Thread: When Dante Culpepper was named the starter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When Dante Culpepper was named the starter

How many here thought Green was crazy at that time? I did. The Viking just finished strong. Randy Moss had the best rookie campaign ever for I can remember. And Green let Jeff George go. Their team was said to be fairly loaded.

It turned out what Green saw on practice field from Culpepper was pretty accurate.

I'm hoping the same works out for Mularkay and Losman. But there is one strike against Losman from my perspective: that NE game last year. The overriding fact will be what the coaches/players see from daily practices. No one in the media had any hints what Culpepper did the year before he started. And no one had given us any hints that Brady was leading the scout team tearing apart Belichick's starting defense before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe Losman did something behind the door last year. Then again, maybe Donahoe and Mularkay just want to save $1 million signing bonus due to Bledsoe on March 1.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When Dante Culpepper was named the starter

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    How many here thought Green was crazy at that time? I did. The Viking just finished strong. Randy Moss had the best rookie campaign ever for I can remember. And Green let Jeff George go. Their team was said to be fairly loaded.

It turned out what Green saw on practice field from Culpepper was pretty accurate.

I'm hoping the same works out for Mularkay and Losman. But there is one strike against Losman from my perspective: that NE game last year. The overriding fact will be what the coaches/players see from daily practices. No one in the media had any hints what Culpepper did the year before he started. And no one had given us any hints that Brady was leading the scout team tearing apart Belichick's starting defense before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe Losman did something behind the door last year. Then again, maybe Donahoe and Mularkay just want to save $1 million signing bonus due to Bledsoe on March 1.
    I thought Green was crazy when he went with George over Cunningham when he had just passed for the most yards in League History.. I thought it was Randall that was throwing the rock to Rookie Moss?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76