PDA

View Full Version : Losman is scaring the **** out of me....

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I just watched the first half on TiVo and I'm about to go watch the rest of it. Look, I don't expect Losman to come in and look like Brady, but he made some bonehead plays. He threw to Moulds on the sideline when he was completely covered, then he threw to Evans when he was triple covered- both balls were tipped. Tips lead to interceptions and interceptions lead to losses.

Beyond that, there were two plays where he ran around like a drunk Michael Vick- the flip to Gates that somehow worked for a small gain and the huge loss on second and goal. I'm very disappointed that he still hasn't learned when to give up on a busted play- I had more faith in Wyche than that.

I don't think it's time to give up on the kid so early, but I don't like what I'm seeing. And I don't want to hear the "Bears have a good defense" excuse again because these were bad DECISIONS by Losman- the D had nothing to do with it. Wyche has two weeks to knock some sense into him.

Losman and Lindell are good for 4 losses between the two of them.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I just watched the first half on TiVo and I'm about to go watch the rest of it. Look, I don't expect Losman to come in and look like Brady, but he made some bonehead plays. He threw to Moulds on the sideline when he was completely covered, then he threw to Evans when he was triple covered- both balls were tipped. Tips lead to interceptions and interceptions lead to losses.

Beyond that, there were two plays where he ran around like a drunk Michael Vick- the flip to Gates that somehow worked for a small gain and the huge loss on second and goal. I'm very disappointed that he still hasn't learned when to give up on a busted play- I had more faith in Wyche than that.

I don't think it's time to give up on the kid so early, but I don't like what I'm seeing. And I don't want to hear the "Bears have a good defense" excuse again because these were bad DECISIONS by Losman- the D had nothing to do with it. Wyche has two weeks to knock some sense into him.

I knew this would happen one bad game and people are already bashing him I'm :sick: of you guys he's a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and last night he made a few mistakes but he'll learn from them. You watch next game against the Lions Losman will probably run for two td's and throw for one. :bf1:

Novacane
08-27-2005, 04:52 PM
how many Losman bashing threads are you gonna start? We got the point from your rant last night!!!

jmb1099
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
how many Losman bashing threads are you gonna start? We got the point from your rant last night!!!

Yeah it does seem tedious.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-27-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm actually OK with the Moulds throw on the side line that got tipped. This is so much of a Moulds signature play we saw it plenty of time in the last three years between Bledsoe and Moulds. It's not into triple coverage. Both the safety and another guy who tempted to catch the tipped ball were just coming over as the play developed. The problem was the touch of the throw. It should be a little higher. Maybe that's why in Moulds' interview later he said the comfort zone between him and Losman "is getting better but still needs improvement."

The very next play was a bad play. I honestly believe that Losman did not see Urlach underneath because otherwise he would have to wait a bit longer or lob it over Urlach's head instead of darting it there.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:16 PM

ummm... I think you're confusing me with someone else- I posted some negative stuff last night but nothing about Losman in particular. It was more about mistakes and the O-line:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=78861
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=78843

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm actually OK with the Moulds throw on the side line that got tipped. This is so much of a Moulds signature play we saw it plenty of time in the last three years between Bledsoe and Moulds. It's not into triple coverage. Both the safety and another guy who tempted to catch the tipped ball were just coming over as the play developed. The problem was the touch of the throw. It should be a little higher. Maybe that's why in Moulds' interview later he said the comfort zone between him and Losman "is getting better but still needs improvement."

The very next play was a bad play. I honestly believe that Losman did not see Urlach underneath because otherwise he would have to wait a bit longer or lob it over Urlach's head instead of darting it there.

maybe I was unclear- I saw that Moulds was single covered. It was the one to Evans where there was triple coverage (or at least 2 men on him and Urlacher in zone coming over to make the play).

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I knew this would happen one bad game and people are already bashing him I'm :sick: of you guys he's a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and last night he made a few mistakes but he'll learn from them. You watch next game against the Lions Losman will probably run for two td's and throw for one. :bf1:

I don't expect him to be perfect, but I do expect him not to make bad plays that could cost us games. Taking us back 20 yards on a 2nd and Goal from the 2 could very well cost us a game.

jonah7777
08-27-2005, 05:22 PM
TD has a message for the losman bashers..... save the postage
cas no matter how much you whine holcomb will never be the starter here.

if losman upsets you that much bledsoe is on the ranchreport.com

the team made its decision .Losman is the starter and TD and MM

will not change that.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:36 PM

will not change that.

