PDA

View Full Version : The Bills will turn it around..

Tatonka
10-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I, like most everyone here yesterday, felt frustrated beyond belief.. after watching the bills march down the field and score, i was sure we would win.. then after watching mcgee trip at the 2 yard line right before the half.. i just had this awful feeling in my gut.. i knew it was over..

that being said.. i am over it.. and it is only 4 games into the season.. i want to point out a few things.. i am trying to be optimistic, because honestly, it really is draining to be filled up with such anger towards the state of the team, and that is how i have felt for about 3 weeks now..

i think there is still the possibility of the guys turning things around.. i know it does not feel like it at all.. but i really think it could happen.. lets take a look at some factors i think that help us..

1. at this point, we have won our only afc game.. we lost 3 games to three nfc teams.. that is a good thing.. we still have ALL of our game left against division foes, and all 3 of them look beatable to me..

2. mike williams will be back.. i know the interior of the line is not playing great, but getting big mike back will help.. on top of that, the line started off slow last year as well. remember travis henry on the goal line against the raiders? the line gelled and got their **** together after the first four games.. i have given mcnally some heat but honestly, he is a good coach.. once mike is back, i think we can pull the line together and play better.. we will play better and this is our main problem.

3. jp is only going to get better.. this has been stated ad nauseum (spelling?)but no body looks great to start off their careers except maybe brady and big ben.. palmer looked great by years end last year.. manning is looking great now, which is the equivelent of his mid season, since he didnt start till the middle of last season..

4. the defense will get it together.. this is a good unit.. they have been put in some tough spots.. but they will get it right.. crowell played excellent i thought in place of TKO. kelsay and schobel played well yesterday i thought. anderson was getting some pressure.. we just are not getting the turnovers right now, but we are still a +3 in the turnover catagory.. all is not lost.. dont lose faith in our guys.. the D can still bring it. i know they can.

5. roscoe parrish could be a nice spark when he comes in.. i cant wait to see him play.. i am hoping he helps on special teams and in the slot, although reed has been earning his paychecks this season.

6. wr talent - we have it.. it has not translated this season, but evans, moulds, reed is a strong trio.. they will improve.. they cant get worse as a whole right now. i was mad at moulds, but honestly, i cant blame him.. his time is running out.. he is obviously feeling like his career is coming to a close and he wont get that ring.. i can imagine that it feels pretty bad.. but he is still a good receiver (not a top wr by any means, but a leader and a good vet).

7. special teams.. the special teams is playing well, and almost had the game winning momentum play w/ mcgees return, which happened to be one of the best i have ever seen right up until he tripped.. they will come.. lindell missed a kick yesterday.. oh well.. he has played well all season.. kickers are going to miss kicks.. to blame him for the loss yesterday is just ridiculous.. people are pissed and looking for a scapegoat, which i understand.. but lindell is not the reason.

8. coaching cant get worse.. they did a good just last season.. they are not just total **** now.. they will get it right.. i think they were doing too much.. overthining things.. but i still have faith in the coaching staff.

9. willis has played well and will continue.. we just need to lean on him.. they will feed him the ball even more, starting this week.

10. the bills will improve because i said so.. it starts with miami this week.. we will still finish 10-6.. i still have faith.. it is easy to be a cynic.. i know because i have been one for years.. but i said to myself this year that i would be different.. and i am not going to let a few stupid losses against some very good teams and the saints kill my mood and excitement about the team.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 11:29 PM
the only place they can go is up...

Italian Stallion
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
NICE POST MAN.........very refreshing read. Here's to beating Miami sunday, and starting up something big!!

frank74
10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
the biggest problem is that the players don't seem to believe in themselves. you can see it. they're not confident at all. i think that's a huge problem. and, to me that's a coaching issue. you have to make your team believe in you as the coach and themselves as players and i don't that's happening.

Tatonka
10-03-2005, 11:39 PM
ok..

