PDA

View Full Version : And reality sets in....

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 08:43 AM
I must admit that, despite the loss, this team surprised me. They showed more character and talent than I thought they had after the Saints and Raiders games. But they still came up short in a close game yet again. First, Tom Clements is a ****ING MORON. That pass on 3rd and 2 that Reed dropped, the Knute Rockne halfback option play, the fourth down call..... these were the big sins, there were plenty more. At least they made decent use of Willis and took a few shots down the field, but still not good enough.

Second, we're 3-5 overall, 2-2 in the AFC and 2-1 in the AFCE. It's conceivable that we could win out and still miss the playoffs. PUT LOSMAN IN. Nothing against Holcomb- he's been consistent, and despite his problems has been an improvement over Losman and Bledsoe. But this season is shot- let Losman play because he won't have the pressure of costing us a playoff chance. In addition, we have a bye so he has two weeks to practice with the first team and get back into it.

Third, NE will win this division. Despite some uncharacteristic mistakes, they found a way to win in the end, and that's what separates the good (NE) from the mediocre (Buffalo).

Pride
10-31-2005, 08:50 AM
You saw more than 1 shot down the field? I can honestly say I only remember seeing 1-2. Against one of the worst secondary's in the game!

I just dont get it. You have 2 elite WR's and you dont go pass happy against the safety?

They obviously threw the ball... but why only 5 yard patterns? The protection was decent... and their secondary sucks!

tampabay25690
10-31-2005, 08:53 AM
I must admit that, despite the loss, this team surprised me. They showed more character and talent than I thought they had after the Saints and Raiders games. But they still came up short in a close game yet again. First, Tom Clements is a ****ING MORON. That pass on 3rd and 2 that Reed dropped, the Knute Rockne halfback option play, the fourth down call..... these were the big sins, there were plenty more. At least they made decent use of Willis and took a few shots down the field, but still not good enough.
Second, we're 3-5 overall, 2-2 in the AFC and 2-1 in the AFCE. It's conceivable that we could win out and still miss the playoffs. PUT LOSMAN IN. Nothing against Holcomb- he's been consistent, and despite his problems has been an improvement over Losman and Bledsoe. But this season is shot- let Losman play because he won't have the pressure of costing us a playoff chance. In addition, we have a bye so he has two weeks to practice with the first team and get back into it.
Third, NE will win this division. Despite some uncharacteristic mistakes, they found a way to win in the end, and that's what separates the good (NE) from the mediocre (Buffalo).

I agree with your post......

MISTAKES, MISTAKES, MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!

Thats what lost this game. I give credit to the Bills and coaching staff they were ready to play. VEGAS MADE a killing last nite, and it was one of the easiest games to bet the spread ended up at 10-10.5 towards game time. The whole country was on NEW ENGLAND......I dont know about you guys but I was sick of hearing the announcers just sweat on New England and Ted Bruschi, I think it is great that he is back playing but how many times did we have to see his wife in the stands.......

On 2 turnovers in the game you couldnt even see them becasue ESPN was doing interviews on the side, I thought they called the game terrible.....Holcomb played well and Willis played great along with Moulds, Moulds showed last nite that with a decent QB he is still a #1 WR in the NFL.....How many times are we gonna watch Nate Clements get burned becasue he is playing grab ass out there.....And he wants a huge contract huh.....Well I think we know what the Bills need in the off season for next year some serious INTERIOR LINE HELP on DEFENSE, was putrid.....

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Agree with you both!! Start JP!!

BillsFanCupp38
10-31-2005, 09:08 AM
The playoffs are not out of the questoin yet. The way the AFC east is playing the winner of the division might have a 8-8 record. Seriously think about it. NE isnt what they used to be and who else is there to compete with? To think NE will have a better record that 10-6 is unlikely i beleive but we will see. If NE loses to Indi next week we are right back in this division race. I am surprised to see so many fans act this way after we played our best game of the season against the superbowl champs in Gillette stadium on a sunday night. It doesnt get much harder than that.