I don't want him to change it. I want Losman to learn when a play is dead before he costs us a game.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 07:07 PM

Your right, if only we had Kyle Orton or Chad Hutchinson.

Why am I picturing a giant poster of Drew on your wall? Ill leave out what its covered with.

As far as losses caused by players, 2 losses from LOsman would be about 5 less than Drew last year.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't expect him to be perfect, but I do expect him not to make bad plays that could cost us games. Taking us back 20 yards on a 2nd and Goal from the 2 could very well cost us a game.
hmmmm, what about the o-line penalties, could those have cost us the game? How about our missed extra point, could that have cost the game? How about our blown D against the Bears TD run, could that have been the game?

Will you just STFU already?

If you hate the Bills so much, go watch Drew Bledspew and the Cowgirls.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 07:11 PM
maybe I was unclear- I saw that Moulds was single covered. It was the one to Evans where there was triple coverage (or at least 2 men on him and Urlacher in zone coming over to make the play).
BTW, last year I can count of at least a half dozen times that Drew threw into triple coverage and was intercepted. How many times has JP been intercepted so far? thats what I thought.

AndreReed83
08-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't want him to change it. I want Losman to learn when a play is dead before he costs us a game.

Learning is what he is doing right now. The more game experience he gets, the better he will be. The NFL is such a different beast then college, NFL game experience is really the only way for a young player to become more efficient.

I think that Losman makes fewer mistakes then other young guys like E. Manning, Rivers, Smith, and Rodgers. He's well beyond those guys already. I also think he'd be right on par with Big Ben if the Bills had the Steelers O-line.

Part of the reason Losman is having to run around like a drunken Mike Vick is because our blocking is not great. You know, I'd rather have Losman scramble away from pressure and make a one yard gain on a shovel pass on 3rd and long or throw a tipped pass, then the QB who stands there and takes the "safe" play sack for -7 yards. Scrambling is going to be a great part of his game. The coaching staff would be ignorant to take it away. Just wait until Losman is consistently scrambling and making great passes.

Last thing, we have it great with Losman as our QB. I'm not trying to be a homer, but he's going to develop into something special. Especially with how good the team is overall, he is going to experience more success then most QB's do at his age, and that is just going to make him that much better. Bills fans, we have it good, we have it good indeed.

chernobylwraiths
08-27-2005, 07:18 PM
LOL at this thread.

Didn't Tom Brady who some think is the smartest QB since Joe Montana throw a ball behind him last year without looking during the Dolphin's game and got intercepted? Bad play and stupid decisions happen. If I had a nickel for every time Jim Kelly threw into double and triple coverage, I would be able to buy Jim's old house.

Tatonka
08-27-2005, 08:28 PM

worst part is... he didnt have a bad game.. he had an average game.. he didnt throw any picks.. he didnt fumble the ball.. he was 50% on his passes.. that is better qb play than buffalo has seen in 5 years or so.

it is not just the threads, but the constant posts in other threads.. he is starting to turn into wys... shame too, because i usually enjoy ops posts.. but it is starting to get old.

peyton manning threw 10 picks last season.. 4 in the redzone..

he has also been sacked 9 times so far in the preseason.. in 4 quarters of play...

i am surprised the colts didnt cut him. those kind of mistakes cant happen.

will not change that.

:up:

:goodpost:

i bet he will get the point next time he is reading this message board.

:crap:

Typ0
08-27-2005, 10:45 PM

I am only going to say this one more time to you...you are way off base and panicing about something that isn't even there. The throw to Moulds is a throw he has to make...because those are the plays Moulds makes and we need to see that he has the confidence to throw it...not ***** about him throwing it. How the heck can you be griping that JP knows when to get out of the pocket and has the ability to do it...I was so ecstatic last night to see when he was moving around he constantly kept his eyes down field and got the ball to open receivers on more than one occassion. If anything we should be happy he can move outside and get a couple yards instead of taking a loss or throwing the ball away. But you don't see that apparently you want Bleedso back. The kid has some growth to go but all and all it's very clear he really understands this offense and that's something you don't get from a rookie...which is why he's not a rookie.