11. the coaches and players will have a new found confidence in themselves after just a little success, like the feel of beating arch rival miami into the ground and knocking them from their perch.

frank74
10-03-2005, 11:45 PM
this week is going to be crazy if you ask me. we haven't stopped the run yet and we are facing miami. i don't know man. i realize optimism is better than cynicism, but i really don't know if this organization is capable of winning. that's just my opinion, but i feel strongly about it.

Tatonka
10-03-2005, 11:47 PM
to each their own.. i understand how easy it is to be pissed off and mad right now.. to be cynical is a natural reaction after watching what we have watched the last 3 weeks.. but you will feel better soon. :up:

10-6!

SeatownBillsFan21
10-03-2005, 11:47 PM
I agree last year we were 0-4 then came mimai and we won then lost 2 the pats we will turn it around this sunday aginst the fish GO BILLS

frank74
10-03-2005, 11:49 PM
to each their own.. i understand how easy it is to be pissed off and mad right now.. to be cynical is a natural reaction after watching what we have watched the last 3 weeks.. but you will feel better soon. :up:

10-6!
i hope you're right!

JD
10-04-2005, 12:01 AM
1 win to a crap team
2 losses to the top two teams in the NFC
1 loss to a mediocre team during a fixed game by the nfl

we should bounce back IMO

ParanoidAndroid
10-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Funny you should say "fixed," because it seemed that the refs were really laying off on the NO offensive line. Usually when you see someone grab a jersey, the back judge or the umpire throw a flag. It was so obvious and it was a long third down conversion. Again, when you see a defensive linemans shoulder jerk backwards and get turned around while casing a QB, someone throwas a flag....another blatant hold overlooked. Garbage.

Nublar7
10-04-2005, 12:39 AM
1 win to a crap team
2 losses to the top two teams in the NFC
1 loss to a mediocre team during a fixed game by the nfl

we should bounce back IMOFixed? Sure......

Tinboy
10-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah we will get more wins this year. I think the rivalry to fins will spark the player to a win.

Luisito23
10-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah we will get more wins this year. I think the rivalry to fins will spark the player to a win.

I hope you're right doggy, cause it will crush my heart if we lose to the pathetic fish, and at home of all places...

GO BILLS!!!!!

Jan Reimers
10-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Great post, T. We need something positive at this point, and you've given us a number of good things to think about going forward.

mybills
10-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Nice thread, Tatonka! :bf1:
I choose to be optomistic as well. I just want JP's facial expressions to change. I don't think it's good for the team to see his mad puss on the jumbotron, or when they're standing right next to him. I wish he'd relax a little, and force a smile if he has to. I mean, just have fun with it..then the players will relax & concentrate more in return.

justasportsfan
10-04-2005, 07:42 AM
the only way we turn this around is if we win this game. This is the most important game for us IMO opinion.

Tatonka
10-04-2005, 08:09 AM
he smiled after tossing a td to jason peters. :snicker:

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-04-2005, 08:50 AM
That's nice and hopefull and all but have you taken a look at our schedule the rest of the way? We are wrapping up our last two against the fins and jets that were games we should definitely win. When I looked at the schedule before the season I thought we would have to go 5-2 or 6-1 in the first 7 weeks to make the playoffs because the rest of our schedule is just nasty. You can't honestly think the Patriots are gonna suck all year like they did against the Chargers. I enjoyed your thoughts and was very optimistic after reading it, and then I remember what a ***** of a schedule we have.

FReich1393
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM
That's nice and hopefull and all but have you taken a look at our schedule the rest of the way? We are wrapping up our last two against the fins and jets that were games we should definitely win. When I looked at the schedule before the season I thought we would have to go 5-2 or 6-1 in the first 7 weeks to make the playoffs because the rest of our schedule is just nasty. You can't honestly think the Patriots are gonna suck all year like they did against the Chargers. I enjoyed your thoughts and was very optimistic after reading it, and then I remember what a ***** of a schedule we have.

