PDA

View Full Version : Sabres carnival

Twistmyarm
12-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Anyone going to the Sabres Carnival on Jan 5th?

I'm thinking it may be my last shot to get as many autographs on the jersey as I can, befoer returning it to it's place of honor....over the bar in my basement!!!

I got real lucky last month, has suite tickets for the Sabes-Capitals game (one of the few wins of the year) and who walks into the suite and sits with us for two periods??????

Bobby Hull and Marcel Dionne!!!! Great guys, very personable,, signed my jersey. my Marcel Dionne hockey cards and a few other things.

Hell maybe we can get the Golden Jet and Marcel to save the team!!!!

BironsGirl43
12-30-2002, 04:40 PM
OH OH OH!! Me..... I will probably be going to that!! That'll be a whole lot of fun..... whoever goes.. we should all meet up or something.. that would be fun.. I've already planned what I'm going to wear.. I'm going to take lots of pix too!! :)

Sabre Ally
12-30-2002, 04:45 PM
I might go, but I'm kinda broke at the moment. (stupid holidays)

BironsGirl43
12-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Ally GO.. that would be awesome.. tix are only 10 bucks.. you should come.. that would be awesome.. we could team up and try to snag Tim and Taylor... no J/K..... LOL.... but it would be a great time.. lemmie know if you're going.

Sabre Ally
12-30-2002, 05:00 PM
10 bucks is a lot when you only have 50 in your checking account :sadwalk:

BironsGirl43
12-30-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
10 bucks is a lot when you only have 50 in your checking account :sadwalk:

Awww.. no worries then.. come if you can.. there's no pressure on you..

I find the title under your avatar really funny... lol!! :woot:

Sabre Ally
12-30-2002, 05:04 PM
lol. shelby did that because I like Fiedler :fiedler:

Twistmyarm
12-30-2002, 05:35 PM
well I'll be there but as for what I'll be wearing it's a toss up between a full on Sabres Garb outfit or a bag with two eyes cut out and "Sabres Fan" written on it...j/k

Don Cherry
12-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Do they have clowns? I like clowns. Not the ones the Sabres have under contract...

Can Zhitnik make a poodle out of balloons?

Twistmyarm
12-31-2002, 08:55 AM
damn I didn't even think about that.....who is gonna fill the role of bozo the clown at the carnival this year.....shmelik is gone now!!!!

There was no better clown than him....oh my who is gonna fill the role of the clown at the carnival?

opinions?:gossip:

BironsGirl43
01-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Back from the carnival!

I thought Hecht was the nicest.. I played foosball with him and he was adorable.. he was winning 2-0 then I came back to tie it up.. only to lose 3-2 in the end.. I didn't care though... I took a pic with him and asked him about his ear.. lol.. he looked fine and he's much better looking in person

I took pics with most of the Sabres except Satan since he wasn't there and neither was Mika.

I played playstation with Timmy.. hehe.. I didn't know how to shoot.. lol.. so he showed me the buttons....

I asked the Sabres a question during the Q & A session.. It was scary and intimidating.. lol.. I was on the jumbotron..

Zhitnik had on this silly hat.. lol.. and he played ping pong with Tallinder and those who joined him.. it was fun

It was cool I thought.. and the guys as a whole are a great bunch.. I didn't pester anyone of them for autographs.. that's not my thing.. I'd rather get a picture or have a convo.. than their signature.. but yeah it was great seeing them all again..

I see them from time to time when I'm in Buffalo and at games but it was really cool to play games and stuff with 'em!

I took pics and I hope to post them when I get a scanner.. I already have them developed.. mwahaha!

Hey Phil.. a Jill was there.. you might know her.. lol..

Dozerdog
01-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43
Back from the carnival!

I thought Hecht was the nicest.. I played foosball with him and he was adorable.. he was winning 2-0 then I came back to tie it up.. only to lose 3-2 in the end.. I didn't care though... I took a pic with him and asked him about his ear.. lol.. he looked fine and he's much better looking in person

I took pics with most of the Sabres except Satan since he wasn't there and neither was Mika.

I played playstation with Timmy.. hehe.. I didn't know how to shoot.. lol.. so he showed me the buttons....

I asked the Sabres a question during the Q & A session.. It was scary and intimidating.. lol.. I was on the jumbotron..

Zhitnik had on this silly hat.. lol.. and he played ping pong with Tallinder and those who joined him.. it was fun

It was cool I thought.. and the guys as a whole are a great bunch.. I didn't pester anyone of them for autographs.. that's not my thing.. I'd rather get a picture or have a convo.. than their signature.. but yeah it was great seeing them all again..

I see them from time to time when I'm in Buffalo and at games but it was really cool to play games and stuff with 'em!

