PDA

View Full Version : When Dante Culpepper was named the starter

ghz in pittsburgh
06-27-2005, 12:56 PM
How many here thought Green was crazy at that time? I did. The Viking just finished strong. Randy Moss had the best rookie campaign ever for I can remember. And Green let Jeff George go. Their team was said to be fairly loaded.

It turned out what Green saw on practice field from Culpepper was pretty accurate.

I'm hoping the same works out for Mularkay and Losman. But there is one strike against Losman from my perspective: that NE game last year. The overriding fact will be what the coaches/players see from daily practices. No one in the media had any hints what Culpepper did the year before he started. And no one had given us any hints that Brady was leading the scout team tearing apart Belichick's starting defense before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe Losman did something behind the door last year. Then again, maybe Donahoe and Mularkay just want to save $1 million signing bonus due to Bledsoe on March 1.

juice
06-27-2005, 09:03 PM
How many here thought Green was crazy at that time? I did. The Viking just finished strong. Randy Moss had the best rookie campaign ever for I can remember. And Green let Jeff George go. Their team was said to be fairly loaded.

It turned out what Green saw on practice field from Culpepper was pretty accurate.

I'm hoping the same works out for Mularkay and Losman. But there is one strike against Losman from my perspective: that NE game last year. The overriding fact will be what the coaches/players see from daily practices. No one in the media had any hints what Culpepper did the year before he started. And no one had given us any hints that Brady was leading the scout team tearing apart Belichick's starting defense before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe Losman did something behind the door last year. Then again, maybe Donahoe and Mularkay just want to save $1 million signing bonus due to Bledsoe on March 1.I thought Green was crazy when he went with George over Cunningham when he had just passed for the most yards in League History.. I thought it was Randall that was throwing the rock to Rookie Moss?