I am cautiosly optimistic, the Dolphins are not also-rans anymore with Nick Saban in town, they have beaten two very solid teams and the Jets, while they are struggling with a terrible quarterback situation, still have a strong running game (which we have yet to stop this season) and a tough defense. JP has to step it up and we gotta stop the run or we're gonna here Mularkey saying, "Playoffs?!" by season's end.

FReich1393
10-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I agree last year we were 0-4 then came mimai and we won then lost 2 the pats we will turn it around this sunday aginst the fish GO BILLS

yeah, those 2004 Dolphins also lacked:

1. a head coach/coaching staff
2. a running back
3. an offensive line
4. a quarterback
5. a run defense

The Dolphins have fixed the majority of their problems through most of the offseason. You know things are getting bad when fans refer to what happened last season.

Lets get something straight when comparing this season to last season. Yes, we started 0-4, but lost the first two by last second scores and still played solid defense. This year, we have been dominated in all three losses. We have allowed everyone to establish the run, even ***** teams like New Orleans. I think a lot of people are setting up themselves up for a big dissapointment if they think the Dolphins are going to be a cake walk, especially with JP playing the way he has been playing.

The last buffalo fan
10-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Great post Mr Bufalo, I do Billieve. We are not that bad, but hell yeah, we need back our vocal veteran leaders, stop *****ing at JP and support our team. The division looks good, not too strong and it is one game away only, let's go get the phins @$$E$.

Meathead
10-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Five frikken Bills around McGee and one gd defender beats them all to trip him up. Everybody standing around watching getting ready to celebrate instead of making a gd block.

MDFINFAN
10-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Tatonka, couldn't you have waited until after this game to start this positive carma stuff...Hey we need this win as much as you guys...Let's get back to the bills suck type posts...we want the energy in the Ralph to be way down... :down:

ShadowHawk7
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I just hope the defense regains it's fire, swagger, and overall entusiasism (sp?) now that they're at home again. They really failed to show this coming out in the Atlanta game for some reason, and I think that was a big reason towards their breakdown. Other than that, great post T.

ScottLawrence
10-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Five frikken Bills around McGee and one gd defender beats them all to trip him up. Everybody standing around watching getting ready to celebrate instead of making a gd block.

Actually the defender was already blocked when he tripped McGee.

McGee should've flipped the ball back behind him.

Dozerdog
10-04-2005, 08:47 PM
ok..

11. the coaches and players will have a new found confidence in themselves after just a little success, like the feel of beating arch rival miami into the ground and knocking them from their perch.
12- (or whatever number we are on now)

The Bills have kept offensive turnovers- usually the bain of young QBs- to a minimum- sacks too.

This team does some stuff on offense well- just not a lot of it. That's got to change.

FinFan 61
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
The comparison from a year ago is admirable but this ain't the same 4-12 Fins. With that being said this is still the a great divisional rivalry. GOOD FOOTBALL!

Meathead
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Actually the defender was already blocked when he tripped McGee.

I know you mean well but you're saying one, ONE defender was so superman-like that he knifed through at least four blockers to "tackle" McGee. It was BLOWN blocking by four other celebrating blockers that likely cost the Bills the game. Jackasses.

McGee should've flipped the ball back behind him.
Twenty yards before being "tackled" I was standing and screaming at the TV "Dude, you look tired as hell ... For the love of GOD, PLEASE lateral it to one of the FOUR HUNDRED guys around you that haven't already made seventy-five jukes and let us score a ******* TOUCHDOWN to get back into this game!"

Stupid mother****** didn't listen. Another stupid jackass that listened too much to how awsome he and the Bills were going to be this season.

Meathead
10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
The Bills have kept offensive turnovers- usually the bain of young QBs- to a minimum
I can just hear Sam Wyche's voice ringing in JP's ears for months: "With our D and ST all you have to do is avoid TO's and you'll be doing your job."

Prudent advice if you believed, as I did, that the D was an elite group.

Now that we know for certain that's just not true, avoiding TO's is just not good enough.

Frankly, at this point I'd rather see JP do his thing and potentially throw four INT's than the painful 75 yards passing exhibit we've seen thus far.

