PDA

View Full Version : Freeney to be kept out of Bills/Colts game

mysticsoto
08-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Indy hurting: The Bills will be meeting a banged-up Indianapolis team. A total of 16 Colts missed last weekend's 27-21 loss to Atlanta in Tokyo due to injuries, including eight starters.

Among them were three of the team's four starting defensive linemen: star pass rusher Dwight Freeney (shoulder), tackle Montae Reagor (groin) and end Raheem Brock (hip flexor). Freeney, the former Syracuse star who had a club-record 16 sacks last year, is on the Colts' PUP list.

The Bills were hoping to get a good look at new left tackle Mike Gandy against Freeney a week after he worked against Packers' star Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. They will have to do their grading accordingly.

Is Losman disappointed he won't be facing Freeney?

"No," he said with a laugh. "We have the same agent actually, and I already gave him a heads up to take it easy on me if he was to play."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050812/SPORTS03/508120382/1007/SPORTS

Darn...we won't get to see Gandy face a top DE and evaluate him accordingly...oh well. I still feel he is doing well.

casdhf
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
He can deal with speed ends, I'm worried about the power guys, much like we'll see in the first 4 or 5 games of the season

Jan Reimers
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, there goes the Gandy-Freeney match up, which so many saw as the key to Gandy's future.