PDA

View Full Version : a-train

nuklz2594
02-27-2005, 06:52 PM
if the bears let the a-train go would you like him as a compliment to willis? he will be released due to his cap number and the emergence of t.jones.
your thoughts

kevinj22
02-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I would definitely take him. I'm not comfortable with Shaud as the #2, he's good but I would prefer a power back.

ddaryl
02-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes I would be comfortable if he was willing to be the #2

Ickybaluky
02-27-2005, 07:53 PM
if the bears let the a-train go would you like him as a compliment to willis? he will be released due to his cap number and the emergence of t.jones.
your thoughts

The Bears don't have to let him go, he is an unrestricted free agent.

That said, I think he wants to be a starter, not a backup. He will only sign as a backup if nobody offers him more playing time.

OpIv37
02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
that and he'll probably want more money than we're willing to pay. I'm not comfortable with the backup situation though- if Willis goes down, Shaud Williams and Joe Burns are going to have to play RB by committee, and that won't take pressure off of JP.

Meathead
02-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Absofunkenwagnel

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2005, 06:08 AM
The Bears don't have to let him go, he is an unrestricted free agent.

That said, I think he wants to be a starter, not a backup. He will only sign as a backup if nobody offers him more playing time.
Exactly. That's why he has wanted to leave Chicago this whole time. He couldn't handle losing his starting gig to Thomas Jones.

Jan Reimers
02-28-2005, 07:03 AM
I saw him play in college against Syracuse. He was an absolute stud, and he was really good early on for the Bears.

He's still young and probably feels he should be starting for someone - and he should be.

Earthquake Enyart
02-28-2005, 07:46 AM
He's just like Antoine Smith. A big, straight ahead runner that won't break one, but won't hurt you either.

He would be a nice change of pace for Willis.

Dozerdog
02-28-2005, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Antione Smith back here either

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-28-2005, 07:50 AM

No thanks, there are about 50 guys I would rather have than Antowhiner.

jamze132
02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I am surprised that some of the top RB's aren't knocking on our door for a chance to backup Willis. I know that Willis made it through the season without any major problems with the knee, but until he plays another full season and the knee stays healthy, I would want to come here cause you never know when you may become the full time starter.

Ickybaluky
02-28-2005, 12:23 PM
How about Derrick Blaylock (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235027)?

He has been backing up Priest Holmes the last few years, and though he will want more playing time he is unlikely to get a starting job. I would think KC isn't going to bring him back, unless they trade Larry Johnson.

Blaylock was very productive (career 156 car-723 yds-4.6 avg-10 TD rushing, 45 rec-474 yds-10.5 avg-2 TD receiving) for KC when he has played. He would be a nice change of pace from McGahee. Blaylock is built like Priest Holmes (short and stocky), and has good speed. He is a slashing-type runner and catches the ball well.

He could play the Kenneth Davis role to McGahee's Thurman Thomas. Blaylock is going to be a good player for someone.

mysticsoto
02-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a feeling that...this draft being ripe with RBs, that TD will prefer to draft an RB that won't complain about wanting to start and will be locked up for 3 yrs with us. He'll probably pick someone with potential but still needs work somewhere down and around the 6th round...maybe someone like Kay-Jay Harris

The_Philster
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
He's just like Antoine Smith. A big, straight ahead runner that won't break one, but won't hurt you either.

He would be a nice change of pace for Willis.

Antowain

Dozerdog
02-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Here's a surprse Phil

:negrep:

The_Philster
02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Here's a surprse Phil

:negrep:

:jawdrop: :fury: