PDA

View Full Version : Trap Game this weekend

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
With a 4 game streak going into Cincy, I'm worried that this will be a trap game for us. The Bungles are no longer automatic wins anymore. They've been putting up some points on the board as well. Playing at home, I'm afraid of an upset to ruin our "run the table to make the playoffs" plan. :eek:

Anyone else worried or are you all so confident?

The King
12-14-2004, 10:02 AM
I think we are going to kick ass. And not take any name because aparently the bengals dont know names.

Carl Pickens... we should make sure we contain him and Jeff Blake.

Ebenezer
12-14-2004, 10:06 AM
With a 4 game streak going into Cincy, I'm worried that this will be a trap game for us. The Bungles are no longer automatic wins anymore. They've been putting up some points on the board as well. Playing at home, I'm afraid of an upset to ruin our "run the table to make the playoffs" plan. :eek:

Anyone else worried or are you all so confident?
how is it a trap game? trap games are when you schedule a bad team between two hard teams...just the opposite in this case...it is also a playoff game...no trap...if they are flat it will be because they are ill prepared.

The_Philster
12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I think we are going to kick ass. And not take any name because aparently the bengals dont know names.

Darnay Scott has been a threat to opposing defenses all season as well :eek:

justasportsfan
12-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I'll just say, we won't be holding them to 17 yds. net.

The King
12-14-2004, 10:12 AM

Dont you mean ashley ambrose?

The_Philster
12-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Dont you mean ashley ambrose?
No :mad: But now that you mention him, I hope he doesn't play out his ass against Moulds :nervous:

The King
12-14-2004, 10:16 AM
No :mad: But now that you mention him, I hope he doesn't play out his ass against Moulds :nervous:

Once again I think you mean Price.

Ebenezer
12-14-2004, 10:17 AM
I'll just say, we won't be holding them to 17 yds. net.
I agree with that.

The_Philster
12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Once again I think you mean Price.
don't be ridiculous :cynic: They'll probably lock up Jimmy Spencer on Peerless

justasportsfan
12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
I agree with that.maybe 50 :up:

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2004, 10:19 AM
I am very worried. My prediction is if we win this game we go to the playoffs. If not I don't think we will.

The King
12-14-2004, 10:20 AM
maybe 50 :up:

If we get the kind of pressure we had last week we shouldnt have a problem....hell if we get half the pressure. We will find out Carsons status tommorow I really hope he plays.

justasportsfan
12-14-2004, 10:22 AM
If we get the kind of pressure we had last week we shouldnt have a problem....hell if we get half the pressure. We will find out Carsons status tommorow I really hope he plays.
BTw, will it snow in Cincy? We can't afford Drew having a 100 yd. day. Not against the bengals.

TedMock
12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm feeling pretty confident. I mean, sure, Minifield and Dixon ******ed our passing game, but the O-line really held it's own against Michael Dean Perry and Clay Matthews. If we play this way against Krumrie and the boys, we'll be fine.

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
how is it a trap game? trap games are when you schedule a bad team between two hard teams...just the opposite in this case...it is also a playoff game...no trap...if they are flat it will be because they are ill prepared.
By trap game I mean a game that we're supposed to win, that we're confident that we'll win, and get surprised. :geek:

Ebenezer
12-14-2004, 10:53 AM
By trap game I mean a game that we're supposed to win, that we're confident that we'll win, and get surprised. :geek:
I don't think anybody should be confident that we should win...SF is the trap game between Cincy and Pitts.

BuffaloRanger
12-14-2004, 10:57 AM
That's not the definition of a trap game. You have to be favored by alot. Since they played a hell of alot better against the Pats then we did, this game could go either way based on some big plays and bad calls.

San Fran could be a trap game if the Bills win are looking ahead to the Steelers.

BuffaloRanger
12-14-2004, 10:58 AM
You beat me to it, Eb.

Iehoshua
12-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Any road game concerns me more than a home game... As a general statement, most NFL teams don't do as well on the road...

justasportsfan
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Once we beat the Bengals and the 49'ers the Steelers would be a trap game going into the playoffs :D

don137
12-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Buffalo will not be taking the Bungles lightly. You don't put up 28 points @New England and be considered a gimme game. I agree with Eb that San Fran is a trap game.

Ebenezer
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Buffalo will not be taking the Bungles lightly. You don't put up 28 points @New England and be considered a gimme game. I agree with Eb that San Fran is a trap game.
as I said when the schedule came out...the day after Christmas?? across country?? Only SD and Buff have to travel that far to play on that day...why? who did we screw to get that assignment?? only aspect of the game that I hate.

Typ0
12-14-2004, 02:53 PM
If CP hadn't gotten injured and they had to change directions in the middle of the game I think cincy had a really good shot of winning that game in NE. They only lost by a TD and there were a couple of key turnovers for cincy as they were theatening to score. Playing Cincy this week is no gimme game...but we are an easier match up for them because they are very suseptible down field and that plays into DB's strenghts. If our special teams and defense play well and score or put us in good positions to score we should win...but the Cincy players are going to be one pissed off group of guys this week because they let a great opportunity for a win against one of the best teams in the league slip away from them last week. Even at 6-7 they aren't out of the playoff race and feel they can beat good teams. I think it's going to be a good game.

finsrclowns
12-14-2004, 04:00 PM
We will go as far as our OL carries us this year. If we can pass protect adequately in this game I think we have a great chance to win. Cincy can get after the QB. They had 7 sacks on BR in their game vs Pitt and Pitt was very lucky to escape with a 3 point W 17-14. When I saw them play Denver on Monday night a while back they were bringing lots of pressure on Jake the Fake and they were effective with it.

The other thing that bothers me is the TE situation. Sadly both Campbell and Euhus were both emerging as threats in our offense before they both went down. I don't think Neufeld and Peters scare anyone. Does Peters even know the plays yet?

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM

I heard this Takeo Spikes LB they drafted in the 1st round is pretty good.

Gunzlingr
12-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Ki-Jana Carter has been tearing it up on the ground too!

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Ki-Jana Carter has been tearing it up on the ground too!
I'm more worried about Ickey Woods. :eek: