PDA

View Full Version : 2 More UFA Sign With Bills

Romes
04-24-2005, 11:45 PM
WR Tony Brown - Tennessee
http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=25159

FB Jon Goldsberry - Purdue

http://www.purdueexponent.org/interface/bebop/showstory.php?date=2005/04/25&section=sports&storyid=draftpost

Look what the guy said to the media about coming to Buffalo:

Fullback Jon Goldsberry signed with the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent. His contract included a $20,000 signing bonus to go along with the league minimum salary.

Goldsberry said that he chose Buffalo over Detroit and New England because they offered the highest signing bonus and the situation at Buffalo was the best.

"They have a guy playing fullback who’s 33 and gets injured." Goldsberry said. "(I’m) going to Buffalo and raising hell."

I wonder if Shelton has anything to say about this? If I were Shelton I'd be pissed at a rookie making a comment like this.

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 11:54 PM
If he was talking about me, I'd give Spikes a big fat steak dinner if he knocked the rookie on his ass the first day.

Ebenezer
04-24-2005, 11:54 PM
oh great...another WR.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Here's Tony Brown's profile from the UT website:

Height/Weight: 6'2", 200
Hometown: Lauderdale Lakes, Fla.

Full name: Tony Leonard Brown ... Elected team captain for 2004 season ... Sure-handed receiver proved to be consistent and reliable target throughout last two seasons ... Vols’ top pass-catcher during that span with 63 receptions ... Led regular UT receivers in 2003 with 15.7-yard average per catch ... Ranked third on team in yards (376) and fourth in receptions (24) ... Tied for team high with 39 catches in 2002 ... Four career games with at least 75 receiving yards ... Coaching staff recognizes unselfish nature by his excellent blocking abilities ... Coming off another outstanding spring practice ... Coach Washing-ton's evaluation: "Tony’s biggest asset is he can play all the positions. He’s a competitive guy who can play every down.” ... Born: May 29, 1981.

CAREER - Games/Started: 37/22 ...

2003 - Games/Started: 13/12 ... Led regular UT receivers with 15.7-yard average per catch ... Ranked third on team in receiving yards (376) and fourth in receptions (24) ... Caught at least one pass in nine games ... Scored touchdowns in Vols’ first two games against Fresno State and Marshall ... Had two catches for 51 yards and added one rush in win over South Carolina ... Totaled career-best 78 yards on five catches at Auburn ... Led all UT receivers with four catches for 68 yards vs. Duke ... His two receptions for 51 yards in Vanderbilt contest included spectacular diving touchdown catch ... Added two catches for 48 yards in Peach Bowl vs. Clemson ...

2002 - Games/Started: 13/10 ... Tied for team lead with 39 catches ... Ranked second on 2003 team with 477 yards receiving ... Lone touchdown reception was crucial in Vols’ six-overtime victory against Arkansas ... Big scoring play was 25-yard touchdown reception on Tennessee’s first play in fourth overtime vs. Razorbacks ... Started season with 15 catches for 152 yards in Vols’ first two games ... Those games against Wyoming and Middle Tennessee were first career starts ... Had two catches for 57 yards vs. Georgia ... Recorded three catches for 40 yards in victory over Vanderbilt ... Had key 15-yard catch on third down in Vols’ second scoring drive against Vanderbilt ... Earned Harvey Robinson Award as most improved offensive player during spring drills ...

2001 - Games/Started: 11/0 ... Saw action in every contest but Kentucky and SEC Championship Game ... Part of talented back-up receiving corps battling for playing time ...

2000 - Redshirted ...

HIGH SCHOOL - Named to PrepStar All-America squad ... All-State, All-Region and All-County performer in 1998 and 1999 ... Broke two school records held by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin ... Set records for most catches in season with 57 and 12 touchdowns (Irvin had 55 catches and 11 TDs) ... Four-year starter at wide receiver ... Helped guide team to Class 4A state championship with seven catches for 120 yards and one touchdown in title game ... Also helped team to 1997 state crown ... During four years, team’s overall record was 52-6 ... Selected to play in Florida-Georgia All-Star Game ... Also participated in basketball … Coach at St. Thomas Aquinas High School: George Smith..

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=550><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=6>RUSHING STATISTICS</TD></TR><TR><TD width=102 bgColor=#ff9900>Class/Year</TD><TD width=52 bgColor=#ff9900><CENTER>NO </CENTER></TD><TD width=57 bgColor=#ff9900><CENTER>YDS </CENTER></TD><TD width=74 bgColor=#ff9900><CENTER>AVG </CENTER></TD><TD width=51 bgColor=#ff9900><CENTER>TD </CENTER></TD><TD width=81 bgColor=#ff9900><CENTER>LONG </CENTER></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e5e5e5><TD>So. 2002</TD><TD><CENTER>1 </CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>-1 </CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>-1.0 </CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>0 </CENTER></TD><TD><CENTER>-- </CENTER></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Jr. 2003</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
--
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e5e5e5><TD>TOTALS</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
-- --

</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=6>RECEIVING STATISTICS</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ff9900>Class/Year</TD><TD bgColor=#ff9900>
NO
</TD><TD bgColor=#ff9900>
YDS
AVG
TD
LONG
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e5e5e5><TD>So. 2002</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
48-UG
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Jr. 2003</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
40-DU
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e5e5e5><TD>TOTALS</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
48-UG
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!--BEGIN FOOTER-->

Romes
04-25-2005, 12:07 AM
The most important thing in that scouting report is that Tony Brown has my birthday.

he must be really good. :up:

:jk:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Here's some info on Goldsburry from NFL Draft Insider:

Height/Weight: 6'1", 245
40 yd-dash: 4.73

STRENGTHS: Classic overachiever who gets the most out of his ability...Has good size and a solid frame...Has a high motor and is always giving 100%...Smart player...Very tough...Has shown some potential as a runner and pass catcher.