I could throw for 75 yards standing on your impressive (and might I say sexy) beer gut for four quarters.

lmao

Tatonka
10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
instead of harping on how bad it sucked to watch mcgee trip..

lets focus on the fact that he made some of the most ridiculous and incredible moves i have ever seen just to get to the 2. i wish that there was a few minutes left when that happened.. or right after halftime or whatever.. but there wasnt.. it was still an incredible effort and great display of mcgees talent to do what he did.

:up:

DraftBoy
10-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I, like most everyone here yesterday, felt frustrated beyond belief.. after watching the bills march down the field and score, i was sure we would win.. then after watching mcgee trip at the 2 yard line right before the half.. i just had this awful feeling in my gut.. i knew it was over..

that being said.. i am over it.. and it is only 4 games into the season.. i want to point out a few things.. i am trying to be optimistic, because honestly, it really is draining to be filled up with such anger towards the state of the team, and that is how i have felt for about 3 weeks now..

i think there is still the possibility of the guys turning things around.. i know it does not feel like it at all.. but i really think it could happen.. lets take a look at some factors i think that help us..

1. at this point, we have won our only afc game.. we lost 3 games to three nfc teams.. that is a good thing.. we still have ALL of our game left against division foes, and all 3 of them look beatable to me..

2. mike williams will be back.. i know the interior of the line is not playing great, but getting big mike back will help.. on top of that, the line started off slow last year as well. remember travis henry on the goal line against the raiders? the line gelled and got their **** together after the first four games.. i have given mcnally some heat but honestly, he is a good coach.. once mike is back, i think we can pull the line together and play better.. we will play better and this is our main problem.

3. jp is only going to get better.. this has been stated ad nauseum (spelling?)but no body looks great to start off their careers except maybe brady and big ben.. palmer looked great by years end last year.. manning is looking great now, which is the equivelent of his mid season, since he didnt start till the middle of last season..

4. the defense will get it together.. this is a good unit.. they have been put in some tough spots.. but they will get it right.. crowell played excellent i thought in place of TKO. kelsay and schobel played well yesterday i thought. anderson was getting some pressure.. we just are not getting the turnovers right now, but we are still a +3 in the turnover catagory.. all is not lost.. dont lose faith in our guys.. the D can still bring it. i know they can.

5. roscoe parrish could be a nice spark when he comes in.. i cant wait to see him play.. i am hoping he helps on special teams and in the slot, although reed has been earning his paychecks this season.

6. wr talent - we have it.. it has not translated this season, but evans, moulds, reed is a strong trio.. they will improve.. they cant get worse as a whole right now. i was mad at moulds, but honestly, i cant blame him.. his time is running out.. he is obviously feeling like his career is coming to a close and he wont get that ring.. i can imagine that it feels pretty bad.. but he is still a good receiver (not a top wr by any means, but a leader and a good vet).

7. special teams.. the special teams is playing well, and almost had the game winning momentum play w/ mcgees return, which happened to be one of the best i have ever seen right up until he tripped.. they will come.. lindell missed a kick yesterday.. oh well.. he has played well all season.. kickers are going to miss kicks.. to blame him for the loss yesterday is just ridiculous.. people are pissed and looking for a scapegoat, which i understand.. but lindell is not the reason.

8. coaching cant get worse.. they did a good just last season.. they are not just total **** now.. they will get it right.. i think they were doing too much.. overthining things.. but i still have faith in the coaching staff.

9. willis has played well and will continue.. we just need to lean on him.. they will feed him the ball even more, starting this week.

10. the bills will improve because i said so.. it starts with miami this week.. we will still finish 10-6.. i still have faith.. it is easy to be a cynic.. i know because i have been one for years.. but i said to myself this year that i would be different.. and i am not going to let a few stupid losses against some very good teams and the saints kill my mood and excitement about the team.