L.A. Playa
08-27-2005, 10:58 PM
:bf1: so you are predicting a 12-4 record glad to see your optimism :bf1:

OpIv37
08-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I am only going to say this one more time to you...you are way off base and panicing about something that isn't even there. The throw to Moulds is a throw he has to make...because those are the plays Moulds makes and we need to see that he has the confidence to throw it...not ***** about him throwing it. How the heck can you be griping that JP knows when to get out of the pocket and has the ability to do it...

umm, the ball he threw to Moulds got TIPPED. Tipped balls=turnovers and turnovers=losses. Also did you see the play where he lost 20 yards "getting out of the pocket"? He needs to know when to give up on a play. It's just like the one against GB that would have gone for a safety if not for a defensive penalty. He didn't learn his lesson and that's what scares me.

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:05 AM
he's young and will make mistakes, hell even Favre makes mistakes, and Brady, and everyother QB in the league he will be fine our worry should be on the OL cause I don't think even the great McNally can help what we have for an OL

im4bflo
08-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I was glad to see our QB put one up to Moulds, and let him fight for it, he doesn't have to be wide open, I want my #1 WR using his skills to either come up with the catch, or get a pass interference.
So when JP has a great game, you won't be jumping on the bandwagon?

sba
08-28-2005, 03:39 AM
peyton manning threw 10 picks last season.. 4 in the redzone..

he has also been sacked 9 times so far in the preseason.. in 4 quarters of play...

i am surprised the colts didnt cut him. those kind of mistakes cant happen.

LOL at this thread.

Didn't Tom Brady who some think is the smartest QB since Joe Montana throw a ball behind him last year without looking during the Dolphin's game and got intercepted? Bad play and stupid decisions happen. If I had a nickel for every time Jim Kelly threw into double and triple coverage, I would be able to buy Jim's old house.
You know, except for the fact that Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings and Manning has a bajillion pro bowls and the single season record for TDs, you make very good points about how they've made mistakes at times in their careers. Surely this means we shouldn't be concerned about someone who has yet to prove anything to anybody in his NFL career yet, you know, because Manning isn't having a good preseason and Brady made one dumb throw once. See what I did there?

Typ0
08-28-2005, 04:58 AM
umm, the ball he threw to Moulds got TIPPED. Tipped balls=turnovers and turnovers=losses. Also did you see the play where he lost 20 yards "getting out of the pocket"? He needs to know when to give up on a play. It's just like the one against GB that would have gone for a safety if not for a defensive penalty. He didn't learn his lesson and that's what scares me.

the big loss was due to a missed snap not rolling out :rolleyes:

Michael82
08-28-2005, 10:20 AM

He's a ROOKIE! Well....2nd year player. What do you expect? He's not going to be a pro bowler or even close to a pro bowler this year. He's learning on the job each game. This is only his 3rd freaking game in his career and it's not even a regular season game. What did you expect with a rookie QB that has never seen full time game action?

You don't expect him to be perfect but you EXPECT him to not make bad plays? Are you nuts? How can you expect that out of a "rookie" QB with no experience? :scratch:

Frankly, I've been impressed with his progress and can't wait until they show his deep ball in week one. :up: He looks much better than Eli Manning did last year and Carson Palmer did in his rookie year IMO. Plus, he's even doing better than Big Ben is doing right now. :snicker:

dannyek71
08-28-2005, 10:34 AM
He doesnt throw picks. That is the most important thing a QB can do in my books. Let the defense, st and running game carry the team this year. JP's job is to not loose games this year.

HHURRICANE
08-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Does anybody actually watch the games?? I've watched the game twice now with replays. Losman made some mistakes but all in all did not plat that badly. The team played badly. The McGahee fumble, tons of missed blocks.

Losman had the blown handoff that cost us 20 yards, it might have only been 10 yards but he is so damn fast that he tried to scramble out of trouble. The deflected pass was a great play by Urlacher. Other than that he played a decent game against a very good defense. Does McGahee suck as well for getting nailed in the backfield a bunch of times?