WEAKNESSES: Is not the most devastating blocker around, althought it's not for lack of effort...Is a limited natural athlete...Does everything well but nothing great...May have maxed out his potential and have a limited upside.

NOTES: Won't amaze you with his physical gifts but the type of guy you hate to doubt...A nice all-around fullback prospect who will get more than a look due to his top intangibles and attitude.

His Official Bio from Purdue:

Height/Weight: 6'3", 245
Hometown: Santa Claus, Indiana

2004: Named Best Special Teams Kamikaze in Big Ten by The Sporting News.

2003: Academic All-Big Ten ... received athletics department Durham Brothers Leadership Award ... appeared in all 13 games, including one start ... had seven tackles (3 solo, 4 assists) as backup linebacker and special teams performer and also served as fullback ... had 8-yard kickoff return vs. Bowling Green on Sept. 6 ... recorded season-high two tackles vs. Arizona on Sept. 20 ... caught 14-yard pass at Wisconsin on Oct. 18 ... also had lone rushing attempt (for no yards) in that game ... started at fullback at Indiana on Nov. 22.

2002: Appeared in all 12 games as reserve and on special teams ... had 25 tackles (15 solo, 10 assists) ... recorded career-high eight tackles (5 solo, 3 assists) vs. Wake Forest on Sept. 21 ... had four tackles (1 solo, 3 assists) and blocked an extra point at Northwestern on Oct. 26 ... played fullback in goal-line offense and had two carries for two yards, including 2-yard touchdown at Iowa on Oct. 5.

2001: Appeared in eight games as reserve and on special teams ... did not record any tackles.

2000: Did not play ... sidelined most of season with torn knee ligament ... underwent surgery that included cleaning up scar tissue formed during high school.

High School: Rushed for 1,009 yards (8.5 average per carry) with 22 touchdowns as senior en route to being named area and conference Most Valuable Player ... earned all-conference and all-area honors ... Mr. Football top 40 finalist ... had 42.9-yard punting average ... team won back-to-back conference championships his junior and senior seasons ... coach was Bob Clayton ... regarded as a top five hurdler in the state of Indiana ... also participated in wrestling ... named "Most Athletic" of his senior class. Personal: Give name is Jonathan Ray Goldsberry ... born Dec. 4, 1981 ... computer graphics technology major ... enjoys hunting and fishing.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2005, 12:54 AM
i hope this goldsberry kid does come in and raise hell.shelton isn't nothing that great.

ArcticWildMan
04-25-2005, 12:59 AM
"They have a guy playing fullback who’s 33 and gets injured." Goldsberry said. "(I’m) going to Buffalo and raising hell."

:rofl: This will be fun to watch as training camp gets closer!!

mypoorfriendme
04-25-2005, 01:01 AM
i hope this goldsberry kid does come in and raise hell.shelton isn't nothing that great.

even espn analysts agreed he got robbed by not getting in the pro bowl. it takes a lot for anyone to take not of how well a full-back is doing. shelton did a great job last year

camelcowboy
04-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Agreed, but is anyone feeling like our offense will be really young and inexpienced this year.

It just feels like were taking steps backward

Spielmanrules54
04-25-2005, 01:08 AM
I was particularly pleased with how well Shelton was knocking around linebackers last year. Not quite Sam Gash in his prime, but a good blocking fullback nonetheless.

The Spaz
04-25-2005, 01:46 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2003/08/01/michigan_jackson_ap/t1_jackson_all.jpg
<b>Tony Brown</b>

The Spaz
04-25-2005, 01:50 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/pur/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/15302.jpeg
<b>Jon Goldsberry</b>

<b>2004: Named Best Special Teams Kamikaze in Big Ten by The Sporting News.</b>

http://purduesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/goldsberry_jon00.html

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2005, 02:35 AM
I was particularly pleased with how well Shelton was knocking around linebackers last year. Not quite Sam Gash in his prime, but a good blocking fullback nonetheless.

I like Shelton a lot too... thought he had a pro-bowl kinda year.... BUt i like this kid's attitude.. I hope he attacks LB's the way he does press conferences.

Bulldog
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM

:rofl: This will be fun to watch as training camp gets closer!!

That quote is priceless. :lmao: I'm thinking this guy will be involved in some fights this year at training camp. I'd be interested to see what he can do on special teams.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 08:48 AM
I like Shelton a lot too... thought he had a pro-bowl kinda year.... BUt i like this kid's attitude.. I hope he attacks LB's the way he does press conferences.
I'm not against the signing and competition...but don't we also have Luke Lawton on our PS? I was kind of hoping that after a year, he might be ready to pound someone and beat Shelton for the position...

The Spaz
04-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm not against the signing and competition...but don't we also have Luke Lawton on our PS? I was kind of hoping that after a year, he might be ready to pound someone and beat Shelton for the position...

No Lawton is gone, I think to the Giants.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 09:16 AM
No Lawton is gone, I think to the Giants.
Oh, okay, then this is probably a good signing. The Bills Front Office page from Billsdaily.com still has Lawton listed in the PS but I think that's b'cse it says 2004 PS and they just haven't updated it with people that have left -and probably won't until they update it for the 2005.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
If I recall correctly, Atlanta signed Luke Lawton off of our PS during the season when their FBs were injured and, then, the Giants claimed him from them when they tried to put him on their PS after their vet FBs were able to play again.

I was very upset about the Bills losing him because I liked him a lot. I still think he will develop into a good FB.