I took pics and I hope to post them when I get a scanner.. I already have them developed.. mwahaha!

Great! Glad you had a fun time!

a couple of observations-

1) Taking advantage of a guy with a concussion playing foosball isn't fair. The only reason you eventually lost is because you probably could not help but stare at his missing ear. :fiedler:

2) Asking Tim Connolly to teach you how to shoot is like asking Stevie Wonder how to fly an airplane.

I'm suprised he didn't get your phone number........ oh yeah, this is Tim Connoly we are talking about... he can't score either...

:lol!: :jk:

BironsGirl43
01-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Great! Glad you had a fun time!

a couple of observations-

1) Taking advantage of a guy with a concussion playing foosball isn't fair. The only reason you eventually lost is because you probably could not help but stare at his missing ear. :fiedler:

2) Asking Tim Connolly to teach you how to shoot is like asking Stevie Wonder how to fly an airplane.

I'm suprised he didn't get your phone number........ oh yeah, this is Tim Connoly we are talking about... he can't score either...

:lol!: :jk:

LMAO!!!!!! Thanks Dozer.. :)

LOL.. "take advantage" eh? You make me sound so bad.. lol.. I did look at his ear but it looked normal to me.. nothing was missing.. lol

"SHOOT" was on playstation so you just had to press it.. lol.. and he did help me out! And he does know how to shoot.. lol.. he's been doing it a lot more often..

LOL.. oh and with the comment about scoring.. god you're so mean!! lol :freako:

Tom D
01-06-2003, 05:16 PM

.. god you're so mean!! lol :freako:

What I do? :huh:

Twistmyarm
01-06-2003, 05:53 PM
I also had a good time, got the jersey signed by quite a few more peoples...let Perrault sign the middle of the crest right across from Bobby Hull's signature.

The only bad thing was while waiting in line at the duck pond for Biron, the guy cut off the line of where he was going to end it, and of course where do you think he ended it? yup right at me...oh well at least I got Miller's autograph while he and Stu were doing the race car thing.

Got a picture taken with Lindy, I figure it might be the last chance for that so I had to take advantage of it. LOL!

One other bad thing I noted was that there are definetly alot of A**HOLES out there, I saw on numerous times a grown adult push his way past a little kid to get an autograph. I had to contain myself not to say, you should be real proud of yourself pushing away a little kid for that lousy signature....some people just have no life!!!! oh well just my humble opinion.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
Do they have clowns? I like clowns. Not the ones the Sabres have under contract...

Can Zhitnik make a poodle out of balloons?

other than his ice time,he's as productive as a poodle.he should be buying the balloons since he's severely overpaid.

Sabre Ally
01-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Ok, now I'm jealous. I want to play foosball with Hecht too. :p:

Earthquake Enyart
01-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Biron in the duck pond?

That's funny. :snicker:

Connolley must be a dufus if he didn't take a shot at BG!! ;)

BironsGirl43
01-07-2003, 04:24 PM
SA you should have come! He's such a nice guy... ahhhhh *drools* lol......

Yeah he was in the Duck pond with Kalinin..

OMG Quake.... lol...... *blushes*

Sabre Ally
01-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Well, gee, you didn't tell me I'd get to talk to them! :laughter:
I'd probably faint and miss out on all the fun anyway. :pant:

sabresfan18
01-08-2003, 04:27 PM
haha i met timmy and hecht...timmy was soo nice and hott too! he kept looking at me and kept talking..even tho i was soo nervous...haha hecht was kinda weird...he's really shy..and had no personality...timmy was the nicest and thanked me for being his biggest fan because i know him personally thro. my brother who played lacrosse with him

BironsGirl43
01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Girl, what are you talking about? I liked Hecht the most.. perhaps I'll change my name to something like HechtsGirl.. hehe.. no I'm j/k.. I really really liked him.. he talked to me and wasn't weird at all.. he's so cute.. when he took the lead in the foosball game.. he was like "2-0... " *but said in this sexy teasing kind of way* No personality? You're crazy.. I'm really glad to have met him.. he's def a fave! ;)

And of course Tim is cool.. that goes without saying.. :)
I thought Tim liked talking to the kids more than to like the older people.. aww well.. he was still sweet as hell!

sabresfan18
01-08-2003, 05:40 PM
yah..tim was soo nice...and the reputation he gets is that he's a jerk and thinks he's the best..tim is by no means that way at all...hecht just didn't seem that nice...maybe he's just a little shy..i sadly lost 3-0 lol...i overall had an awesome time tho..glad to see you did too! GO SABRES!!!!!