Everybody needs to chill. Losman looks very good. He will do a good job for us this year.

HHURRICANE
08-28-2005, 11:10 AM
He's a ROOKIE! Well....2nd year player. What do you expect? He's not going to be a pro bowler or even close to a pro bowler this year. He's learning on the job each game. This is only his 3rd freaking game in his career and it's not even a regular season game. What did you expect with a rookie QB that has never seen full time game action?

You don't expect him to be perfect but you EXPECT him to not make bad plays? Are you nuts? How can you expect that out of a "rookie" QB with no experience? :scratch:

Frankly, I've been impressed with his progress and can't wait until they show his deep ball in week one. :up: He looks much better than Eli Manning did last year and Carson Palmer did in his rookie year IMO. Plus, he's even doing better than Big Ben is doing right now. :snicker:
Agree 100%!!

OpIv37
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM

I don't expect him to completely avoid bad plays. I do expect him to be able to avoid plays that will lose games, and IMO he made several plays that easily would have cost us the game against any quality opponent.

He doesnt throw picks. That is the most important thing a QB can do in my books. Let the defense, st and running game carry the team this year. JP's job is to not loose games this year.

He had several balls tipped. If he keeps that up, it's only a matter of time before he starts getting picked.

Look, I'm not like that other moron who thinks we should give up on him and start Holcomb. I just don't think we're going to be competitive this season. People have been saying all along that we just need him to not lose games, and I see two problems with that. First, our running game is not reliable against good D's because of the O-line, so he may have to do more than just not lose. At this point, that maybe asking too much. Second, as I already stated, IMO he made several plays in preseason that could have cost us the game, and doesn't seem to have learned anything from them. Once again I'm not calling for his head- I'm just saying I don't see us doing anything this year. At best we'll be the same as last year.

Throne Logic
08-28-2005, 03:02 PM
:bf1: so you are predicting a 12-4 record glad to see your optimism :bf1:

nice

OpIv37
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
hmmmm, what about the o-line penalties, could those have cost us the game? How about our missed extra point, could that have cost the game? How about our blown D against the Bears TD run, could that have been the game?

Will you just STFU already?

If you hate the Bills so much, go watch Drew Bledspew and the Cowgirls.

First of all, I criticized the whole team last night as well as Losman so you don't know what you're talking about. Second, just cuz I criticize my team doesn't mean I hate them. Liking a team doesn't mean standing by every player even when they mess up

worst part is... he didnt have a bad game.. he had an average game.. he didnt throw any picks.. he didnt fumble the ball.. he was 50% on his passes.. that is better qb play than buffalo has seen in 5 years or so.

it is not just the threads, but the constant posts in other threads.. he is starting to turn into wys... shame too, because i usually enjoy ops posts.. but it is starting to get old.

for the last ****ing time, I made one post criticizing a bunch of aspects of the game, Losman included, and one thread criticizing Losman directly (this one). The rest of it was just defending the original point and trying to explain to people that he made mistakes that could COST US THE GAME. Again I'm not saying the loss was entirely his fault- I'm just saying he did some really STUPID things that would kill us against NE or any good team. I doubt any of you would be so forgiving if Bledsoe lost 20 yards on 2nd and Goal from the two- it's hypocrisy.

Post Edited by Mikey82: Please attack the post, not the poster

The Natrix
08-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I have actually been very pleased with Losman's play. He's under a tremendous amount of pressure to do well, so I'm going to blame nerves as well as inexperience on his mistakes. Once he gets some games under his belt I think he will start to improve. I'm going to find it very hard to bash him this year as long as there is somewhat of a gradual improvement in his play over the course of the season, even if his play by the end of the season is far from spectacular.

You don't need a great QB to win, as proved by Trent Dilfer and reinforced by choke boy Peyton. I will be fine with Losman as long as he shows good progress and strikes me as a winner.

I'm really not sure what games the bashers have been watching but I think Losman's play has been more than satisfactory considering he has never even played a freakin' regular season game. Give the guy a break and show some support you crybabies. Some of these posts are going to look really foolish in a couple of years.