PDA

View Full Version : Titans Owner wants Henry

Mr. Miyagi
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
"We're interested in Henry,'' Adams said yesterday from the NFL Meetings in Washington, D.C. "He wants to get out of Buffalo. We think he has a lot of ability. We think he has four good years left. Because of where he went to college I think he'd be real popular with the fans.

"I think he'd be a real good addition.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050526/SPORTS01/505260427/1328/SPORTS

I think their situation grew a bit more dire since Chris Brown fractured his hand. So fork up the 3rd rounder and send it over already!!! :mad:

Iehoshua
05-26-2005, 12:23 PM
2nd rounder, no less. Throw in McNair to sweeten the deal.

Time to put the screws to 'em.

Jayhawk
05-26-2005, 12:24 PM
and a kicker to be named later

ryven
05-26-2005, 12:31 PM
I would take a 4th and Erron Kinney
Position: TE
Height: 6-5
Weight: 275

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
yep, this makes a lot of sense. But at this point I would prefer a player and a pick rather than just a pick. A pick won't help us this year. Problem is, the Titans don't have much experience left on their roster other than at DE. Bo Schobel anyone?

Jayhawk
05-26-2005, 12:54 PM
that de Hall would be good.

BuffaloRanger
05-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Wow, an owner that actually thinks fans care about local college boys?? What a new concept.

The last SU guy that was picked up by the Bills....?

Bills want Syracuse fans buying Bills tickets and merchandise, but hell no, we'd never take a SU player, that would be stupid.

I'm not saying take a player just becasue he went to SU, just recognize that a SU player would be popular with the fans.

Mr. Miyagi
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I'd go for that. :up:

Kerr
05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
That's not a bad idea. We need a healthy TE, and it's a plus that he's a veteran TE who's a good blocker and decent receiver. With Everett out for possibly the whole season and Campbell and Euhus coming off knee injuries, we could really use this guy. I think they already had plans for Ben Troupe to start at TE anyway.

jamze132
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
yep, this makes a lot of sense. But at this point I would prefer a player and a pick rather than just a pick. A pick won't help us this year. Problem is, the Titans don't have much experience left on their roster other than at DE. Bo Schobel anyone?
Whats the difference? You say a pick won't help us out this year. You really think we are going to get a player that will actually help us out? No way in hell we get a decent pick and a player that can actually play. I say just do the 3rd round pick and call it done. It's not like the Titans are going to break .500 this year so it will be a decent pick.

Mr. Miyagi
05-26-2005, 02:37 PM
One thing is for sure I don't want an OL guy from them. Look how often McNair got injured last season....:(

Ickybaluky
05-26-2005, 06:38 PM

With Ben Troupe having foot surgery that will shelve him through training camp, I doubt the Titans are in a position to trade Kinney - who is their starter at TE. In fact, they only have 3 healthy TE on the roster and said they are looking to sign another one before camp starts.

Besides, Kinney, recently signed a long-term contract extension through 2008 to stay with the Titans, with $440K (http://www.titanscentral.net/2005SALARYCAP.html) amortized per year. Since he has a $900K base salary, that means the Titans would take about a $860K cap hit to trade him ($1.76M in dead money). With them being in cap trouble (they lead the NFL in dead money), that would make no sense for them.

jpdex12
05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
With Ben Troupe having foot surgery that will shelve him through training camp, I doubt the Titans are in a position to trade Kinney - who is their starter at TE. In fact, they only have 3 healthy TE on the roster and said they are looking to sign another one before camp starts.

Besides, Kinney, recently signed a long-term contract extension through 2008 to stay with the Titans, with $440K (http://www.titanscentral.net/2005SALARYCAP.html) amortized per year. Since he has a $900K base salary, that means the Titans would take about a $860K cap hit to trade him ($1.76M in dead money). With them being in cap trouble (they lead the NFL in dead money), that would make no sense for them.
Finally, someone with some sense! Too bad he's a Patty fan.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-26-2005, 10:07 PM
One thing is for sure I don't want an OL guy from them. Look how often McNair got injured last season....:(
McNair is the toughest china doll I've ever seen. :brush:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-27-2005, 02:15 AM

Excellent point. If you hadn't pointed this out, I would have. With B.Troupe hurting and S.Meier gone as a FA, the Titans are actually looking for a TE to sign for their mini-camps. With Troupe's injury history, even if he is back for the preseason, there is no way that the Titans would consider trading Kinney, who is now the only other truly experienced TE that they have on their roster.

So, forget Kinney. But, with B.Adams pushing for T.Henry now, the pressure will be on his GM F.Reese to cough up that third round pick that TD has been holding out for once Reese gets back from his vacation.

ryjam282
05-27-2005, 06:31 AM
I would love us to get Kinney, but there is no way they deal him with Troupe getting injured already. I just say get a 3rd rounder or a conditional 4th rounder that could be a 3rd rounder if he hits certain yardages.

Sportsuser101
05-27-2005, 01:31 PM
that de Hall would be good.
He was traded to the Chiefs.

Dicknoze69
05-27-2005, 01:46 PM
The Titans other option at RB is Jarrett Payton, who is currently destroying NFL Europe. Everyone knows Brown can't stay healthy, but he is another option for them at RB.

Mr. Miyagi
05-27-2005, 02:01 PM
The Titans other option at RB is Jarrett Payton, who is currently destroying NFL Europe. Everyone knows Brown can't stay healthy, but he is another option for them at RB.
Does the name Ken Simonton mean anything to you?

TedMock
05-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Does the name Ken Simonton mean anything to you?

....and Curtis Alexander.

Devin
05-27-2005, 02:35 PM
They pay for him they can have him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Ya know, looking at the Titans situation, they are for sure a franchise in big trouble. I don't see how they can field a competitive product this year. I mean look at their roster. Holy crap. The Titans of '05 will be the Dolphins of '04, if not worse. If they win more than 4 games it is both the miracle of the year and the best coaching job ever by Fischer. Thank God you are not a Titans fan this year.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-28-2005, 01:09 AM
The problem with that is that Payton is also getting a lot of work and taking a lot of hits over there which can really take a toll on a RB's ability to make it through the NFL season as a starter. Payton might be able to do a good job as a back-up for a featured RB who isn't going to miss a lot of time, but C.Brown's injury history and the fact that he's already banged-up doesn't make it likely that this will be the case.

Michael82
05-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Ken Simonton! 'Nuff Said. :snicker:

Iehoshua
05-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Ken Simonton! 'Nuff Said. :snicker:
Exactly. Destroying NFL Europe means less than nothing.