The_Philster
01-08-2003, 06:12 PM

I'm the same way with players and such. I don't mind getting autographs, but I don't make a big deal out of it...it's so much coller to talk with them. For example, the morning of the Bill-Miami game, I was taking stuff out to the car from Jaded's hotel room and followed Big Mike Williams out to his humvee. He was telling me he's never played in that kind of weather before but hoped it would slow down the Dolphins pass rush.

Get that scanner already :D

A current Jill or a former Jill? I know Jay McKee's wife Nicole used to be on the squad...pretty sweet gal as well.

BironsGirl43
01-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Hehehe!! :)

Umm.. I think she's a current one.. otherwise why would she have been there? lol.. I don't think it was Nichole because you showed me her pic.. this girl was in a jumpsuit that said Buffalo Bills on it.. she handed me a poster.. she had long blonde straight hair

Twistmyarm
01-09-2003, 06:22 AM
I know her, she actually used to date Mr. cool himself "Rhett"...if there is one guy that I wish we would get rid of it's that pompous tool.

I mean c'mon Rhett? what the hell kind of hockey name is Rhett? he should be singing about his dead dog and lost pickup truck and spitting "chaw" on the front porch.

Sabre Ally
01-09-2003, 09:56 AM
It's a better hockey name than "Timmy"

Don Cherry
01-09-2003, 11:27 AM
You ain't kidding

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdSTSOP0017.jpg

This one is tougher on the Ice than Connolly!

BironsGirl43
01-09-2003, 02:58 PM
I love TIMMY.. that's such a cute name! You guys.. *shakes head*

Rhett is a cool name.. keepthesabesinbuffalo.. I like it.. and he's a nice guy.. ok? Rhett isn't a dorky name...

Twistmyarm
01-09-2003, 03:16 PM
and he's a nice guy

now that's funny!! apparently you don't make it down to Chippewa St. many nights after a home game, when he hits on every one and anyone he feels the need to because he's "Mr. cool"

and yes I do know first hand because he tried to get my fiancee' to go home with him on two different nights, and when she told him that she had a fiancee' he replies with "do you know who I am?"

the guy's a tool!!

yes I am speaking from personal experience and that does make me biased, and yes maybe a little jealous of him being a Sabre, but in my opinion the guy is still a tool who would probably be flipping burgers if he couldn't play hockey!

and I'm not the only I know with a "Rhett encounter" all you have to have is a good looking wife/girlfriend/fiancee' and spend a few nights down on Chippewa and you too could have your own "Rhett moment":sukrpnch:

BironsGirl43
01-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

now that's funny!! apparently you don't make it down to Chippewa St. many nights after a home game, when he hits on every one and anyone he feels the need to because he's "Mr. cool"

and yes I do know first hand because he tried to get my fiancee' to go home with him on two different nights, and when she told him that she had a fiancee' he replies with "do you know who I am?"

the guy's a tool!!

yes I am speaking from personal experience and that does make me biased, and yes maybe a little jealous of him being a Sabre, but in my opinion the guy is still a tool who would probably be flipping burgers if he couldn't play hockey!

and I'm not the only I know with a "Rhett encounter" all you have to have is a good looking wife/girlfriend/fiancee' and spend a few nights down on Chippewa and you too could have your own "Rhett moment":sukrpnch:

OK I've met him as well.. on many occasions.. I thought he was funny and sweet! yeah.. he's a flirt.... so what? lol...... "Mr Cool".. I hadn't heard that reference to him before.. lol

He tried to get with your fiancee?... ahaha ouch.... he's a hockey player.. they're like that sometimes! lol

LOL.. I think everyone has had a Rhett moment.. but I liked it.. and I can understand why you wouldn't.. lol!! ;)

He's got a really nice smile too.. :)

Sabre Ally
01-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Sounds like someone's a bit jealous just because someone hit on his woman. :rolleyes:

Twistmyarm
01-09-2003, 06:44 PM
ya that's it.........:rolleyes:

BironsGirl43
01-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Sounds like someone's a bit jealous just because someone hit on his woman. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo
ya that's it.........:rolleyes:

I think I'll join in the fun..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:tongue:

The_Philster
01-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Hehehe!! :)

Umm.. I think she's a current one.. otherwise why would she have been there? lol.. I don't think it was Nichole because you showed me her pic.. this girl was in a jumpsuit that said Buffalo Bills on it.. she handed me a poster.. she had long blonde straight hair

If you get a chance, here's the webpage with every Jill that made the squad this year. link (http://www.buffalobillsradionetwork.com/jills.html) You've got me curious as to who she is now. :chuckle:

BironsGirl43
01-11-2003, 09:21 PM
I dunno Phil.. some of the girls slightly look like her.. but no one looks exactly as this girl did.. long blonde straight/flat hair