You know its not fair to post only posistive things T, we need to post the negatives too, so here we go;

1. We lost to NO, nuff said!
2. Mike Williams isnt exactly what I would call a savior to our Oline issues, how about C, or G? He'll help but its not gonna turn the unit around.
3. JP is only gonna get better? Is that kinda like how he started out in week 1 amazing and has gotten progressively worse since? If thats the better you are talking about then, ill pass thanks.
4. The defense has as many holes as swiss cheese. Our safeties are old and aging, our DL doesnt have near the same presence as last year (hmm...maybe thats cause of our DT play and how amazing Edwards is?), we lost TKO for the season and McGee isnt exaclty playing pro bowl caliber CB either.
5. Roscoe will be a nice addition but he's still a rookie and WR's take 2-3 years to usually make an impact in the NFL.
6. Havent you bashed Reed in the past for having sub-par preformances but yet now you say he's part of a strong trio?
7. ST is good no arguments here
8. Coaches were new last year and they caught some people by surprise, its just not gonna happen this season.
9. Willis needs the ball 40 times a game, imo
10. The Bills will finish 6-10 bc I said so, and have been saying so since the offseason while everybody else has had crazy hopes of playoffs and 10-6 finishes, its not gonna happen.

Im sure Ill get blasted and people will say Im not a real fan and this and that, but to be honest I really dont care, every year you got the same people whining, the same people calling them not real fans, and the same people trying to put on rose colored glasses, this is getting way too perdictable.

Tatonka
10-05-2005, 09:03 AM
You know its not fair to post only posistive things T, we need to post the negatives too, so here we go;

2. Mike Williams isnt exactly what I would call a savior to our Oline issues, how about C, or G? He'll help but its not gonna turn the unit around.
3. JP is only gonna get better? Is that kinda like how he started out in week 1 amazing and has gotten progressively worse since? If thats the better you are talking about then, ill pass thanks.
4. The defense has as many holes as swiss cheese. Our safeties are old and aging, our DL doesnt have near the same presence as last year (hmm...maybe thats cause of our DT play and how amazing Edwards is?), we lost TKO for the season and McGee isnt exaclty playing pro bowl caliber CB either.
5. Roscoe will be a nice addition but he's still a rookie and WR's take 2-3 years to usually make an impact in the NFL.
6. Havent you bashed Reed in the past for having sub-par preformances but yet now you say he's part of a strong trio?
8. Coaches were new last year and they caught some people by surprise, its just not gonna happen this season.
10. The Bills will finish 6-10 bc I said so, and have been saying so since the offseason while everybody else has had crazy hopes of playoffs and 10-6 finishes, its not gonna happen.

Im sure Ill get blasted and people will say Im not a real fan and this and that, but to be honest I really dont care, every year you got the same people whining, the same people calling them not real fans, and the same people trying to put on rose colored glasses, this is getting way too perdictable.
you know what, DB.. there are about 10-15 other threads that you could have posted this **** in that already state the same exact thing you posted..

there was no need to **** on my thread.

MDFINFAN
10-05-2005, 12:04 PM
you know what, DB.. there are about 10-15 other threads that you could have posted this **** in that already state the same exact thing you posted..

Somebody had to, you were trying to change the momentum of the fans coming into this game. The Ralph is loud enough as it is, we didn't need additional fuel..Keep this up and I'm coming to Va, and I will pick Wys up on the way and we both will let you have it. :brush:

HotRod
10-05-2005, 12:07 PM
It's great to see a positive thread Tatonka! Thanks!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

DraftBoy
10-05-2005, 01:07 PM

:goodpost:
To be exact there is way more than 10-15 threads about things similar to this, and none of them state the exact same thing that I have said. As for crapping on your thread..Im sorry you take it so personally, but is not fair for someone to play the Devil's advocate? At what point should we all hold hands and sing campground songs? Be serious if you dont like the argument then say so, no need to take it as personal vendetta, just bc my opinion is different then yours. But hey thanks for the great rep comment! Keep'em coming!

