys who are two feet from each other and combine to weigh 800 to 1,000 pounds,” McCown said of Buffalo's defensive tackle duo of Adams and Pat Williams. “You can’t block those guys with one lineman, so it takes two or three guys to block those guys up, and that frees a linebacker to come on a blitz, and then we can’t pick him up.” more (Tondawana News)

Lucky for him we are not in the same division of him with Bills playing again for those would be posting words!

Milloy has a few fighting words for a few people on the Zone as well:
    “Who counted the Bills out? Shame on you if you did,” Milloy said. “At 0-4, you can pretty much look at it like we’ve been in a playoff situation since Week 5. We’re trying to get back into it by taking it one win at a time.”

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    What Milloy said is pretty much true. Buffalo's playoffs began after the second loss to NE. They put themselves in a position of having to win out. Even if it hasn't been the league's toughest schedule, the pressure of having to win every week for so many weeks has to be an interesting experience for a team. I wonder if it makes them stronger for next year even if they don't make it this year.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,699 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Host
    “They have two guys who are two feet from each other and combine to weigh 800 to 1,000 pounds,” McCown said of Buffalo's defensive tackle duo of Adams and Pat Williams. “You can’t block those guys with one lineman, so it takes two or three guys to block those guys up, and that frees a linebacker to come on a blitz, and then we can’t pick him up.” more (Tondawana News)

Lucky for him we are not in the same division of him with Bills playing again for those would be posting words!

Milloy has a few fighting words for a few people on the Zone as well:
    “Who counted the Bills out? Shame on you if you did,” Milloy said. “At 0-4, you can pretty much look at it like we’ve been in a playoff situation since Week 5. We’re trying to get back into it by taking it one win at a time.”

Looks like McClown is just as bad at math as he is at QB. I know they are big, but 500 each? They are listed at 317 and 335, and while they may both be over that, 400-500 pounds each seem a bit high to me.

Edit: oh and as for Milloy's comments. It seems like some of the people out there are STILL as negative about our chances as they were at 0-4.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,397 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    What Milloy said is pretty much true. Buffalo's playoffs began after the second loss to NE. They put themselves in a position of having to win out. Even if it hasn't been the league's toughest schedule, the pressure of having to win every week for so many weeks has to be an interesting experience for a team. I wonder if it makes them stronger for next year even if they don't make it this year.
    I think it has to help motivate them for next year. First, they'll know how important it is to win early, which is a motivating factor. Second, when they dropped to 3-6 and every game became a must-win, they rallied with four straight wins (and counting, hopefully). I think this team goes into next season mentally prepared to win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This weekend Ill be cheering for us

Im from Chicago hardcore Buffalo Bills fan and I decided to get tickets to the Bills game this wknd in Cinci lets hope they win, im starting to like are chances.. knock on wood but come on everyone we need this win

Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Why the hell does McClown think we've got them both, and they're both playing the middle. Let me wipe a tear from my eye because they're doing what we asked them to.....
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jdenning
    Im from Chicago hardcore Buffalo Bills fan and I decided to get tickets to the Bills game this wknd in Cinci lets hope they win, im starting to like are chances.. knock on wood but come on everyone we need this win
    Yes we do need this win.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    [QUOTE=Canadian'eh!]Looks like McClown is just as bad at math as he is at QB. I know they are big, but 500 each? They are listed at 317 and 335, and while they may both be over that, 400-500 pounds each seem a bit high to me.
    QUOTE]
    He probably has a VERY good idea as to Sam's weight (ouch), Pat is huge as well, so he could be more accurate than you would think........

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,125 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I thought I read that he said they combine in at 800,000 pounds.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    800-1000 pounds????i doubt that.700-750 pounds is probably more realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd sue the Bills if I was Pat's or Sam's family. How do you let a guy get that big? They're going to die at 40.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Sam and Pat have both had excellent seasons.

Bon apetit, boys.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    thank goodness Mcown does not work for a carnival guessing people's weight.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ
    You have to assume they will take this experience into next year. Look how easy a playoff spot would be right now if they went .500 in september.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.