HULKFish
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
To be exact there is way more than 10-15 threads about things similar to this, and none of them state the exact same thing that I have said. As for crapping on your thread..Im sorry you take it so personally, but is not fair for someone to play the Devil's advocate? At what point should we all hold hands and sing campground songs? Be serious if you dont like the argument then say so, no need to take it as personal vendetta, just bc my opinion is different then yours. But hey thanks for the great rep comment! Keep'em coming!
CAMP TOWN LADIES SING THERE SONG, DOO-DAH, DOO-DAH...
:bf1:

balls deep
10-05-2005, 01:24 PM

Im sure Ill get blasted and people will say Im not a real fan and this and that, but to be honest I really dont care, every year you got the same people whining, the same people calling them not real fans, and the same people trying to put on rose colored glasses, this is getting way too perdictable. I smell forfeit!

Tatonka
10-05-2005, 01:32 PM

you are not an idiot.. you can see the point of the thread.. it is to give people a little hope.. there are numerous other threads that are full of people like you that believe the season is over and we mine as well cancel our NFL ticket subscriptions because they already know for sure how this season is going to end.

you didnt have to play devils advocate on this thread.. your attitude is a dime a dozen and it sucks to constantly read the same piss poor attitude about things.. i am trying to look at the bright side.. you have to take the time to write out a long post to rain on the parade.. yeah.. i take it personal.. it is just annoying and unnecessary.. if people want to read about "reality" just click on one of almost all the other threads on here.. you will get plenty of exactly the same thing you just wasted your time writing.

NY_FinFan72
10-05-2005, 01:40 PM
http://images.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/Game_Sign.jpg

Historian
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM
12- (or whatever number we are on now)

The Bills have kept offensive turnovers- usually the bain of young QBs- to a minimum- sacks too.

This team does some stuff on offense well- just not a lot of it. That's got to change.

I just don't see it, and I'll tell you why. The speed of the pro game has JP's head spinning. It's affecting not just his throws, but his whole game.

I don't see the Bills winning again (save for maybe the Jets, who have the same problem) until the game begins to slow down for him.

If we're lucky, that may happen by December. Either way, I think this season's over.

DraftBoy
10-05-2005, 02:21 PM
you are not an idiot.. you can see the point of the thread.. it is to give people a little hope.. there are numerous other threads that are full of people like you that believe the season is over and we mine as well cancel our NFL ticket subscriptions because they already know for sure how this season is going to end.

you didnt have to play devils advocate on this thread.. your attitude is a dime a dozen and it sucks to constantly read the same piss poor attitude about things.. i am trying to look at the bright side.. you have to take the time to write out a long post to rain on the parade.. yeah.. i take it personal.. it is just annoying and unnecessary.. if people want to read about "reality" just click on one of almost all the other threads on here.. you will get plenty of exactly the same thing you just wasted your time writing.

I can see the point of your thread just as you see the point of my reply. Also I think the point of your thread was more to ruffle feathers and get into an argument than anything, and when that occurs you take it personally? Why exactly? What in our past would make you think that? What in my post says that? Also Ive seen nobody either calling for or saying they are gonna cancel their NFL ticket subscriptions.

I dont have to play devil's advocate on this thread? Why not? What makes this one so special? My attitude is not a dime a dozen and if youd like to know it id be happy to discuss it with you ad naseum (sp?). Im sorry you dont like reading threads criticizing the team but thats life, but however if you do go and read every opinion you will notice that most agree in generalizations (which btw is what your making now), but many have specific areas of need they think need to be fixed. If my post rains on your parade then there is something definetly wrong here. I dont see it as annoying or unneccessary, why will you not just counter my points with your own? I dont see the issue here or why it has been taken to this level. Lastly if I wasted my time writing it then why did you waste your time replying to it, and negging me for it, took you alot more time and energy to do that then it did for me to write it. :rockon:

MDFINFAN
10-05-2005, 04:29 PM

Damit, Tonk, that's it, I'm coming over..STOP IT.

Tatonka
10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
that is actually pretty funny.

:snicker:

Tatonka
10-09-2005, 04:59 PM
told you they would turn it around. :D

Kerr
10-09-2005, 05:12 PM
So far so good, tonk.